Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (550067 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Fikifak(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
BiggSmoke:
Does anyone of you have bought cars for Jiji?

On Jiji I bought my car.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chimoskyg(m): 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
Please someone helpe with the price of second hand Mercedes A190
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by galantjoe(m): 7:27am On Jun 22, 2016
Sylvaxxl1:

You can now check for the review @ www.autoreviewnaija.
Thank you. your review really help
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sylvaxxl1(m): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2016
galantjoe:

Thank you. your review really help

You're welcome anytime cheesy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lakunleafolabi: 11:50am On Jun 22, 2016
Mor all, I have a Honda Odyssey 2004 with funny sound and cracks at the legs especially when i move or I run into pot holes. My mechanic said he will removed four legs and it takes two days to fix. Its my first car and I really don't know much about cars. Gurus in the house,does any body know what this could be ? And how much it literally cost ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bespiel: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
Honda Prelude screeching noise from the rear. Any solution to this?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by WebMania: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2016
Dear ikenna/gazzuzz, pls help take a look at this.
https://www.nairaland.com/3188002/2010-accord-fuel-consumption
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AggroBug: 2:59pm On Jun 25, 2016
Fikifak:

On Jiji I bought my car.

+1 i bought too grin

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by deolumike(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
I drive a Mazda 626. I wish to change the transmission from manual to automatic.

Please how much will it cost and how soon can it be done?

I shall expect your kind reply. Deolumike@Gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
Good day guys in the house. Hope you all are having a great day. I just need your take on this b4 I venture into the market with my mech. I drive a Camry 03/04 model. Since I had it, I spend a little more on fuel. This had made me to use the a/c occationally. So my mech took out the part that has the 4 cylinder just opposite the radiator and found out that the catalyst wasn't in it. My question is: Can this be responsible 4 burning more fuel? Can the catalyst be bought separately or it comes together with the 4 protruding manifold cylinder?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 2:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
Kristolite:
Good day guys in the house. Hope you all are having a great day. I just need your take on this b4 I venture into the market with my mech. I drive a Camry 03/04 model. Since I had it, I spend a little more on fuel. This had made me to use the a/c occationally. So my mech took out the part that has the 4 cylinder just opposite the radiator and found out that the catalyst wasn't in it. My question is: Can this be responsible 4 burning more fuel? Can the catalyst be bought separately or it comes together with the 4 protruding manifold cylinder?
Plz take foto of what you are saying as its not clear
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
erico2k2:

Plz take foto of what you are saying as its not clear

Na catalytic converter AKA Indomie he remove o shocked angry
Kristolite:
Did he scan it and assertion that they were inneficient?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
What I'm talking about is covered by this thing I'm pointing at. I guess it covers the 4 cylinder of this car. Pls help. I was told it 4 cylinder has a catalyst, a net kind of thing which regulates fuel consumption.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
No I didn't scan it. But last month I discovered dat the gear oil was leaking just a little bit but only wen I'm in motion. My mech said it's a bad seal n it will require taking out some eggine parts which dey in my present only to discover dat the net like thing (catalytic) in the 4 cylinder manifold was not there. Just like I said yesterday, is the net like thing together or it can be bought separately. It's something like this. Waiting ur reply thanks.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
Kristolite:
No I didn't scan it. But last month I discovered dat the gear oil was leaking just a little bit but only wen I'm in motion. My mech said it's a bad seal n it will require taking out some eggine parts which dey in my present only to discover dat the net like thing (catalytic) in the 4 cylinder manifold was not there. Just like I said yesterday, is the net like thing together or it can be bought separately. It's something like this. Waiting ur reply thanks.
the net like thing inside the Cat converter is not visible from the outside the only way you can see the net like thing is if the casing was cut opne
where you referring to the first pic or the 2nd pic?

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
Kristolite:

You buy the manifold (the manifold usually have the catalytic converter inside them. Also ensure your O2 and AF sensors are in good working order.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by udy4real(m): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
Pls can anyone help me on how I can fix d charcoal cannister on a Chrysler Pacifica?pls asssist
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
udy4real:
Pls can anyone help me on how I can fix d charcoal cannister on a Chrysler Pacifica?pls asssist

Your location matters, where are you?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
udy4real:
Fix?don't you have to replace it if faulty?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
Thanks a bunch for helping me out. I'm really grateful. You guys are obviously good at this car stuff. In reply to what you said, yes I was referring to the second picx you posted. Yes the "catalytic converter" the one inside the manifold which I referred to as "net like". Thanks for giving me the name (laughing at myself "net like").I will go and get it replaced 2mrw. Thanks man.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by olaolayinkuz(f): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
Pls I need your help guys, My car(RAV 4 2000 model) brings out smoke when I start it early in the morning , this lasts for about 2-3 minutes before the smoke stops, the check engine has been coming on and off for sometime now , pls treat as urgent. Thank u
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kizitokings2018(m): 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
please ,does any one have idea on the price of new 18 seat hiace bus ??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oluyomioluyumz: 5:31am On Jul 06, 2016
Got a couple of rides at good rates you can feel free to holla pin:2C1F71CC or whatsapp 08062806605 for details
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by udy4real(m): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
erico2k2:

Fix?don't you have to replace it if faulty?

Dint know it couldn't be fixed but pls where do I get a replacement for it?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by olaolayinkuz(f): 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
olaolayinkuz:
Pls I need your help guys, My car(RAV 4 2000 model) brings out smoke when I start it early in the morning , this lasts for about 2-3 minutes before the smoke stops, the check engine has been coming on and off for sometime now , pls treat as urgent. Thank u
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by honmusa(m): 6:48am On Jul 07, 2016
olaolayinkuz:
U need to take it it to a competent and professional auto expert to run a diagnose for you for both the intermittent check engine light and the smoking .The essence for diagnoses is to accurately ascertain the reason why before starting the repair process .
I will refer to the best expert ,call autologic @ 08061166316.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by udy4real(m): 11:50am On Jul 07, 2016
kingreign:

Your location matters, where are you?

Ogba,Lagos
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by HumphreyBold(m): 6:15am On Jul 08, 2016
Please some should advise me , I need a very good shork Absorber , for my camry 08 . A solid 1 please
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:27am On Jul 08, 2016
HumphreyBold:
Please some should advise me , I need a very good shork Absorber , for my camry 08 . A solid 1 please

google KYB struts. Made in japan. Readily available.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dubaiprince: 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hello house, After servicing my car (Matrix 2003), I noticed that the car was vibrating seriously, I went back to my mechanic to check the plugs, he said the issue was not with the plugs (though he recommended they should be changed) but one of the ignition coils which was bad and recommended I replace it. This was done and the vibration stopped (he replaced the plugs with tokunbo plugs). but after this was done, I noticed that if I exert full pressure on the throttle, the engine switches off while in motion though all the light on the dash board, the stereo and ac will still be on. What could be the cause of this?

Thanks.

cc GAZZUZZ siena
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (226) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.