Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached (3184 Views)

Tonye Harry Is Dead (Ex-Rivers Speaker) / Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? / CP Orders Arrest Of Rivers’ Speaker. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by CallmeJKLUE(m): 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
news coming out of port harcourt says that pro jonathan rivers lawmakers have impeached the speaker of the rivers state house of assembly. Hon.Evans BP representing ogu gbolo constituency has been named the new speaker. In a chat with Hon Chinda Representing obio akpor constituency said the sitting held and all plans were concluded to remove the leadership of the house. Right now the leader of the house hon. Chidi lloyd is hospitalised with some members of the house. Ealier on The assembly complex broke into choas and staffs fled as members fought an blows were exchanged. A group is also taught to have attempted to collect the mace of the assembly while some staffs who fled claim gov. Ameachi himself stormed the house and took the mace.

In an attempt to put a lid on the situation. Leader of the house, chidi lyod has said via call to a reporter that their was no impeachment but there is heavy security at the complex, staffs have fled..
UPDATE: The New Speaker just spoke to naija info and he said 16 members out of the 25 members of the house present passed vote of no confidence to the leadership of the house. He said governor ameachi came to the house and faught him. He claimed gov ameachi tore his colleague shirt nd ordered his boys to chase them out. UPDATE: The new speaker hon. Evans BP said he has no plans to imepeach the governor but if needs arises he will, speaking to naija info. The speaker said it is sham for the governor to have intruded in the house sitting. UPDATE.
The rivers state commissioner of information, mrs ibim seminitari has called channels to give the governors side of the story on the issue.

claims while the house was about to begin it's sitting and the speaker was exchanging pleasantries with other members, the leader of the pro gej lawmakers, evans b.p fustrated with their inability to impeache the governor walked up to him and started slapping him, to

which the speaker fought back and a massive fight erupted in the chamber between pro ameachi and pro gej lawmakers.

And then some hoodlums hired by the pro gej group jumped in from the gallery and joined the fight attempting the collect the mace. Upon hearing this from the government house which is a few blocks away from the assembly, the governour set off in his motorcade to the assembly with his security when he arrived.

The fight intensified with pro gej lawmakers throwing things at the governor. Cars were destroyed, their were injuries on both side. The commissioner says a full statement will be released on the incident.
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by dasparrow: 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
@Post

Na wa oh! what is going on? So much bickering amongst these politicians.
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
NEVER a dull moment when AME-CHEAT AND THE OGA @ THE TOP ARE INVOLVED..... ##rides on with his big bottle of cold N246m wine(Gout de diamants)
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by gunuvi(m): 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
Gen gen! Let the movie begin
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by ogb5(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Would have been fun to See Gov Ameachi running away with the mace as if his life depended on it grin

Somebody help me, am lost here, I thought there is segregation of powers between the executives and the legistlatives,
Why will Amaechi invade the house to collect the mace.

Yes, now I remember, because he loves Rivers people so much, he is only trying to prevent the good leaders of the Rivers people from being changed. A wonderful and selfless politiciangrin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by slimghost(m): 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
ogb5: Would have been fun to See Gov Ameachi running away with the mace as if his life depended on it grin

Somebody help me, am lost here, I thought there is segregation of powers between the executives and the legistlatives,
Why will Amaechi invade the house to collect the mace.

Yes, now I remember, because he loves Rivers people so much, he is only trying to prevent the good leaders of the Rivers people from being changed. A wonderful and selfless politiciangrin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
16 passed a vote of no confidence in the speaker??
Never knew that those licking the president's feets were this much.

All hail Goodluck Jonathan, president and commander-in-chief of the retardeens.
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by fockusexkills: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
I expect the court to nulify the new speaker within days.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by yuzedo: 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ermmm, OP, bro, did dis ur right-up have subtitle??!? The eglish have brake my windscream glass. no ofence. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by Lilimax(f): 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
Part one just concluded...let part 2 begin shocked
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by AyeeIdris(f): 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
Source
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by Mujitapha(m): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
i hate dis.
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by Monimatic(m): 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
it's over for Amaechi
APC, Tinubu, NORTHERN GOVERNORS can not save him this time.
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by badmeat(m): 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
grin,e nor go sara sara o!
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by Mcdondayan: 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
I just wish this is true..

*singing* this one na season 2 oh, finish Timaya season 2 oh.
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by janvier27(m): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
act 2 scene 1.
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by HonEmeritus(m): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
The signs are becoming clearer. I fear a repeat of what happened in Oyo state House of Assembly in 2006 when Gov Ladoja was illegally impeached by Pro-Adedibu Lawmakers powerfully backed by PDP.
I hope the Judiciary will live up to the task ahead?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by arabanibaba: 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
no be small thing i hope the mace will not break the mace like that of my state ameachi carry go we dey your back
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by omenka(m): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
It is all for the good.
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by Lakayanah: 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
Oga the common start the debate. Drinking panadol you cannot even afford for politifians.
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by dridowu: 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
Impeachement 2013 in RIvers State don state b dat ooooooooo
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by ddeola: 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
Make we confirm d story first but if na true, we all know who is behind all the chaos in the state. Na the undignified GEJ and em shameless wife. They will surely reap what they have sown by God's grace
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by HonEmeritus(m): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
yuzedo: Ermmm, OP, bro, did dis ur right-up have subtitle??!? The eglish have brake my windscream glass. no ofence. undecided
. Can u see that the report was done hurriedly? Bombo Clat!!!
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by 2rutalk1: 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
show of shame! God have mercy
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by vivalavida(m): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
No dull moments wif Amaechi. Whether u did right or not in collecting the mace,u got me 100% behind u all the way
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by ogb5(m): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
What would we have said if Jonathan himself decide to invade the Senate chambers and collect the mace personally just to force a particular position?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
Please what is ''mace''? is it a man??

May God bless my mentor President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!
May he lead Nigeria to greater heights..
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by HisMajesty1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
Barbarians! Uncivilised lots.
Re: Rivers Speaker Has Been Impeached by OAM4J: 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2013

(1)

Jonathan Finally Agrees To Sack Stella Oduah And Recover The N255m / ASUU, How SE/SS Universities Betrayed ASUU. / TOP 50 US/CANADA BASED NIGERIANS - Nvslisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.