Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Ilorin Is A Yoruba Word That Means See History Below By Engr Musiwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin Is A Yoruba Word That Means See History Below By Engr Musiwa (819 Views)

Since: You Ask Who Is Musiwa By Engr Musiwa / Be / 5 unit have Sovereignty&Autonomy by Engr Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ilorin Is A Yoruba Word That Means See History Below By Engr Musiwa by musiwa29: 1:49am On Jul 10, 2013
Ilorin is a Yoruba word that means see history below by Engr Musiwa

Ilorin is a Yoruba word that means to sharp a sword. The Yoruba believe that to fight a war during the oyo empire, they had to go to a stone inside ilorin call Okuta Ilorin . I have been there believe it is at Idi Ape Quarters in ilorin. i went with a friend to see the stone.

It is a stone which market value is worth more than $5,000,000 and the people who live around the place dont know. the kwara state govt should take over the house because this is how to generate revenue for people to come and look and they sleep in hotel etc. and it bring people to come see the stone that started the city of ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Is A Yoruba Word That Means See History Below By Engr Musiwa by musiwa29: 1:52am On Jul 10, 2013
the value of the stone will be worth more than $100,000,000 in future as ilorin grows.
Re: Ilorin Is A Yoruba Word That Means See History Below By Engr Musiwa by REMMEI(m): 2:06am On Jul 10, 2013
ÌLO IRIN..hmmmm!..I believe someday we gonna have ONÍ'LORIN of ÌLORIN.
Re: Ilorin Is A Yoruba Word That Means See History Below By Engr Musiwa by musiwa29: 2:38am On Jul 10, 2013
grin
Re: Ilorin Is A Yoruba Word That Means See History Below By Engr Musiwa by kuluTemper: 6:28am On Jul 10, 2013
I am waiting for the day when in Nigeria somebody will leave his state to look at a stone in another state.

When that happens, then our economy is okay.
Re: Ilorin Is A Yoruba Word That Means See History Below By Engr Musiwa by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 10, 2013
How come Aare did not give us the picture of the "Okuta Ilorin"?
I have a slight different history from Aare on the name Ilorin grin
Re: Ilorin Is A Yoruba Word That Means See History Below By Engr Musiwa by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 10, 2013
REMMEI: ÌLO IRIN..hmmmm!..I believe someday we gonna have ONÍ'LORIN of ÌLORIN.
Keep dreaming...grin : D

(1) (Reply)

Stop The Traffik / Nigerian Government Attacks PREMIUM TIMES, Saharareporter on Reports On Security / Lagos Rice Project In Ogun State Takes Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.