Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State (1138 Views)

AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by FactsTruths: 9:42am On Jul 12, 2013
The Man CP Mbu J. Mbu was one time the Commandant of Police secondary school, Calabar. He was also part of the committee chairing the Petroleum Task force as well as the Minna area command.
Had also been area commanders in Delta and Anambra states.
Pertinent to note herewith is his duties as the area commander, Force education where he spear headed the reforms in education of the Nigerian Police as well as the planning and take off of the new police academy/university offering undergraduate programs in many disciplines.
He was Commissioner of police (Mobile Police) "compol mopol" with radical changes in the partnering and organizing his men and the army. Thus restructuring his men in the existing JTF.
His works and character earned a call to serve as the CP Oyo state which he scattered and demoralized various cult groups and hoodlums terrorizing the state. His efforts didn't go unnoticed as he was called to take on and provide better security services to the people of River state.
He is known for his strong will, strictness and rigidness in standing for the truth whilst emphasizing his commitment to better policing.
Every Police officer in the state has been on their toes since his arrival, and they know him as a no-nonsense man.

Rift with Rivers Governor.
Amaechi has always had it good with every CP coming his way, its always been a Nigerian thing that once a new governor comes in, he gets a loyal CP and its always uhuru, thus, things flew normal.
The new CP came in and things soured for the gov. He (mbu) wouldn't bend to the gov's antics and hence the call for his removal from the gov's quarters.
He choose to stay silent on certain matters, d gov accuses him of aiding and abetting and when he condems certain acts, amaechi hits back claiming the CP's support is tilted towards the presidency.
This is one clear point people have a reason to kick against community/state police cos the CP's may end up being stooge for the governors.

More news coming. (Especially on his decision to cleanse Rivers)

1 Like

Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by adeyak83(m): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2013
All d way, may God save 9ja
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by frederal(m): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2013
I believe in credibility of CP Mbu.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by FactsTruths: 10:11am On Jul 12, 2013
frederal: I believe in credibility of CP Mbu.

I wish you've had the opportunity of meeting him.
My point here is, Amaechi should focus on good governance, doing the things he knows best and ensuring the people enjoy his tenure. Rather than pointing fingers against the CP.

Every Police officer in the state trembles at the mention of the CP cos he's known as a strict human to the core.
You need to sample opinions of several hundreds and thousands of policemen in the state to know this.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by Kajiang02(m): 10:32am On Jul 12, 2013
Met him before.
Was in school when he came in as commandant.
#the man strict die. Also met him personally after then.
Wouldn't wanna talk more but personally, I feel Amaechi should look at the positive sides to this.
Heard the CP's crackdown on militancy as well robbery and kidnapping is a total positive development.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by FactsTruths: 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Kajiang02: Met him before.
Was in school when he came in as commandant.
#the man strict die. Also met him personally after then.
Wouldn't wanna talk more but personally, I feel Amaechi should look at the positive sides to this.
Heard the CP's crackdown on militancy as well robbery and kidnapping is a total positive development.

Nice one.
Good you've had a lil stint with him.
The issue here is Amaechi should leave this man and partner into making Rivers state a living state.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by baby124: 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
LOL, so even CP Mbu has NL representation...wonders. cheesy

1 Like

Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by MiloRambaldi(m): 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123: LOL, so even CP Mbu has NL representation...wonders. cheesy

It's good to hear different sides of a matter before deciding. Amaechi might not be so innocent afterall. Nothing wrong with having an open mind.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by baby124: 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

It's good to hear different sides of a matter before deciding. Amaechi might not be so innocent afterall. Nothing wrong with having an open mind.
Does this change the fact that he let Bipi and his thugs run into the chambers, beat their colleagues and take over? What about that show of shame by Bipi and his thugs PUSHING policemen to enter the assembly to go and fight again. I didn't see Bipi and thugs being arrested or an accidental discharge happening. We know what happens when a regular citizen tries to do such. Now, please convince me from what I saw on video evidence that Mbu has not been compromised.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by enigmang: 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123:
Does this change the fact that he let Bipi and his thugs run into the chambers, beat their colleagues and take over? What about that show of shame by Bipi and his thugs PUSHING policemen to enter the assembly to go and fight again. I didn't see Bipi and thugs being arrested or an accidental discharge happening. We know what happens when a regular citizen tries to do such. Now, please convince me from what I saw on video evidence that Mbu has not been compromised.

