Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Should I Tell My Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell My Father? (1561 Views)

My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / Relationship: She Assured She Wouldn’t Tell My Wife We Had Sex...... / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
Please advice me.

For up to ten years now, my mum, siblings and i have been separated frm our dad. i really cant give details abt that now, but the truth is we still communicate well with him, but we dont live together.

Now, i've gotten a very good job and i take care of my mum and siblings....my dad as well, but he doesn't know where the money is from because i'm d last born and i dont wanna reveal that to him.

he has been asking me about school...and i've been telling him various things over d years and now i've 'graduated'...i dont know the next thing to say...lol grin

my little worry is that, he has been kind of fetish before amidst his character disorders! i dont want any 'troubles' because i think, if he knws, he would be very demanding and not responding accordingly could be dangerous!

i still a little confused tho' because i dont want to lie anymore! sad

what do u advice pls?
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by degamonn: 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
Don't u have friends to share this with? it is not evrytin one brings to court of public opinion. However, d decision 2 tell him or not is within u. How many of these pple here know ur fada?
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
degamonn: Don't u have friends to share this with? it is not evrytin one brings to court of public opinion. However, d decision 2 tell him or not is within u. How many of these pple here know ur fada?

u're sort of right sir, but i dont think i've revealed too much details undecided is just that its begining to creep up my mind too often cry
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by mgbeketoto: 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
What exactly is the problem?

A fruit or BITTER KOLA does not fall to far from it's TREE OR ROOT!

Chances are. . .HE ALREADY KNOWS. . . YOU ARE HIS SON!
You can NEVER BE SMARTER THAN THAT WHICH BROUGHT YOU FORTH.

Stop acting like you have something to hide. . . YOU ARE NOT A SECRET TO HIM! kiss

If he is like my DAD. . . he is just PLAYING DUMB WITH YOU. . .BECAUSE YOU ARE REALLY DUMB! kiss

A cultist will ALWAYS GIVE BIRTH TO A CULTIST. . . just like a RA-PIST will always give birth to a RA-PIST!

Next topic please. . .

ALL THREADS UNFOLLOWED. . .BLANK PROFILE PAGE. . .

*logging off*
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by baby124: 5:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
You are the last born, taking care of your mum, older siblings and parents. What were you doing before you "graduated". Or you have "graduated" a long time ago and have gotten a job. but you just recently confessed to your dad about your graduation and made the date seem a lot sooner. You can tell him you have a job. You dont need to tell him what your occupation is and your salary. if he insists, tell him another amount. Never tell anyone how much you truly make, because they will be calculating your salary for you. The day you tell them you cant give them what they want, will be the beginning of your troubles.
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by yinkaolagbaju(m): 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
if you are a christian seek counsel from the holy spirit,if you cant, i would advice you to keep your growth and purpose in life secret.Being fetish is eating with the devil and i don't think you would want to share your testimonies with the devil! be wise!
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by fairlyisabel(f): 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ op i will go straight to the answer to your question. Do not tell him , @ least not now. A fetish man can go any level unimaginable. A fetish man can syphone his children's blessings once he knew that they are doing well. A fetish man can equally be a witch(wizard) and apparently they can devour their children's proceeds. Which church do you attend? How fervant and strong is your prayer life? The spirits that your father consults while performing evil things can raise up against who ever that does not pay homeage to it including you. Please be mindful of the money you give him for he may first of all dedicate the money in their evil alter before spending which will cause havoc to you. Always ask God for His will and direction before giving your father anything because household battle is a terrible scene.
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by EfemenaXY: 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
otooro: Please advice me.

For up to ten years now, my mum, siblings and i have been separated frm our dad. i really cant give details abt that now, but the truth is we still communicate well with him, but we dont live together.

Now, i've gotten a very good job and i take care of my mum and siblings....my dad as well, but he doesn't know where the money is from because i'm d last born and i dont wanna reveal that to him.

he has been asking me about school...and i've been telling him various things over d years and now i've 'graduated'...i dont know the next thing to say...lol grin

my little worry is that, he has been kind of fetish before amidst his character disorders! i dont want any 'troubles' because i think, if he knws, he would be very demanding and not responding accordingly could be dangerous!

i still a little confused tho' because i dont want to lie anymore! sad

what do u advice pls?

Otooro, nor be Jokes Section we dey o! So better make sure that your story up there na true talk, or else... angry cool

Anyway, as per the bolded bit, abeg explain further. What d'you mean when you say your dad's been kind of fetish? D'you mean he's a juju worshipper or something?

You also say he's got 'character disorders'. What sort of disorders are you referring to here? Multiple personalities? BiPolar?

You also say he could be demanding and very dangerous. How dangerous? Physically dangerous?

Sorry about the questions, just trying to get a clearer picture of where you're coming from with this. Having said that, the way I see it (based on what you've told us so far) is that you are untrusting and apprehensive of your dad. Probably due to the breakdown in relationship that occurred ten years ago?

Whatever the issue might have been between your parents, it's obviously affected you too, hence your perception of him. Nevertheless, I would advice that you find it in your heart to forgive him of any hurt you might be feeling from this. You're already supporting him financially, so that's a step in the right direction.

