Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness (30382 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / Ex-militants Among Newly Elected Lawmakers In Rivers Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Liveair: 10:44am On Jul 11, 2013
For your info, eye witnesses saw when the first drama started at 8.15am as the house was about to start sitting when Hon. Bipi came into the Chamber and attacked Hon. Lloyd unprovoked, using the camera Tripod stand to whip him severely. This was caught on the CCTV cameras.
Speaker, Hon. Amachree tried to intervene but saw as thugs supporting Hon. Bipi arrive at the gallery to aid the attacking Hon. Bipi. Hon. Lloyd 'had to escape.
Gov. Amaechi was informed of the chaos at the Assembly and so he decided to go there himself to calm things (afterall he is still the Chief Security Officer of the state).
Gov. Amaechi arrived with his security details after calling the Commissioner of Police to inform him of the Chaos. The CP confirmed this on Radio that Amaechi called him. On siting Amaechi, Hon. Bipi asked his supporters to shoot him (Gov. Amaechi).
On hearing this, Amaechi walked to him and asked, "shoot me?". Amaechi then asked his security to arrest him but the Hon. Bipi's security resisted it.
Meanwhile, earlier, when the Hon. Bipi and his people had driven the other members away, they held a quick session (about 9.50am) using a new mace to impeach the speaker Hon. Amachree and chose Hon. Bipi as new speaker.
When Hon. Lloyd saw a team of security support, he returned to the house Chamber and grabbed the new mace, using it to hit Hon. Ihunwo severely, retaliate the beating he had earlier received from the other faction members. Now, this was the video seen by many.
Eventually, the house security was restored and a sitting was made by about 22 members, where Deputy Gov. Ikuru came and submited a budget adjustment. At this time, Hon Bipi, tried desperately to return to the chamber with his thugs but was denied by Security at the entrance, even the Deputy Gov. attempted but failed to calm him. This was the other video where the Deputy Gov. was embracing Hon. Bipi to calm him. Hons. Lloyd and Ihunwo were taken to hospital from were Lloyd gave the interview.
The genesis of the crisis is the rift between Wike and Amaechi, which was worsened by the position of the first Lady on the Okrika Waterfront demolition.
Even a blind man knows Amaechi has greatly developed the state and employed lots of Rivers youth, the problem is the extreemly greedy elders of some areas if the state who feel Rivers state money must be shared. They prefer to eat the future of their children today. That's why all the 5 anti Amaechi law makers are from same Senatorial district.
Some have mentioned the Gov. as being arrogant but I keep asking what is the arrogance? That he said the Watersides MUST be demolished for school buildings?
That he destroyed the fences of houses in GRA to restore the master plans?
People cant even substantiate his sins to us.
It is becoming increasingly difficult to remove Amaechi so all parties must let peace reign now.

54 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Dreal1247: 11:03am On Jul 11, 2013
Lets wait and see.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by gedtalks(m): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2013
when a leader starts walking in stupidity, his followers will join him na

1 Like

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Leopantro: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2013
thank you. First detailed report on the issue I have read so far

7 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by homesteady(m): 11:20am On Jul 11, 2013
Hon Bipi - shoot him

Gov Amechi - Shoot me?? Arrest them!!

LWKMD!! I watched this film last week!! NONSENSE

2 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by kkkp: 11:29am On Jul 11, 2013
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by duality(m): 11:30am On Jul 11, 2013
[b]
@ OP, I'm not from rivers state and not one of those who will take sides and keep going back and forth. However, I may agree with your post but I also saw a police office beating the Hon member in black suit "Hon. Ihunwo " That incident raises a lot of questions. Any one who is biased will not respond to that appropriately.

