Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children (8381 Views)

Davido To Award Scholarship To A Little Boy On Twitter / Chigolden Aid Foundation Offers Scholarship To The Internally Displaced Kids(pix / Beauty Queen Gives Out Cash, Offers Scholarship As Prizes For School Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Krasid(m): 1:43am On Jul 12, 2013

Some succor came the way of the family of deceased highlife musician,Fatai Olayiwola Olagunju,when the management of Daily Needs Industries limited donated N500,000 for his children education.

The artiste popularly called Rolling Dollars,who died at the age of 86 on June 12,2013,was an ambassador to the makers of De-Deon's Syrup.

In a statement,the company's management notes that the gesture is a furtherance of the robust relationship between the late musician and it as he was Daily Needs' brand ambassador for five years.

"To us at Daily Needs,we are ever concerned about family healthcare,children's future and education.This is what informed the management's decision to donate the N500,000 cash to support the scholarship of the bereaved younger children of the late Fatai Rolling Dollars.It is our belief that this will help in supporting the educational needs of the children,"says the Company's Marketing Manager,Sola Adeyi.

A widow of the late artiste,Mrs. Zaynab Olagunju,said to have recieved the donation on behalf of the children,is also said to have prayed for the success of the staff and management of the organization.

"She promised that the donation would go a long way in settling the children's immediate education expenses" the statement indicates.
http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/arts-life/daily-needs-offer-n500000-scholarship-to-rolling-dollars-children/

1 Like

Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Lilimax(f): 10:32am On Jul 12, 2013
This
is a very good gesture but would have been too good if the
Children scholarship education is taken over to the University level rather than the cash donation.
My opinion though... wink

4 Likes

Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by ril19(m): 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
was he that poor?

2 Likes

Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by mesther96(f): 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
eeyah! so rolling dollars no gt savings or insurance 4 his children?? sad
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Coefficient(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good gesture but how many wives are in his harem?
I saw 'A widow' in the article which begs my question; considering the wranglings that occurs in a polygamous home after the demise of the husband.
Let's hope the money will be put to good use.
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by gbokukueba(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
I dont understand the article is it that they offered scholarship to the children or they contributed money towards the education of the children. At 86 will he still have children going to school? Am just asking... I hope one long lost flame will not come up and say she is the authentic wife of the man and demand for some money...

2 Likes

Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by 1shortblackboy: 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
when ein been ddey hammer ein no save? and why ein kon get small children at 89
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Benissues(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
@all.....u guys nid 2 read d biography of dis man!....dere was a time he lost all his children!!.........so!....he had 2 start life all over again!!....hope dis wil ansa d question;why his children are stil goin 2 school?
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by mosho2good: 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
Baba rolling dollar ti jeun soke
ko jeun wa sile.
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by cuteshade(f): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
That's good of them,but I think they should have given them scholarship instead of given them money cos they might end up spending the money lavishly on unnecessary things.
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Fishout(m): 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
Daily need comany.May God grease ur elbows to do more bt scholarship to univ. Will be more appreciated.Rest in perfect peace to baba.
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Lagusta(m): 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
Benissues: @all.....u guys nid 2 read d biography of dis man!....dere was a time he lost all his children!!.........so!....he had 2 start life all over again!!....hope dis wil ansa d question;why his children are stil goin 2 school?

Woooow!!!! what a tragedy!!!!
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by AdeniyiA(m): 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
... a semester fee per student in some schools
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by AnOlAd: 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
500 000 will send them to schoolAnyways it just a contribution....May God Bless Daily Needs...
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by 3ace(m): 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
That's a good one from the company but I hope Rolling Dollar didn't have undergraduates as part of his children otherwise dat money na peanut.
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
ril19: was he that poor?

is donation or scholarship meant for the poor alone ?

you better park well mallam sule

1 Like

Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Reachyrich(f): 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
Am sure this man is richly blessed and why the donation.
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by ABsI1: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
500,000 naira my a.r.s.e.
Ask the chairman of daily need if dat was how much it cost him to educate his children ala tosin,segun,taiye,kehinde etc jolayemi. Daily need can forking suck my d.i.c.k.; philantrophy ko,philangulder ni
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by alienware(m): 7:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
AB$I:
Ask the chairman of daily need if dat was how much it cost him to educate his children ala tosin,segun,taiye,kehinde etc jolayemi. Daily need can forking suck my d.i.c.k.; philantrophy ko,philangulder ni
pretty cut and dry.
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Alishachris: 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good move.
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by MissYuzedo(f): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
All hale chiefs yuzedo, the ceo of daily stars, my pride huzband

1 Like

Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Tundetiler2011(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
God bless Daily need for their contribution towards the development of the children...
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by yomalex(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
it should have been a trust fund , they will finish this money before the end of this month.

Still wondering why this did not make front page https://www.nairaland.com/1356007/pakistani-school-girl-malala-address

2 Likes

Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by Adetuyilekan: 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Gud (*7) yah(*6)
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by anonimi: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
AB$I:

You actually made a good point.
Can we expect you to give them much more and ask the family to return the 500k to Daily Need

BTW, I thought Fashola being the "best ever administrator" would guarantee free and COMPULSORY education for ALL children in Lagos state.
I guess it says a lot about the CREDIBILITY of his expressed wish to be a teacher after 2015 in his VAIN attempt to demonstrate the high value he places on education.

https://www.nairaland.com/1354532/ll-teacher-after-2015-gov

HYPOCRITES!!!

2 Likes

Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by obowunmi(m): 9:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
Next stick with one wife and not more than three children.
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by pheesayor(m): 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
Education is free in Lagos up till secondary level
anonimi:

You actually made a good point.
Can we expect you to give them much more and ask the family to return the 500k to Daily Need

BTW, I thought Fashola being the "best ever administrator" would guarantee free and COMPULSORY education for ALL children in Lagos state.
I guess it says a lot about the CREDIBILITY of his expressed wish to be a teacher after 2015 in his VAIN attempt to demonstrate the high value he places on education.

https://www.nairaland.com/1354532/ll-teacher-after-2015-gov

HYPOCRITES!!!
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by jhydebaba(m): 10:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
pheesayor: Education is free in Lagos up till secondary level
Are u a learner

1 Like

Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by GENTLETEE(m): 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
Commendable!
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by pheesayor(m): 11:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
jhydebaba: Are u a learner
do they pay tuition?
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by nerodenero: 12:02am On Jul 13, 2013
I hope they dont begin throw arrow at each other over the money.This is what polygamy and poverty does.
Re: Daily Needs Offers Scholarship To Rolling Dollars Children by PStacks(m): 12:59am On Jul 13, 2013
undecided Mtcheeeeeewwwww!

Is this company seeking cheap publicity or they are trying to help the family..

For real, in our Nigeria of Today, how much is 500,000 naira.

After all their dad did for the company,
If you haven't seen that De-deons Advert of Fatai singing "Wan kehre si number wa"

500k is ridiculous, some secondary schools in Nigeria pays more than 500k per session.

When I saw the heading, in my mind, I was like ... That's cool, only to read thru and find out this company just needs to fight for relevance and cheap publicity with serious issues as Education.. Placing someone on a scholarship is different from handing the person a chicken change of 500 grand..

They can do better mehn!

(1) (2) (Reply)

IRRESISTIBLE!!!: John Legend Kisses Chrissy Teigen B00bs In Public / (photos) Bimbo Oshin And Sikiratu Sindodo Amazing Bleaching Evolution / Breaking News On Nollywood Actor Vitalis Ndubuisi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.