Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) (10563 Views)

*for Married Folks: Sexual Acts And Their Permissibility In Islam / The Value And The Power Of Words In Islam, By Imam Murtada Gusau / Some Virtues Of Performing Voluntary Prayers In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by abu0710102013: 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
If u want to be sure that non muslims are not allowed to be killed by muslims go and read the qur'an. As for those anti islamists (islamophobis) u can go and hang yourself islam is here to STAY.
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by showietee: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2013
WARNING TO MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

islam is a religion of peace, and it should be seen on whoever claims to be a muslim(acclaimed)

It baffles me alot when i see some muslims answering questions.

Information they say is the curative for bad knowledge, so you should be ready to give that accurate information(if,you can), though the questioner might ask it in a silly or provocative way, as a muslim you should always try to be calm and don't get annoyed with things even if situations warrant it.

If one talks back to a fool while he/she talks, such person might also be regarded as one. So be calm at situations.
Man is imperfect, so don't try to act like you know all, if you don't know.

We must learn and try to act like our dear prophet, rosulullah.

3 Likes

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by ebony288: 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
Jazakhumu llahu khairan
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by igbeke: 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
Artless360: May allah accp our prayers ameen..ax 4 xtian comment plz d bst u cn do x 2ignore den@Op
Pls dont ignore dem. Issues of differeces or misunderstanding such as these are better dialogued in a forum like this.
say ur own side of d issue.
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by 2map(m): 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
I guess the reason for moving this topic to fp is to enlighten we muslims and not the otherwise surging here(mods). Jazakallah khairan@op

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by lanrexlan(m): 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
igbeke:

How about these:
“I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of
the enemy)”
[Bukhari 4.220]

“I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."
[Qoran 8.12]
http://islamiat101..com/2013/01/misquoted-verse-of-quran-812.html?m=1

read your answer there...Peace
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by maclatunji: 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
No derailing please.

Thank you.
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by deols(f): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
abu0710102013: If u want to be sure that non muslims are not allowed to be killed by muslims go and read the qur'an. As for those anti islamists (islamophobis) u can go and hang yourself islam is here to STAY.

You dont have to insult them. The best thing is to click on the report button. The moderators will see it and take action.

@op. Very informative thread. May Allah reward you abundantly.

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by deols(f): 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
showietee: WARNING TO MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

islam is a religion of peace, and it should be seen on whoever claims to be a muslim(acclaimed)

It baffles me alot when i see some muslims answering questions.

Information they say is the curative for bad knowledge, so you should be ready to give that accurate information(if,you can), though the questioner might ask it in a silly or provocative way, as a muslim you should always try to be calm and don't get annoyed with things even if situations warrant it.

If one talks back to a fool while he/she talks, such person might also be regarded as one. So be calm at situations.
Man is imperfect, so don't try to act like you know all, if you don't know.

We must learn and try to act like our dear prophet, rosulullah.

You are right.
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by badmeat(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2013
maclatunji: No derailing please.

Thank you.
I sense the threat!zooms off the post!cheesy
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by Bsmartt(m): 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
may ALLAH lead us to the right path to salvation and may he not allow us go astray.ameen. alhamdulilahi

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by Godsun(m): 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
Jazakumulahu khairan

1 Like

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by Abuklaw(m): 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
Jazakallahu khaeran @op may Allah enrich u more with knowledge and ubderstanding. Ramadan mubaraq

2 Likes

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by Sike(m): 11:20pm On Jul 19, 2013
God bless the OP.
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by Kareemat03: 12:27am On Jul 20, 2013
Jazakallahu Khairan, may Allah increase us all in IMAAN (AMIN).
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by talk2me006(m): 5:29am On Jul 20, 2013
pls dont be suprise if u see those ignorant folks derailing the thread here.
just shun them .
they only jeolosy of islam.
what they know is to go and copy some verses from anti isalmic website and paste.Thank Allah that he bestows muslims knowledge to expose their lie.
jazakumullahi khairan @op

2 Likes

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by bestower: 5:30am On Jul 20, 2013
May Allah reward all my muslim brothers and sisters during this ramadan period and after,@OP u re blessed,thanks for sharing part of ur knowledge despite criticisms from some derailed posters,still u surmoned courage and remain steadfast to share it with ur brothers in the house.Allah will reward u and all faithful muslims in the house.Ameen.Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by bobbling(m): 5:35am On Jul 20, 2013
[quote author=lanrexlan]Nawafil is praying or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory.
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by Leo2flex(m): 6:37am On Jul 20, 2013
showietee: Jazakallahu aikhran op.

May Allah increase your knowledge and accept this as an act of good deeds(ibadah) from you.
May Allah increase his mercies on the ummah of rosulullah, and ease the stress of our brothers and sisters in distress.

