Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,342 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521978 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by computerglobal(m): 4:35am On Apr 16, 2017
computerglobal:
Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with our vehicle history that's right for you.

SMS yOUR VEHICLE IDENTIFIACATION NUMBER (VIN) TO 08060365068
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Boyopumping: 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
can one get a food truck like those used for fast foods . something similar to DAT of nescafe in Nigeria and what price range
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Calvuberlordjum: 12:59am On Apr 17, 2017
It is always best to use taxis especially when indisposed oh, in that case call 08172065753 for Uber rides. You can also order taxis yourself in such situations that require them but I can subsidize any Uber ride you take.

There are only two private taxi companies I recognize Uber and Taxify the rest still have a lot to prove. I prefer Uber simply cos it offers discounts which you can use also.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by illusionsbyafo(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
Do u often get confused as to what choice of car you want to get?
Are you in need of cash or you want to sell of your car to upgrade?
Do you want to buy a car without going through the stress?
If you want to sell your car or buy either a Registered or Foreign used cars(Lagos cleared ONLY),lets help you out on that at just a token ..
Lets make it easier for you...
We can help you get your Registered and Tokunbo cars .
Contact us at Factor 6teen Autos on
08121579294 (we do whatsapp too)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uchmandeking1: 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
pls could anyone help.
I'm contemplating buying a sienna but something gets me confused. I see some Toyota sienna of the same model range being shorter or longer than the other. i.e, 2001-2003 xle
1, are they made by different company
2, is there any performance difference
3, if there is, which is better.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Hala(m): 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2017

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 12:15am On Apr 24, 2017
uchmandeking1:
pls could anyone help.
I'm contemplating buying a sienna but something gets me confused. I see some Toyota sienna of the same model range being shorter or longer than the other. i.e, 2001-2003 xle
1, are they made by different company
2, is there any performance difference
3, if there is, which is better.

They are all same size from 1997 to 2003 the only difference is 01 to 03 has an engine and minor body upgrade than the first type. This sienna has 4 levels of trim and I arrange them from kpangolo to best
- CE
- LE
- XLE
- SYMPHONY EDITION

There are some with gold badge as in the Toyota logo and Model name is in gold instead of the normal silver colour this one's are loaded than their trim counter part both interior wise and exterior

Example I have seen a gold CE edition with roof rail, side step rail, tail roof fin and alloy wheels an ordinary CE will not have any of this.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uchmandeking1: 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
nurey:

They are all same size from 1997 to 2003 the only difference is 01 to 03 has an engine and minor body upgrade than the first type. This sienna has 4 levels of trim and I arrange them from kpangolo to best
- CE
- LE
- XLE
- SYMPHONY EDITION

There are some with gold badge as in the Toyota logo and Model name is in gold instead of the normal silver colour this one's are loaded than their trim counter part both interior wise and exterior

Example I have seen a gold CE edition with roof rail, side step rail, tail roof fin and alloy wheels an ordinary CE will not have any of this.

Thanks. Your response appreciated. I agree with you on the gold badged sienna brand. I also noticed what you said about it.

Regarding the length, i don't quite agree because i spotted them parked somewhere and one was actually longer than the other by at least a foot.
Though i didn't measure them with a tape but my eyes couldn't be deceiving me.

Please confirm for me.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:20am On Apr 26, 2017
uchmandeking1:

Thanks. Your response appreciated. I agree with you on the gold badged sienna brand. I also noticed what you said about it.

Regarding the length, i don't quite agree because i spotted them parked somewhere and one was actually longer than the other by at least a foot.
Though i didn't measure them with a tape but my eyes couldn't be deceiving me.

Please confirm for me.

There is no difference in length but my guess is when this car becomes "accidented" and fixed it becomes shorter I can't really tell why. (my mother in laws own had a serious accident and was fixed I can swear it is way shorter than need be)

But I have pitched my 2000 to a 2002 model they are both same length mine even looks fatter because it's newer then but I am certain the reason is a clean one will look some how different in the eye from a old one.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ishowleck: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2017
good morning everyone, pls what's your say on this 3cars? which one suit our Nigeria harsh roads? And which of it can you buy as your first car? either comparing from their past achievements and their current trends.

pls I need info on it

thanks to you all..

1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 9:42am On Apr 28, 2017
ishowleck:
good morning everyone, pls what's your say on this 3cars? which one suit our Nigeria harsh roads? And which of it can you buy as your first car? either comparing from their past achievements and their current trends.

pls I need info on it

thanks to you all..

From my own point of view, the Honda comes top because it isn't a robbers magnet, the corolla is solid but buy only if you will install tracker and confirm ogbonge insurance. Peugeot should be for someone who already knows about cars, so you don't get cheated by mechanic and also get stranded on the road due to negligence.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ishowleck: 11:55am On Apr 29, 2017
nurey:

From my own point of view, the Honda comes top because it isn't a robbers magnet, the corolla is solid but buy only if you will install tracker and confirm ogbonge insurance. Peugeot should be for someone who already knows about cars, so you don't get cheated by mechanic and also get stranded on the road due to negligence.

thanks for that, and do you mean Peugeot is not easy to maintain?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
ishowleck:

thanks for that, and do you mean Peugeot is not easy to maintain?