We are yet to see the video of Bipi and his thugs in the chamber...
But you saw Amaechi's aide (the dude in police uniform inside the chambers) beat up one of the five that is most embarrassing....

In fact the fact that there was no "accidental discharge" is actually a Plus to MBU as the police prevented the thugs from entering the chambers without accidental discharge...??

I am not saying Bipi is innocent but i think we should all slow down with the CP.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by MiloRambaldi(m): 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123:

No doubt the relationship between Amaechi and Mbu has deteriorated. According to Mbu, Amaechi is the one trying to pocket the CP. Other videos show Amaechi and his supporters ( including Policemen!) might not be so innocent afterall.

There's enough blame to go round. Heaping it all on Mbu's head seems simplistic and quite possibly wrong.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by FactsTruths: 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123:

Hope you heard the policeman beating the other guy is an orderly of Amaechi. I just await his fate cos the no-nonsense Mbu will ensure he faces disciplinary actions.
You seem not to understand here. Amaechi tends to rope the CP in every matters contrary to what he wants.

MiloRambaldi:

No doubt the relationship between Amaechi and Mbu has deteriorated. According to Mbu, Amaechi is the one trying to pocket the CP. Other videos show Amaechi and his supporters ( including Policemen!) might not be so innocent afterall.

There's enough blame to go round. Heaping it all on Mbu's head seems simplistic and quite possibly wrong.

Guess you're on point. Amaechi blames the CP on every matters in the state. Later he'll say GEJ sent the CP to make the state hard for him.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by wirinet(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
Facts & Truths:
The Man CP Mbu J. Mbu was one time the Commandant of Police secondary school, Calabar. He was also part of the committee chairing the Petroleum Task force as well as the Minna area command.
Had also been area commanders in Delta and Anambra states.
Pertinent to note herewith is his duties as the area commander, Force education where he spear headed the reforms in education of the Nigerian Police as well as the planning and take off of the new police academy/university offering undergraduate programs in many disciplines.
He was Commissioner of police (Mobile Police) "compol mopol" with radical changes in the partnering and organizing his men and the army. Thus restructuring his men in the existing JTF.
His works and character earned a call to serve as the CP Oyo state which he scattered and demoralized various cult groups and hoodlums terrorizing the state. His efforts didn't go unnoticed as he was called to take on and provide better security services to the people of River state.
He is known for his strong will, strictness and rigidness in standing for the truth whilst emphasizing his commitment to better policing.
Every Police officer in the state has been on their toes since his arrival, and they know him as a no-nonsense man.

Rift with Rivers Governor.
Amaechi has always had it good with every CP coming his way, its always been a Nigerian thing that once a new governor comes in, he gets a loyal CP and its always uhuru, thus, things flew normal.
The new CP came in and things soured for the gov. He (mbu) wouldn't bend to the gov's antics and hence the call for his removal from the gov's quarters.
He choose to stay silent on certain matters, d gov accuses him of aiding and abetting and when he condems certain acts, amaechi hits back claiming the CP's support is tilted towards the presidency.
This is one clear point people have a reason to kick against community/state police cos the CP's may end up being stooge for the governors.

More news coming. (Especially on his decision to cleanse Rivers)

You people have no idea of what the word federation means in the term Federal Republic of Nigeria. A governor was suppose to be responsible for the security of his domain and the federal govrnment should only be involved if the security situation is beyond the capacity of the state. A situation where a governor does not have power to give orders to the police in a state under his governance is not only strange, it is stupid. It is even stranger for the Federal Police to be enforcing state laws enacted by the state assembly and interpreted by the state high courts, which may sometimes run contrary to federal laws.

