Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523511 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:54am On Mar 09, 2018
Emmanuelojo:
Hi, very sorry for digressing from the topic.... Please I need expert advice on my car,

I used Audi A4 2002 2.0. I recently walked in to a workshop where I complain about my speedometer not working and they traced it down to a faulty tone ring that is slack on the flywheel.....(I am not too good on this part names). The tone ring was removed and I drove down to another place without the tone ring for like an hour just to check someone. After few hours, I drove out and the problem started.... ... i just observed that the car was not moving well, I shifted the gear to manual mode and saw that the gear has been on gear 1 not able to move to other gear. I packed and tried other position like reverse and N position, they all work. I later called my mechanic who checked the gear oil and confirmed it was okay. Now, some said my gear is faulty that I need to change it, some said it is electrical problem. Can the tone ring absence cause the gear to be stick to gear 1? please I need experience advice before they spoil this car for me.... Thanks
You took your car to a mechanic that has got no clue of what they where doing,1st off ur speedometer is picked up by a sensor that can be on ur ABS, ur output under transfer case or un top axle. I don't see how this has anything to do with what your initial Mech did,
My advice, tell that Mechanic to undo what he did, take your car for a comprehensive scan and get it fixed.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abidav2000(m): 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2018
Hey Timi, you mean I shouldn't try going for the maxima?

timifakay:

No no no no.
And an extra no for any other question you my ask
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2018
abidav2000:
Hey Timi, you mean I shouldn't try going for the maxima?

No
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abidav2000(m): 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2018
timifakay:

No
Alright. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 8:09pm On Mar 11, 2018
aumoria:
Can someone please help on how to fix rear tyre tilt in Rav4 2002 model? The tyres tilt inward at the top and there is no provision to set alignment on rear tyres.

Was it involved in a rear quarter collision?
What's the state of the shocks?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abidav2000(m): 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
Hello my people, pls anyone ever heard about naijauto.com? Saw some unbelievable (too cheap) car price dr. Two of the numbers I called claimed they are custom officers and the cars are being auctioned. Anyone know about this development?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abidav2000(m): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2018
Hello gurus in the house? Pls how good is Kia cerato 2008?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aieromon(m): 10:25am On Mar 13, 2018
abidav2000:
Hello my people, pls anyone ever heard about naijauto.com? Saw some unbelievable (too cheap) car price dr. Two of the numbers I called claimed they are custom officers and the cars are being auctioned. Anyone know about this development?

Don't come back here to complain when you get scammed.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by AXYZ: 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2018
abidav2000:

Anything online Customs na scam. A word is never for the wise
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abidav2000(m): 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2018
aieromon:

Don't come back here to complain when you get scammed.
You just spoiled the early sense you made. If I wanted to get scammed, I would have jumped at it without bringing it on the floor here. Anyway, thanks for your prior advice.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by James834: 5:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
Good afternoon everyone, please I’m new here and I need an urgent advice concerning a Mercedes product I want to purchase, Mercedes komoreseor C230 2005 model, please how reliable the car is, parts availability, handling, fuel consumption, please car gurus and experienced users help brief me more on the car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2018
James834:
Good afternoon everyone, please I’m new here and I need an urgent advice concerning a Mercedes product I want to purchase, Mercedes komoreseor C230 2005 model, please how reliable the car is, parts availability, handling, fuel consumption, please car gurus and experienced users help brief me more on the car
merc are good,, fuel consumption of any car depends o n the capacity of teh Engine, now whats teh Engine ca[acity? is it a 2 ltr engine or 3?
All merc parts are o n sael, expenssive cos there are almost no fakes.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obmade: 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
Please House, my 2009 corolla used up 29 litres of fuel covering 196.7 Miles (Trip A odometer reading). Would you say its fuel efficiency is good or poor. I used AC for half the time during the 29 litres usage.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ChuxMyk(m): 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hello guys. Pls I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but even if it isn't, pls someone should kindly redirect me to the right place. I relocated to Lagos a few months ago cuz I got a job here. But Transportation has been an issue. I'm not really used to the struggling. So I've decided to get a car. So my question is, what's the cheapest car that I can get as a bachelor that's fuel efficient and can do the job. I'm not looking for smtin flashy. All I want is a healthy used car. Not Nigerian used Sha. I know ppl buy cars from cotonou so smtin like that. A friend suggested golf 3. So if I'm to get a golf, how much do I need. Other car suggestions are welcome.
P.S. I have like 500k to spare.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2018
obmade:
Please House, my 2009 corolla used up 29 litres of fuel covering 196.7 Miles (Trip A odometer reading). Would you say its fuel efficiency is good or poor. I used AC for half the time during the 29 litres usage.