Now This is Rivers State we are talking about and Amaechi is the Governor. Honestly every body saw this coming. Do you think Amaechi has handled this things well or he has let things degenerate to this level so as to prove a point, gain sympathy or support from disgruntled politicians? I personally think that Amaechi would have managed things better but he deliberately wants to do it this way to see what will happen. "I mean amaechi himself can solve this problem but He just don't want to do it" Sentiments aside, Amaechi can call every body together today to a round table and this will be resolved. Honestly Amechi is not being wise irrespective of the support and sympathy he gets. There was a time in my state that the governor was hated and removed by the court(he had to go for a rerun) . People who hated him were all over; speaking as they like and heating up the polity. In fact, a popular elder in the state was openly against the governor and some folks were supporting the Elder. what did the governor do? he humbled himself never tried to show power with anyone. He met with the president with elders from all the senatorial district at Abuja and the issues were resolved. That is a wise leader.

Honestly, I will put the blame on Amaechi, because even at this point he can calm things down and resolve things But he will not do so because he has a point to prove. that makes him foolish. Amaechi is destroying his state; that will exist after him. This whole thing is political. He should stop his juvenile approach to issues and show his dexterity and sagacity as a leader. The resolution of all this issues depends on his show of humility and wisdom. WINSTON CHURCHILL said; It is better to jaw jaw than to war war.[/b]

53 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
duality: [b]
@ OP, I'm not from rivers state and not one of those who will take sides and keep going back and forth. However, I may agree with your post but I also saw a police office beating the Hon member in black suit "Hon. Ihunwo " That incident raises a lot of questions. Any one who is biased will not respond to that appropriately.

Now This is Rivers State we are talking about and Amaechi is the Governor. Honestly every body saw this coming. Do you think Amaechi has handled this things well or he has let things degenerate to this level so as to prove a point, gain sympathy or support from disgruntled politicians? I personally think that Amaechi would have managed things better but he deliberately wants to do it this way to see what will happen. "I mean amaechi himself can solve this problem but He just don't want to do it" Sentiments aside, Amaechi can call every body together today to a round table and this will be resolved. Honestly Amechi is not being wise irrespective of the support and sympathy he gets. There was a time in my state that the governor was hated and removed by the court(he had to go for a rerun) . People who hated him were all over; speaking as they like and heating up the polity. In fact, a popular elder in the state was openly against the governor and some folks were supporting the Elder. what did the governor do? he humbled himself never tried to show power with anyone. He met with the president with elders from all the senatorial district at Abuja and the issues were resolved. That is a wise leader.

Honestly, I will put the blame on Amaechi, because even at this point he can calm things down and resolve things But he will not do so because he has a point to prove. that makes him foolish. Amaechi is destroying his state; that will exist after him. This whole thing is political. He should stop his juvenile approach to issues and show his dexterity and sagacity as a leader. The resolution of all this issues depends on his show of humility and wisdom. WINSTON CHURCHILL said; It is better to jaw jaw than to war war.[/b]
am surprise u said u wunt take side, what r d issues that ought to hv bn addressed? what about d drama during NGF election, is it the same arrogance nd failure to resolve issues?

31 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by duality(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
joker5180: am surprise u said u wunt take side, what r d issues that ought to hv bn addressed? what about d drama during NGF election, is it the same arrogance nd failure to resolve issues?

Does it seem as if I'm taking sides? If you know "ALL" the issues not "SOME" state them and proffer solutions let me see.

What I stated was a solution for Amaechi. Believe me, this is the wisest solution. In fact, That is the ONLY solution. someone must do it this way. I think Amaechi should follow this route. I stated an example of my state. I'm not emotional when it comes to politics. However, human begins will always justify their actions, no matter what you say.

Believe me, Amaechi is the one to Stop this mess through dialogue.

We should Tell Amaechi the Truth for goodness sake! HE SHOULD CALL EVERY ONE TO A TABLE, TALK AND GET OUT OF PDP! HE CAN NOT BE IN PDP AND BE ROMANCING WITH THE OPPOSITION THE WAY HE IS DOING.

this is the truth unless you want to twist it.