People elect a governor to protect their economic, social and physical interests within stated limits, so give him the authority to do his jobs. I am 100% in support of state police, because a situation where 5 lawmakers can hold the whole state to ransom cannot occur if the governor was truly the chief security officer of the state.

The argument that the governors would misuse the state police is neither here nor there as we have withnessed the president and past presidents with their wives, children, ministers and aids misused the federal police and even the army in the past. All these are due to weakness of the system and characters operating the system.

In addition it is senseless for the federal police being funded by federal money to be providing security for the governors, their commisioners, their wives and children and their personal aids. And someone will still be wondering why inspite of close to 400,000 federal policemen, there is no police security for the ordinary citizen.
Does it not sound strange for the personal security of a governor to be receiving orders and is loyal to someone else

1 Like

Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
wirinet:

You people have no idea of what the word federation means in the term Federal Republic of Nigeria. A governor was suppose to be responsible for the security of his domain and the federal govrnment should only be involved if the security situation is beyond the capacity of the state. A situation where a governor does not have power to give orders to the police in a state under his governance is not only strange, it is stupid. It is even stranger for the Federal Police to be enforcing state laws enacted by the state assembly and interpreted by the state high courts, which may sometimes run contrary to federal laws.

People elect a governor to protect their economic, social and physical interests within stated limits, so give him the authority to do his jobs. I am 100% in support of state police, because a situation where 5 lawmakers can hold the whole state to ransom cannot occur if the governor was truly the chief security officer of the state.

The argument that the governors would misuse the state police is neither here nor there as we have withnessed the president and past presidents with their wives, children, ministers and aids misused the federal police and even the army in the past. All these are due to weakness of the system and characters operating the system.

In addition it is senseless for the federal police being funded by federal money to be providing security for the governors, their commisioners, their wives and children and their personal aids. And someone will still be wondering why inspite of close to 400,000 federal policemen, there is no police security for the ordinary citizen.
Does it not sound strange for the personal security of a governor to be receiving orders and is loyal to someone else
a good talk
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by FactsTruths: 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
wirinet:

Good points Wirinet. Don't forget that State Police may not work in our country now compared to others.
How'll you explain the so much/enormous powers a governor possesses as well as all immunity clauses guarding him.
State Police would've been good, but in our case here, it becomes a tool for governors to witch-hunt anyone speaking against him.
Imagine the powers of a gov, combined with total control of the Police. You and I wld never say anything wrong about the state, for fear of been hit-on by the govs.
On the issue of Police officers guiding ministers and others e.t.c, I believe with time some of these duties will be channeled via the civil defence corps (IMO).
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by MiloRambaldi(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
wirinet:

I agree with you State govt should control their Police. Completely. And their resources too. Also "Federal Road" rubbish should be abolished - a road passing thru a State should be the responsibility of that State. It would have stopped the BH rubbish, among other things. Sadly, Amaechi's buddies in the North largely oppose State Police and other aspects of true federalism including resource control. Ameachi's right hand man, Niger State Gov Aliyu pointedly rejected State Police. The FG Exec alone can't just implement State Police - Constititional amendment is required and it'll likely get killed by the North. The PIB to keep the Oil industry alive is being killed by an endless legislative review. Likely if GEJ proposes State Police today, CPC, ACN, APC will be up in arms opposing it, as usual. Whose fault is that?

1 Like

Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by MiloRambaldi(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
Facts & Truths:

Good points Wirinet. Don't forget that State Police may not work in our country now compared to others.
How'll you explain the so much/enormous powers a governor possesses as well as all immunity clauses guarding him.
State Police would've been good, but in our case here, it becomes a tool for governors to witch-hunt anyone speaking against him.
Imagine the powers of a gov, combined with total control of the Police. You and I wld never say anything wrong about the state, for fear of been hit-on by the govs.
On the issue of Police officers guiding ministers and others e.t.c, I believe with time some of these duties will be channeled via the civil defence corps (IMO).

