Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife (63380 Views)

Remembering The Lost Comrades- OAU July 10 Cult Attack / 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! / Oau Ile Ife 2009/2010 Admission List! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ayyoshert: 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
Tolexander: read this
http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/index.php?news=15552
He is a great man.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ayyoshert: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
There is no issue. I just left the new Post Graduate College Complex donated by our fellow alumni, Jimoh Ibrahim. New structures have either been built or still being built.
-The History Natural Museum abandoned for about 25 years has been completed with its striking diamond shape. The Yaba Tech students I saw there were amazed.
-The main bowl of the Sports Complex is being reconstructed in preparation for NUGA. Its olympic size swimming pool has been completed.
-Former Old Buka site now houses the School of Music which is about 65 % completed.
-The new Moot Mock Court of Faculty of Law behind Faculty of Social Sciences is about 65 % completed.
-Senate Building extension has been completed.
-Yellow House extension is about 85 % completed.
-Second Phase of Faculty of Pharmacy (the first in sub-saharan Africa) is being completed by ETF just behind the faculty. There is another structure behind it whose roofing has been completed. I don't know its name.
-There is another structure beside the new Post Graduate College Complex.
-New hostels have been built at the gate on Build Operate and Transfer (BOT) basis.
-Airspace Musuem at the entrance of the way to religious area where the mosque and All Soul Chapel are has crossed roofing stage.
-The central market has moved to behind the ETF Hall and the New Buka.
What about old buka and the Iya Egins, fufu, Lafon and all their menu.
what about new buka, ala carte, one calabar joint wey i chop 'idin'(maggot) for dia food, for some time den if we want to eat in new buka we used to say we want to go and eat 'idin'. Are those places still there. Miss Ife lotssss.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ayyoshert: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
bellong: My students refused to graduate.... grin grin grin grin grin grin
i think that came out from one Dean of Faculty, Geology i think
when all other proud Deans were busy calling out their students for VC hand shake'during convocation, the old guy just simply shouted 'my students refused to graduate'. I will never forget my dept Mgt& Acct, the stress and late night reading.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by nicago: 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
ayyoshert: Not the whole of the campus stood still that day rather the whole of Ile-Ife township wept, it was a gory incident, i used to come to school then from my parents house in Rd 7 Olonade, the whole city wept i say. George Iwilade ( Afrika), Eviano Ekelemu and others rest in peace.

Yemi Ajiteru was also killed....my cousin Olaseni Ajayi barely escaped being killed by whiskers as he was a strong union member then and was marked..

I still shiver whenever I remember that day..
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by fellory: 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ola Johnson: It's exactly 14 years that cultists attacked Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, killing no fewer than 10 students. Prominent among those killed was the Secretary-General of the Students' Union, George Iwilade aka Afrika (founder of Afrika Forward Movement AFORM). It was said that the cultists struck in the early hours of the day after the initiation rites of members of the Keggites Club in the dining room of the Obafemi Awolowo Hall in the university had been concluded. No sooner had the initiation rites ended, and people retired to their rooms than the cultists struck. They were said to have sporadically shot which made students run, as cult attack and shooting were unusual on campus.

Share your experience of what you saw that day or what you were told. And how true was the claim that the cultists were sent by the then VC.

Moderators, front page.

Terrible night it was.I had just returned from class that night as a test was scheduled for the next morning.I had barely settled in bed(block 7 first floor)when the first shot rang out.The initial thought was that some of the kegites from other schools who had come to ce
Lebrate gyration were responsible.How dare they I said to myself.This is Ife and awo for that matter.The next shot followed and I heard go I
n to the rooms I immediately sprang from my bed put on my moocasin and jumped from the first floor I landed and got myself entangled in the clothe line used to dry clothes.I got up and after 2 steps another liner brought me down I summoned courage and ran for dear life.By the time I got to the fence behind block 6 I could not lift myself someone ran into me and I found myself on the other side breathing very heavily.After one hour in the bush we came out of hiding.My friends were already crying thinking d worst had happened.I was in year 3 then.Awo hall was never the same again.Great Ife great I luv u there is only one great ife in the universe another great ife is a counterfeit great great great great great

2 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by fellory: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
tpia@:

the only cult with a prominent/public base in oau is the kegites club.

