Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,713 members, 7,837,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Tinapa Resort, Calabar Generates N99m In One Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinapa Resort, Calabar Generates N99m In One Month (1163 Views)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / Carnival Calabar Generates Over One Billion Naira / What Happened To Tinapa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinapa Resort, Calabar Generates N99m In One Month by Hopeshylock: 9:08am On Jul 11, 2013
Tinapa Resort, Calabar
The multi-billion Naira Tinapa Business and Leisure
Resort located in Calabar, the Cross River State
Capital has started yielding results if the proceeds
coming from its Lake-side hotel can be replicated in
other units of the resort.
In May 2013 alone, the hotel generated ninety nine
million Naira (N99m), to the coffers of the resort
CrossRiverWatch can authoritatively report.
Governor Imoke recently revealed this during the
just concluded, Ministries, Departments and
Agencies, MDAs retreat held at the Tinapa resort
while justifying the conversion of the resort
warehouse to a make-shift conference hall in
ongoing efforts to “make the hotel work”.
He said “Do you know that in May 2013 alone, Lake
side Hotel in Tinapa here generated Ninety-Nine
(N99m) Million Naira?”
“That is why we are building the International
Convention Center on the other side to complement
Tinapa”.
The Lake side hotel has in recent times become a
choice accommodation for both corporate
organizations and private individuals who come for
conferencing and leisure in Calabar due to its
serene environment.
The hotel which was formally managed by Amber
from Zimbabwe was taken over by Lake Side hotels
and hospitality management sometimes in 2010.
The takeover by this new management caused the
managers of Tinapa resort led by its Managing
Director, Architect Bassey Ndem to convert the
hotel warehouse to a make shift conference hall
which has now turned the hotel to a choice
destination for both corporate organizations and
government agencies.
Tinapa is a business and leisure resort developed in
four phases under a Private Public Partnership (PPP)
promoted by the Government of Cross River State.
The resort is located by the Calabar River,
contiguous with the Calabar Free Trade Zone
Like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/
calabarblog
Follow us on twitter @calabarblog

Welcome to Calabar Blog : Tinapa Resort, Calabar Generates N99m in One Month: http://calabarzone..com/2013/07/tinapa-resort-calabar-generates-n99m-in.html
Re: Tinapa Resort, Calabar Generates N99m In One Month by mgbeketoto: 9:17am On Jul 11, 2013
About time too! cool
But I ain't going there!
I prefer DUBAI!!! cool
Re: Tinapa Resort, Calabar Generates N99m In One Month by taharqa2: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2013
I honestly pray that this Tinapa Resort finali starts to produce results commensurate to the vision of its founders...... By d way, some really Good news coming from Cross River lately

1 Like

Re: Tinapa Resort, Calabar Generates N99m In One Month by Tolexander: 9:57am On Jul 11, 2013
That's great!

99million naira, not including the payment without record in a month. Wish this can improve.
Re: Tinapa Resort, Calabar Generates N99m In One Month by geeez: 10:29am On Jul 11, 2013
This is very low considering the amount invested in the resort which I've been to severally. Hotels in Lagos generate much more each month as revenue and I'm sure by the time they take out the operating expenses, they will be lucky to have a profit of N20m per month
Re: Tinapa Resort, Calabar Generates N99m In One Month by bloggernaija: 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
Tinapa as a concept is not bad.
Cross river is probably the most beautiful state in nigeria.
But you can trust nigerian leaders to get things upside down.
Development of things like tinapa should have been done in tandem with the growth of the local/national economy .
This is what I refer to as getting the idea of development upside down.
Cross rivers has the climate for large scale agriculture in crops like palm oil,rice,rubber etc.
If most of the money used in building tinapa had been used to develop agriculture in the state, cross river would be the richest state in nigeria by now
Then you can build tinapa because even without outsiders, the local economy would be strong enough to keep it going.
I pray that it breaks-even one one day.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Retires 10 Generals / Amaechi: I Am Number One On Jonathan’s Hit List / Abducted Chibok Girls Join Abuja Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.