State Police would work. We just need to think thru the implementation and put in some checks. The State Police could be under control of the State House of Assembly, for example. If the Assembly members want to sell their power to the Governor, then it's their call.
The FG can retain certain powers and certain jurisdiction (like the US FBI). State Police can work if we think thru it. We actually need to weaken the centre more and empower states govts more. It's what true federalism is all about and it's what Nigeria will eventually end up with - we are only postponing it.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by superior1: 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123: LOL, so even CP Mbu has NL representation...wonders. cheesy

I just passed a proposal to the counsellor of my ward to employ me as his NL image maker.

Don't mind the yeye people. The same person with different IDs. Opens thread with one, use other I'd to 'like' and comment favourably to his arguments.

The fact that Ounburuku or na Mbu dem dey call employed these jobless youths to help him with his image is an indictment to the political policing Ounburuku is encouraging.

What annoys me is that they will come here with the assumptions we are idiots.

You Ounburuku image maker better tell him only change is permanent, he will soon leave the position wey dey shark him like ogogoro, ask Al Mustapha how soon power changes hand.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by MiloRambaldi(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
superior1:

I just passed a proposal to the counsellor of my ward to employ me as his NL image maker.

Don't mind the yeye people. The same person with different IDs. Opens thread with one, use other I'd to 'like' and comment favourably to his arguments.

The fact that Ounburuku or na Mbu dem dey call employed these jobless youths to help him with his image is an indictment to the political policing Ounburuku is encouraging.

What annoys me is that they will come here with the assumptions we are idiots.

You Ounburuku image maker better tell him only change is permanent, he will soon leave the position wey dey shark him like ogogoro, ask Al Mustapha how soon power changes hand.

Listen to both sides and don't rush to conclude. There's enough to show Amaechi is no saint. If there are threads praising Amaechi, why can't someone open one stating Mbu's position? Is Mbu not entitled to a hearing?
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by wirinet(m): 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
Facts & Truths:

My brother if we still want Nigeria to remain one, we cannot run away from state police and other vestiges of true federalism. Most of the problems besetting this country is the over centralization of power at the centre. The regions and states are being choked and rendered helpless to determine the direction of their lives collectively. This is what is responsible for boko haram, Niger delta militancy, Biafra agitations, and a host other problems. If a state wants to operate sharia, let them have it, as long as they can fund it. People that do not want to live under sharia law would move to another state. If the igbos want to determine their destiny or any other thing they feel they can gain under biafra, let them have it. If the Niger delta people or any other people want to control their resources, let them, as long as they pay agreed taxes. Who should hold the federation together is common currency, military, foreign affairs and some common issues.

The present situation where a federal police has to learn all the state laws in Nigeria in order to enforce them is unworkable and unrealistic.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by abacus(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Facts & Truths:

Bolded! Lemme do justice to that statement.

How'll you explain the so much/enormous powers a president possesses as well as all immunity clauses guarding him.? This is what happening in River state now. Recollect OBJ and Fayose, when latter was Ekiti state governor?

GEJ de de me ra ooo.. small small.. He who we intend to roast, should not use petrol as body cream.
Re: CP Rivers Mbu (the Man) & Rivers State by enm(m): 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
if we learn more by trying to find out more fact by listening and asking questions alot of us here won't be typing rubbish.

Am a former student of police secondary school minna in niger state and i will never forget his action on the day he paid an unschedule visit and it happened during when we students were on a very long line shuffling forward to collect our watery and tasteless dinner.

judging from that experience and little i have gathered about him. mba and ameachi are like oil and water.

(1) (Reply)

Soyinka Son Made Ogun State Health Commissioner / New York Judge Orders Jimoh Ibrahim To Pay $10Million For Defaulting On Aircraft / National Conference - Commonwealth Of Yorubaland - #1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.