Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness (30393 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / Ex-militants Among Newly Elected Lawmakers In Rivers Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by LANRYUS(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
duality:

Does it seem as if I'm taking sides? If you know "ALL" the issues not "SOME" state them and proffer solutions let me see.

What I stated was a solution for Amaechi. Believe me, this is the wisest solution. In fact, That is the ONLY solution. someone must do it this way. I think Amaechi should follow this route. I stated an example of my state. I'm not emotional when it comes to politics. However, human begins will always justify their actions, no matter what you say.

Believe me, Amaechi is the one to Stop this mess through dialogue.

We should Tell Amaechi the Truth for goodness sake! HE SHOULD CALL EVERY ONE TO A TABLE, TALK AND GET OUT OF PDP! HE CAN NOT BE IN PDP AND BE ROMANCING WITH THE OPPOSITION THE WAY HE IS DOING.

this is the truth unless you want to twist it.

"WE ARE NOT AS DIVIDED AS POLITICS MADE US TO BELIEVE" God will surely punish all the enemy of Nigeria progress, who are selfish and self centered, rather than giving dividend of democracy to all, they engaged in polity and policies of self satisfaction. Be it PDP, ACN, APC whoever that will not consider the masses is an enemy of Nigeria and by extension my enemy no matter how highly placed the person.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by ireneidiva(f): 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hmmmmm. If only most of u guys have been to rivers state and have seen the developments that the gov has done. U won't spit crap about him on this page. Smh

4 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by ewet: 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
duality:

Does it seem as if I'm taking sides? If you know "ALL" the issues not "SOME" state them and proffer solutions let me see.

What I stated was a solution for Amaechi. Believe me, this is the wisest solution. In fact, That is the ONLY solution. someone must do it this way. I think Amaechi should follow this route. I stated an example of my state. I'm not emotional when it comes to politics. However, human begins will always justify their actions, no matter what you say.

We should Tell Amaechi the Truth for goodness sake! HE SHOULD CALL EVERY ONE TO A TABLE, TALK AND GET OUT OF PDP! HE CAN NOT BE IN PDP AND BE ROMANCING WITH THE OPPOSITION THE WAY HE IS DOING.

Only if it were tht easy! call which people to which table. Is it a Nyesom wike who has allowed is ambition and the support he enjoys from GEJ get into his head and made him fail to realise tht thr is still a gov in rivers state and he must be respected

Or it it the same PDP party tht has suspended him tht he should call to a table

Or is it the first lady who has not hidden her disdain for amaechi tht he shuld call to the table.

Or GEJ himsef.

Bros it is GEJ tht you shuld be appealing to tht he should play the role of a leader and use his position as commander in chief to call all warring parties to order. All GEJ's actions has bin pointing to the fact tht he is biased towards a particular camp.

3 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by MRAE: 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Tropilo(m): 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
@duality: u dey shame to mention Ibori as ur governor?

because im be tiff. Baa?
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by cyril10(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
Amaechi used his first tenure to work for his state but using his second tenure to fight the enemies he created for himself. Amaechi is never a friend of Jonathan from the onset. Nothing much is happening in his second tenure ask correct unbiased Rivers people.

1 Like

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by MRAE: 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by 3kay945(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
duality: [b]
@ OP, I'm not from rivers state and not one of those who will take sides and keep going back and forth. However, I may agree with your post but I also saw a police office beating the Hon member in black suit "Hon. Ihunwo " That incident raises a lot of questions. Any one who is biased will not respond to that appropriately.

Now This is Rivers State we are talking about and Amaechi is the Governor. Honestly every body saw this coming. Do you think Amaechi has handled this things well or he has let things degenerate to this level so as to prove a point, gain sympathy or support from disgruntled politicians? I personally think that Amaechi would have managed things better but he deliberately wants to do it this way to see what will happen. "I mean amaechi himself can solve this problem but He just don't want to do it" Sentiments aside, Amaechi can call every body together today to a round table and this will be resolved. Honestly Amechi is not being wise irrespective of the support and sympathy he gets. There was a time in my state that the governor was hated and removed by the court(he had to go for a rerun) . People who hated him were all over; speaking as they like and heating up the polity. In fact, a popular elder in the state was openly against the governor and some folks were supporting the Elder. what did the governor do? he humbled himself never tried to show power with anyone. He met with the president with elders from all the senatorial district at Abuja and the issues were resolved. That is a wise leader.