I think what you need to do next is to sit with him and have a man-to-man chat with him. You never know, he too might be hurting and may be trying to reach out to you in his own way, hence his questions. I also think that if you're able to clear the air between you both, you might see him in a different light. Less frightening or rather, less fetish. Try and see past any hurt that happened in the past.

You know, we don't get to pick and choose our parents, but we should as their offspring, show love to them.

It is well. smiley
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:06am On Jul 13, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Otooro, nor be Jokes Section we dey o! So better make sure that your story up there na true talk, or else... angry cool

Anyway, as per the bolded bit, abeg explain further. What d'you mean when you say your dad's been kind of fetish? D'you mean he's a juju worshipper or something?

You also say he's got 'character disorders'. What sort of disorders are you referring to here? Multiple personalities? BiPolar?

You also say he could be demanding and very dangerous. How dangerous? Physically dangerous?

Sorry about the questions, just trying to get a clearer picture of where you're coming from with this. Having said that, the way I see it (based on what you've told us so far) is that you are untrusting and apprehensive of your dad. Probably due to the breakdown in relationship that occurred ten years ago?

Whatever the issue might have been between your parents, it's obviously affected you too, hence your perception of him. Nevertheless, I would advice that you find it in your heart to forgive him of any hurt you might be feeling from this. You're already supporting him financially, so that's a step in the right direction.

I think what you need to do next is to sit with him and have a man-to-man chat with him. You never know, he too might be hurting and may be trying to reach out to you in his own way, hence his questions. I also think that if you're able to clear the air between you both, you might see him in a different light. Less frightening or rather, less fetish. Try and see past any hurt that happened in the past.

You know, we don't get to pick and choose our parents, but we should as their offspring, show love to them.

It is well. smiley

Follow this poster's advice, she is so on point!!
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2013
Efemena_xy:

It is well. smiley

LOL @ d jokes section! grin

thanks for d advice efe! it is well noted. kiss
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 13, 2013
mgbeketoto: What exactly is the problem?

A fruit or BITTER KOLA does not fall to far from it's TREE OR ROOT!

Chances are. . .HE ALREADY KNOWS. . . YOU ARE HIS SON!
You can NEVER BE SMARTER THAN THAT WHICH BROUGHT YOU FORTH.

Stop acting like you have something to hide. . . YOU ARE NOT A SECRET TO HIM! kiss

If he is like my DAD. . . he is just PLAYING DUMB WITH YOU. . .BECAUSE YOU ARE REALLY DUMB! kiss

A cultist will ALWAYS GIVE BIRTH TO A CULTIST. . . just like a RA-PIST will always give birth to a RA-PIST!

Next topic please. . .

ALL THREADS UNFOLLOWED. . .BLANK PROFILE PAGE. . .

*logging off*

i still haven't found any advice frm ur post. undecided
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 13, 2013
yinka olagbaju: if you are a christian seek counsel from the holy spirit,if you cant, i would advice you to keep your growth and purpose in life secret.Being fetish is eating with the devil and i don't think you would want to share your testimonies with the devil! be wise!

fairlyisabel: @ op i will go straight to the answer to your question. Do not tell him , @ least not now. A fetish man can go any level unimaginable. A fetish man can syphone his children's blessings once he knew that they are doing well. A fetish man can equally be a witch(wizard) and apparently they can devour their children's proceeds. Which church do you attend? How fervant and strong is your prayer life? The spirits that your father consults while performing evil things can raise up against who ever that does not pay homeage to it including you. Please be mindful of the money you give him for he may first of all dedicate the money in their evil alter before spending which will cause havoc to you. Always ask God for His will and direction before giving your father anything because household battle is a terrible scene.

true! i'm keeping these in mind. thanks
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 13, 2013
baby_123: You are the last born, taking care of your mum, older siblings and parents. What were you doing before you "graduated". Or you have "graduated" a long time ago and have gotten a job. but you just recently confessed to your dad about your graduation and made the date seem a lot sooner. You can tell him you have a job. You dont need to tell him what your occupation is and your salary. if he insists, tell him another amount. Never tell anyone how much you truly make, because they will be calculating your salary for you. The day you tell them you cant give them what they want, will be the beginning of your troubles.

this sounds good! wink
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by Aringarosa(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2013
otooro:

i still haven't found any advice frm ur post. undecided

Lol.

Don't expect one from Calloti aka militia, aka jellita, aka mgbeketoto cheesy
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 13, 2013
Aringarosa:

Lol.

Don't expect one from Calloti aka militia, aka jellita, aka mgbeketoto cheesy

an individual, three usernames? whr r d mods? undecided
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by RoyalRoy(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2013
otooro:

an individual, three usernames? whr r d mods? undecided
Lollllllz
U never jam!!!
She has more than 3 usernames sef!!!
She is in her own world!!

But, take a second read of her post.....she has a point there.....she always have a point..........although she digresses most times!!
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by Cholls(m): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
My brother they have given u a very good advice.....But its your choice and I believe u r not mummie's boy? U r a grown man.
Re: Should I Tell My Father? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
Cholls: My brother they have given u a very good advice.....But its your choice and I believe u r not mummie's boy? U r a grown man.

tnx, i am a grown man. tongue grin

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice (help) / Things A Good Mother Teaches Her Daughter Before Marriage / Bedroom Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.