That guy must be high on something.There were no cults with public face in Ife in my time dere.(97-2002)

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Gunzilla(m): 3:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
sanniemoe:

But don't u think Tony Fash was a blockhead. From what I picked here,Egbon yen ko ni ori to n ro mehn.. As in,a medical student with a bright future,messed up almost a decade of his life..what has he achieved with all the trouble he made then? Afrika was a law student( I understand what activism meant to him) but a medical student That bros needs to be whopped 20strokes everyday for the next 10years

You dey mind all these mumus here I was there when Tony Fash was prostrating and crying in front of Prof.Lamikanra of Pharmacy begging them to reinstate him.They are now here saying he was a hero,he was this or that..Bunch of Idiots!! Read his interview and he stated that they were strategising and this and that..Loll..all he did was beg until they finally took pity on his azz...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ojtopsy: 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
As i write this piece tears are drifting from ma eyes cos I was a witness to the massacre and was quite close to Africa and the sec. Gen who would have been a victim. I met Africa on his first day as a jambito he even slept on ma colonized bed in Angola hall J10 to be precise and I yab. Him cos of his hair style. He woke up and replied me immediately , but later we became friends, he later became an officer of the student union. On the ojo buruku esu gbomimu ie black day. Bode asabi (sec gen) went to study for a fluid mechanics test ( a course activism didn't allow him to take d previous session ). We went back to Awo around 3am to watch d kegites but d show became too boring to us unlike b4 and we left. That was our saving grace. We would have been among those attacked first. I went to sleep in Faj hall and I've not slept for 30mins when d shorts started coming in. After d commotion I rushed back to Awo to see things but some how I diverted to the health centre and saw Africa and two of his roommates . It was d first time I'll see such gory stuff and I pray Neva t c such again. He was shot right in the head and macheted, a signature of the buccaneer . Ditto for the bashiru guy can't remember his name again. There eyes popped out with white and gray matter all over. I carried him and he was dead cold, then I went out looking 4 bode. Thank God he escaped. On getting to Faj I heard one Eviano ekelemu was shot at the corridor on their way to attack Faro the orator.. Any day I remember dis tears flow freely from ma eyes. The SUG rose to d occasion but the deeds done.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by mikeapollo: 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2013
Demdem:

I doubted this also but before then, students never liked Omole. Some even claimed he is a cultist himself considering his love for white flowing gowns. That unfortunate incidence was just an oppurtunity that was maximised to get rid of him.

Take note: There have been 2 former VC with the name ''Omole''....One was WALE Omole....who was there in the mid 90s and used to wear white clothes all the time, and then WOLE Omole durin the late 90s/early 2000s

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
sagbar: 7
U mean one of my lecturers?am curious 2knw him.I'm in my final year nw....most young lecturers in my dpt seems 2 appear 'saint'

Are you in Elect? Do you know Kola Ogunba?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
*Long sigh* it is well... May there souls continue 2 Rest In Peace.

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by delpee(f): 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
Still so disheartening. May their souls rest in perfect peace.
Same prayer for the many students who lost their lives to students activism in years past most especially battles with the military govts on fees. The likes of Kunle Adepeju UI, Akintunde Ojo Unilag, Wemimo Akinbolu et al Unife, some from ABU etc.
May our students learn to eschew cultism and may the govt play its role properly to allow them learn in peace. Amen.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by fullblast(m): 8:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
Idacrux: AFRIKA leaved an unproductive,unfulfilled life.Yet some dudes here are busy emulating such person.wetin ur parents send u go do 4 uni. na politics abi book;I learnt a big lesson frm this tales*RIP*
. You must be thinking from your Anus...How old r you n how fulfilling has Ūя̲̅ live been? Afrika died at 20 n worths more than you even at death.