Ameen
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2013
Nawafil is composite of righteousness that makes it definition in Islam different from the ones found in other religions and do not allow itto be a wasted effort but invaluable act that attracts Allah’s pleasure and forgiveness and leads to salvation. Nawafil is thus an integral part of Islam and any Muslim who does not give it deserved attention,may be losing a great deal of benefit and at the same time not have respected Allah’s order
hmm righteousness by works. Bookmarked
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by Walexz02(m): 7:35am On Jul 20, 2013
Thanks bro, may Allah continue to increas you in knowledge. I am definitly saving this page for constant review.
Btw, I wonder what is wrong with this xtians spamming muslim thread, smh.
Ramadan mubarak.

2 Likes

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by realone2012: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2013
The hatred for Islam is growin yet its making us stronger as a Nation. #Proud#
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2013
realone2012: The hatred for Islam is growin yet its making us stronger as a Nation. #Proud#
no probs but am shining my eyes about it.
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by showietee: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2013
talk2me006: pls dont be suprise if u see those ignorant folks derailing the thread here.
just shun them .
they only jeolosy of islam.
what they know is to go and copy some verses from anti isalmic website and paste.Thank Allah that he bestows muslims knowledge to expose their lie.
jazakumullahi khairan @op

REMINDER TO ALL!
Ramadan in the air,blessings and mercies on the believers, inshallah!
Two wrongs can neva make a right,condemnation is not the right medication for an ignorant, rather educate. If you see someone as an ignorant fellow, and if you're not(as a muslim) why not gear up the sunnah by educating such person. For you ll be getting more good deeds(hassanah).
Ramadan is for spiritual upliftment, so we shouldn't derail.
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by abduldope(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2013
jazakal'llahu KaiRan on this THread!!!
pls i am a muslim bt confused on some questions, mind if u highlyt me (1) what do qur'an said abt TaTTOO ? If its haram wt abt TRIBAL Marks (2) i heard sm1 telln anoda that if u bleed during fasting that makes ur fasting INVALID, then hw about if u got injured mistakinly i.e Razor cut, niddle or miss of step (fell down) (3) what did qur'an say about listining to music during Fasting (4) what did qur'an said about using freebrowsing (cheat) during fasting (5) do stealing break Fasting (6) about lowering ur gaze on women wt is the consequence if u look more than 3 tyms during fasting....... May ALLah reward u as u reply me
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by kunleee(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
jazaka lahu khaeran @ ops & fellow bro&sis
I like when making ref to quran verse in any tafsir. This most alfa's dont do..
i just seen what ve been searching for awhile nw tht quran2v152.
Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by lanrexlan(m): 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
abduldope: jazakal'llahu KaiRan on this THread!!!
pls i am a muslim bt confused on some questions,mind if u highlyt me (1) what do qur'an said abt TaTTOO ? If its haram wt abt TRIBAL Marks
Narrated 'Aun bin Abu Juhaifa:My father bought a slave who practiced the profession of cupping.(My father broke the slave's instruments of cupping).I asked my father why he had done so.He replied,'The Prophet forbade the acceptance of the price of a dog or blood,and also forbade the profession of tattooing,getting tattooed and receiving or giving Riba,(usury),and cursed the picture-makers.' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Sales and Trade, Volume 3, Book 34, Number 299)

Narrated 'Abdullah:Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs,and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful,and such women as change the features created by Allah.Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet has cursed? And that is in Allah's Book. i.e. His Saying:'And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).' (Surah Al-Hashr 59:7) (Translation of Sahih Bukhari,Dress,Volume 7,Book 72,Number 815)
(2) i heard sm1 telln anoda that if u bleed during fasting that makes ur fasting INVALID,then hw about if u got injured mistakinly i.e Razor cut, niddle or miss of step (fell down)
It depends,if the cut is a deep one and the person is losing a lot of blood due to the cut,then it invalidates his fasting.But if it's just a small blood like that of razor or pin,your fast is still intact.
(3) what did qur'an say about listining to music during Fasting
Music is haram in Islam,be it during ramadan or when there's not ramadan.It's better to listen to the recitation of the Quran.
(4) what did qur'an said about using freebrowsing (cheat) during fasting
I don't know o,funny question.
(5) do stealing break Fasting
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Yazid Al-Ansari:The Prophet forbade robbery (taking away what belongs to others without their permission),and alsoforbade mutilation (or maiming) of bodies.(Translation of Sahih Bukhari,Oppressions,Volume 3, Book 43, Number 654)
(6) about lowering ur gaze on women wt is the consequence if u look more than 3 tyms during fasting....... May ALLah reward u as u reply me
I am not really sure about this,but it's better to lower one's gaze[Surah An-Nur 24:30] and Allah knows best.....Peace

3 Likes

Re: Knowing The Value Of Nawafil (Voluntary Religious Acts) by Occurstaem(m): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
Jazakumullah khairan for the person who open this thread.
I am grateful.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Ruling Concerning A Husband Calling His Wife "Ummuh" ? / Prohibition Of Spying And Prying Into People's Life / Punctuality In Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.