Honestly, I will put the blame on Amaechi, because even at this point he can calm things down and resolve things But he will not do so because he has a point to prove. that makes him foolish. Amaechi is destroying his state; that will exist after him. This whole thing is political. He should stop his juvenile approach to issues and show his dexterity and sagacity as a leader. The resolution of all this issues depends on his show of humility and wisdom. WINSTON CHURCHILL said; It is better to jaw jaw than to war war.[/b]

I thought you said you won't take side ???

duality:
@
Now This is Rivers State we are talking about and Amaechi is the Governor. Honestly every body saw this coming. Do you think Amaechi has handled this things well or he has let things degenerate to this level so as to prove a point, gain sympathy or support from disgruntled politicians? I personally think that Amaechi would have managed things better but he deliberately wants to do it this way to see what will happen. "I mean amaechi himself can solve this problem but He just don't want to do it" Sentiments aside, Amaechi can call every body together today to a round table and this will be resolved. Honestly Amechi is not being wise irrespective of the support and sympathy he gets. There was a time in my state that the governor was hated and removed by the court(he had to go for a rerun) . People who hated him were all over; speaking as they like and heating up the polity. In fact, a popular elder in the state was openly against the governor and some folks were supporting the Elder. what did the governor do? he humbled himself never tried to show power with anyone. He met with the president with elders from all the senatorial district at Abuja and the issues were resolved. That is a wise leader.

Honestly, I will put the blame on Amaechi, because even at this point he can calm things down and resolve things But he will not do so because he has a point to prove. that makes him foolish. Amaechi is destroying his state; that will exist after him.
HOW
If i may humbly ask, what should he have done for things not to have gotten to this.
pls, enlighten me.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by solomon111(m): 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
ireneidiva: Hmmmmm. If only most of u guys have been to rivers state and have seen the developments that the gov has done. U won't spit crap about him on this page. Smh
Let's even assume that what you said is true;
does that gives him the right to be a tyrant in the state?
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by pawa4ul: 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
@Poster, I think it was Hon. Chinda that was hit and not Ihunwo.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by omenka(m): 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
@ OP, I'm not from rivers state and not one of those who will take sides and keep going back and forth. However, I may agree with your post but I also saw a police office beating the Hon member in black suit "Hon. Ihunwo " That incident raises a lot of questions. Any one who is biased will not respond to that appropriately.

Honestly, I will put the blame on Amaechi, because even at this point he can calm things down and resolve things But he will not do so because he has a point to prove. that makes him foolish. Amaechi is destroying his state; that will exist after him. This whole thing is political. He should stop his juvenile approach to issues and show his dexterity and sagacity as a leader. The resolution of all this issues depends on his show of humility and wisdom. WINSTON CHURCHILL said; It is better to jaw jaw than to war war.[/b]

And how exactly do you propose he does that By going to Abuja to grovel @ the feet of the president and his wife just like the Rivers state pdp exco did last week??

The governor is an amployee of the people of Rivers state and not the president or his wife!! The president ought to apologise to the pple of Rivers state for distracting and derailing the work of their employee.

What Churchill said is only applicable where you have people whose minds work in such a fashion as to allow logic and reason to prevail over anything else. In the Nigerian politicoshare, the word logic has long been exponged from the vocabulary!

If anyone has been acting childishly in this situation, that person is the president!

4 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by oscartoch(m): 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
joker5180: for u that may b the 'only way' out but for ppl like me it is not. in naija politics there instances whr dialogue doesnt work nd i think that apply to Amaechi's situatn. agreed he is d one to look for a way out for himself. the president who is the 'leader' of the party in my view shouldnt hv allowed things to get to this stage. so if Amaechi has problem i believe the leader of the party also has to take some responsibility
[s]
joker5180: for u that may b the 'only way' out but for ppl like me it is not. in naija politics there instances whr dialogue doesnt work nd i think that apply to Amaechi's situatn. agreed he is d one to look for a way out for himself. the president who is the 'leader' of the party in my view shouldnt hv allowed things to get to this stage. so if Amaechi has problem i believe the leader of the party also has to take some responsibility
[/s]
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by kiss2Tell: 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
Eskiss me sah. I haf one kwestion....
AT WHAT POINT THE HONORABLE LLOYD SUSTAIN THE INJURY(OR INJURIES) THAT LANDED HIM IN THE HOSPITAL?
was it before we saw him on the video beating one of his colleagues with the new mace? he apparently doesn't look like someone that needs medical attention in that video.

PS. I am not supporting either of the two camps o. just my observation.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by farem: 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
gedtalks: when a leader starts walking in stupidity, his followers will join him na
[color=#990000]
Who be this "stupid leader" na?
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by farem: 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
gedtalks: when a leader starts walking in stupidity, his followers will join him na
[color=#990000]
Who be this "stupid leader" na? There should be no ambiguity in reference.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Akainzo(m): 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
cyril10: Amaechi used his first tenure to work for his state but using his second tenure to fight the enemies he created for himself. Amaechi is never a friend of Jonathan from the onset. Nothing much is happening in his second tenure ask correct unbiased Rivers people.