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Tolexander: 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
tai wo: Google bro..
i know ur type anyway. No comment.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Tolexander: 9:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
tomakint:
Kid, you are a ninny for the unguided outburst from you! This is a guy who risked his life, education, time to liberate OAU students from the shackles of oppression introduced into the system by sadist lecturers like Lamikanra, occultic VC like Wale Omole and you are here spewing gabbage, son, you deserve 100 strokes of bulala for that nonsense you just said! angry
lamikanra was my lecturer. Though he became quite gentle relative to what we heard about him.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by b2212(m): 11:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
[quote author=Jarus]You may want to read this article by one those

[/quote

Nice piece. Unfortunately a whole generation have been deprived of a life of quality and colour such as you have enjoyed.
Such intellectual intercourse and purity of action like bamidele aturus can no longer be found in our youth. A lot of souls have been sold to d highest bidder. Nigeria! Nigeria!
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by tomakint: 11:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
Tolexander: lamikanra was my lecturer. Though he became quite gentle relative to what we heard about him.
I have been a follower of Great Ife politics before I gained admission! Of course, Lamikanra had no choice than to be gentle because what brought him and Tony Fash on head on collision had a lot to do with his refusal to let go about 70 something pharmmacy students in the year '95 for some reasons best known to him which Tony Fash took upon himself and eventually led to their graduation! My guardian way back then was Professor Adewumi, that gentle Prof whose office is no1 at the Pharmacy dept!
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Tolexander: 6:17am On Jul 12, 2013
tomakint:
I have been a follower of Great Ife politics before I gained admission! Of course, Lamikanra had no choice than to be gentle because what brought him and Tony Fash on head on collision had a lot to do with his refusal to let go about 70 something pharmmacy students in the year '95 for some reasons best known to him which Tony Fash took upon himself and eventually led to their graduation! My guardian way back then was Professor Adewumi, that gentle Prof whose office is no1 at the Pharmacy dept!
i know prof adewumi.

I read it in the link i provided concerning the nations publish on tony fash after his eventual graduation from oau medical school. From what i heard, lamikanra was just fearful then. Never knew he was the dean that time of tony fash sha.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Idacrux: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2013
fullblast: . You must be thinking from your Anus...How old r you n how fulfilling has Ūя̲̅ live been? Afrika died at 20 n worths more than you even at death.
who be dis low life talking trash at moi...for ur info. I'm old enough to be ur uncle if not ur father,Afrika died at 20 the age of moi son and u'r happy busy celebrating such wey moi granny still dey alive n healthy at 98.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Tolexander: 11:16am On Jul 12, 2013
Idacrux:
who be dis low life talking trash at moi...for ur info. I'm old enough to be ur uncle if not ur father,Afrika died at 20 the age of moi son and u'r happy busy celebrating such wey moi granny still dey alive n healthy at 98.
nobody is celebrating anyone's death here but the legacy left behind.
The best thing that will ever happen to your granny is for her/his legacy to be celebrated widely beyond her/his nuclear and extended family like this afrika we are talking about.

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by skfa1: 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
All I can say is wow.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Pedagogue: 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
It's a pity that many of the posters here were not in ife whn d AFrika of Afrika ,d 'gbongbotiele' of Oodua and d Erasmus of Ife was killed!!!

This is without prejudice to other 4!!! D names of these men wil always resonate whenever mention is made of O.A.U 5 - because these guys were in one way or the other victims of evil men that invaded our 'ogba' then. That they did not hold a top SUG position like Africa shd not in anyway suggest that they were foreigners to our aluta then...

I was not only an eyewitness, I was fully involved in O.A.U as at that time- since NL is an anonymous forum, I'll refuse the temptation of giving further details.

I was drawn to contribute to this thread because i want to make some terse clarifications!

1. Some posters here said there were no cultists in Ife before 99, some said there were cultists ....D gist is both category of posters are right. Prior to 99, one can safely say that Ife never experienced any significant cult activity. Infact, Ife was very peaceful and no significant cult assault was recorded. However, one cannot still say that there were no cultists...D cultists in Ife were double faced. Some used Alpha club and some other clubs as their 'second face'. Infact, there were cultists in kegites club. Nevertheless, they were all too scared to 'show themselves' ...unlike the situation in U.I and some sister universities..
But this changed when one of d cult groups had a change of leadership...Their leader wanted to rebrand d cult group and make it as vicious as possible...this guy stayed in quarters and cut a larger than life image!!! Many later connected d guy to D VC because d guy and many of his friends stayed in quarters!!! But no one, and I repeat, no one can ever say with mathematical accuracy that d VC had a hand In d killings!!! Nevertheless, d timing of d killings and d reported closeness of this particular student did not favour Omole- d court of students opinion had already convicted him!

