Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife (63381 Views)

Remembering The Lost Comrades- OAU July 10 Cult Attack / 1999 CULT ATTACK ON OAU - What Really Happened!!! / Oau Ile Ife 2009/2010 Admission List! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by badboym: 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
sanniemoe: Abeg,broses I was quite young then. What happened? From my own knowledge of cultism,I know cult group fight rival groups only,so what could have led to the shooting spree? Why were these guys killed? For someone to be shot and axed,that means the person was a rival.. Can someone please shed more light here
Everyone on here is crying for the so called martyrs without mentioning the Justified and ethical atrocities they committed which incited the massacre. It's funny how no one mentioned how the so called Martyrs illegitimately wasted lives of people's children who were cultist. The Bible stated it clearly, he who lives by the sword will die by the sword. They killed Cultist and the Cultist retaliated. The VC then had nothing to do with the reprisal attack. Willy nilly,the so called anti cult group were beginning to oppress due to what I call Power drunk. If they were not Power drunk,why would they kill a Cultist? FYI George Iwilade (Afrika) wasn't killed in his sleep. He was chased to his room and contrary to what everyone on here is saying,he was shot in the mouth and that was what scattered his head and splashed his blood on the walls of the room.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 04, 2013
badboym: Everyone on here is crying for the so called martyrs without mentioning the Justified and ethical atrocities they committed which lead to the massacre. It's funny how no one mentioned how the so called Martyrs illegitimately wasted lives of people's children who were cultist. The Bible stated it clearly, he who lives by the sword will die by the sword. They killed Cultist and the Cultist retaliated. The VC then had nothing to do with the reprisal attack. Willy nilly,the so called anti cult group were beginning to oppress due to what I call Power drunk. If they were not Power drunk,why would they kill a Cultist? FYI George Iwilade (Afrika) wasn't killed in his sleep. He was chased to his room and contrary to what everyone on here is saying,he was shot in the mouth and that was what scattered his head and splashed his blood on the walls of the room.
Mention the name of one of the lives wasted by the unionist.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Forzap: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by badboym: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Mention the name of one of the lives wasted by the unionist.
Apologies,the Unionist did not kill any Cultist before the massacre as I have confirmed from a very reliable source. I had said that because I heard something like that in the past. One thing we also need to understand is,the Cultist tried as much as possible not to take innocent souls except for the very nosy ones. They had targets and those Targets belonged to Eiye Confraternity who were Unionist and Afrika happens to be one of them. The chose Kegites' coronation day because on that same day,the Eiye confraternity initiates new members. They also knew past members would be around and yes Legacy was a target.With all that said, R.I.P to all the lives that were lost that day.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by bellong: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2013
^^^ I want to assume you were part of the hit-squad from the way you confidently stated the missions of those cultist. If you have no idea about something, its better to keep quit than exposing your ignorance to the public.

2 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by badboym: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2013
bellong: ^^^ I want to assume you were part of the hit-squad from the way you confidently stated the missions of those cultist. If you have no idea about something, its better to keep quit than exposing your ignorance to the public.
Calm down my friend. I only gave my own account. I am not a violent person and I won't trade words with the blind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ojtopsy: 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
badboym: Everyone on here is crying for the so called martyrs without mentioning the Justified and ethical atrocities they committed which incited the massacre. It's funny how no one mentioned how the so called Martyrs illegitimately wasted lives of people's children who were cultist. The Bible stated it clearly, he who lives by the sword will die by the sword. They killed Cultist and the Cultist retaliated. The VC then had nothing to do with the reprisal attack. Willy nilly,the so called anti cult group were beginning to oppress due to what I call Power drunk. If they were not Power drunk,why would they kill a Cultist? FYI George Iwilade (Afrika) wasn't killed in his sleep. He was chased to his room and contrary to what everyone on here is saying,he was shot in the mouth and that was what scattered his head and splashed his blood on the walls of the room.

It's obvious u were part of the team dat struck. Let it be known to u dat their blood would be on u and at least 3 generations to come, unless your hand is clean. U know what dat means.? The average ages of those guys that were killed will be the age that ur children will cross over. If anyone manages to cross den ur gr.children will carry on. It just d way it is.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Soloblincus(m): 11:36am On Sep 03, 2013
ojtopsy:

