Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,239 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola (17261 Views)

PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ / Imo PDP Governorship Ticket: Ihedioha In Pole Position / Toyin Hamzat Likely Killed Over Tussle For Woman - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by OmerianConsult: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2013
He must have a very strong footing with Tinubu. He will perform, though.
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
solomon111: I think PDP is slacking in lagos.
Lagos is one of the easiest states for PDP to win,if they are smart enough.

In fact, I can work for free as a political/electoral strategy consultant for the PDP in Lagos, and I guarantee that if my blueprint is followed, the party would record a landslide victory at the polls. You need to interact with common people all over Lagos surburbs (the same people who would vote on election day) to understand just how unpopular Fashola and his gang of elitist thieves in the ACN have become in the state. If the PDP fails to win Lagos in 2015, the party should be disbanded.

1 Like

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Manlado: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
Let us view this in perspective.
Name one person that would emerge as Governor under ACN that will not be labeled a Tinubu boy.
Even if the whole of Lagos choose the candidate s/he would still be called Tinubu stooge.
I want progress in Lagos. A continuous one.
PDP and ACN should come out with there best.
Clean record, Articulate mind and smart stakeholders.

Once you emerge from ACN be prepared to be called imposition. Sorry ...
Politics is making your opposition appear worse than you are.

As for those who keep calling all Nigerian leaders thieves. The structure of Nigeria is imbalanced. Senator earns billions in four years including the unconstitutional constituency allowance created by PDP to appease themselves.

Show me a perfect man born of a woman....
God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
thelastPope:

Stop this gutter talk my friend. How can you who claim you are an intellectual be saying this nonsense in 2013? Whether his choice is the next pope is irrelevant. One man cannot be choosing candidates for millionsof people. What kind of backward thinking is that? You guys are a bunch of illiterates, honestly. Imagine people who claim to have attended school saying that one dictator should choose their leaders for them in a democracy. Such shameless statements coming from you lot. You all are hypocrites! Stop this your "his choice is better than GEJ" nonsense! Why do you always have to mention GEJ's name anytime your god, Tinubu is dragged on the floor? Is that your best line of defence for your god? Hypocrites!
na people go decide who dem wan vote 4 no be Tinubu
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by deshclones(m): 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2013

As in ehen...pdp is seriously slacking in lagos state...taking over alausa govt house come 2015 is the easiest thing ever..its like taking candy from a baby....just pdp in lagos is not focused..they believe in fire brigade attitude....same way they presented the worst of the worst in the person of the shy,disoriented dosunmmu in 2011...they should seat up..get a young accomplished professional with an intimidating CV....compile all tinubu's investment and kleptomaniac exploits....and lastly choose a christian...mehn e don be.i will be surprised if A.C.N. wins eti-osa,isolo,okota,ikotun,festac,alimosho etc in 2015..i will be surprised....wonder what these pdp lagos guys have on their shoulder..smh
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by takedat(m): 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
thelastPope:

Stop this gutter talk my friend. How can you who claim you are an intellectual be saying this nonsense in 2013? Whether his choice is the next pope is irrelevant. One man cannot be choosing candidates for millionsof people. What kind of backward thinking is that? You guys are a bunch of illiterates, honestly. Imagine people who claim to have attended school saying that one dictator should choose their leaders for them in a democracy. Such shameless statements coming from you lot. You all are hypocrites! Stop this your "his choice is better than GEJ" nonsense! Why do you always have to mention GEJ's name anytime your god, Tinubu is dragged on the floor? Is that your best line of defence for your god? Hypocrites!
Why are you so upset and why the double standard? You were comfortable with Jonathan handpicking a man for millions of Bayelsans and imposing Tukur on the PDP. Oh, its permissible when it comes to PDP but not to the opposition. If you want to condemn imposition, let it be a general condemnation and kindly watch your vitriol!

1 Like

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by chromoTop: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
Akson man: [size=13pt]All PDP needs to do is to scout for a seasoned,well trained professional and 'Christian' lagosian candidate. If PDP's 'Christian' candidate is not assassinated like they did to Funsho Williams,then in 2015 PDP will surely give ACN/APC a good battle.

Secondly,PDP's propaganda machinery should by now be compiling all Lagos investments linked directly or indirectly to Tinubu, starting with the illegal collection of taxes and levies from Lagos market women...as election draws near,they massively spread the word.[/size]

"Divide and Rule" does work like a charm
the seasoned professional and Christian governors ruling in other states are they any less worse than their Muslim counterparts? when will your likes see beyond religion?
Mind you Lagos reasons differently, so away with all these your biscuit politics. sad

5 Likes

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Articul8(m): 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
Will first like to ask, what is d meaning of imposition?
Correct ur irrational tots by defining d word.U guy av choice weda or nt to vote d guy.
It will b an issue wen d guy loses and den dey impose him on u.
Dot ur 'I's and cross ur 'T's

1 Like

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by bashydemy(m): 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
pro01:

In fact, I can work for free as a political/electoral strategy consultant for the PDP in Lagos, and I guarantee that if my blueprint is followed, the party would record a landslide victory at the polls. You need to interact with common people all over Lagos surburbs (the same people who would vote on election day) to understand just how unpopular Fashola and his gang of elitist thieves in the ACN have become in the state. If the PDP fails to win Lagos in 2015, the party should be disbanded.
Mind you most of those people aware of PDP misrule for 8yrs in Ogun State and now seeing what AMosun and the other ACN Governors are doing. I can bet my life that in 2015 Amosun will win Ogun state with landslide victory for Job well done in Ilo Awela to Oju-ore road and also in Sango and other part of the state.