11 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
duality:

Does it seem as if I'm taking sides? If you know "ALL" the issues not "SOME" state them and proffer solutions let me see.

What I stated was a solution for Amaechi. Believe me, this is the wisest solution. In fact, That is the ONLY solution. someone must do it this way. I think Amaechi should follow this route. I stated an example of my state. I'm not emotional when it comes to politics. However, human begins will always justify their actions, no matter what you say.

Believe me, Amaechi is the one to Stop this mess through dialogue.

We should Tell Amaechi the Truth for goodness sake! HE SHOULD CALL EVERY ONE TO A TABLE, TALK AND GET OUT OF PDP! HE CAN NOT BE IN PDP AND BE ROMANCING WITH THE OPPOSITION THE WAY HE IS DOING.

this is the truth unless you want to twist it.

for u that may b the 'only way' out but for ppl like me it is not. in naija politics there instances whr dialogue doesnt work nd i think that apply to Amaechi's situatn. agreed he is d one to look for a way out for himself. the president who is the 'leader' of the party in my view shouldnt hv allowed things to get to this stage. so if Amaechi has problem i believe the leader of the party also has to take some responsibility

13 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by LEvuls(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
See Script
Shoot me indeed

just remind of Basket mouth joke wit Nollywood artist Segun Arinze..

replying....."Shoot me and i ll die..now am dead" grin grin

guy are not the last of the witnesses...more are coming grin

1 Like

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Lusola15: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
I witness or eyewitness.
Abeg I wan go chop I dey com
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by omnitrix: 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
@Live air same sentiments(thumbs up)

1 Like

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by dridowu: 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
hmmm 9ja
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Liveair: For your info, eye witnesses saw when the first drama started at 8.15am as the house was about to start sitting when Hon. Bipi came into the Chamber and attacked Hon. Lloyd unprovoked, using the camera Tripod stand to whip him severely. This was caught on the CCTV cameras.
Speaker, Hon. Amachree tried to intervene but saw as thugs supporting Hon. Bipi arrive at the gallery to aid the attacking Hon. Bipi. Hon. Lloyd 'had to escape.
Gov. Amaechi was informed of the chaos at the Assembly and so he decided to go there himself to calm things (afterall he is still the Chief Security Officer of the state).
Gov. Amaechi arrived with his security details after calling the Commissioner of Police to inform him of the Chaos. The CP confirmed this on Radio that Amaechi called him. On siting Amaechi, Hon. Bipi asked his supporters to shoot him (Gov. Amaechi).
On hearing this, Amaechi walked to him and asked, "shoot me?". Amaechi then asked his security to arrest him but the Hon. Bipi's security resisted it.
Meanwhile, earlier, when the Hon. Bipi and his people had driven the other members away, they held a quick session (about 9.50am) using a new mace to impeach the speaker Hon. Amachree and chose Hon. Bipi as new speaker.
When Hon. Lloyd saw a team of security support, he returned to the house Chamber and grabbed the new mace, using it to hit Hon. Ihunwo severely, retaliate the beating he had earlier received from the other faction members. Now, this was the video seen by many.
Eventually, the house security was restored and a sitting was made by about 22 members, where Deputy Gov. Ikuru came and submited a budget adjustment. At this time, Hon Bipi, tried desperately to return to the chamber with his thugs but was denied by Security at the entrance, even the Deputy Gov. attempted but failed to calm him. This was the other video where the Deputy Gov. was embracing Hon. Bipi to calm him. Hons. Lloyd and Ihunwo were taken to hospital from were Lloyd gave the interview.
The genesis of the crisis is the rift between Wike and Amaechi, which was worsened by the position of the first Lady on the Okrika Waterfront demolition.
Even a blind man knows Amaechi has greatly developed the state and employed lots of Rivers youth, the problem is the extreemly greedy elders of some areas if the state who feel Rivers state money must be shared. They prefer to eat the future of their children today. That's why all the 5 anti Amaechi law makers are from same Senatorial district.
Some have mentioned the Gov. as being arrogant but I keep asking what is the arrogance? That he said the Watersides MUST be demolished for school buildings?
That he destroyed the fences of houses in GRA to restore the master plans?
People cant even substantiate his sins to us.
It is becoming increasingly difficult to remove Amaechi so all parties must let peace reign now.

