Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? (27795 Views)

Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by dabrake(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yes!!!
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Teeboy06(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
Give me her contact and lets see if i can marry her,then she will survive
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by DrDoGood1(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
tellwisdom:

Seriously?? you mean those people dont eat and drink beer??..That 50k is for my beer and nkwobi. Chai embarassed

Even Oga Seun was surviving with only 35k sometimes last year when nairaland was engulf with fire and burn down completely and he was left with nothing, thank God nairaland is back, I even donated some money when they were building nairaland back.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by nolio(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
Wetin concern me 4 inside wetin no concern me. If she like make N130k no do am, na her OP. As 4 me, my salary na N2k and i dey save 90% of it. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by ddayor: 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
What a Question!!...go out there and see people surviving with less than 50k.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Policewoman(f): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yes she can survive. Her salary is even a little more like mine and i have a family. Moreover she can make extra income by selling handouts.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
@OP. You gatta be kidding me.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by RedLight1: 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Freiburger:

You forgot you need to make money first before paying taxes. Nigerian government won't bother taxing the citizens because it is a parallel society,
everybody pays tax in Nigeria, unelse u are jobless or still living under someone. the difference is, we dont pay tax for shitting in our own toilets or the oxygen we breathe, all those unnecessary nonsense taxes grin

the government on one lane and the masses on another lane.
that's what u made yourself to believe in political line, so i can't change your thought. but dont forget, the government is also from the masses.

I rather pay high taxes for good roads, quality education for my kids, clean drinking water, constant electricity supply, and a perfect pension scheme....
this is exactly the mentality i always talk about. some of u will rather pay tax into a country built by other people for their citizens, obey their laws, live gently. but invade tax here in Nigeria, break simple traffic law, live like they are above the law in Nigeria, and they want the country to become Dubai overnight. if every american or english had that mentality, will there country become this powerful?. By the way, Not every Nigerian roads are bad.(the ratio of good roads is more than the bad ones). if there is no clean water, every Nigerians would be dead by now of cholera or typhoid. electricity has improved, u can use the unnecessary tax u pay in uk to get other source of energy if u are not satisfied with the supply at the moment and still save some cash in the end. and to u no perfect pension scheme in Nigeria? when was the last time u visited nigeria?

As for the discrimination, any Nigerian will be discriminated against when they the try to disply the some of the weak and shamful education that is offered to them by their greedy government as soon as they cross the boarder not only in the UK.
how does this make sense? Nigeria is the only country with bad education in the world? please re read this again and tell me the sense i can make of it.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by ibkgab001: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
,ah thatis big lie who survived with 20k except those gateman that turn there office to bedroom at night and when going hom on weekends would treak half of lagos to there slum area grin see life in lagos should start with nothing less than 200k
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by danny301: 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
tellwisdom:

You want to rob me?? Abi u wan force your sis for my head?? sad

Lol, am not a thief and my sisters are happily married....
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by sambiyi(m): 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
If she is nt a learner abt financianl prudence,she will save and give out monet to families and friends#gbam#
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by omoerelu1: 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
@op, i really do not mean to be rude but i think u are asking the wrong question. The right question should be 'who wants to swap wit my sister?'. Then u will get very good answers. U think 130k per month is small abi? Many ppl earn far less than that.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by mko2005: 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
Akin-David:
What! You don't mean it..when a family man is maintaining his family with 40% of that. You need to set your priorities right and keep improving on yourself with your meagre resources, with God on one's side that #130k will soon be a tithe. Believe.
I LOVE THE BOLDED !

GOD HELP US

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by tellwisdom: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
Dr. Do Good:

Even Oga Seun was surviving with only 35k sometimes last year when nairaland was engulf with fire and burn down completely and he was left with nothing, thank God nairaland is back, I even donated some money when they were building nairaland back.

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by mko2005: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
omo.erelu:
@op, i really do not mean to be rude but i think u are asking the wrong question. The right question should be 'who wants to swap wit my sister?'. Then u will get very good answers. U think 130k per month is small abi? Many ppl earn far less than that.
True talk !

God help us
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Freiburger(m): 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
Red-Light:
everybody pays tax in Nigeria
At what rate? 0.5%? and where are the facilities to show for them? look, i've got no time for all this blind arguments.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by mko2005: 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
Most people earn far less than 130k in Lagos but want's to live far more than that.Only God knows why !

Your sister can live 'comfortably'well with 130k in any part of Nigeria !

God help us
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
PDPwayoo:

It all depends on the cost of renting house or apartment. If she rent house of 20K to 30K she can survive............. but if she rent house of 80K to 100K, she will not survive.

The advise is sew ur coat according to ur cloth/garment/material not size. U can not sew according to ur size if u have very big body and got small clothe or garment.