It's obvious u were part of the team dat struck. Let it be known to u dat their blood would be on u and at least 3 generations to come, unless your hand is clean. U know what dat means.? The average ages of those guys that were killed will be the age that ur children will cross over. If anyone manages to cross den ur gr.children will carry on. It just d way it is.
are u by any chance suporting the killing of cultist without trying dem in court? Inasmuch as i condem the july 10 attack, there is no justification whatsover for africa to take d life of a fellow citizen. If intellectuals indulge in such, what do u now expect from touts? Allu4?.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ojtopsy: 10:40am On Sep 04, 2013
Soloblincus: are u by any chance suporting the killing of cultist without trying dem in court? Inasmuch as i condem the july 10 attack, there is no justification whatsover for africa to take d life of a fellow citizen. If intellectuals indulge in such, what do u now expect from touts? Allu4?.
Hello thats where the problem is. Lies everywhere. No one was killed by the excos. The cult guys were just beaten up and handed over to the authorities, maybe u neva read d posts or u a just a hardliner like ur friend above. I really have to restrain myself by replying u pls. cos ur post is nauseating.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2013
It ll be really nice nd appreciated if any of the cultists that raided that day can come here and tell us what exactly instigated that attack, even if he appears anonymous, we won't mind.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by TearsOfTheSun(m): 9:02am On Jul 10, 2014
cry
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Adewunmibaba(m): 4:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
saharareporters.com/2013/07/18/still-appointment-pro-chancellor-lautech-petition-lanre-adeleke
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by skiduski(m): 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Some people just want to come here and spout their ignorance or render 2nd hand hand-me-down info of what they know nothing about.
badboym get your facts right before you come here are speak of things you do not know. No cultist was ever killed by the then SUG of OAU. all cultists apprehended were beaten (shishi ferefe or shishi infinitua) to get info out of them so as to apprehend other members and then handed over to the police for prosecution. but unfortunately the police end up releasing these miscreants back in to society after their god-fathers or rich parents have bribed them. I remember a congress/panel that was set up after the july 10 killings and different people came out to give accounts of what happened that black day. there was a lawyer cross examining them and i recall Wale omole also took the stand and was drilled rigorously. It was during this congress/panel that we were intimated of the release of the said apprehended cultists without taking them to court.
badboym it is obvious from your replies that you were either part of the hit squad or a cultist but remember what goes around comes around.
I was staying in block 8 awo hall: ITF taekwondo room during the attacks and i barely escaped with my life. I ran from Awo hall following the bush part that led through the back of health center to Fajuyi hall, little did i know that they were on my trail. Immediately i got to Fajuyi hall i was besieged by people that wanted to know what was happening in awo hall, as i stood there explaining i heard a gunshot behind me and all hell broke loose. i took off and ran through Fajuyi hall and headed for sports hall but knowing how unsafe it is to go to any hall as it can be under attack at any time i headed for sports center. i met a guy along the way and we both walked to sports center hoping we would find safety there but alas we almost lost our lives if not for caution. As we stood around cricket pitch we saw a group people approaching from the gym area, there was no light so we could only see their silhouettes as they approached the guy said we should go and join them as there was safety in number but i applied logic and said since they were not in haste or running in panic then we should still hide, that singular action saved our lives as those people turned out to be cultist brandishing guns. they followed the bush path leading from thr cricket pitch towards where the mosque is and varnished into the night. I can stll remember everything as if it was yesterday and to this day i still thank God for guarding and sparing my life.

4 Likes

Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 12, 2014
skiduski: Some people just want to come here and spout their ignorance or render 2nd hand hand-me-down info of what they know nothing about.
badboym get your facts right before you come here are speak of things you do not know. No cultist was ever killed by the then SUG of OAU. all cultists apprehended were beaten (shishi ferefe or shishi infinitua) to get info out of them so as to apprehend other
members and then handed over to the police for prosecution. but unfortunately the police end up releasing these miscreants back in to society after their god-fathers or rich parents have bribed them. I remember a congress/panel that was set up after the july 10 killings and different people came out to give accounts of what happened that black day. there was a lawyer cross examining them and i recall Wale omole also took the stand and was drilled rigorously. It was during this congress/panel that we were intimated of the release of the said apprehended cultists without taking them to court.
badboym it is obvious from your replies that you were either part of the hit squad or a cultist but remember what goes around comes around.
I was staying in block 8 awo hall: ITF taekwondo room during the attacks and i barely escaped with my life. I ran from Awo hall following the bush part that led through the back of health center to Fajuyi hall, little did i know that they were on my trail. Immediately i got to Fajuyi hall i was besieged by people that wanted to know what was happening in awo hall, as i stood there explaining i heard a gunshot behind me and all hell broke loose. i took off and ran through Fajuyi hall and headed for sports hall but knowing how unsafe it is to go to any hall as it can be under attack at any time i headed for sports center. i met a guy along the way and we both walked to sports center hoping we would find safety there but alas we almost lost our lives if not for caution. As we stood around cricket pitch we saw a group people approaching from the gym area, there was no light so we could only see their silhouettes as they approached the guy said we should go and join them as there was safety in number but i applied logic and said since they were not in haste or running in panic then we should still hide, that singular action saved our lives as those people turned out to be cultist brandishing guns. they followed the bush path leading from thr cricket pitch towards where the mosque is and varnished into the night. I can stll remember everything as if it was yesterday and to this day i still thank God for guarding and sparing my life.

Why were they trailing you sir? Were you also a member of the SUG?
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by skiduski(m): 4:49am On Jul 20, 2014
bodashee:

Why were they trailing you sir? Were you also a member of the SUG?

No i wasn't a member of the SUG. it was a case of being at the wrong places at the wrong times. Thank God i survived it sha.
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by klevjey: 3:12pm On May 17, 2015
sexkilzaphull:

I made a change already but I find it annoying that he talks as though he had a clue about Ife. How can he utter such crap when people even after US, Ife is still the top university by a long shot? No offence, but he annoyed me with his comment! When and how did Ife lose steam?

Ife don loose stem jare
Re: July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife by ojtopsy: 1:01am On Dec 23, 2015
Soloblincus:
are u by any chance suporting the killing of cultist without trying dem in court? Inasmuch as i condem the july 10 attack, there is no justification whatsover for africa to take d life of a fellow citizen. If intellectuals indulge in such, what do u now expect from touts? Allu4?.

I don't know if this thread is still open but I just have to reply u.sin de I just saw this misinfo. Africa Neva killed anyone. He was just a mobilizer and he happened to lead the guys that apprehended the so called big fish who were given ,maximum shishi or beating. So get your fact right some of those guys were charged to court after his death. Do u charge a dead man to court?. The VC was equally on nairaland and he has explained his own side of the story ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Expulsion Of Babcock Female Student In Leaked Sex Video / Top 50 Universities In Africa 2015 - Latest Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.