Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Jehovah's Witness Contradictions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witness Contradictions (1669 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by benalvino(m): 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
Bernimoore ask me to create a page concerning this...
he was arguing with by twisting bible verse that Jesus is an angel... his buddy ijawkid was with him... so i had to show them how confuse their organization is...

the watchtower claims in the picture from my watchtower library that God did not send man or angels to pay the ransom... the reason they gave was in the picture... you can read it... they know that the angels dont have enough power to do it... in fact they recognize that only God can do it... so who is that God? Jesus(perfect lamb)... read for your self...

all they do is confuse their self. I can point out some many contradiction... but i am afraid it will offend some of my friends here.

more contradictions

"We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry-be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization." The Watchtower, 11/1/1990, p. 26

"identifying themselves with Jehovahs organization is essential to their salvation." Our Kingdom Ministry, 11/1990, p. 1

Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hi Ben,

Have you considered the context in which the two seemingly contradictory statements were made?

I believe a case can be made for the JWs if the context is put in proper perspective...
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by benalvino(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi: Hi Ben,

Have you considered the context in which the two seemingly contradictory statements were made?

I believe a case can be made for the JWs if the context is put in proper perspective...

let me see the case...

and which of the contradiction you are talking about?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
benalvino:

let me see the case...

and which of the contradiction you are talking about?

That would be the one that has to do with the "salvation" and "organization" thingy.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by benalvino(m): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
@strik

“Obey God as Ruler”
13 Similarly, when the Jewish authorities commanded Peter and John to stop preaching about Jesus, they replied: “Whether it is righteous in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, judge for yourselves.” (Acts 4:19; 5:29) They could not keep silent. The magazine The Christian Century draws attention to another conscientious stand taken by the early Christians when it says: “The earliest Christians did not serve in the armed forces. Roland Bainton notes that ‘from the end of the New Testament period to the decade A.D. 170-180 there is no evidence whatever of Christians in the army’ (Christian Attitudes Toward War and Peace [Abingdon, 1960], pp. 67-cool. . . . Swift says Justin Martyr ‘takes it as a matter of course that Christians refrain from violent acts.’”
14 Why did the early Christians not serve as soldiers? Doubtless, each one carefully studied God’s Word and laws and made his personal decision on the basis of his Bible-trained conscience. They were neutral, “no part of the world,” and their neutrality forbade them to choose sides in this world’s conflicts. (John 17:16; 18:36) Further, they belonged to God. (2 Timothy 2:19) Laying down their lives for the State would have meant giving to Caesar what belonged to God. Moreover, they were part of an international brotherhood bound together in love. (John 13:34, 35; Colossians 3:14; 1 Peter 4:8; 5:9) They could not in good conscience take up arms with the possibility of killing a fellow Christian.
15 In addition to this, Christians could not go along with popular religious observances, such as emperor worship. As a result, they were viewed as “peculiar and dangerous people, and the rest of the population naturally suspected them.” (Still the Bible Speaks, by W. A. Smart) Although Paul wrote that Christians should ‘render to him who calls for fear, such fear,’ they did not forget their greater fear of, or respect for, Jehovah. (Romans 13:7; Psalm 86:11) Jesus himself said: “Do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.”—Matthew 10:28.
16 As Christians, we face up to similar challenges today. We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry—be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization. (1 Corinthians 10:14; 1 John 5:21) And like the early Christians, we cannot compromise our Christian neutrality.—Compare 2 Corinthians 10:4.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by benalvino(m): 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
^^
Directing Bible Students to Jehovah’s Organization
1 Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the “one flock” Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah’s organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established.
2 Help your Bible students to get acquainted with the many features of Jehovah’s earthly organization. Following the first-century pattern, all of Jehovah’s people belong to congregations that are made up of elders, ministerial servants, and publishers. Today, the members of the congregations enjoy attending five meetings a week. There are periodic assemblies and conventions scheduled during the year, and these provide special instruction along with opportunities to associate with fellow Witnesses from different areas. Also, there are pioneers, missionaries, and traveling overseers, as well as a Governing Body that directs the worldwide work. How might you acquaint your Bible students with the various aspects of Jehovah’s organization? How can you help them see that the organization’s structure is Bible-based?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
^^^

If you ask me, I will say the first use of the word "organization" is different from the second...

The first seem to me like they were trying to describe organizations made by man while the second usage may be referring to the organization of God's chosen people on Earth.

We really can't say that the people God has chosen for himself are not organized, and if they are, it would be appropriate to refer to them as an organization and anyone who trully belong to such organization is, quite frankly, on the right path.

I might not agree with the JWs viewpoint as it relates to the nature and form of this organization of God's people but still it is different from any man made organization.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by mcfynest(m): 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
first ask ypurselve this question. are we supposed tp be witness of God or of Jesus....
Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by benalvino(m): 4:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi: ^^^

If you ask me, I will say the first use of the word "organization" is different from the second...

The first seem to me like they were trying to describe organizations made by man while the second usage may be referring to the organization of God's chosen people on Earth.