Your story is biased, therefore lacks credibility.
I'll leave you to your conscience.
God bless Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by moodswing(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
The impeached speaker should challenge the legality of his removal in the court of law and not resort to violence.

Meanwhile, Amechi's role in the chaos leaves room for more questions than answers.

In my opinion, I will suggest Amechi resign and save himself from further embarrassment and misdeeds.

7 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by AbuMikey(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
Lies Lies Lies!!!!!!!!!
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by KayEnn(m): 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2013

[color=#006600][/color] This one is just being clueless. I'm sure he's not tasted leadership at any level at al. Convincing people who are bent on seeing your destruction to a truce? How is that possible when they are being engineered from the upper echelon? Go and sleep if you dun have what to say; my friend.

19 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by plaindealer: 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2013

How? By selling his state and soul to the devil like a cheap jackass with no principles and sense of worth?

4 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
plaindealer:

How? By selling his state and soul to the devil like a cheap jackass with no principles and sense of worth?

You just defined yourself!
ADAMU..
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Afroconnect: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
That Bipi of a man is a fool,a common tout-proudly chanting cultists gibberish on National TV.Goodluck should distant himself from this old tout before he tarnish his image courtesy patience jonathan.

5 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by PStacks(m): 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
Seriously, I'm not Amechi's Spokes man,

But the other day Amechi gave 100k doolz to OJB. That is commendable to me.

GEJ (President) is fighting Amechi.
Nelson Wike (Minister) is fighting Amechi
Jonah Jang (Governor) is fighting Amechi.
Rivers House (Honourable) are fighting Amechi

President, Minister, Governor, Honourables!
Only one Amechi. Una wan kill am?

Bipi even had guts to tell his thugs to kill a democratically Elected sitting Governor

Yet nobody has been able to point out 1 single sin of Amechi.

Amechi Ride on, All your Enemies will fall.

Nigeria is a joke!
I rest my case.

43 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by picaro(f): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
dior8: @Op...are you amaechi's paid e-rat
Are you GEJs?

4 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
Why is this rubbish on the front page? A so-called eye-witness account by a clearly biased pro-Amaechi buttlicker. From supposedly recounting what happened, the Amaechi slave digressed to praise singing his paymaster. What nonsense.

I would be horrified if it comes to light that even Seun has been compromised with Amaechi's blood money. It would be a massive shame for the awkward nerd in Ota to participate in this feast of messy porridge with the rest of the opposition media.

If we can't get a GENUINE eye-witness account of a REAL and unbiased eye-witness, then only fools would take this jaundiced account seriously.

8 Likes

Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Benspoon(m): 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
Dis is a war dat haz bin crawling 4 sumtyms nw....hmmm lets watch n c wat nxt
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Boyoorisha: 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
gedtalks: when a leader starts walking in stupidity, his followers will join him na
Like you do!
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by frederal(m): 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
Rubbish, its obvious u are pro-amaechi. I won't support anybody that tries to put the office of the presidency to ridicule. He should dance to the tune of the beat. He's too arrogant; it he's a president he can't tolerate such from anybody.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by otipoju(m): 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
See the Jonathan that they said was a mouse, see him baring his fangs like a lion even willing to cut off his head to spite his nose...Yes looks are really deceptive.
Re: How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness by Benspoon(m): 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2013
Dis is a war dat haz bin crawling 4 sumtyms.....hmmm let continue watching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Onnoghen’s Trouble Started / Abike Dabiri With Zainab Aliyu As Ganduje Donates N3 Million To Her / Ekpeno Gold Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend On Val Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.