Back to d short story, Lanre ( d SUG president then) and others were carried away...we all felt that 'cultists cannot storm ife laye laye...' But before the actual killings, we noticed a rise in the number of guys wearing black shirts and yellow shorts ...Infact, I wondered aloud one day why a guy who wore a three quarter short cud wear an extra long yellow stockings to class...but since it was Ife, no one read any serious meanings to that !!! Thus, it was not true that there were no cultists prior to the killings....they were just not bold enough to show themselves (save for d pirates confraternity dt many SUG apologists belonged then...and d group was more or less like a petition writing group). But it is not true that Ife was their base...rather, U.I was d base of Eiye while Uniben was d base of d confraternity.

2. Africa and co were killed....it was not make a mistake- they were mainly killed (i think) because a rebranded cult group wanted to make a statement...they actually made d statement but they underestimated d response they got! So, their aim was not achieved.

3. No one can say whether Omole had a hand in it...but since we all knew he was bound to benefit frm the death of his antagonists, who wil not be happy to provide fatherly support to people that are interested in killing his enemies? But as a xtian, I have to be fair...Omole mite just have been a victim of circumstances! Students were looking for someone to 'pay' for d killings...no one cud av been a better sacrificial lamb than Omole who we really hated then !

4. Africa (in particular ) was killed because of some traitors...I will not say more than this!

5. I remember wiv nostalgia d role payed by Lanre...he sort of became an aluta animal after d killing! Before then, his leadership of d Union was not all that fantastic. But after, he became like a rabid dog....he institutionalised 'SIN' - students investigative network ( I sincerely hope they still have dt in Ife today).

6. After d killings, nothing was heard about this particular leader of d rebranded cult group...they left IFE. Till my graduation, whether black,white or red, no cultist was able to come up in d open or even in secret grin

7. What Africa and co paid with their blood WAs d liberation of Cultists that would have taken over the Uni- dt is what IFe students are enjoying till this day....believe me, cultists would have taken over IFE! D ife SUG under legacy then had no machinery of stopping their planned 'take over'. Fortunately for us and unfortunately for them, d massive plan to kill all known SUG leaders was their undoing...if they had used more subtle means of violence, iFe wud av been their den by now - this is because the collegial environment and d land mass of the school makes it very easy for students to operate.

8. This is another fact- None of d guys that shot Africa and co were arrested...they left after acting their 'film'. We could not use our ' of d greatest ife ' mantra to organise and confront the armed to the teeth cultists. Even Wale (I wonder where he is now ) who was d most notorious Aroite could not use his aroism to confront d gun wielding idiots..d guy broke his leg when he jumped from the medical floor....pls, dnt ask me where I was or what I did grin

9. Africa was shot - but there's a possibility that he was axed too! But since his face was dismembered, d axe was not d cause of death , d gun was!

10. Univ of Ife is the best university in Nigeria. This is d only uni in Nig that I cn boldly say will equip u in all ramifications. I am who I am today because of God and O.A.U....but I must warn, there are two categories of O.A.U graduates - d 'seselenses' and d ' mo wan be' ...where do u belong? For current O.A.U students, don't face your books ALONE...if u do, all what u will be rewarded with is mediocrity!!! But if u involve urself in worthy ventures, yours is d kingdom of heaven and earth grin. But while at it, use your brain o

Of d greatessssst pa won, I rest my case!

9 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Ajasnoop: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Pedagogue I read you loud and clear. To help debunk a few myths as an outsider with a long lens looking in.

