Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Our Leaders Now Dances "N-A.K_ED" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Leaders Now Dances "N-A.K_ED" (1229 Views)

PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / Arrest Northern Leaders Now Or We Attack Hausas-militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Leaders Now Dances "N-A.K_ED" by MissFibre(f): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
Though I may not be a political analyst or someone who has his interest stemmed in politics, I sure know when things have gone way over the roof. You might have to pardon some of the words I will be using here because there is no better way to express myself than to allow my emotions flow like molten lava falling of a volcanic mountain.

Talking of volcanoes, we have seen many of them, whether in their literal or symbiotic form. Even at this moment, we are sitting down or probably standing, no longer on a keg of gun powder but on a dormant volcano that is about waking up. Even though we know the effect the volcano will have on our lives, we still chose to pretend that all is well when all seems to be falling apart. Professor Chinua Achebe saw this right before he was called to the great beyond but some people thought he was suffering from the trauma the war had had upon him. If surely an elder would be in a house and the nanny goat still gives birth to a child while in titters then what would the youngster do?

It is a very rhetorical question that the answer would mean nothing since the elder already closed his eyes to the suffering of the nanny goat. Volcanoes are never known to just puff out of the ground without tell-tale signs of its eruption. First is the ground movement, and then is the heat, and then the ashes starts falling. All these take days and sometimes weeks but if at the end of the day the volcano finally erupts without going back to sleep, we will still count causalities because some people will refused to be relocated.

I know I have spent a little time dwelling on the issues of volcanoes without really thinking about earth quakes. Earth-quakes happens without any fore-warning, even the latest of seismographs can only measure the effect of the earth-quake and not predict when the earth-quake is about to hit the surface. We all know the figures involved when a 5.1 magnitude earth quake hits the surface.

First it was gun powder, and then it became a dormant volcano which is now a fully fledged earth-quake. When will our leaders understand the issues about leading? When will they realize that the world is no longer in the time of “black & white TV” where it takes days for a live event to be broadcasted? When will they ever realize that earth-quakes jumps on people like a friend jumping on another friend just to scare him?

Playing politics everyday with issues that could determine how a state is run is now the order of the day being witnessed every day. First it was the issue of the state of emergency currently going on in 3 states to curtail the activities of a faceless group. In the name of being able to make free speech, the opposition (not siding any party) went on air to condemn the state of emergency. They never proffered a solution instead they asked the government to stick to “carrot and stick” which clearly did not work out. They were playing politics with the lives of the people who voted them into power.

The song changed again though dust was not raised on that issue but it is clearly imprinted on the minds of those that were directly affected by the activities of the faceless group. They came on to say they are accepting a ceasefire from the government just at the time that the holy month came knocking and it was a “haram” (taboo) to shed blood during that period. Now, they are apologizing to the people for those killed like apologies would bring a dead man back to life. If tears and a broken heart would make people come back to their loved ones, what about those who were blown to bits? Those who were burnt that their ashes floated away with the wind? What about the 42 Mubi students killed, the recent 47 killed in Yobe state? How would their apology bring them back to life? Why would the government keep playing politics with everything, with even the administration giving itself a pass mark that the dreaded sect are halting its attacks which we all know will be for only a month.

The latest and most bizarre one is the show of shame that was aired yesterday. A typical show of shame that should not be forgiven given the figure of power that was there at that time. Not to mention names, I would really say that our leaders no longer respect the power which was given to them by the people. The same people they were supposed to lead, they turn round to rob. Then they come out in public to start accusing and counter-accusing themselves in the glare of the populace and world at large. When will our leaders stop this show of shame? When will they finally realize that power takes a man nowhere?

It is bad for a leader to turn deaf ears to the plight of the people but worse for that leader to come outside and start counting the amount he has stolen in front of the people. Then completing the show of shame by engaging in a fight, fight for the stolen wealth they had amassed from the masses.
Re: Our Leaders Now Dances "N-A.K_ED" by MissFibre(f): 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
Analyzing the video which I just watched just a few moments ago, I was baffled with the way the man putting on white (don't care what his name is) was busy chasing people who I believe oppose to his ideas with a "staff". Something all the lawmakers bow to before making a speech in the house. The helplessness of the victim and the way "policemen" stood watching the whole scenario playing before their eyes not minding the fact that they just gave journalists news who I believe were around.

The bitter gall in my throat climbed a little further when at the end of the 0:59 seconds video I watched on youtube saw a man dressed in a military regalia joining in the manhandling of the man that had already been struck countless times with the metallic staff. Instead of helping to save the man as I believe would have been the right move to make, he chose to watch the man being struck on the head the umpteenth time with chants of "Arrest Him" emanating from the crowd of onlookers.

I would not want to generalize what I consider "barbaric" on all Nigerians because I believe and had seen opposing groups of ordinary Nigerians sort themselves out of conflicting situations in an amicable manner. Why then would those who I believe must have passed psychological tests before assuming those post act in the most demeaning manner?

So many questions remains unanswered as to the cause of provocation but striking a man on the head which could lead to death is so far the most extreme way of venting your anger. What if the man had died, would the killer be above the law because he is a lawmaker?

Nigeria!!! So many questions arises each day that I keep wondering if this word called "unity" which is also on our Coat of Arms, really belonged there. From all indications, Nigeria and Nigerians are just waiting for that "thing" that would bring about the outpouring of the volcano. It doesn't just happen "Boom" like an earthquake, it is a slow process which matures but leaves signs for the wise ones to vacate before raining down death.

Miss Fibre Success
Re: Our Leaders Now Dances "N-A.K_ED" by FoxyRebirth(m): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
cry cry cry cry
Re: Our Leaders Now Dances "N-A.K_ED" by FoxyRebirth(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2013
Nice article... Kept reading it over and over
Re: Our Leaders Now Dances "N-A.K_ED" by ninja4life(m): 8:52am On Jul 11, 2013
Wow so op is suprised nice article anyway but i didn even raise a brow cos i'm not suprised and i know nigerians politicians are just animals fighting for their loot,imagine d show of shame i wonder how d children of those old fools will feel seeing their father displaying his animalistic behaviour.those people dat ought to make law are d one breaking it right even in d house where d law is being made,isnt dat a disrespect to d nigerian constitution,those lawmakers ought to be arrested and prosecuted for inflicting pain on other dats wen we will know dat there is rule of law in d country but dats not gonna happen.so i dont even waste my time thinking about this idiots since its we people who electd d animals.
Re: Our Leaders Now Dances "N-A.K_ED" by FoxyRebirth(m): 10:18am On Jul 11, 2013
Sometimes one can't help but wonder why the country seems to be going back in time than advancing. Those in the south should learn politics from the Northerners. They don't go about killing themselves, they only chant slogans and at the end of the day eat on the same table.

Involving southerners sometimes is really not good for the politics of this country. The southerners should do what they know best which is representing Nigeria in the forefront of business and education. Leave politics to the north.
Re: Our Leaders Now Dances "N-A.K_ED" by kingphilip(m): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: Nice article... Kept reading it over and over
wow not only nyc i'll add its a gr8 article but i dont see where u proffer some solutions to these o

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan And First Lady Visit China [PHOTOS] / Fashola For House Of Representative / Three Men To Die By Hanging For Stealing N50,000 In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.