Wow,are there still houses of 20k-30k in Lagos!!! even 80k hmm dis is serious!Here in Portharcout the cheapest house is 120,000 per annum!
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by mindtricks: 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
I think it's possible. Funny enough, thousands of Nigerian graduates are being paid even much less than half of that (some as permanent contract staff) by companies that are yet financially bouyant, with this air of "you should be grateful", "there are still many willing jobless ones out there", etc and they expect you to be fine with that.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by jay2k(m): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
tellwisdom: 130k, na money for beer abi money for perfume?? sad
pepl like u neva c 130k wey dey togeda b4 i swear cos if u ve,i tink u wount sound dis way hw much is ur parents salary,yet dey trained u,anyway dat is if u recieved any trainin cos u dont sound lik u did.cos even dat class wey u dey dea dey claim nw dont sound dis way cos dey kno wat it means to mak money.for ur mind nw u b big boy ,,so make u ask nw weda na for perfume aby na for spirit,,imbesil....@ miss lecture,, y dat amount no go do u?? cos of say u cam back from u.k.??..hw much be ur salary after ur taxes for u.k,,,families for dat same lagos dey recieve less dan 100k yet dey r livin ok,cos dey had to plane demselves well havin d knowlege of d coun3 dey r into,, som no even get job...u dey dea dey ask stupid questions u wan make we begin hail u nw say u dey classy untosay u dey consider weda 130k per mont go do u...if im no go do u resing d job nd go bak to u.k nw....mtcheeeewwww rubish...come !! dey use ur head finally ooo for d kind of thread wey u go dey open hea for discussion...i don tell u ooo

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yes you can survive with that.
Oui vous povez survivre a cela.
O yea jyou can survive with that baby.
Obu ezia na iga emenwu ya.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Odunharry(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
ct)(:
My advice for her is to get a bag of cassava flakes and kulikuli
U c wat I'm saying,americanised english.......it gari noT cassava flakes.."LOl

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by tellwisdom: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
jay2k: pepl like u neva c 130k wey dey togeda b4 i swear cos if u ve,i tink u wount sound dis way hw much is ur parents salary,yet dey trained u,anyway dat is if u recieved any trainin cos u dont sound lik u did.cos even dat class wey u dey dea dey claim nw dont sound dis way cos dey kno wat it means to mak money.for ur mind nw u b big boy ,,so make u ask nw weda na for perfume aby na for spirit,,imbesil....@ miss lecture,, y dat amount no go do u?? cos of say u cam back from u.k.??..hw much be ur salary after ur taxes for u.k,,,families for dat same lagos dey recieve less dan 100k yet dey r livin ok,cos dey had to plane demselves well havin d knowlege of d coun3 dey r into,, som no even get job...u dey dea dey ask stupid questions u wan make we begin hail u nw say u dey classy untosay u dey consider weda 130k per mont go do u...if im no go do u resing d job nd go bak to u.k nw....mtcheeeewwww rubish...come !! dey use ur head finally ooo for d kind of thread wey u go dey open hea for discussion...i don tell u ooo

My guy, there is no point crying cos i wont listen to you but advise you to work hard and make more money. As you dey write sef, i cld deduce the bitterness and OWU syndrome blowing u. Sorry enh sad
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
9jadelta: lwkm, u dey compare abuja to lagos. house rent alone for lagos go send you back go village. unelse she wan live like average lagosian she go need 130k or less. but for a decent lagosian she go need up to 250k

I don't know what d rent is like in lagos, but I know that food is cheaper there and rent in abuja is not funny at all! Even if you stay in the surburbs! Also transportation in abuja is mad! Especially with the ban on commercial buses...

So the 'average lagosian' is not 'decent'?!
*jotting down salient points*
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by hunkydory(m): 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
How many workers in lagos earn that much.If she can not manage it then she better stay back in the UK until she gets something better.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by lifestyle1(m): 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
It all depends on the area she intend to stay.

rough brake down

Accommodation = 15k per month

Food = 15k per month

Transportation 15k per month

Electricity/generator - 20k per month she is used to uninterrupted power grin

Water- 5k per month

waste disposal 5k per month

laundry = 5k per month

car maintenance = 10k per month

Internet = 5k per month

Cable TV = 10k per month

General Repairs = 10k per month

miscellaneous = 15k per month

Total = 130,000 per month

T.A.X =

She's coming from UK where the system works by default but unfortunately she need to provide everything she wants by her self down here. she will need to make the system work for her by force.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by RedLight1: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
Freiburger:
At what rate? 0.5%? and where are the facilities to show for them? look, i've got no time for all this blind arguments.
lol, have heard u. infact Nigerians live in dumpster. our education is so poor we still live in caves. we even drink our own piss and from gutter.. smh for foreign man. i don't have time for blind arguments either,
. but next time, say something u can defend aii?

one love brah
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by POSIBILITY(m): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
YES she can survive well with 130k a month. All she needs to do is to cut her coat according to cloth in all ramifications.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by POSIBILITY(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
YES she can survive well with 130k a month. All she needs to do is to cut her coat according to her cloth in all ramifications.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
Policewoman: Yes she can survive. Her salary is even a little more like mine and i have a family. Moreover she can make extra income by selling handouts.

Of course you can survive with that. After all you @policewoman also collect #50 naira/per bus, ejegun from bus drivers at your checkpoint.

So at the end of the month, your are swimming in money.

50* 2000 buses= 100,000 naira

If you add 100,000 naira to your 130,000 naira monthly salary = 230,000 naira

You make 230,000 naira monthly

Abeg, I wan buy police formgringringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Rocktation(f): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
It seems to be a common fallacy to conclude that Lagos is expensive, just because the life's fast or whatidon'tknow. Lagos isn't New york. Prices of foods, rent and a whole lot more, are nothing compared to what they go for in many eastern and south-western states. The only thing that might drain the cash in a way that a lot of other states woulnd't, is the t-fare.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by fred04(m): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
BRiNG D MONEY MAKE I EXPERIMENT ON AM. AM A QUANTISED ENTITY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Small Things You Should Do To Be Successful / What Have You Heard Concerning Male Nurses / How Much Does A Veterinary Doctor Earns In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.