Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? (27774 Views)

Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by wwwkaycom(m): 3:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
I want to believe that the OP is an employer of labour in Lagos, if this is TRUE, the question is how many of his/her workers earn 130k a month. My friend, an HND and PGD holder who works in Dangote Industries, I mean the company owned by the richest blackman on earth earns less than 70k a month and he's surviving with his 3 kids and a wife, a UNILORIN trained educationist who earns just 20k in a private school in Lagos. That lady must be a PhD holder to have secured a 130k lecturing job as a fresher self, average wage in Lagos is far lower than that, cheers!

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
Lordave: If you are living in Banana Iceland, No!
Its called an island dumb ass!!!
And for a lady with 4X4.. She no need worry. In 2months she will find an alhaji *
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by DonPedro21(m): 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by ibiso1986: 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
luvola: if i can survive 19.8k nysc allowance only (( no state allowance) and toward the expiration of my service last month bought a laptop and still able to save 92k , i wonder how she cant have a substantial amount of saving with 130k per month..wish i can have that kind of offer.. I dey find work oo...
that's nice.. But if say u dey serve for calabar main town like me, na the money for they save u, not u saving it.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Ogadtop(m): 4:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
what a question!
130k is not amount to be delibrated on.if well spent,she will still have savings of not less than 30k a month.even guys that go clubing and stil womanize spend 100k monthly and still live a decent and normal life.she should stay back in queen's land and look for 5000 pounds pay a month.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
Rolly83:

Wow,are there still houses of 20k-30k in Lagos!!! even 80k hmm dis is serious!Here in Portharcout the cheapest house is 120,000 per annum!

Im telling u per month u r talking per year. Is only Nigeria u pay for 2 years in the whole world. Maximum in many countries 2 or 3 months.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
tellwisdom:

You want to rob me?? Abi u wan force your sis for my head?? sad
Are you a sadist All your comments I've seen on this forum made me frown.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Kessythegeek(m): 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Vanneni: Are you a sadist All your comments I've seen on this forum made me frown.
heey vani
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nosyke(m): 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ Op abi na him sister, some of us were trained in school down to the university level from a combined salary of less than 100K from both parents.We were fed well and other sundry responsibilities were met by our parents,

So, for a single lady that money should be more than enough for you in Lagos and with good savings by the side too.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Sike(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
No. If you really don't wanna surviv.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by KDULAR: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yes irrespective of where you stay. Use small generator (650-1000 watts) eat home cooked meals at least 2ce daily, Change her vehicle to a not more than 1.6 litre engine, Subscribe to startimes, internet and phone calls less than 8 k monthly better to even be on bb, choices of dress based on neatness, fitting and anyother thing rather than to impress cost wise, and behave like someone just starting life at least for 1 year. She should be having and average of 35k savings monthly.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by tellwisdom: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
Vanneni: Are you a sadist All your comments I've seen on this forum made me frown.

I get business with u?? angry
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
Kessythegeek: heey vani
Helleerrr! smiley
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Lordave: 6:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
uba okeke:
Its called an island dumb ass!!!
And for a lady with 4X4.. She no need worry. In 2months she will find an alhaji *

Are you for real
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by osymary: 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
bros 4get, if she be real naija, i mean wt naija blood, maka chukwu oga a survive kwa ooo. man no die, man no rotten
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Burger01(m): 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
Smdh!

So many Nlanders said some peeps they know earn an average of 55k and yet can survive with a family of 4! Damn. I won't buy into that. Have you guyz considered 4x4 maintenance and proximity to work place? I mean, you drive 4x4 to office of about 40km daily round trip, you pay rent of 15k monthly (won't believe a returnee from uk with 4x4 would leave in a shanty of 15k in Lagos! Not in Ilesha ba) and still you wanna survive on 55k! Oh please abeg talk something attainable.

@op, on 130k monthly you can still manage to keep afloat without begging. It would take self discipline and God's grace for you to have some personal savings from this take home..

Goodluck.

sad
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by waja(m): 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
dt02: 3rd to comment,
I dey com!
. Take your anti psycotic drugs before coming back.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by EFejoJO(m): 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
If that's HER Problem , then SHE Doesn't Have any Problem
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by Acidosis(m): 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
Survive? as in?
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by pek(m): 8:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
9jadelta: lwkm, u dey compare abuja to lagos. house rent alone for lagos go send you back go village. unelse she wan live like average lagosian she go need 130k or less. but for a decent lagosian she go need up to 250k
you say this because you have not lived in Abuja! ask anyone that has lived in the two cities and he will tell you that a three bedroom flat in abuja will rent three of its type in lagos!
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by ray502(m): 8:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
Freiburger: Is life in the UK so bad that people are now considering returing home for peanuts? lipsrsealed
is 130k peanuts? na wa oh...
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by bigtt76(f): 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Make she avoid the following places

1. The Place and other cozy joints
2. Shoprite etc ...patronize the real markets in Lagos
3. Go with BRT or LagBus
4. Avoid long distance phone calls use Viber
5. Avoid BlackBerry z10, Q10 etc look for better quality but cheap Android phones
6. Avoid 'big boys' popping things.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by MacLovington(m): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
Cuzz: remember that many live in slums in UK,so let her tell us wat she earns and her monthly savings after tax in UK. There are à lot of people who will take d nxt available flight to Lagos frm UK to grab the job,nt all that glitters are gold.

What you call slums in the UK is what is highbrow in Lagos. All the so-called UK slums have 24-hour water and light, family doctor a few blocks away, a major hospital with A & E within a couple of miles at most and all treatment completely free. Your kids can also have free education and still get some change as child benefit weekly. In the event of a medical emergency, an ambulance should reach you under 10 minutes.

