Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Prices Of Food In Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prices Of Food In Nigeria (1462 Views)

If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / COMPARE Prices Of Food Stuff In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prices Of Food In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 12:56am On May 20, 2008
I am befuddled at what I read on one Nigerian blog. Is it for real? A cup of rice is 150 Naira, while a cup of beans is 80 Naira? A tuber of yam is over 300 Naira and a bottle of groundnut oil is more than 200 Naira.

What's going on in Nigeria? I keep reading the fanciful/encouraging news of the boom in salaries of those in the private sectors. Now, I have to question the possibility of feeding one's family with even an annual salary of 5 million Naira, when you factor in other expenses vis a vis rent, gas, clothes. We are in a very dire situation.
Re: Prices Of Food In Nigeria by savanaha: 1:00am On May 20, 2008
Well since the private sector gave themselves the raise it would explain why others are starving and the National looters Government are increasing their salaries for all the amazing nothing they have achieved.
Re: Prices Of Food In Nigeria by okenwa(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2008
THEY SOLD EVERYTHING
including source of food
Re: Prices Of Food In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 4:16am On May 22, 2008
Very pathetic. A former school mate of mine informed me a cup of rice is 160 Naira. It's unbelievable!
Re: Prices Of Food In Nigeria by muyiserra1(m): 6:49pm On May 22, 2008
Too bad with the Nigerian economy, our monetary policy is just too bad. A tuber of yam three hundred naire can you imagine, and those fat baboons are doing nothing about it
Kai you cant imagine someday receiving 10.000 naire monthly and another person receiving up to 150.000 naire imagine the difference,
Let do something about these.
Re: Prices Of Food In Nigeria by elizabetta(f): 4:18pm On May 23, 2008
Nigeria don finish o,a bag of rice is now #15,000,so it is only God that will help us.

(1) (Reply)

Success Story – KEHINDE KAMSON (Founder/CEO, Sweet Sensation Confectionery) / I Need A Girl To Cook Me This Food Right Here??? / Lagos Cookout!@chefsinthepark!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.