Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,027 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:54 PM

Geeks Suck At Kissing Bottom - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Geeks Suck At Kissing Bottom (920 Views)

Geeks & Nerds Thread! / Jokes For Geeks / --theory: Geeks, Computer Hobbyists And Programmers Hardly Gets The Girl Quick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Geeks Suck At Kissing Bottom by aitoehigie: 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
(ROUGH DRAFT)

A geek might not laugh at your joke if he doesn’t find it funny.

A geek might not talk to you unless he feels like it and might not respond sometimes when spoken to.

A geek might not try to be friends with you just for the sake of it, unless he finds areas of intersection of interests.

A geek is totally clueless about how to “do eye service, grovel and play dog eat dog office politics”.

A geek doesn’t know how to flatter just to curry favour.

A geek basically doesn’t give a Zap

The corporate world is a very difficult for a geek or creative to thrive in, especially when the geek possess most or all of the prior stated traits. Your boss expects you to “do eye service” e.g. “Morning Ma, you are looking awesome today”, “Morning Sir, nice suit, you look dapper, thanks to madam” blah blah blah, bullshit. If you don’t do any of these, you don’t get into good books of your boss. Also, your colleagues expect you to be a Mr Nice Guy, fun, hyper, ever positive person, which isn’t easy to do.

Most geeks/creatives acquired the skills they posses by spending huge tracts of “alone time” so most times they might not have the same level of social skills as their coding skills due to lack of exercising it. Therefore a geek forced to work in a heavily regimented corporate environment would spend it walking around with a target painted on his back and a sign on his head saying “SHOOT ME”.

His colleagues might call him strange, queer, abnormal etc just because he doesn’t fit into the mould of who they feel a normal person should behave.

News Flash People!!! A geek is different and proudly so. You might ostracize him but he wont give a Bleep because the more you leave him alone, the more time he would have to work on what he loves to do. To those who don’t know, they may find him aloof or cold but he is just being himself.
[url]http://aitoehigie./2013/07/09/geeks-suck-at-kissing-ass/ [\url]

2 Likes

Re: Geeks Suck At Kissing Bottom by Ajibel(m): 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
I actually clickd to know why geeks buttom sucks buh then...
Re: Geeks Suck At Kissing Bottom by AbuMikey(m): 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
Next Thread pls

*Now Playing* Copy and Paste by Erigga and Maxino
Re: Geeks Suck At Kissing Bottom by sledge2012(m): 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
#TGOD# i so much LOVE this post this describes me at the highest order which means am a GEEK then........wOW
Re: Geeks Suck At Kissing Bottom by Raypawer(m): 4:15am On Jul 16, 2013
Re: Geeks Suck At Kissing Bottom by Ajibel(m): 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
sledge2012: #TGOD# i so much LOVE this post this describes me at the highest order which means am a GEEK then........wOW

for ya mynd, u be GEEK
Re: Geeks Suck At Kissing Bottom by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
#TeamGEEK!!! cool

(1) (Reply)

Life And Times Of Tech Billionaire Jason Li (no. 3) / Free It Video For Cartoon Animation With The Software For Ibadan People. / Seun Is Trying To Rebuild Programming Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.