1 Like

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by blackmann(m): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
solomon111: I just dey laugh.
Continuity at the expense of democracy.
Those that poster above knows what he is talking about?.

Answer this simple question dude. If you, as a person want to vote and you have a candidate who has proven himself in the few years he has governed, and you have another person whose party has proven time and time again that they are just a bunch of rogues who don't have the good of people at heart, who would you vote for? And what the blazes are you too talking about? Are we not in a democratic era? Continuity at the expense of democracy indeed.
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by sherrylo: 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
what is wrong with Tinubu endorsing a candidate?
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
How come 100% of those against this selection aren't from Lagos and most of them have no stake in the state?

I need people like Alh_harem, Desola, Kats, Ola one, Tony Spike, Dudu_negro et al's opinion on this.

However, I'll support anyone that can reduce the population of Lagos by at least 50%. Most of the people in the state shouldn't be there in the first place. A state as small as Lagos carrying the burden of 5 states is just unacceptable, to be honest.

London
Size = 1,570 km²
Population: 8.174 million
Popular opinion = overpopulated

Lagos
Size = 999.6 km²
Population: about 20 million

Unacceptable!!

3 Likes

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by solomon111(m): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
take dat: Why are you so upset and why the double standard? You were comfortable with Jonathan handpicking a man for millions of Bayelsans and imposing Tukur on the PDP. Oh, its permissible when it comes to PDP but not to the opposition. If you want to condemn imposition, let it be a general condemnation and kindly watch your vitriol!
That's equally wrong.
APC/ACN prides themselves as "progressives", why should they now copy an unprogressive,undemocratic system.?
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by munky(m): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
Everywhere in the World candidates are presented to the public via a democratic system of primaries. It is left for the public to decide if they buy the idea of a certain candidate becoming the next governor of a state. Parties would always act in their own interest. The democrats in the US would never endorse a republican even if the said republican is far more qualified than their own candidate. So if you don't like Action Congress' choice, you can always vote for the opposition. So there is nothing like an imposition of candidate.

1 Like

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by solomon111(m): 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
pro01:

Lagos state has one of the highest number of street children with one of the poorest educational system in the south,yet the elitist governor is wasting money on a time-bomb called "eko-atlantic city".
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by ayotolah: 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2013

Why not come and win it for them?
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Manlado: 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
pro01:

I assume you think election in Nigeria will follow a scientific rational. Lagos has over 10 million voters, if intelligence is to come to play, why should ACN not continue to win Lagos? Tinubu is the only bias I see.
ACN has plan for future Lagos and we all know.
Elite, Elite, Elite ....
If you earn all 90 % of your taxes from VI and co.
Then you should fix those roads and amenities around that area first.
That was the rational for 13% Derivation.

Residential area will come along.
People need to know
Unfortunately, there are those who will deceive for their own pleasure.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by takedat(m): 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
solomon111: That's equally wrong.
APC/ACN prides themselves as "progressives", why should they now copy an unprogressive,undemocratic system.?
Not until the money-bags stop funding political parties!
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by solomon111(m): 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
ShyM-X:
How come 100% of those against this selection aren't from Lagos and most of them have no stake in the state?

I need people like Alh_harem, Desola, Kats, Ola one, Tony Spike, Dudu_negro et al's opinion on this.

However, I'll support anyone that can reduce the population of Lagos by at least 50%. Most of the people in the state shouldn't be there in the first place. A state as small as Lagos carrying the burden of 5 states is just unacceptable, to be honest.

London
Size = 1,570 km²

Lagos
Size = 999.6 km²

Unacceptable!!
Before i even reply you,go and check the threads about Amaechi/GEJ imbroglio.
99% of those commenting are not from rivers.
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by chromoTop: 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
pro01:

common people? My friend do not trust the words a common man tells you in Lagos. the common Okada man against Tinubu voted his stooge in twice. talking to people in Lagos is different from the politics that runs in Lagos. Except of course you are just a free volunteer for PDP, you have no how things run within those small market groups, family connections, history connections etc. what do you know if you are not a Lagosian?
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by deshclones(m): 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
ShyM-X:

London
Size = 1,570 km²

Lagos
Size = 999.6 km²

Unacceptable!!