1) As at the time of Afrika's death, there were at least Pyrates, Buccaneers, Eiye, Mafia, and possibly Vikings operating in OAU. I was not a student of OAU in fact I had long graduated when this happened

2)I had "Sailed" (using a term most will be familiar with, not necessarily a term I will use) in OAU twice in the early 90s. I really admired the school as people of all colours co-habited in peace and we "sailed" with the full cooperation of the SUG and even the school authorities. This is a fact. this was not obtainable in the school I attended or possibly any other school in Nigeria. It is a model if followed will greatly reduce Cult violence in Nigeria

3) OAU was largely peaceful "injus" wise because of the strict academic regime and they did not have a lot of outside influence from external members

4) while I can never blame Afrika for his death, He tried to use the Sowore (of sahara reporters fame) model in Unilag to go after the so called cultists. He upset the "healthy balance" that existed in Schools. According to sources, what triggered the mayhem of that night, it was alleged that Afrika and some other SUG memebrs had beaten up and stripped naked a very top member of one of the groups. The Mayhem could be called a reprisal attack. it is almost a carbon copy of the Sowore attack, the only difference is that Sowore was attacked by a coalition and Afrika was taken by a single group

5) The VC was not involved. The amount of fire power used that day would take down a small police station

6) No student of OAU was directly involved. The Hit was pulled mainly by students from a Western federal university and a South South Federal university with the help of the odd sprinkle of rusticated members and professional injus men

7) it is wrong when u say the SUG stopped "cult" activities in Ife. If you understand the mechanisms of how confra works, then you will know that Ife does not lend itself to cult activities and they will never really flourish in IFE. Ife is academically rigid. It is an old school in a small town so externals do not pass through the school. It does not have a strong off-campus system.

cool Contrary to popular belief, the top heirarchy of most "cult" groups are against violence. They will encourage their "student" members to join other organisations like social clubs, aisiec, jaycees, kegites, rotaract etc. This is not only to get a "second face" as pedagogue says but to bring out more rounded individuals. it is believed that someone who does more with his life will value his life and that of others.

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by JesusDWay(m): 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
@Demdem, which block did you live in back in Angola? I think i was in block 6 or 7, can't really remember.

Really bad early period of the morning. We were to have Physics 101 test that morning and i had gone to read in the school area. I planned to stay there till after the test but somehow, i came back to my room in Angola, i think around 9:30pm. I later slept and woke up around 1:30am(if i remember well) and i slept again by 2am. I woke up around 4am and was trying to read then went outside the room to wee when i heard the gunshot. Stories have had it that the cult guys were regrouping around new buka and so i thought that must have been where the gunshots were coming from not knowing it was from nearby Awo Hall. I remembered saying "these guys don't fear us again o". Before this time, i think around February or March(we were sent home in March for a protest to reinstate Fash and other rusticated students), the cult guys(i think ) were said to have appointed new leaders not long and so had an incidence where they beat up a guy because he was alleged to have overtaken their car while coming to drop girls they picked up from Moz. It was the guy that reported them to the SUG people at Awo who later went to round them up and beat the daylight out of them. When i saw them in front of SUG that evening, believe me i'm not exaggerating, the gun i saw with those guys was a type i've only seen once in the picture of a war film.

When we later resumed in June, a friend told me the school is more populated than usual. We began seeing the cult guys that have been handed over to school authority walking about in school(this may be the reason some feel it was the VC that sent them) and students were agitating. There was even a time their alleged leader came to the hall i was reading one night at White House(was kinda just looking for an escape route when i saw him grin). So, back to July 10, we started hearing gunshots in Angola and when the gunshots seem to not get abated, we kinda concluded in my room that it must be because they want to register their presence, not knowing blood was already flowing in nearby Awo. Someone mentioned that if we could all just go out and chase them, maybe they'll be scared or something like that. The next thing we heard was the voice of someone saying "E jade o, E jade o, won ti pa Africa o" meaning "Come out, Come out, they have killed Africa". Boy! you need to see the way people dived to hide and were shouting "e pana, e pana", meaning "switch off the light bulb, switch off the light bulb".

