Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims (11188 Views)

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Ayoobscom(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Zoxel Qur'an
Is a Qur'an app with both Arabic text and english translation..so portable InshaAllah

I have it on my android and samsung tablet..

Please...brothers stop giving attention to all of those jealous posts aiming at detailing Muslim discussions...InshaAllah they do so to echo their unconfessed jealousy...just ignore them InshaAllah

2 Likes

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Lagusta(m): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
zangality: who gives a hoot about your silly opinion...

Nah, u shouldn't hav replied him.....
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Madawaki01(m): 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
Wanna download Quran on my bb,sebi it wii be on bbworld?
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by busar(m): 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
Madawaki01: Wanna download Quran on my bb,sebi it wii be on bbworld?
don't really know about BB o
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Lagusta(m): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Madawaki01: Wanna download Quran on my bb,sebi it wii be on bbworld?

Yes, it's on BB app world!!!

please download!!!
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by U09ce: 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hisn al-Muslim (downloadable from Playstore) though I am having troubles with my N3 regarding Arabic support. I will appreciate if you help me out. Jazakumullahu khayran
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by port1976(m): 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
For the iPhone users, following apps are available: Muslim Pro, Ramadan, Salah guide (good for children- Cartoon like), Zakat calculator. They are all vwry resourceful.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by movado19: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
Salam Alaikum.

May I suggest Qur'an Majeed for listening to and learning how to memorize the Qur'an? It has over fifteen reciters you can choose from and you can regulate the speed of the recitation, the number of times a surah or ayah is repeated. Great stuff!

It is for Ipad, Iphone and Ipod.

1 Like

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by movado19: 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
Salam Alaikum,

To download Qur'an on your BB, go to quranicaudio.com and select a reciter you want, then download the file which has their complete recitation onto your desktop, then transfer it to your BB. Happy listening!
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by movado19: 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
Salam Alaikum,

This site has some other cool apps, depending on what you like/want. It is:

http://pakdata.com/products
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by maclatunji: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Highbe: @usbcable and macolatunji pls let us know d site or how to get all these stufs on our phones including Nokia. Jazakumllah ahra jaza.

For Android http://play.google.com

For Blackberry http://appworld.blackberry.com/

For iPhone https://itunes.apple.com/en/genre/ios/id36?mt=8

For phones in general, go to http://getjar.com . For any app market, search for Islamic apps, you should see so many options, pick those you like that are compatible with your phone.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by maclatunji: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Last warning to derailers.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by adexmuhyi(m): 9:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
plz wich one can i download on my nokia??
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by ravensckar(m): 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
Lagusta: as-salaam alaykum, I also have saheeh al Bukhara and saheeh Muslim, hisnul Muslim and other PDF books like riyadus-saliheen, tafseer ibn katheer and bulugh al-maram!!!

may Allah assist all of us!!!
Salami, plz can u help me out wit doz tafseers of urz? I av all others on my system.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by 4djustnation: 10:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
Salaam, you can also download qiblah finder for whatever location you may find yourself. It is very usefule for the travellers.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by maclatunji: 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
adexmuhyi: plz wich one can i download on my nokia??

Most of the mainstream applications would be compatible with a Nokia. The question is: which Nokia are you using?

http://getjar.com should have something for most phones, just search- even if it is a Java, Symbian, Asha or Android phone you use.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by olahero(m): 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
[/b]Jazakallahu khair! good trend, ANDROID users can also download eQur'an, iPray with working Qibla finder, Sahir AlBukhari with good functionality, FiqUssunnah, Hajj and Umrah Guide and lots from Google Play, May ALLAH accept our ibadhat and make Janah our last destination, amin
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by usbcable(m): 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
Highbe: @usbcable and macolatunji pls let us know d site or how to get all these stufs on our phones including Nokia. Jazakumllah ahra jaza.

Just as maclatunji said go to the app store for the various major phone OS.
There are hundreds of thousands of apps to download. Quite a lot are free and some have Pro-versions that you may need to pay for.

All the ones I listed above are free. However in some cases you may need to "extra" MB's to download the contents.

I recommend that we all at least download a quran app. Most of them have audio versions as well for various reciters.

