Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521986 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by redleich(m): 8:12am On Jan 24, 2017
kingreign:

What's wrong with your GTi? Is it dsg or manual?

Its a DSG
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 8:54am On Jan 24, 2017
redleich:

Its a DSG

What's the challenge with the car?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by redleich(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2017
kingreign:

What's the challenge with the car?

The car transmission makes a funny noise when shifting gears but at the sixth gear everything is ok. a technician seems to think its the transmission oil pump
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2017
redleich:

The car transmission makes a funny noise when shifting gears but at the sixth gear everything is ok. a technician seems to think its the transmission oil pump
Have you done any servicing on in the transmission?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by redleich(m): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
kingreign:

Have you done any servicing on in the transmission?

not at all. could you help with a phone number for a technician in Abuja?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2017
redleich:

not at all. could you help with a phone number for a technician in Abuja?
I'm a technician, im based in Abuja, I do not work on DSGs and I don't know anyone who does same.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by redleich(m): 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
kingreign:

I'm a technician, im based in Abuja, I do not work on DSGs and I don't know anyone who does same.

gosh! then why ask a tonne of questions when you couldn't be of help? Thanks anyways
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 5:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
redleich:

gosh! then why ask a tonne of questions when you couldn't be of help? Thanks anyways
Go to Gudu ask for VW DSG oil and DSG Filter. Its recommended to change them every 40,000mile interval. Forget the crap VW/Audi sells as lifetime fluid.
And oh one more thing, don't change them when Hot, pls ensure the car is cool before attempting the ATF drain refill procedure.
Reason I do not do DSG is simply because I don't have VAG high pressure atf refill pump.

Now feel free to scream Gosh I asked a tonne of questions tongue tongue. grin grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by redleich(m): 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
kingreign:

Go to Gudu ask for VW DSG oil and DSG Filter. Its recommended to change them every 40,000mile interval. Forget the crap VW/Audi sells as lifetime fluid.
And oh one more thing, don't change them when Hot, pls ensure the car is cool before attempting the ATF drain refill procedure.
Reason I do not do DSG is simply because I don't have VAG high pressure atf refill pump.

Now feel free to scream Gosh I asked a tonne of questions tongue tongue. grin grin

shocked shocked shocked Lol. Thanks a lot! please could you share your number with me?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dejavoonaija(m): 9:28am On Jan 25, 2017
If you need to renew your vehicle particulars (Vehicle license + Road worthiness + Insurance)

Patronize a corporate Organization (CarReg) for vehicle paper renewal

• Service available for All Lagos Registered vehicles and Nation wide delivery
• Payment on delivery
• Delivery within 24 hours
• Services at cost price(For now)
• Free delivery in Lagos (For Now)

Vehicle Paper Renewal
• Car - 9,500
• SUV - 10,500

Check it out on http://carreg.com.ng/
or call 09090144706

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2017
Pls when i on ac i notice my accelerator don't really pick. As in the car don't go fast as it use to be.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2017
dancok:
Pls when i on ac i notice my accelerator don't really pick. As in the car don't go fast as it use to be.
In a lay man language, you car has no power to support both your AC and its motor.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by simeontos(m): 6:48pm On Jan 30, 2017
Well maintained and neatly used Launch X431 GX3 Diagnostic Scanner with inbuilt ticket printer.
USA Products not China pls

Price 230,000

Negotiable

Call 08038327512.. Serious buyer only

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mosbus: 12:29pm On Jan 31, 2017
WHEN TO REPLACE YOUR CABIN AIR FILTER
The cabin air filter is a feature found on most 2000 model vehicles, cleans the air that comes into the interior through the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system. It catches dust, pollen and other airborne material that can make riding in a car unpleasant, particularly if you have allergies or other respiratory problems.
Manufacturer recommend every 12,000 or 15,000 miles, others longer — and how often can depend on how much you drive and area where there is lot of dust.
Some signs that you need a new cabin air filter are reduced air flow through your climate control system, such as when you crank up the fan too high and get more noise than results. Another is persistent bad odors. Even if you don't have these warnings, you should have the filter checked at least every 3 month, and you may be able to do that yourself.
Depending on how long the filter has been in service, you might be shocked at what you see: leaves, twigs, insects, soot and grime that literally cover the entire surface that comes in contact with incoming air and also your evaporator coil, before you know it the leaves and insect will stick on your evaporator coil after some while the coil will be weak then it will start leaking.
Here is a picture of what damage the LEXUS RX350 evaporator, just changed it today.
@mosbus cool we guaranty perfect work concerning your auto air conditioning.
for any issue concerning your auto air conditioning fill free to contact us 08026941215