We later waited till daylight and started hearing different accounts. We learn't they were shouting "Come out, Come out, we want war, we ant war). Someone in my department then, who was an handicapped student and was staying in Block 8 Awo said his room mates didn't even remember they had an handicapped mate, all man just went for himself. He had to start limping to move away from the place and when he got tired, hid the bush beside the health centre. He said he later saw the cult guys pass through the bush path to Faj and when it got to the last of them who happened to be the only one out of like 40 of them and who didn't wear a mask, he stopped and looked at the direction where he hid and said "who is there"? He said he didn't respond, thinking maybe he just wanted to see if there was someone there or not, he repeated the question, this time threatening to shoot and my class guy replied "abeg o, i be handicap student ni o". He said the others came to ask what was happening but he told them they should proceed. He said his mouth was just shaking, as he has escaped death i guess. Africa was killed, along with three other guys in his room and Eviano, a victim of circumstances. I must say at this juncture that God should help one not to miss opportunity when it comes. One of the guys killed in Africa's room was preached to by my room mate to give his life to Christ but he jokingly waived it away, not knowing death was near at his door. I gave my life to Christ around that period and i must testify that the spiritual atmosphere then was a strong one.

Back to my account, boy! The next thing was that folks started picking their bags, taking the next available bus back home. The later incidences we were hearing through the electronic media. Awo boys and the SUG came together and strategized to, went to the front of school and started checking every car. That was how they caught Efosa(if i remember his name well) and i guess some others. They killed like two people later who were alleged to have had incriminating stuffs on them. There false alarms after we came back to school again, in which one of my room mates injured himself while trying to run. A panel of inquiry was set and the PRO accused the President that he was the masterminder(only God knows what some people have in their mind, to make allegations of such magnitude). The VC was ousted as a result of the incidence and a massive anti-cult campaign was started, which i think went round the schools in South-West.

1 Like

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by tpia5: 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
Is the investigation being reopened or why is so much interest being generated on this matter? Planning another hit? Studying the methods used?

And yes, suspects were arrested and identified, but they were all released and some subsequently left the country.

The cases were dropped, typical of cult issues. Even the police keep low profiles on anything relating to cults.

I do not think typing all these long and most likely fabricated stories will matter should push come to shove.

And whats the purpose of the thread? One would think ife is the only place with cult related issues, if you people are escalating things to this level, then what should schools like uniben, ekpoma and other cult strongholds say?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
While it can be said that there may be cultists in OAU, it will however be wrong to conclude that there are cults in the school.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 13, 2013
tpia@:
Is the investigation being reopened or why is so much interest being generated on this matter? Planning another hit? Studying the methods used?

And yes, suspects were arrested and identified, but they were all released and some subsequently left the country.

The cases were dropped, typical of cult issues. Even the police keep low profiles on anything relating to cults.

I do not think typing all these long and most likely fabricated stories will matter should push come to shove.

And whats the purpose of the thread? One would think ife is the only place with cult related issues, if you people are escalating things to this level, then what should schools like uniben, ekpoma and other cult strongholds say?
why do u always have different views?? Im interested in d way u think.

2 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by tpia5: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
What do you disagree with in my post?

Other schools dont have cults?

There's nothing unusual about the way i think, some of you are just too comfortable to see whats right in front of you in plain view, thats all.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Atolagbe1: 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
OAU my A$$.I don't know wat so gr8/special abt dis fucking oau that is full of fustrating students. unless ,if u've not been there u'll think may be is a home away frm home.oau is known as d den of *cultism* and other social *violence* that what lead to Afrika's death.Oau@ife$uck$¥"@.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Atolagbe1: 5:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
@moderator. Me dey hope say ogun wan punish u,y u dey change wetin i write abi na ur papa buy me MB to browse nl? Haaaahhaaaha..... because u be oau alumni.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ojtopsy: 8:42am On Jul 14, 2013
tpia@:
What do you disagree with in my post?

Other schools dont have cults?

There's nothing unusual about the way i think, some of you are just too comfortable to see whats right in front of you in plain view, thats all.
It's a pity u a not getting d gist. Cult killing or oppression was alien to OAU culture.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Demdem(m): 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
JesusDWay: @Demdem, which block did you live in back in Angola? I think i was in block 6 or 7, can't really remember.

I was in H Block. Angola Blocks are numbered alphabetically. Will leave the room number for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Expulsion Of Babcock Female Student In Leaked Sex Video / Top 50 Universities In Africa 2015 - Latest Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.