Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,743 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu (6459 Views)

Senate Reveals Mtn’s N300bn Proposal As Settlement For Fine / Sheriff Still Under N300bn Borno Allocation Probe –EFCC / Dangote To Build N300bn Fertilizer Plant In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 13, 2013
The Federal Government and China have initiated over N300 billion agreements to be handled by some Chinese construction companies to extend the Keffi/Lafia dual carriageway through Markurdi to Oturkpo, down to Ninth Mile in Enugu State.

The two countries also concluded arrangement through external funding from the Chinese Export and Import Bank, for the completion of the East West Road project extension from Oron in Akwa Ibom State, down to Calabar in Cross River State.

The ministers of Works and Niger Delta, Mike Onolememen and Godsday Orubebe, revealed this to newsmen on the sideline of President Goodluck Jonathan’s state visit to Beijing, China.

Onolememen said the Nigerian government has had engagement with China Harbour Company, which had indicated interest in investing in the building of road infrastructures in the country on direct funding through the public private partnership opportunities made available by the Federal Government.

He said the Nigerian team was meeting with the Chinese Exim Bank having completed all documentation that the agreement would be reached today for the project to commence in earnest soon in Nigeria. Onolememen also said the project would help provide better access to that flank of the country especially between the North Central and the South Eastern parts of the nation.

According to him, China Harbour Engineering Limited would also participate in the public private partnership bid for the expansion and modernisation of the access road to Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/nigeria-china-agree-on-n300bn-keffi-lafia-road-extension-to-enugu/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by billante(m): 1:17am On Jul 13, 2013
This GEJ trip to china has really been fruitful and beneficial to his transformation agenda! His next port of call should be india!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by homesteady(m): 1:53am On Jul 13, 2013
In some months time, we will be reading GEJ commissions this, commissions that!!
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 13, 2013
billante: This GEJ trip to china has really been fruitful and beneficial to his transformation agenda! His next port of call should be india!

India? To dance or what?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by bloggernaija: 2:54am On Jul 13, 2013
To India to borrow more money.
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 13, 2013
All this borrowing from China....everything is good now till Nigeria skips two months of payment....next thing you will

see is Abuja i renamed....Xichang Yiliang.....and the emperor of Nigeria is pinyin xìngmíng unlike the U.S

and U.K..that has forgiven Nigeria billions of dollars worth of unpaid loans....China does not have a loan forgiveness

policy....if Nigeria doesn't pay the loans in time.....be prepare to be invaded....I dont know why you guys are so happy

of all this borrowing....its very easy to borrow money paying it back is the difficult part...good luck

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by nig2change: 3:19am On Jul 13, 2013
This trip is worth it. One trip so much investments.
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by ujoinme: 4:15am On Jul 13, 2013
am happy about the prospect of linking calabar to the east west road via oron. that will open up lots of possibilities.
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by awodman: 4:47am On Jul 13, 2013
Dp
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by awodman: 4:49am On Jul 13, 2013
Mike Onolememen is surely doing a great job on our roads....

Ehen...am happy about the planned PPP for the airport road...the process should be hastened up..
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Maxymilliano(m): 4:49am On Jul 13, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
All this borrowing from China....everything is good now till Nigeria skips two months of payment....next thing you will

see is Abuja i renamed....Xichang Yiliang.....and the emperor of Nigeria is pinyin xìngmíng unlike the U.S

and U.K..that has forgiven Nigeria billions of dollars worth of unpaid loans....China does not have a loan forgiveness policy....if Nigeria doesn't pay the loans in time.....be prepare to be invaded....I dont know why you guys are so happy of all this borrowing....its very easy to borrow money paying it back is the difficult part...good luck

It is 'free' loan as the interest rate is almost negligible, China offers concessionary interest rates and the repayment period is 20 years with 7 years moratorium on the agreed deals.

What should matter is utilizing the loan judiciously to serve its purpose and strict adherence to the repayment plan as agreed ...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by kunlekunle: 4:53am On Jul 13, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

and U.K..that has forgiven Nigeria billions of dollars worth of unpaid loans....China does not have a loan forgiveness

policy....if Nigeria doesn't pay the loans in time.....be prepare to be invaded....I dont know why you guys are so happy

of all this borrowing....its very easy to borrow money paying it back is the difficult part...good luck

you r damn right on that of forgiveness.
they say in china, when your enemy is down, strike him dead.
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by atlwireles: 5:00am On Jul 13, 2013
Maxymilliano:

It is 'free' loan as the interest rate is almost negligible, China offers concessionary interest rates and the repayment period is 20 years with 7 years moratorium on the agreed deals.

What should matter is utilizing the loan judiciously to serve its purpose and strict adherence to the repayment plan as agreed ...

The problem with utilization was solved, by awarding the contracts to Chinese companies that will be doing all this jobs. No need to award contracts to briefcase Nigerian contractors. They collect payment and nothing is done.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Nobody: 5:08am On Jul 13, 2013
atlwireles:

The problem with utilization was solved, by awarding the contracts to Chinese companies that will be doing all this jobs. No need to award contracts to briefcase Nigerian contractors. They collect payment and nothing is done.