Some cars have specific issues that cannot be solved by every Tom, dick and Harry reason why I don't advice you pick Peugeot as your first car except you are buying brand new tear rubber.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ekecrafts1(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2017
Hello Ikenna,...I just this forum,...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by shotuns: 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
@Karama22.....Would you mind sharing the auto mechanic contact who helped you scan your car in Abeokuta. I seriously need one. Thanks.

karama22:

good afternoon, how ur weekend? I was @ abeokuta yesterday were I scanned it, but de engine refused to telk me the code rather said he will reprogramme it which he did. aftr programming it, it work perfect but on my way back to Idiiroko I try putting the A.C on the engine was heavy. it wasn't moving. that's my problem now but the issue of acceleration is over. pls how can u be of help. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Pristinemind: 10:42pm On May 02, 2017
Please I need the services of a good auto technician to go along with me for a car inspection.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by michaelchinedu(m): 1:51am On May 03, 2017
I have a tokunbo Benz C220 "97" for sale @ 1.2 Million,
It is very clean. 
Direct from Germany.
call +2347036879479 Or you Can WhatsApp me too for more pictures and clean Business thanks

benz C220 1997 for sale

alloy wheels

Power windows

power door locks

Air Bags

ABS

5 speed Auto Transmission

open roof

auto

Factory fitted AC

*Direct from Germany*.

Price - 1.2 million
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mcfriend9(m): 6:08pm On May 04, 2017
Hi everyone,

If you are looking to sell or buy a car, there is a new website in Nigeria that allows you to sell your car in three simple steps:

1. Create a free account with your name and phone number,
2. Record a video of the car (Maximum of 250MB and 3 minutes).
3. Post your free ad.

All you after to do after this is wait for buyers.

If you want to buy a car also, [url]kwilist.com[/url] makes it so simple to find cars and inspect them before calling any seller.

NOTICE: Though [url]kwilist.com[/url] uses videos instead of traditional pictures (It also have an option for uses pictures if you insist on doing it the old fashioned way), watching a video doesn't consume your data. As a matter of fact, any video on [url]kwilist.com[/url] can be watched in less than 3.5MB. If a seller uploads a 100MB video, you will be watching it in less than 1.65MB.

Thanks!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ochardbaby(m): 12:31pm On May 06, 2017
My Porsche Cayenne dey engage auxiliary gear, my driver checked the manual on how to disengage
the thing keep engaging after the engine is on...

No be the Oni swear dey catch my car for Lagos so

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by spores99(m): 1:44pm On May 07, 2017
I am in need of Toyota previa 2003-2005 ...

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ochardbaby(m): 8:43am On May 08, 2017
Hello house,
I bought a 2003/2004 Porsche Cayenne and just
After few weeks, 4 gallons of oil is gone, fuel no be here
Now the gear always engage auxiliary automatically .

Is there any recommended workshop?

Thanks...
N.B
Location is Ikeja
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ayofemi22: 12:45pm On May 08, 2017
Do you need a car and want to get the options on getting it financed ..Log on to www.honcars.com or call Me on 08052425634 (Car financing start from 2002 till date ...Any model )
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 08, 2017
Please which of these cars should I buy for use in Naija:

Nissan Qashqai +2 or

Opel Antara Edition 2.4

thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:26pm On May 08, 2017
woodcook:
Please which of these cars should I buy for use in Naija:

Nissan Qashqai +2 or

Opel Antara Edition 2.4

thanks.

Buy what is common and easily accessible in the spare parts market. The Nissan is the choice here.

But if you want to feel uncharted waters like captain jack sparrow you can buy the Antara and feel fly always grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 08, 2017
nurey:

Buy what is common and easily accessible in the spare parts market. The Nissan is the choice here.

But if you want to feel uncharted waters like captain jack sparrow you can buy the Antara and feel fly always grin

Thanks for your advice I really appreciate.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pufframmy: 9:50pm On May 09, 2017
Please I just Get a Golf 3 but i have not really be on the main road i mean driving long distance yet with it but what i want to know is that the temperature is not moving at all from where it was ,
i was to know from the golf 3 guru is this how it use to be?? is it when am on long journey before the temperature start moving up kindly tell me thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by computerglobal(m): 6:41am On May 10, 2017
computerglobal:
Get Your Vehicle History Report Before You Buy That Vehicle
Vehicle History Report Reduces Risk of Buying
Sms Your Vin or chassis no To 08060365068
Contact us via email by checking our profile Signature for email address

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:50am On May 10, 2017
pufframmy:
Please I just Get a Golf 3 but i have not really be on the main road i mean driving long distance yet with it but what i want to know is that the temperature is not moving at all from where it was ,
i was to know from the golf 3 guru is this how it use to be?? is it when am on long journey before the temperature start moving up kindly tell me thanks

Depending on the weather, it takes time for the temperature to move when you aren't driving. It shouldn't pass 10mins for the car to reach optimum temperature when at stand still (what Nigerians term warming the car)

It shouldn't take less that 2mins to notice a rise in the temperature Gauge when you are driving the car so before 5mins the Guage should be at optimum when driving the car.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pufframmy: 1:59pm On May 10, 2017
i have drive it more than 5 minute but not more than 40 speedometer never been on long road but this weekend i should go far and maybe that when i will know thanks i will reply back to this thread on update
nurey:

Depending on the weather, it takes time for the temperature to move when you aren't driving. It shouldn't pass 10mins for the car to reach optimum temperature when at stand still (what Nigerians term warming the car)

It shouldn't take less that 2mins to notice a rise in the temperature Gauge when you are driving the car so before 5mins the Guage should be at optimum when driving the car.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.