We really can't say that the people God has chosen for himself are not organized, and if they are, it would be appropriate to refer to them as an organization and anyone who trully belong to such organization is, quite frankly, on the right path.

I might not agree with the JWs viewpoint as it relates to the nature and form of this organization of God's people but still it is different from any man made organization.

they say the watchtower is Jehovah's organization... and they say they wont go to any organization for salvation...

the organization called watchtower(God's organization) is founded by pastor Russell... I have not seen any Organization(church) that is not started by a man today...
is this man made organization or not? can someone say everything that comes out from them God told them... God's channel of communication and yet predict the end of the world several times is God's organization?

fact is they say not to go to organization for salvation... i thought they will say go to Jesus... but they say God's organization(watch tower).
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by benalvino(m): 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
mcfynest: first ask ypurselve this question. are we supposed tp be witness of God or of Jesus....
Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Who are you directing this to?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
benalvino:

they say the watchtower is Jehovah's organization... and they say they wont go to any organization for salvation...

the organization called watchtower(God's organization) is founded by pastor Russell... I have not seen any Organization(church) that is not started by a man today...
is this man made organization or not? can someone say everything that comes out from them God told them... God's channel of communication and yet predict the end of the world several times is God's organization?

fact is they say not to go to organization for salvation... i thought they will say go to Jesus... but they say God's organization(watch tower).

Oh, okay...now I understand!
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by benalvino(m): 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Oh, okay...now I understand!

I am seeing alot of there contradictions... especially after attacking the roman catholic! they will do same exact they they attack them for.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by mcfynest(m): 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
benalvino:

Who are you directing this to?

to any jw on d thread
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by Itsfacts: 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
Like they say abstain from blood but you go ahead and take blood fractions.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by BERNIMOORE: 1:11am On Jul 11, 2013
pls everyone, read this link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1318212/firstborn-does-it-mean-first/28

https://www.nairaland.com/1318212/firstborn-does-it-mean-first/27

Bernimoore ask me to create a page concerning this...
he was arguing with by twisting bible verse that Jesus is an angel... his buddy ijawkid was with him... so i had to show them how confuse their organization is...

benalvino is just a wounded person, on the tread treating trinity, check his lies https://www.nairaland.com/1318212/firstborn-does-it-mean-first/30#16736365

i pushed him hard to prove father, son and holy spirit as one beign that is God as he claimed, he couldnt, and was angry, but rather he was desperate to hang on anything to turn off the heat from him, his friends abandoned him in the heat, then he resorted back to attack often used by his friend.

he adjusted his claims here, first he said that watchtower said " not even one of the angel can redeem man" then i corrected him' so on this page, he adjusted it.

i tagged that falsification 1(#L)

BERNIMOORE: you lied below in your post

benalvino: ^^ if you read further they said not even one of the angels can pay the ransom hahahahahahaha your case is dead... your organisation is confused

From the picture above

[size=18pt]bernimoore:they never mentioned one of the angel,they were reffering to sinfull humans, you falsefully imput that,

see the bible verse they quoted,

Psalm 49:6-8
New International Version (NIV)
6 those who trust in their wealth
and boast of their great riches?
7 No one can redeem the life of another
or give to God a ransom for them—
8 the ransom for a life is costly,
no payment is ever enough—[/size]

im tagging this falsification 1(#L)
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by BERNIMOORE: 1:22am On Jul 11, 2013
this tread was a distraction, he only wants his friends to join him!
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by benalvino(m): 7:59am On Jul 11, 2013
BERNIMOORE: pls everyone, read this link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1318212/firstborn-does-it-mean-first/28

https://www.nairaland.com/1318212/firstborn-does-it-mean-first/27

benalvino is just a wounded person, on the tread treating trinity, check his lies https://www.nairaland.com/1318212/firstborn-does-it-mean-first/30#16736365

i pushed him hard to prove father, son and holy spirit as one beign that is God as he claimed, he couldnt, and was angry, but rather he was desperate to hang on anything to turn off the heat from him, his friends abandoned him in the heat, then he resorted back to attack often used by his friend.

he adjusted his claims here, first he said that watchtower said " not even one of the angel can redeem man" then i corrected him' so on this page, he adjusted it.

i tagged that falsification 1(#L)

Meh weak attempt... Father is God son is God holy spirit is God... They R all called God. Like the question I asked you friend he couldn't answer without contradiction.

Its you who is ashamed... Look at the people who teach you! They are full of contradiction...

You should thank me for showing you the contradictions you can't see
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by italo: 11:34am On Jul 11, 2013
Jehovah's Witnesses!

How many times have they lied about the second coming of Christ?!
Re: Jehovah's Witness Contradictions by benalvino(m): 11:37am On Jul 11, 2013
italo: Jehovah's Witnesses!

How many times have they lied about the second coming of Christ?!

[size=28pt]the excuse they told them to give is that they did not predict the exact hour or seconds they just predict the year or so... lol how does that change any thing?[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To The Rccg General Overseer's Wife Mrs Folu Adeboye (mummy G O) / Atheists, Let Us Discuss TWINCEST!! / The Mistakes Joagbaje Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.