Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

The Future Of Cloth Diapering - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Future Of Cloth Diapering (8477 Views)

6 Ways Parents Complicate The Matrimonial Future Of Their Children. / I'm Scared Of The Future Of My Marriage.. / What Does The Future Hold?....should The Wedding Be Cancelled? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Of Cloth Diapering by new2clothdiaper: 12:50am On Jul 12, 2013
i recently discovered cloth diapers! i know, its no longer what it used to be. i am talking about proper diapers that look like the disposables we all know but made out of of cloth (get it?) think of it as something we can use over and over from birth till potty training cool.i am in awe of the numerous brands and yet i have not seen it in the nigerian market! does anyone think there is a future for it in our market? not only will parents not have to keep buying disposables, they can also save tons of money. me don port o! lol
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by sheniqua: 4:19am On Jul 12, 2013
In this day and age?
My baby sister born in the 80s used disposables sometimes let alone in 2013
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by EfemenaXY: 6:07am On Jul 12, 2013
Re-usable cloth nappies are without a doubt, the best in terms of being environmentally friendly.

Question is, with regards to time, how efficient are they for today's working mums? In the mad rush-rush world we live in, rather than spend precious time washing, rinsing, conditioning, drying, ironing and folding away these nappies after use, it's so much easier to just change and discard into the bin.

I still have fond memories of those nappies sha. Softer than towels...ah! Was guilty of nicking a couple of my younger sisters' nappies for my primary six Home Economics assignment... embarassed lipsrsealed

Not my fault o! Teacher say make we sew baby bibs or else....who wan get flogged anyway tongue
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 12, 2013
I'm also thinking of getting some. And I heard that one can use liners so the baby's poo will not soil the nappy.
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by new2clothdiaper: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
i must have confused you guys with all my talk of cloth diapers. i do not mean the 80s version that looks like kitchen towels o! have a look at this link!
http://waytomotherhood..com/2013/03/cloth-diapering-part-one-why-choose.html
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by EfemenaXY: 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
^^ Wow!!

And those are re-usable, machine-washable nappies?? They really do look quite snazzy (funky) and almost like their disposable counterparts.

Do you know if they can be popped into the tumble dryer too? Without getting damaged? If so, then they really do seem like good value for money.

I would have been tempted to try out a few of those myself, but I already bought myself two and a half year's worth of Huggies Disposable Nappies for my baby...
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by baby124: 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
I have heard about these. Quite a genius invention. Someone wants to chase all those big guys out of business. grin

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by new2clothdiaper: 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
i know! i already bought 23 of them! my stash is growing rapidly, tons of brands to choose from too. AWESOME!! grin. and yes! they are fantastic in the dryer! i am in awe! i love me some pampers swaddles diapers but this is the bidness!!!
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by EfemenaXY: 11:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
new2clothdiaper: i know! i already bought 23 of them! my stash is growing rapidly, tons of brands to choose from too. AWESOME!! grin. and yes! they are fantastic in the dryer! i am in awe! i love me some pampers swaddles diapers but this is the bidness!!!

How are they sold though?

As per, how many do you get per pack? And how long do they last for?
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by new2clothdiaper: 12:07am On Jul 13, 2013
Efemena_xy:

How are they sold though?

As per, how many do you get per pack? And how long do they last for?

they come in singles, 3 pack, 6pack ,12 0r 18. they last from birth (8lbs) till you potty train (max 35lbs) it grows with the child. cloth diapering is the new movement jare cheesy
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 13, 2013
new2clothdiaper:

they come in singles, 3 pack, 6pack ,12 0r 18. they last from birth (8lbs) till you potty train (max 35lbs) it grows with the child. cloth diapering is the new movement jare cheesy
Which brand are you using?, I need to get me some
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by new2clothdiaper: 12:57am On Jul 13, 2013
honey86:
Which brand are you using?, I need to get me some

bumgenius elemental, bumgenius freetime, bumgenius 4.0 pocket diapers
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 13, 2013
Where did u purchase from? And for how much?
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by sheniqua: 4:27am On Jul 13, 2013
new2clothdiaper: i must have confused you guys with all my talk of cloth diapers. i do not mean the 80s version that looks like kitchen towels o! have a look at this link!
http://waytomotherhood..com/2013/03/cloth-diapering-part-one-why-choose.html

At the end of the day no matter how pretty,you still wash to wash and dry them abi?
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by new2clothdiaper: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
sheniqua:

At the end of the day no matter how pretty,you still wash to wash and dry them abi?
of course! but they wash well by hand or in the machine.
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Wow!!