And you will be able to read it anytime anywhere(save the lavatories grin).
I personnaly (tilawa) read it when i travel via BRT 1 hour to the office (mainland to island) and another 1.5 hours on the return journey in the staff bus.
There are apps to do all sorts of stuff for download and the best part is there are very nice ones that are free.

Happy Ramadan

1 Like

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by readonenaire(m): 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
movado19: Salam Alaikum,

To download Qur'an on your BB, go to quranicaudio.com and select a reciter you want, then download the file which has their complete recitation onto your desktop, then transfer it to your BB. Happy listening!
I just checked it out now, I really need a site where I can download the whole quran with ONE click, instead of downloading it surah by surah .... Same with android too ... Jazakhallahu khaeran in anticipation to my quest first oh cheesy
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by movado19: 1:00am On Jul 13, 2013
@ readonenaire:

Please, use this link below:

http://quranicaudio.com/quran/5

Select the Download All button on the top right hand corner to get the folder with all the 114 surahs at once.

You can select other reciters too.

1 Like

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Habeebpain(m): 2:16am On Jul 13, 2013
IQuran pro, learning arabic, hisnul muslim. IQuran pro is the best Quran app I've seen. You can check phaze.co for it. There's a review on it sef. I think this is the link http://mujeebunleashed..com/2013/07/recite.html?spref=fb&m=1
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by deols(f): 3:18am On Jul 13, 2013
Hisnul Muslim is good for your daily supplications.

You can google it and it is on 1mobile downloads. The one appearing on the attachment is the best I'v seen.

You can see how it can really help make your fast better with the highlight.

1 Like

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by mattfeuter(m): 4:06am On Jul 13, 2013
HADITH OF THE DAY app not sure about bb but i use it on my iPhone. Very useful and informative.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by surveycash(m): 5:23am On Jul 13, 2013

Nice thread here. There are other loads of useful Islamic apps. If you have an Islam tab, you don't need to bother about installing all these as they come preloaded into with with beautiful Islamic wallpapers.
May Allah accept our fast as an act of Ibadah. Amin.

All esquires about Islam tab should go to hassanismail1st @ gmail.com or 08050568713.

Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by rydow(m): 6:12am On Jul 13, 2013
Asallam Alaekum, pls how can I download all dis applications on my Blackberry?
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Leo2flex(m): 6:24am On Jul 13, 2013
As-salaam alaykum, brothers and sisters. Nice thread, ma shaa Allah. I need your help. I saw a 'Quran reader' on my boss' samsung smart phone, dont really know the type. I asked him and he said it 'came with the phone'. It is just sooo beautiful. Has audio recitation feature with a beautiful voice n tajweed, very good for a learner like me. I have unsuccessfuly tried to find such an app. I use Nokia E5. Can anyone help with sites where i can get it?

Wa alaykum sallam go to www. searchtruth.com you will see different types of applications concerning islam.Masha Allah
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by Leo2flex(m): 6:32am On Jul 13, 2013
olahero: [/b]Jazakallahu khair! good trend, ANDROID users can also download eQur'an, iPray with working Qibla finder, Sahir AlBukhari with good functionality, FiqUssunnah, Hajj and Umrah Guide and lots from Google Play, May ALLAH accept our ibadhat and make Janah our last destination, amin

Ameen
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by golpen(m): 7:26am On Jul 13, 2013
Pls can I get a link to free pocket quran application, the links I have with me are misbehaving.
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by usbcable(m): 7:37am On Jul 13, 2013
I have been searching all over the Google play store with no fruitful result for an app that has the "popular" al qunut audio on it.

Any recommendations?
Re: Useful Smartphone Apps for Muslims by usbcable(m): 7:39am On Jul 13, 2013
deols: Hisnul Muslim is good for your daily supplications.

You can google it and it is on 1mobile downloads. The one appearing on the attachment is the best I'v seen.

You can see how it can really help make your fast better with the highlight.
Jazakallah khairan for this.

I had initially downloaded one that didnt contain these Dua.

I also recommend another app:Islamic Ringtone by Watermoon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Points To Assist A Declining Marriage / Lagos Did Not Ban Hijab In Public Schools / The Essence Of Hajj Is Displayed In This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.