Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal (1153 Views)

It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / 2015: Afenifere, North Fight Dirty / 2015: Afenifere, North Fight Dirty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by White007(m): 11:53am On Jul 11, 2013
Written by  Olawale rasheed-Abuja
Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Yoruba socio-cultural association, Afenifere has disowned news reports of a political alliance between the Yoruba and the Hausa /Fulani to wrest presidency from President Goodluck Jonathan come 2015,questioning who entered into such deal on behalf of the Yoruba race.

Speaking with the Nigerian Tribune yesterday on behalf of the group, the Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Mr Yinka Odumakin, said the Yoruba race had never assembled in one place to declare that they were entering into any deal with the core North.

"I don't think it is correct to say there is a deal between the Yoruba and the Hausa Fulani. There are several political tendencies in Yorubaland and the Action Congress of Nigeria is one. If ACN is going into alliance with the North because of the newly formed APC, that cannot be interpreted to mean Yoruba are going into alliance with the core North,'' Odumakin said.

The Afenifere scribe explained further that whatever ACN was doing could not and should not be interpreted as what the Yoruba want, explaining that "in this part of the world, we are too enlightened to be packed and delivered like that.

"We don't have herd mentality. We have several political tendencies and ACN is just one. We have history of taking political decisions in several directions," he said.

It was earlier reported that the opposition adopted this approach because of the conviction that the Hausa/ Fulani and the Yoruba have the votes and the majority to deliver at the polls especially as both Kano and Lagos are expected to fall into the hands of the opposition in 2015. The deal also reportedly envisages a key portfolio to the South -East and the North Central even as it suggests that the Hausa/Fulani population in the North Central is growing by the day.

The deal reportedly has a mathematical undertone based on the electoral strength of the political zones in the country. According to the report, the opposition had reasoned that the South-West presently controlled by anti-PDP elements has 19.4 per cent of the national voting population which in real terms translate to about 14.4 million voters. The North-West has about 26.9 per cent of the votes, meaning about 19 million votes while the North-East has about 15.8 per cent of the votes which is about 11.6 million votes.

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/jul/10/603.html
Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
Who cares? They can have an accord with Pakistan if they so desire,the truth remains that GEJ would thrash any opponent come 2015. 24hours light in Ibadan for over 2months is just a tip of ice berg of what GEJ is doing in the country.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by Pygru: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
undecided
Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by uncleken: 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
Up Oga Jona. G.E.J till 2019

1 Like

Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by fkaz(m): 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
Bode George and Bamanga turku(PDP), tinubu and buhari(APC) are only discussing how to rule nigeria and that is all.
Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by stebell(m): 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
Eko Ile, Gbawe oya over to yu. I hv said it b4 now dat because SW is controlled by opposition govt does not translate to defeat for GEJ come 2015 if he decides to contest. APC/Tinubu cannot speak for de entire SW peeps.
Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by White007(m): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
undecided undecided undecided

2015 will be full of drama, twist, drama, sell-out and what have you.

May God keep us till then .
Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
I totally agree,cos tinubu and his cohorts cannot speak for d whole yorubaland, I will never support any political romancing with d north.i guess it is still oga jona for now
Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
Who are these people and who made them the spokesperson for Yoruba people? undecided

Yoruba's should align with the best region that they can get the best deal from. And APC looks like the best for now, since it's more of a partnership.

Anywho, the re.tarded incumbent and his hillbilly of a wife must be kicked out - the man is a disgrace to the black skin!!!
Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by KINGwax(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
chidindufrank: Who cares? They can have an accord with Pakistan if they so desire,the truth remains that GEJ would thrash any opponent come 2015. 24hours light in Ibadan for over 2months is just a tip of ice berg of what GEJ is doing in the country.
even the constant rain which brought abt a rise in water level, and which has resulted in this usual constant power at this season of the year is GEJ's doing grin no be so?

Na today light dey stable for raining season? Abi u dey new for naija?

Bros afenifere abi wetin u call urself, no be ur fada go carry my thumb enter ink stamp vote for my own candidate. And i no beg u to carry ur decision join my own. Ok?

So, go find coffin rest ur belle before u start talkin on behalf of every person for yoruba land!

Abi curse don meet u?

Mtcheeeewww!!!
Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
If you're Yoruba, it's better to get behind APC and support the movement. This might be your last chance to get the regional government needed to make the SW great again since most of the people at the forefront of fiscal federalism and regional government are part of this alliance.

Yoruba's don't really need to be active at the center, we just need a system where power is taken away from the center to thrive. Anyway, that's the only thing I know about APC.
Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by White007(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
The party that presents the best manifesto get's my vote, end of.
Re: 2015: Afenifere Disowns Yoruba-hausa/ Fulani Deal by Aringarosa(m): 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
@ topic cool

Tinubu thinks he can coerce the Yoruba's into his shady alliance with the Hausa/Fulani oligarchs. Smh.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Running The Most Corrupt Administration In History ––dino Melaye / Ibadan & Pace Of Development / Why Ex-niger Delta Militants Attacked Nigerian Embassy In Russia- Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.