Lagosian that has never contributed a dime to the state coffers......niggah man...have you ever paid income tax,property tax,lastma fines,lawma,etc....if not shut the bleeping hole you call a mouth....you stay in some dimly lit room in downtown london and spew thrash...cursing people that generate the much needed income that your famed state benefits from....you want to pursue the igbos indeed...come and pursue us if its that easy nah....mouthed man...smh

1 Like

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by solomon111(m): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
ayotolah:

Why not come and win it for them?
Then you should thank PDP for not hiring someone like me,you muslim bigot.
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by ozodigboo(m): 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hmmm. . . Tinubu, Fashola, Hamzat. .
Na only muslims go de rule lagos ?
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
[s]
deshclones:

Lagosian that has never contributed a dime to the state coffers......niggah man...have you ever paid income tax,property tax,lastma fines,lawma,etc....if not shut the bleeping hole you call a mouth....you stay in some dimly lit room in downtown london and spew thrash...cursing people that generate the much needed income that your famed state benefits from....you want to pursue the igbos indeed...come and pursue us if its that easy nah....mouthed man...smh
[/s]

Go play in traffic and make sure it's in-front of the biggest car/truck.

You're inconsequential and you're hereby dismissed! undecided
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by IYANGBALI: 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
Gbawe:

You guys are simply amazing. This is a chap who has worked with Fashola for several years and is an outstanding intellectual and technocrat. Yet all you allow yourself to see is the name Tinubu. Na wa sha.

If you know better qualified candidates, why not suggests them since it is very obvious to even a 3 year old that every ACN candidate will be labelled a "Tinubu stooge" by you "damned if you do damned if you don't" thinkers. Perhaps the ACN should go and get their candidate from the PDP to satisfy folks like you that their guber representative is not a "Tinubu stooge".

The man qualifies professionally, academically and by virtue of being one of those who has worked closely with Fashola in an important portfolio as commissioner of works and infrastructure. Yet all that does not matter to you guys. Only to rant and invoke the name Tinubu when you cannot actually question the professional/academic credentials, directly relevant work experience and suitability of Hamzat.

Can any of you show, focused on merit and not your ALUU-style lynch mob proclivity, that Hamzat is not suitable to replace Fashola?

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/principalofficers.php?k=1534&ek=40

una this man count book well well o,when i grow up i would like to be like you,for now plsssss adopt me as your daughter
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by deshclones(m): 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
ShyM-X:
[s][/s]

Go play in traffic and make sure it's in-front of the biggest car/truck.

You're inconsequential and you're hereby dismissed! undecided

You are so predictable...i knew that was gonna be your next line....what do you know??...nothing apart from chest beating on the internet...sod off.
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Manlado: 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
ozodigboo: Hmmm. . . Tinubu, Fashola, Hamzat. .
Na only muslims go de rule lagos ?

Damn!!!
Who cares about religion?
Choose a fool because of religion.
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by plaindealer: 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
Many of you obviously don't know the meaning of imposition talk less what politics truly is.

The electorates imposes candidiates with their votes at the polls, not the other way around.

Who cares anyway, you are all irrelevant because it's up to the people of Lagos state to decide and regardless who they end up with, he or she is going to be another winner like Fahsola simply because of they have many skilled and telented administrators to pick from.
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
So it is now becoming obvious that a christian can never be governor in Lagos state
Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by lashane: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
I really don't seem to understand all the fuss about imposition. Till date we don't operate a one-party system in Nigeria, so when its election time come 2015, you are free to use your mandate to choose your preferred successor. I have been bored by you noise makers regards slandering Tinubu. An adage says 'There's no way we will walk without our head shaking'. But he has tried his best when he was Governor and he even did to us more good by suggesting to us a reputable man in Fashola who still had to be chosen by the the populace via voting. So you all are free to vote for any party of your choice. For me i know too well that ACN is a better party in the selection of people with will and purpose as its been evident in their doings in south-western states.

1 Like

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
solomon111: Before i even reply you,go and check the threads about Amaechi/GEJ imbroglio.
99% of those commenting are not from rivers.

GEJ is the president of Nigeria and everyone has a right to talk about him. Anyway, it's not about where the people posting comments are from, it's about their post pattern, their greed, and innate hatred for everything Yoruba. These people are just being indirect, their real intention is to see someone from their part of the country lord over Lagos.

You've got someone calling Fashola an elitist, yet he's the biggest supporter of GEJ and Iweala on this forum. Two failures who haven't achieved 1/10000th of what Fashola has achieved. A GEJ that has brought Nigeria to its kneels. And an Iweala who has been in-charge of our money for more than 10 years now(during the OBJ's time and now), yet has been a failure.

These people are snakes and they have ulterior motives. I can't stand them!

1 Like

Re: Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola by Manlado: 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
solomon111: Lagos state has one of the highest number of street children with one of the poorest educational system in the south,yet the elitist governor is wasting money on a time-bomb called "eko-atlantic city".

Mr Smart.
Lagos is not paying for the City.
Ideas brings progress and this one will benefit those street children.
Jobs and wealth to Lagos.
See .......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border / Police Discover Bomb Factory In Enugu / Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.