Gbam! It seems GEJ, his economic team and the Chinese have all learnt the painful lessons of the past.
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by awodman: 5:13am On Jul 13, 2013
atlwireles:

You made sense bro!!!!!
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Maxymilliano(m): 6:05am On Jul 13, 2013
atlwireles:

Utilizing the fund is not same as getting the job done, what I meant earlier was getting good value for money (judicious utilization). Papalanto road was awarded to a Chinese construction company CCECC by Obasanjo in 2004, the road did not survive two raining season after completion.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 13, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Utilizing the fund is not same as getting the job done, what I meant earlier was getting good value for money (judicious utilization). Papalanto road was awarded to a Chinese construction company CCECC by Obasanjo in 2004, the road did not survive two raining season after completion.
shocked shocked That is absolutely ludacris! However, i would admit that Chinese engineering has improved in leaps in the last 9 years.
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Maxymilliano(m): 6:30am On Jul 13, 2013
CFCfan:
shocked shocked That is absolutely ludacris! However, i would admit that Chinese engineering has improved in leaps in the last 9 years.

I want to believe so Bro, the project is a massive one, and from additional report I read, " There is a second group, the Chinese Road Construction Company which is interested in providing the access road to Lekki Free Trade Zone and deep sea port that will come with a bridge, which could be termed the fifth mainland bridge and will cross the lagoon to Ikorodu which is in itself over a billion dollars project".

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307120372.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by edoyad(m): 7:20am On Jul 13, 2013
Do we still need foreigners to construct roads? What's so hard in tarring the floor? I still don't understand this road thing
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by dridowu: 8:24am On Jul 13, 2013
Billions everywhere , yet nothing to show 4 it
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by billante(m): 8:47am On Jul 13, 2013
The ministers in GEJ cabinet dat is really pushing his transformation agenda is in this order

Min of trade nd investment
Min of finance
Min of agriculture
Min of aviation
Min of works
Min of transportation

Average ones
Min of solid mines&steel
Min of power
Min of education
Min of labour

Pls do we actually have ministers manning the following ministries
Min of science and technology
Min of housing of urban dev
Min of tourism
Min of water resources
Min of environment?

The above mentioned should pls tender their resignation letters go home and save tax payers money cause they have been caught sleeping on the bicycle.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by billante(m): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2013
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by taharqa2: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2013
Maxymilliano:

I want to believe so Bro, the project is a massive one, and from additional report I read, " There is a second group, the Chinese Road Construction Company which is interested in providing the access road to Lekki Free Trade Zone and deep sea port that will come with a bridge, which could be termed the fifth mainland bridge and will cross the lagoon to Ikorodu which is in itself over a billion dollars project".

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307120372.html
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by asha80(m): 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
until i see completed enugu onitsha highway,enugu ph highway and work going on on second niger bridge i would not believe this story.
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by taharqa2: 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
billante: The ministers in GEJ cabinet dat is really pushing his transformation agenda is in this order

Min of trade nd investment
Min of finance
Min of agriculture
Min of aviation
Min of works
Min of transportation

Average ones
Min of solid mines&steel
Min of power
Min of education
Min of labour

Pls do we actually have ministers manning the following ministries
Min of science and technology
Min of housing of urban dev
Min of tourism
Min of water resources
Min of environment?

The above mentioned should pls tender their resignation letters go home and save tax payers money cause they have been caught sleeping on the bicycle.
Lol.... Really, one has just got to ask if we have a Min of Science and Technology in Naija. BUT, I think you have to remove d Min of Water Resources from the Category of 'do little Ministers', cos that Ministry have done very very Impressive (emphasis on d word, very) work in the last 3 years, in Resuscitating many Major long-dead Dams across the country (esp, in d north) and the building of new ones, as well as d resuscitation of River Basins across d nation. That Ministry honestly need to do more work in publicizes what they are doing cos almost no one (including until recently, myself) know nothing about d really Significant work they have done/are doing in that section...... I agree completely with yr 1st Category though. Those are obviously d Best of d lot. With d Min of Agric my favourite..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by billante(m): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
taharqa2: Lol.... Really, one has just got to ask if we have a Min of Science and Technology in Naija. BUT, I think you have to remove d Min of Water Resources from the Category of 'do little Ministers', cos that Ministry have done very very Impressive (emphasis on d word, very) work in the last 3 years, in Resuscitating many Major long-dead Dams across the country (esp, in d north) and the building of new ones, as well as d resuscitation of River Basins across d nation. That Ministry honestly need to do more work in publicizes what they are doing cos almost no one (including until recently, myself) know nothing about d really Significant work they have done/are doing in that section...... I agree completely with yr 1st Category though. Those are obviously d Best of d lot. With d Min of Agric my favourite..

Really? Haven't heard much about dat ministry.....That ministry was very vibrant when murtala shagari son of shehu shagari was the minister!

All those small small dams we hav should be installed with turbines! If most of them can be generating at least 10 mega watts of electricity each, they will go a long way in improving the power situation while also irrigating thousands of hectares of farmland.
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Alxmyr(m): 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
Good move, hope it starts from Abuja route.
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by taharqa2: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2013
By d way, this is NOT a loan but a PPP arrangement for these roads...
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by fitzmayowa: 10:37am On Jul 14, 2013
GEJ on point on this one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2013
Is this one of the benefits of GEJ's trip to China? If so, e good o!
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2013
All I want is development,if we can't pay back,let them takes oil in return.I want my country to be develop.even it has to take us borrowing from d whole world I don't mind.
Re: Nigeria, China Agree On N300bn Keffi-Lafia Road Extension To Enugu by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2013
Alxmyr: Good move, hope it starts from Abuja route.
My dear Abuja is nt d only com in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking news!!! Military Coup Removes Buhari As Comander In Chief Of The.... / Reply To Chinua Achebe's There Was A Country. By Alabi Isama. / Meet The Greek Man Who Missed The Ethiopian Airlines Flight That Crashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.