Hmmm, has the PDP and the Oga @ the top allow him to work? When people are fighting to get him to share the state resources and causing political brouhaha all over the place, how is he gonna work?

1 Like

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by BabaTony: 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Demdem:

Exactly what an insider also told me. Let no one be deceived. The main offence of Amaechi is his refusal to share money the way his colleagues in bayelsa and akwa ibom are currently doing.

Can you make any sentence without having akwa ibom in it? Fooooooool
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Farkson(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
well your version of the story is strongly doubtful as an eye witness, it may interest you to know that the battered honorable member did work to the and gave him astounded slap... And in that situation what do expect of the A-D-C who is charge with the responsibility of defending the governor?

1 Like

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by muyen666: 4:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
so tell me how ameachi will call Jonathan,wike,patience,odili,opara for discussion...how will he start?..what will he tell them ?...dude i think u dont know how these fools play politics..
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by muyen666: 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
duality:

so tell me how ameachi will call Jonathan,wike,patience,odili,opara for discussion...how will he start?..what will he tell them ?...dude i think u dont know how these fools play politics..
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by kenny1911: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
Liveair: For your info, eye witnesses saw when the first drama started at 8.15am as the house was about to start sitting when Hon. Bipi came into the Chamber and attacked Hon. Lloyd unprovoked, using the camera Tripod stand to whip him severely. This was caught on the CCTV cameras.
Speaker, Hon. Amachree tried to intervene but saw as thugs supporting Hon. Bipi arrive at the gallery to aid the attacking Hon. Bipi. Hon. Lloyd 'had to escape.
Gov. Amaechi was informed of the chaos at the Assembly and so he decided to go there himself to calm things (afterall he is still the Chief Security Officer of the state).
Gov. Amaechi arrived with his security details after calling the Commissioner of Police to inform him of the Chaos. The CP confirmed this on Radio that Amaechi called him. On siting Amaechi, Hon. Bipi asked his supporters to shoot him (Gov. Amaechi).
On hearing this, Amaechi walked to him and asked, "shoot me?". Amaechi then asked his security to arrest him but the Hon. Bipi's security resisted it.
Meanwhile, earlier, when the Hon. Bipi and his people had driven the other members away, they held a quick session (about 9.50am) using a new mace to impeach the speaker Hon. Amachree and chose Hon. Bipi as new speaker.
When Hon. Lloyd saw a team of security support, he returned to the house Chamber and grabbed the new mace, using it to hit Hon. Ihunwo severely, retaliate the beating he had earlier received from the other faction members. Now, this was the video seen by many.
Eventually, the house security was restored and a sitting was made by about 22 members, where Deputy Gov. Ikuru came and submited a budget adjustment. At this time, Hon Bipi, tried desperately to return to the chamber with his thugs but was denied by Security at the entrance, even the Deputy Gov. attempted but failed to calm him. This was the other video where the Deputy Gov. was embracing Hon. Bipi to calm him. Hons. Lloyd and Ihunwo were taken to hospital from were Lloyd gave the interview.
The genesis of the crisis is the rift between Wike and Amaechi, which was worsened by the position of the first Lady on the Okrika Waterfront demolition.
Even a blind man knows Amaechi has greatly developed the state and employed lots of Rivers youth, the problem is the extreemly greedy elders of some areas if the state who feel Rivers state money must be shared. They prefer to eat the future of their children today. That's why all the 5 anti Amaechi law makers are from same Senatorial district.
Some have mentioned the Gov. as being arrogant but I keep asking what is the arrogance? That he said the Watersides MUST be demolished for school buildings?
That he destroyed the fences of houses in GRA to restore the master plans?
People cant even substantiate his sins to us.
It is becoming increasingly difficult to remove Amaechi so all parties must let peace reign now.

[size=14pt]OP, wat would you say if there is a fracas in the national assembly and the president move in quickly with his security personnnel to the national assembly to resolve the issue. U would hv termed GEJ as a slowpoke, slowpoke or even retardeen as u always call him over this forum. Said u were an eyewitness, u would hv given us just the account rather that talking about Patient Jonathan, okrika waterside and the development amaechi has done in d state. Ur report is bias[/size]
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by yemmight(m): 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
moodswing: The impeached speaker should challenge the legality of his removal in the court of law and not resort to violence.

Meanwhile, Amechi's role in the chaos leaves room for more questions than answers.

In my opinion, I will suggest Amechi resign and save himself from further embarrassment and misdeeds.
If u don't know what to type please pocket your fingers. Amaechi should resign? Some of u don't think at all. Patience spent over two weeks in PH planning for this on behalf of her husband the action was carried out a day after Presiden t and his wife traveled. Jonathan think all of us be mugun. A member of a state house ordering police to shoot the Governor. You guys should start thinkin now instead of using sentiments.