And those are re-usable, machine-washable nappies?? They really do look quite snazzy (funky) and almost like their disposable counterparts.

Do you know if they can be popped into the tumble dryer too? Without getting damaged? If so, then they really do seem like good value for money.

I would have been tempted to try out a few of those myself, but I already bought myself two and a half year's worth of Huggies Disposable Nappies for my baby...
Pls how do u do ur selection? Two yrs and half.I can go as far as 3 months and still make mistake.I wish I can go up to six months. Like bulk buyin.
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by EfemenaXY: 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Pls how do u do ur selection? Two yrs and half.I can go as far as 3 months and still make mistake.I wish I can go up to six months. Like bulk buyin.

It depends on the age and weight of your baby. Each packet should clearly show these.

I normally don't do bulk purchases but when Huggies announced that they won't be manufacturing any more disposable nappies, I decided to stock up on them. I did my purchase online and they were home delivered.

Oh, and I got the biggest size of nappies too. smiley
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by Celyt(f): 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ poster, am signing in to this, its really amazing! Can you show us some samples here and the price tags? where can i purchase? I live in the south-east, Nigeria.
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
These look great! I was thinking more of the terry diapers, until I clicked on the link. Even as a guy, I can appreciate these products, and would consider buying them.

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by new2clothdiaper: 12:22am On Jul 14, 2013
Celyt: @ poster, am signing in to this, its really amazing! Can you show us some samples here and the price tags? where can i purchase? I live in the south-east, Nigeria.

have a look online. but i know a lady who stocks them.
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by RoyalRoy(m): 10:47am On Jul 14, 2013
new2clothdiaper:

have a look online. but i know a lady who stocks them.

Hmmmmm.....and would that lady's name by chance be new2clothdiaper?

Mu che che che che che!!!

I laugh in mgbeketoto's dialect!!

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by new2clothdiaper: 4:34am On Jul 15, 2013
Royal Roy:

Hmmmmm.....and would that lady's name by chance be new2clothdiaper?

Mu che che che che che!!!

I laugh in mgbeketoto's dialect!!

i wish! the 23 cloth diapers in my stash is not nearly enuff to start a bizness my brother! research indicates u need abt 25-36 to fully diaper ur baby u hear...

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 15, 2013
new2clothdiaper:

i wish! the 23 cloth diapers in my stash is not nearly enuff to start a bizness my brother! research indicates u need abt 25-36 to fully diaper ur baby u hear...
Well you are being mysterious about telling us how much it costs and where we can buy it from.
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
idprincess: Well you are being mysterious about telling us how much it costs and where we can buy it from.

Is it a bad thing now to share with her nairaland family members on the joy she is getting in using cloth nappy undecided...

Nice concept though!
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
You can buy from ebay either UK or us or aliexpress. I just ordered for mine from ebay uk. Just remember to buy disposable liners, that way when the baby poos it won't stain the nappy you just remove the liner and throw away. I'm ordering 8 for a start.
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by new2clothdiaper: 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
idprincess: Well you are being mysterious about telling us how much it costs and where we can buy it from.

my bad! considering in my earlier posts i listed the brands and said it was online! so amazon, ebay have sellers .. its btw $21-$40 (high end) depends on what style you fancy
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by ziccoit: 2:19am On Jul 16, 2013
pics or image of the specimen can do a lot here @op.
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by RoyalRoy(m): 7:11am On Jul 16, 2013
ziccoit: pics or image of the specimen can do a lot here @op.

HERE »»»»

Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by babyme1(f): 10:59am On Jul 16, 2013
Is ΐτ̲̅ available i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria? Where can Ȋ̝̊̅ get ΐτ̲̅? Thanks
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by new2clothdiaper: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by Babyandme: 5:06am On Jul 23, 2013
Love cloth dipes!

1 Like

Re: The Future Of Cloth Diapering by asoasiko: 4:46am On Feb 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:
^^ Wow!!

Hello Check out this link for more info on clothdiaper in Nigeria.They come with liners that help take care of poop easily and they are machine washable.
Click on this page for answers to any other question you may have about the diaper: http://www.tenderplus.com.ng/cloth-diaper-faqs/
Click on this link for a video of the diaper : http://www.tenderplus.com.ng/how-to-use-tenderplus-reusable-diaper-and-rumparooz-modern-cloth-diaper
To shop , click link: www.clothdiaper.ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jimpo-ori Products For Sale In Wholesales And Retails. / How Did Bianca Become Ojukwus ''only'' Widow. Where Is His Very First Wife? / He Wants To Marry Me But He Says I'm Too Ambitious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.