Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523877 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seek4yemi: 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2018
Hello everyone I have a Nissan Xterra that was gotten recently as naija used, after driving the suv inter state, I realized the car engine oil dry up itself, the car also dey chop fuel o, what do u think the problem is.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DECORCOLOR(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2018
Call us for your stamped concrete floor

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by edelweiss(f): 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
Hello, 

Please i bought a car from a person (Nigerian used) lagos registration number and I haven't done the change of ownership since then , now i have relocated to port Harcourt and I want to move the car, I did the vehicle renewal,please will I be disturbed on the road? Is it a crime to buy a car and not do change of ownership ? I have the complete car papers and custom duty paid to the bank but in the person's name. Please kindly enlighten me . Thanks all
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:32pm On Jan 30, 2018
edelweiss:

Hello, 

Please i bought a car from a person (Nigerian used) lagos registration number and I haven't done the change of ownership since then , now i have relocated to port Harcourt and I want to move the car, I did the vehicle renewal,please will I be disturbed on the road? Is it a crime to buy a car and not do change of ownership ? I have the complete car papers and custom duty paid to the bank but in the person's name. Please kindly enlighten me . Thanks all

That would be penny wise pound foolish, the money you will pay Police along the way would deff be more than the money you need to do change of ownership.Plz do it ASAP
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by captainking(m): 6:50am On Feb 01, 2018
edelweiss:

Hello, 

If you buy Nigerian used car from someone.. What you need to do is.. Affidavit, police report and transfer/change of ownership if you intend to continue using the existing plate number and registration documents.. And it will cost you less than 5k to do all that..

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by BISSE32(m): 9:57am On Feb 02, 2018
Good morning colleagues

Please can someone put me through on how to clear a car bought from Cotonou at a seme border. To avoid fallen in to the hand of dubious agent.

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by wolero7(m): 4:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
How much will it cost to clear a Toyota corolla 2007 from Lagos port? Any viable suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ately1(m): 3:34am On Feb 03, 2018
wolero7:
How much will it cost to clear a Toyota corolla 2007 from Lagos port? Any viable suggestions will be appreciated.
Bring 480k. Clear and deliver to your door step.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ately1(m): 3:36am On Feb 03, 2018
BISSE32:
Good morning colleagues

Please can someone put me through on how to clear a car bought from Cotonou at a seme border. To avoid fallen in to the hand of dubious agent.

Thanks
Call me 08054606377.. I'm a tincan clearing agent.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by samisj4real(m): 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2018
Please can a car worth 250k, A camry car sha 1999 be a good car?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aristosoft(m): 10:57am On Feb 05, 2018
My Honda 2006 Sedan is kinda high. It uses electric throttle. I want to adjust the slow. It's too loud. I've asked mechanic and electrician. They dont seem to know what to do. Any suggestion will help. I'm in Abuja.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chucksbadt(m): 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
Gurus in the house

Greetings to you all

I'll like to know, the volkswagen golf 4 variants(1.6, 1.8 and 2.0), what do the numbers stand for? which is more fuel Economical?

Thanks

Cc GAZZUZZ
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by SmartToyota(m): 11:26pm On Feb 06, 2018
Firstly the golf 4 1.6 is more fuel economical But know that the 2.0 variant would produce more power than the former.
The numbers stand for displacement volume of your cylinders. The bigger the more it consumes fuel.
chucksbadt:
Gurus in the house

Greetings to you all

I'll like to know, the volkswagen golf 4 variants(1.6, 1.8 and 2.0), what do the numbers stand for? which is more fuel Economical?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DahtDopeBoi(m): 8:17am On Feb 07, 2018
erico2k2:

Its a day's Job, get a good rachet set, it makes it easy or electric drill to make it quick!
Thanks much Boss!�� Car interior looks better and cool now but one more thing bros, can you recommend a good car stereo product for my Chrysler voyager 2000. Preferably a Bluetooth enabled one.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:59am On Feb 07, 2018
DahtDopeBoi:
Thanks much Boss!�� Car interior looks better and cool now but one more thing bros, can you recommend a good car stereo product for my Chrysler voyager 2000. Preferably a Bluetooth enabled one.
Three are loads of android ones in the mkt.ask anyone of your relatives who live abroad to help you . Send them money
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lifeoflolade: 9:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hello guys...please what causes the break pedal to vibrate whenever I apply the break?...it happens when on a bad road.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lemmyt(m): 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
Hello Peeps, I salute you all. I went to inspect a Camry 2008 toks with my mechanic today. My mech certified d car to be sound after driving it for a few km. However, d car's mileage is 178000km. The mileage doesn't go down well with me as i think its too high for a Toks even though my mech says d mileage doesn't matter. Please i need ur advice before i make payment. Thanks for ur anticipated advice.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 12:05am On Feb 11, 2018
lemmyt:
Hello Peeps, I salute you all. I went to inspect a Camry 2008 toks with my mechanic today. My mech certified d car to be sound after driving it for a few km. However, d car's mileage is 178000km. The mileage doesn't go down well with me as i think its too high for a Toks even though my mech says d mileage doesn't matter. Please i need ur advice before i make payment. Thanks for ur anticipated advice.

178000/10 years= 17800
17800/12 months per year= 1483
1483/25 working days per month= 59km per day.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
aristosoft:
My Honda 2006 Sedan is kinda high. It uses electric throttle. I want to adjust the slow. It's too loud. I've asked mechanic and electrician. They dont seem to know what to do. Any suggestion will help. I'm in Abuja.

Contact mike
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:09am On Feb 14, 2018
timifakay:

178000/10 years= 17800
17800/12 months per year= 1483
1483/25 working days per month= 59km per day.

oooooooh this guy ur response dey always make my day!!!!!!! wetin u dey take everyday that keeps ur feet off the ground? only one type of herb has these properties
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 8:08am On Feb 14, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

oooooooh this guy ur response dey always make my day!!!!!!! wetin u dey take everyday that keeps ur feet off the ground? only one type of herb has these properties

Nigerian national meal
Rice and stew.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by wemolala: 11:00am On Feb 14, 2018
Hppy val day to every one,how is work and ur day going.any one in need of Oil & gas equipment or construction equipment any kind.feel free to drop ur request.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ogborokiri(m): 8:13am On Feb 15, 2018
please can anyone help me out with where I can get fairly used mini bus those 7 sitter type
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ately1(m): 8:27am On Feb 15, 2018
Ogborokiri:
please can anyone help me out with where I can get fairly used mini bus those 7 sitter type
Call 08054606377
Cotonou agent
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Anisb123: 12:22am On Feb 18, 2018
Hello,pls I need someone who can give me a car on hire purchase.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
Where to do all these three
captainking:

If you buy Nigerian used car from someone.. What you need to do is.. Affidavit, police report and transfer/change of ownership if you intend to continue using the existing plate number and registration documents.. And it will cost you less than 5k to do all that..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by captainking(m): 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
burticious:
Where to do all these three
you can do them in any court and police station nearby...I do mine at igando court and police station..I also do for my clients when they want to mortgage their car where I work..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by computerglobal(m): 5:30am On Feb 20, 2018
Car shopping can be overwhelming so make sure you do your research ahead to avoid being ripped off.Get a vehicle history check to know everything about the vehicle

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report

Comprehensive Report

100% Verified, Accurate Data

Fast, no-hassle turn around

Instant Report Delivery

The Fastest Service Delivery

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:51am On Feb 20, 2018
lemmyt:
Did you copy the VIN number?
did you do a VIN check??

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.