1 Like

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by farem: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
duality:

We should Tell Amaechi the Truth for goodness sake [AND TELL GOODLUCK & imPATIENCE THE LIE FOR BADNESS SAKE!] ! HE SHOULD CALL EVERY ONE TO A TABLE, TALK AND GET OUT OF PDP! HE CAN NOT BE IN PDP AND BE ROMANCING WITH THE OPPOSITION THE WAY HE IS DOING.

this is the truth [BLIND TRUTH] unless you want to twist [YOUR ALREADY TWISTED OPINION]it.

[color=#990000][quote author=dualit
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by deletrue: 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2013

You are very correct. This issue is not too extreme that is out of control but Ameachi just want to completely mess jona. Otherwise what is wrong if Ameachi take steps in meeting jona and settle things. Jona is his senior. He is the president. Thirdly, there are very clear indications that he is eighty per cent per cent supporting APC, thereby strangulating jona.
To you the eye withness, can you show us the first clip of the first fight? There was noting like that. Ameachi's visit to the assembly ignited his supporters thereby causing the beating of Ihunwo. There was nothing like retalatory fighting. Ameachi is damn proud. Let us wait.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
Funny how someone just cooks up lies... Here is the video of the real thing if the eye witness could not capture it on camera in this year and age that we are then i am afraid i won't believe him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI3wU4jZRCQ

1 Like

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by deletrue: 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2013

You are very correct. This issue is not too extreme that is out of control but Ameachi just want to completely mess jona. Otherwise what is wrong if Ameachi take steps in meeting jona and settle things. Jona is his senior. He is the president. Thirdly, there are very clear indications that he is eighty per cent per cent supporting APC, thereby strangulating jona.
To you the eye withness, can you show us the first clip of the first fight? There was noting like that. Ameachi's visit to the assembly ignited his supporters thereby causing the beating of Ihunwo. There was nothing like retalatory fighting. Ameachi is damn proud. Let us wait.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Demdem(m): 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
BabaTony:

Can you make any sentence without having akwa ibom in it? Fooooooool
grin grin
Just spotted akpabios cocck sucker. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Expensiveman: 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
[quote author=duality]

Does it seem as if I'm taking sides? If you know "ALL" the issues not
"SOME" state them and proffer solutions let me see.

What I stated was a solution for Amaechi. Believe me, this is the wisest
solution. In fact, That is the ONLY solution. someone must do it this
way. I think Amaechi should follow this route. I stated an example of my
state. I'm not emotional when it comes to politics. However, human
begins will always justify their actions, no matter what you say.

We should Tell Amaechi the Truth for goodness sake! HE SHOULD CALL EVERY
ONE TO A TABLE, TALK AND GET OUT OF PDP! HE CAN NOT BE IN PDP AND BE
ROMANCING WITH THE OPPOSITION THE WAY HE IS DOING.

the problem in ur state was it the same in river state and from ur statement u are taking side so watch it pls
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by farem: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
[quote author=duality]You people should understand that the issues involved did not start this week as some of you have programmed your mind to agree with. Remember the issues of Oill wells? Amaechi should have handled these issues better; not these reactions we are seeing. The Governor should have averted all these issues before it gets to this point. He didn't because "i think" he wan't to prove a point. That's fine. But that is weak leadership.

The way out? I have stated it in my other post.

I ALWAYS LIKE YOUR "UNBIASED" PERSPECTIVE!
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by komek(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
Op and eye witness, hope when the both of you are called to say these things that the op wrote above, would the both of you come out?. You guys are just paid to say nonsense. So if that man with mase had killed the other guy, this would have been your witness?

The man who was captured in that video with a mase does not in anyway look like someone who had been hit with a camera stand.

Amechi knows exactly what is happening in Rivers and have decided to do the wrong thing. I will continue saying it, Amechi is a bit arrogant and he has to work on that. I have seen where he speaks and that does not make him a good leader. He has to soft peddle in some issues. The way Amechi is going, if he fails to do the right thing, he will kill himself politically.

Note: I am not a Rivers man mind you, i am just concerned in the happenings in Rivers.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Rhea(f): 4:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
[size=18pt]These legislators should represent Nigeria in boxing at the next olympics[/size][size=8pt][/size]
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by chronique(m): 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
@ op/eye witness: If it was caught on cctv,why haven't we seen the footage? Or it's not yet time? So you expect me to believe your story(that only you saw),and discredit the videos the whole world saw? You're very very intelligent from behind. If you can't buttress your point and support it with the original cctv footage of the said assault on llyod,I'd advice you keep shut and remain silent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pregnant Wife Of Police Sergeant Killed In Abuja (Photos) / Folasade Adeleke: My Father's Reaction To My 2nd Pregnancy Out Of Wedlock / Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.