196.7miles*1.6= 314.72km
314.72km/29=10.58km/l
That's a good average.

ChuxMyk:
Hello guys. Pls I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but even if it isn't, pls someone should kindly redirect me to the right place. I relocated to Lagos a few months ago cuz I got a job here. But Transportation has been an issue. I'm not really used to the struggling. So I've decided to get a car. So my question is, what's the cheapest car that I can get as a bachelor that's fuel efficient and can do the job. I'm not looking for smtin flashy. All I want is a healthy used car. Not Nigerian used Sha. I know ppl buy cars from cotonou so smtin like that. A friend suggested golf 3. So if I'm to get a golf, how much do I need. Other car suggestions are welcome.
P.S. I have like 500k to spare.

No try am. On the average the cheapest Tokunboh cleared at a seaport (the only legal way to import cars) is 1.2m naira.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dejisvic(m): 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2018
Please i need update price for sienna 1999 model gearbox threepin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ChuxMyk(m): 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
timifakay:

196.7miles*1.6= 314.72km
314.72km/29=10.58km/l
That's a good average.

No try am. On the average the cheapest Tokunboh cleared at a seaport (the only legal way to import cars) is 1.2m naira.
Ok. And what car would that be?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 4:41am On Mar 18, 2018
ChuxMyk:

Ok. And what car would that be?

I can not categorically tel you one. So the car will be determined by my oga at the top (dealer).
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abidav2000(m): 10:18am On Mar 18, 2018
Hello car gurus. Pls how good is Volkswagen Passat 2003 model? Urgent and honest answer pls.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Shugarlord213: 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
abidav2000:
Hello car gurus. Pls how good is Volkswagen Passat 2003 model? Urgent and honest answer pls.

20k grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Gookar: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
Am urgently in need of a 1999 Toyota Camry fabric seat with Ac
Or a Mercedes c200 or c180. With neat interior an Ac
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Shugarlord213: 12:47am On Mar 19, 2018
Someone should help me out here, I met this dude online and he showed me a car Toyota Camry 2000 and that the car is going for 300k. Just that the only problem is the AC. That it needs to be refilled.

Some questions I need answered by my professionals here

1)How much does a AC Camry cost
2)is there any possibility that I am going to be scammed. Because the dude sounded so genuine

The car is in Ogun State meanwhile I told him I was at Lagos. (Am abt Edo)He even insisted I come for inspection. I no wan waste money and time
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ChuxMyk(m): 7:56am On Mar 19, 2018
timifakay:

I can not categorically tel you one. So the car will be determined by my oga at the top (dealer).

Lmao. Just negodu this nigga
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 11:22am On Mar 19, 2018
Shugarlord213:
Someone should help me out here, I met this dude online and he showed me a car Toyota Camry 2000 and that the car is going for 300k. Just that the only problem is the AC. That it needs to be refilled.

Some questions I need answered by my professionals here

1)How much does a AC Camry cost
2)is there any possibility that I am going to be scammed. Because the dude sounded so genuine

The car is in Ogun State meanwhile I told him I was at Lagos. (Am abt Edo)He even insisted I come for inspection. I no wan waste money and time
if its too good to be true it aint!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
erico2k2:

if its too good to be true it aint!
It could be true in this case but not in other cases
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chukzy700: 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2018
Please how much will it cost for me to clear a tokunbo crv honda 2004 model from uk in Nigeria,Do i need to pay or the sender have to pay for everything.........?please help am new to it,and if i need to pay how is it .....?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SmartToyota(m): 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hello, you will have to have it cleared yourself by the service of an agent. 400k-500k max would be able to get it cleared.
chukzy700:
Please how much will it cost for me to clear a tokunbo crv honda 2004 model from uk in Nigeria,Do i need to pay or the sender have to pay for everything.........?please help am new to it,and if i need to pay how is it .....?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Jenonye(f): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello all, please how much will it be to clear a 2002 VW polo. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by computerglobal(m): 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
Obtain a Vehicle History Report. Our VHR report provides the following information about the car
Vehicle maintenance
Title History
Vehicle Specification
Accident Report
Flood Damage
Odometer Rollbacks
Recall Information
Car Title Check
Lemon Check and more>>>>>>

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report which contains extremely valuable information for consumers, dealers, insurers, auction houses, and lenders, about whether a specific pre-owned automobile has a Salvage or Rebuilt Title status, sustained Flood Damage, the last recorded odometer reading, the manufacturer's original equipment, OEM recall data, and more.

Our Vehicle History Report or VIN Check gives you peace of mind when buying a used car.

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.