Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521972 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aieromon(m): 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
obohgl: hello guys, just joined this forum and i need assistance. Am interested in one of the vehicles with vin list below kindly help check their report.
1HGCM5663A093396, 5TDZA22C66S423341, 4T1BE32KX5U028815

https://www.nairaland.com/391212/free-vin-check-cars-usa
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aieromon(m): 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
jdbears82: I need help with my 05 Honda Odyssey radio lock

https://www.nairaland.com/691810/check-vin-also-unlock-car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by intspacon: 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2014
Gentlemen,

I am very new to this platform. My mom drives a 2010 model Toyota Corolla and as of today, mileage is less than 10,000km. Meaning it is hardly ever used.

The abs light came on and I took it to a foremost toyota dealer, where it was diagnosed that the actuator is bad. I got a bill of over N400k to fix this, the actuator being quoted as N390k+. Really scary sums. What other checks can I do,or ways can I solve this problem, or can someone please give me a thread where I can check the cost of this stuff, and maybe import it.

It was bought in 2011, and just missed out on the warranty cover.

Wale
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
Please am thinkin of getting a mitsubishi carisma or a toyota picnic both nigerian used.....which wud u suggest I go for?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2014
intspacon: Gentlemen,

I am very new to this platform. My mom drives a 2010 model Toyota Corolla and as of today, mileage is less than 10,000km. Meaning it is hardly ever used.

The abs light came on and I took it to a foremost toyota dealer, where it was diagnosed that the actuator is bad. I got a bill of over N400k to fix this, the actuator being quoted as N390k+. Really scary sums. What other checks can I do,or ways can I solve this problem, or can someone please give me a thread where I can check the cost of this stuff, and maybe import it.

Wale

Actuator died at 10,000km? That's hard to belive, geta a second opinion, re-scan in a smaller shop and have them unclip the the sockets of the abs actuator to look for signs of corrosion on the copper contacts, let them check relays and fuses related to abs. When
Don I'm sure they will test actuator with their scanner and see if it pumps, if that fails then you can consider getting a new one but I doubt it would be so expensive. Ill check prices of new and tokumbor and get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2014
damilola5019: Please am thinkin of getting a mitsubishi carisma or a toyota picnic both nigerian used.....which wud u suggest I go for?

Toyota picnic.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 28, 2014
Good to be back here.. So I just found out NL is more of an addiction, na so person almost run mad. Sadly no substitute man had to resort to lindaikeji chai. Welcome everyone back. Cheers!!!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 2:23am On Jun 28, 2014
intspacon: Gentlemen,

Wale

Even the SBC on the Mercedes doesn't cost that much. Did he scan the ABS? Did you see the code and the result?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by FUNKYSHA: 12:49am On Jul 02, 2014
4T3BK3BB4CU073245 Please my fellow bros, can someone help me check the vin of this car. thanks a million.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 02, 2014
FUNKYSHA: 4T3BK3BB4CU073245 Please my fellow bros, can someone help me check the vin of this car. thanks a million.

https://www.nairaland.com/638733/free-vin-checks-reports/318#24397501 visit that link
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Atmmachine(m): 3:16am On Jul 04, 2014
please, how much does it cost to import a car from the US ??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Atmmachine(m): 3:18am On Jul 04, 2014
PLEASE...

How much does Nissan murano 2006 model & Toyota camry 2002 model cost in nigeria because i intend to import them form the US, so as to make some profit
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nikkyshyne(f): 8:31am On Jul 04, 2014
Atmmachine: please, how much does it cost to import a car from the US ??
There was a thread for this before nairaland's info was wiped off. Been looking for that thread.

I will also like to find out how much is it to import a Honda Accord 2007. Coming in 2 weeks via AES shipping company. Dont know if the new tarrif applies. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Atmmachine(m): 9:17am On Jul 04, 2014
nikkyshyne:
There was a thread for this before nairaland's info was wiped off. Been looking for that thread.

I will also like to find out how much is it to import a Honda Accord 2007. Coming in 2 weeks via AES shipping company. Dont know if the new tarrif applies. Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Atmmachine(m): 9:19am On Jul 04, 2014
nikkyshyne:

whats the new tarrif ??
i'm importing from new wark , new jersey
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by keegzhawkins: 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
Join Speed fuel on BBM channels for exotic supercars and motorcycles pin:C00415C8B
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 2dmax(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2014
Good day. Can I be directed to a Golf IV link thread? Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dbty(m): 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
I am planning to get a company used 4years old Subaru and I want to know what the maintenance is like,availability of spare part,availability of mechanics and any useful info . Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
Mroluwale u get mind o! Its a scam.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ikenna351: Hi all,

Anyone who knows Philip Ken a car dealer at Ikeja (Kenmogee autos) should avoid dealing with him. He is a scammer. He has just been recently arrested for scamming people indisguise of selling cars to them! I am personally one of the people he scammed. I will upload his pictures later to save others from falling into his trap. More Update coming soon about his matter in court!!I realised there is a need for us to have a thread where we can say it very loud. Hence, the creation of this room.

In this room, we can derail as much as we want, discuss off topics, etc.

But please, no derogatory words, sales, adverts, spams or posting. Other than these, fire on!

*Note that this room is not for posting our normal car issues and seeking solutions for them. We have the entire section, outside this room, for that.

Moderator.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ksakola: 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hi All,

please I need an Infiniti FX35 (Nigerian/Lagos used) below A million. Please can I get this as soon as possible?

regards,
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 08, 2014
ksakola: Hi All,

please I need an Infiniti FX35 (Nigerian/Lagos used) below A million. Please can I get this as soon as possible?

regards,
Get prepared to be scammed big time.
QED.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by vickrino(m): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2014
ksakola: Hi All,

regards,
Bros it's possible but be prepared for two things.
1. Be prepared that u r getting a scrab.
2. Be prepared that u r about to fall mugu for somebody.
Sefini. Ko soro.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by linkrayz(m): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
I like the maturity here, the cool way questions are answered without arguments or insults, please guys keep it up.

..... My dad has been on me for a car and he stays at Aba. Can anyone recommend an affordable car that wont get him much attention yet very durable economical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.