Not saying Europe is paradise BUT the system works here, not Naija where a few privileged people come to brag about how rich are or how they flex.

Oh Michael Chinda has just been flown abroad, obviously those who can afford it have no faith in anything in Naija.

No amount of superficial display of patriotism while embezzling money wherever you can is able to disguise it.

Now to the topic:
that chick should save up and buy an appartment in Lagos first. Unless she has a PhD and she can progress to a higher position/pay after some years of work experience.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by EreluY(f): 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
[size=14pt]Thanks for all your comments and reactions, etc. The baby of the family is returning to Nigeria from the UK because following the successful completion of her PhD, she has so far not been able to land a suitable job. Far too many PhDers chasing the same jobs in and out of the academia. Besides, she has no Indefinite or Permanent Leave to Remain visa stamp on her passport, which currently makes it difficult for non-EU citizens to secure jobs. More importantly, her visa is fast running out, and she's not going to break any immigration rules.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by nenergy(m): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
WinnieDPooh: What is it with all these first and second to comment peeps on NL Any award for you guys? tongue

The thing tire me o! I even opened a thread about it.

1st To Comment Syndrome On Nairaland -
https://www.nairaland.com/1154176/1st-comment-syndrome-nairaland
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by FBIolalusi(m): 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
Erelu_Y: Our baby of the family is returning to Lagos from the UK and the lecturing job on offer pays around ₦130,000 per month. Can a single person used to UK lifestyle survive on this income in today's Lagos? If so, how? She's not extravagant but lives a basic, decent lifestyle: no partying, clubbing, etc, (her only weakness is she likes and does have a nice 4 x 4 which suits Naija's bad roads), just a typical acada girl. Your contributions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Ofcourse shhe will.
Why wont she..... I used to earn abt that during the IBPLC days..... and trust me... I had enuf to stilll flirt with Amaka and Tani. She jst has to plan herself.
Yu knw work takes away ur weekdays...so aside fuel u dnt spend a lot. So she shd be able to save a 45k monthly....till she starts selling textbooks to students grin grin grin
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by FBIolalusi(m): 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
Erelu_Y: [size=14pt]Thanks for all your comments and reactions, etc. The baby of the family is returning to Nigeria from the UK because following the successful completion of her PhD, she has so far not been able to land a suitable job. Far too many PhDers chasing the same jobs in and out of the academia. Besides, she has no Indefinite or Permanent Leave to Remain visa stamp on her passport, which currently makes it difficult for non-EU citizens to secure jobs. More importantly, her visa is fast running out, and she's not going to break any immigration rules.[/size]

But Erelu....hold on oooo. Can I meet her.... nothing oooo just friends. ... you sure trust me dont you?? grin
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by SaintChukz(m): 11:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
Na wa oh...The baby of the house and already a Phd Holder and you still want us to be taking decisions for her? Well is she going to be eating a full COW every month? If YES...then that 130k is just about the amount of a matured cow oh...But If NO...and maybe if she prefers something within the size of Bonga/Dry fish..then she should be able to cope well with the 130k/month.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by greggng: 12:00am On Jul 14, 2013
i think she should get a house close to where she wanna teach. that way she can save herself the cost of fueling that car..If her work place is close to ikeja, i will suggest she rent a mini flat at gowon estate. here there is 22hours light .I havent ran my gen since i came in here 2 years ago.That amount will be okay for her is she is prudent.Again good security unlike were i leaved at okooba where robbers drove me away.Again she can lecture in other schools too to add up to her salary. i have lecturers in my school that does that and they have family with them.
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by chukxie(m): 12:24am On Jul 14, 2013
Thousands of married folks with kids survive on less the amount your sister is going to be earning. I'm astound at the question you posited. Best of luck to your sister!
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by bibiking7(m): 12:30am On Jul 14, 2013
Erelu_Y: [size=14pt]Thanks for all your comments and reactions, etc. The baby of the family is returning to Nigeria from the UK because following the successful completion of her PhD, she has so far not been able to land a suitable job. Far too many PhDers chasing the same jobs in and out of the academia. Besides, she has no Indefinite or Permanent Leave to Remain visa stamp on her passport, which currently makes it difficult for non-EU citizens to secure jobs. More importantly, her visa is fast running out, and she's not going to break any immigration rules.[/size]

[size=14pt]the way i see it, with you here already laying her naija bed for her before she comes back. Plus, she is the baby of the house of a family that we dont know how large or how wealthy. That girl is not coming here to earn 130k jor. more like 200k with your family support. 130k, official salary, 70k, family ayag. grin grin ereluuuuuu, why you dey whine us na..... na wa for you o.[/size]
Re: Can Someone Survive On ₦130,000 Monthly In Lagos? by MacLovington(m): 1:27am On Jul 14, 2013

Erelu, thanks for the clarification. Without being an EU citizen it is difficult. I was going to suggest Australia/Canada/US (if she was a British national). Just to get some post-doc experience maybe in a reputable lab (assuming she's a scientist). It's very important to get some international post-doc stuff these days. Young PhDs do it here and many later secure good UK jobs from abroad and return. Never underestimate the power of networking in the academic community.

On a lighter note, last year a friend of mine was looking for a nice lady to settle down with. That would have sorted the ILR issue being a British-born Naija-bred eko boy. He's a nice well-educated and a very academic kinda guy. He has hooked up with one acada chick since.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How Okada Man Saved Her From Embarrassment In Lagos / What Have You Heard Concerning Male Nurses / Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.