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by blackbae: 9:22am On Feb 02, 2017
My second hand 406 consumes a lot of fuel. What do I do?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by vena92: 5:17am On Feb 03, 2017
[quote author=vena92 post=50641542][/quote]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by czarmide(m): 10:03am On Feb 03, 2017
Does anyone have idea about volvo xc 90.i need an advice from you guys as regards to maintenance and availability of spares , fuel efficiency ,second hand value etc
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by itzchingy: 11:13am On Feb 03, 2017
Nigeria First is a non-partisan movement involving all Nigerians in the necessary task of nation building.
We are an assembly of individuals, groups, and entities envisioned to congregate ideas and resources in a bid to address our core national concerns, and fashion a workable sustainable agenda for Nigeria, by Nigerians.
The current system (institutions, structures and platforms) has become inadequate and compromised. The enormous benefits accrued by those reaping from the flaws in our system will make it near impossible for them to frontally address these systemic imbalances.
Articulating the solution and enlightening Nigerians on the importance of their participation in frontally addressing these concerns is imperative. Nigerians should be enlightened on practical actions that must be taken to initiate systemic reforms.
We want to ensure that come 2019, a minimum of 60% of all elected persons, are those who subscribe to, and believe in our leadership recruitment principles, (Character, Capability, Connect, Patriotism, X-Factor -3CPX-), which define SERVICE AS THE ESSENCE OF SEEKING PUBLIC OFFICE.
Ultimately, this involves Situation Analysis, Solution Articulation, and the strategy to provide Nigerians with the five key considerations for leadership recruitment processes.
THE FIVE PRINCIPLES ARE:
▪ Character: Persons seeking public office must possess the right Values, Ethics and Morals.
▪ Capability: Persons seeking public office must possess the right skill set, relevant exposure, and be physically and mentally fit. He/she must have the capacity to look beyond today, and envision a better Nigeria, with a clear roadmap to achieving that goal.
▪ Connect: The best Leaders are those who can connect with the people. There is a huge void between our leaders and our people. We need leaders who can bridge that gap and address our local and national concerns.
▪ Patriotism: Understanding and acceptance of our people, compassion, tolerance, willingness to ensure a level playing field for all and sundry. They must possess the will to tackle the problems of tribalism, nepotism, ethnicity and religious intolerance.
▪ X-factor: Those unique features that give each individual a distinct edge.
Nigeria First is committed to preparing Nigerians with all that is needed to make informed decisions, so that together we can ensure sustainable and inclusive development.
The time has come for a unified voice, propelled by patriotic instincts to redefine the leadership recruitment process, and, ultimately, articulate a national agenda.
NIGERIA FIRST… If it is to be, it is up to US.
Site registration link: http://nigeriafirst.ng/join.php
Instagram: www.instagram.com/NigeriaFirst
Twitter: www.twitter.com/NigeriaFirst_ng
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Nigeria1st/
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mogatti: 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
blackbae:
My second hand 406 consumes a lot of fuel. What do I do?

Step 1: scan it and retrieve any trouble code, a lot of things can cause high fuel consumption so it's best u scan first and the fault can easily be detected
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Techvillz(m): 9:08am On Feb 06, 2017
Pls anyone in Nnewi or around... I need to check out this car by IVMhttp://www.techvillz.com/2016/10/checkout-this-new-suv-made-in-nigeria.html I wrote about it but I hve not actually gotten a first hand experience with it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ochucko: 12:16pm On Feb 06, 2017
you can contact us for your vehicle problems, in lekki area 09031533324 we will come to you anytime
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ochucko: 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2017
Ochucko:
you can contact us for your vehicle problems, in lekki area 09031533342 we will come to you anytime
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by USPlaceofAutos: 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2017
All DuraMAX lubricants are fully licensed and meets or exceed the most complex and rigorous international standards including the most recent
API-SN and ILSAC- GF 5 certification. Based on manufacturer’s recommendation, both the Full Synthetic and Synthetic blend of lubricants
are suitable for use in a combine estimate of 99 percent of today’s vehicular application.

DuraMAX Full Synthetic Oil are available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 0W-20. Check it out today!!!

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
433 Herbert Macaulay way,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 09035870964
E-mail: info@usplaceofautos.com
Twitter handle: @usplaceofautos
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Samcoflex75(m): 11:23am On Feb 09, 2017
Goodday nairalanders, please help you boy out, ever since i lost my parents, schooling has been difficult, now i have a deadline to pay my school fees before 12th, but i have no means of raising it, please help me in anyway you can, i dont want to drop out of school, thanks and God bless
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by OtumbaOla217: 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2017
Ikenna351:
Hi all,

I realised there is a need for us to have a thread where we can say it very loud. Hence, the creation of this room.

In this room, we can derail as much as we want, discuss off topics, etc.

But please, no derogatory words, sales, adverts, spams or posting. Other than these, fire on!

*Note that this room is not for posting our normal car issues and seeking solutions for them. We have the entire section, outside this room, for that.

Moderator.

I Bought a Toyota Sienna 2013 for my mother in-law around December last year, But last week are son sent her Honda Accord 2006 and she would want to sell any of both,
Kindly Add me up on 07082643131

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by destiny388(m): 11:30am On Feb 10, 2017
I need a sienna Le 2003 or 2004 for a hair purchase for transportation , you can contact me on this number 08030722517

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by richardbouy: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2017
Hi ikenna,
I love what you are doing here... I have a Pug 406 2004 model (Nija Assembly) , lately my car has been running rich on fuel and showed anti-pollution once in a while accompanied by a black smoke from my exhaust so i got it scanned and was asked to replace the MAF sensor. Now my MFD use to stay on 9.8L 7/100km but now it gets as high as 13.0 during my local runnings. I still think the fuel consumption is a bit high. ccould you please help me out? am ready to provide all the necessary info incase my explanation is not explicit.

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by trantulla: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
please i need advise on my intention on buying a Mazda 323F 2003 automatic[i][/i] ...how realiable is the car i know it is fuel efficient which is actually what i want but if there is any better option please recommend .
thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by computerglobal(m): 4:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
You can now order for Vehicle History Report Anywhere In The World Make An Order Now and Get Your Report within minutes

Visit

http://www.fiverr.com/vehiclereport/vehicle-history-reports-available

Make Your Order Today And Get Your Report

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.