Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? (30988 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by yunfazz: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
With regards to the media, Nigeria appears to be coming up…. But in the course of the evolution, what haven’t we seen? At some point Galaxy TV (Lagos) presenters were sitting on stools and a certain cameraman was funny enough to show the full shot of a presenter who had removed one of his legs from his palm slippers and had put it on the adjoining legs of the stool…hehehe! Take note, they don’t sit on stools anymore though…*big smile.

Some other newscasters will not just cease to amaze us with their dressing…and the reporters? Oh, goodness! ... funny accents, pronunciations and of course, names. AIT is particularly known for uniquely-named reporters.

Some other television stations have just one background with which almost all their programmes are presented…one brown curtain here in a particular local NTA station comes to mind. Others steal sports highlights from stations like Supersports in such a way that even a baby will recognize that there is something fishy about the absurd information covering the top of the television screen where the Supersports logo would originally have been.

What’s more, some television stations start airing interesting movies that they never complete; they just cut the movie short without any apology and slot in programmes upon programmes until it dawns on you that they have no plans of allowing you to see the conclusion of the movie. And talk about the repetition of the same movies over and over again…

Lest I sound judgemental, I think these stations are actually improving by the day but really…which is your worst Nigerian TV station

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/07/worst-nigerian-tv-station.html

Twitter @tutubranch

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by ckkris: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
NTA

7 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by nerodenero: 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
MITV.They only employ old and ugly-looking presenters.Aside this,they lack good programmes.

7 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
It has to be Channels, then silverbird. NTA too.

Why? Their picture quality is so so poor.
And for a person like me; once the picture is not clear, I'm not interested in anything they wanna communicate.

NTA has improved in picture quality anyway (not excellent), but still lacks good programmes.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 14, 2013
1. NTA

2. NTA

3. NTA

That Television Channel is an embarrassment to Nigeria as a nation.

66 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by dwkoko(m): 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
NTA, they really need to upgrade in their picture quality and even in their sounds also, I find it very difficult to watch network news cos of their picture quality, not that its too poor, but for the number of years they've been existing, they should do beta.
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by UjSizzle(f): 8:45am On Jul 16, 2013
NTA!! bloooody useless uhf station.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by UjSizzle(f): 8:47am On Jul 16, 2013
speedyboi: It has to be Channels, then silverbird. NTA too.

And for a person like me; once the picture is not clear, I'm not interested in anything they wanna communicate.

NTA has improved in picture quality anyway (not excellent), but still lacks good programmes.
Channels n STV's picture quality is poor? Dude what tv do you use??

56 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Channels n STV's picture quality is poor? Dude what tv do you use??

Yes, they are. Almost all Nigerian local TV stations lack good picture quality except AIT!

I use LED TV.

7 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by hrykanu231(m): 1:01am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by victor5149: 1:03am On Jul 18, 2013
I love my radio!!

5 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by sadlas(m): 1:03am On Jul 18, 2013
speedyboi:

Yes, they are. Almost all Nigerian local TV stations lack good picture quality except AIT!

I use LED TV.
o boy your eyes no good oh

21 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by zoomzu(f): 1:04am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by lacasa: 1:05am On Jul 18, 2013
FrostyZonn: 1. NTA

2. NTA

3. NTA

That Television Channel is an embarrassment to Nigeria as a nation.

May yr days be Long smiley

10 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by OCcool: 1:06am On Jul 18, 2013
NSTV Minna. A very boring and useless station, followed by NTA

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by EmekaAfrica(m): 1:06am On Jul 18, 2013
Lest I sound judgemental, I think these stations are actually improving by the day but really…which is your worst Nigerian TV station

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/07/worst-nigerian-tv-station.html
[/quote]

In FIRST Position.....NTA...u guys can never be rivaled...you are in your own world
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Coming a distant second is MITV....Must-I-TV?na by force?

5 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 18, 2013
All of them ni o, if ure sooo used to watching CNN and Aljazerra u'll knw all these our channels r jst dere. Even CCTV beta pass them.
But the worst TV stations in 9ja are as follows: MITV,AIT,NTA,OGTV,Galaxy,Silverbird even the overhyped Channels sef.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by xynerise: 1:07am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA 10 and their missing person notice and obituary don tire me

15 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Dermie: 1:07am On Jul 18, 2013
DSTV...grin
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA..........RSTV............MINAJ

1 Like

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by tripleaa: 1:09am On Jul 18, 2013
speedyboi: It has to be Channels, then silverbird. NTA too.

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by kilmix: 1:12am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA Katsina, NTA Iruekpen(Edo) NTA Amukpe(Delta)

And the Award goes to...

NTA

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 18, 2013
Y is no one mentioning OGTV
Galaxy TV
MITV
NTA
STV

I stopped watching/seeing local stations as far back as 2006..(No forming) but as at den,

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by sapien(m): 1:19am On Jul 18, 2013
In Port Harcourt, it's Rivers state television- The clueless Tv station advertises burial and missing children for 6hours everday.

In Lagos, it's Mitv- So dry and boring; broadcasts all programmes from Etv on Dstv.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 18, 2013
It has to be NTA.
However, my best is Channels. Their picture/audio quality, and d brilliance of their anchors is 2nd to none in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:22am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA and all it's smaller units Nationwide.. To think that after the government pumped so much money into them, upgrading g their facilities from analogue to digital, they still have poor picture quality, poor programming, poor presenters, poor coverage and poor network coverage..

NTA can't even broadcast matches played in their stations let alone on the Nation. During Nigeria 99, foreign TV stations had better coverage of matches compared to NTA which was the host broadcaster and had priority rights.

Also.. All state owned TV stations as well.. They are all utterly useless.. angry a waste of public funds.

In summary, the government should sell off these stations and focus on other things..

8 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by astOorR(m): 1:27am On Jul 18, 2013
Of cause, ABS, NTA...et al
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by Olamyyde(m): 1:31am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA-nobody even watches the channel except people addicted to news

MITV-for showing wrestling

OGTV-for their stupid unplanned schedules i.e they can be showing a football match live and then they interrupt it to show an advert or news

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by babseg(m): 1:32am On Jul 18, 2013
NTA Nigeria angry
Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by ilduce(m): 1:35am On Jul 18, 2013
AKBC TV

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:37am On Jul 18, 2013
B.C.O.S,
O.S.B.C !!!
U go fear!!!

15 Likes

Re: Which Is Your Worst Nigerian TV Station? by 190: 1:40am On Jul 18, 2013
what the hell is AIT and NTA or siliver bird

here in america where i live we ent got stations like that

we got channel 7, amc's, maraton, CNN cable news network

goosh Nigerian's y'all should revolt and burn your stations or better still come to america

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BBNaija: Nina's Sister Cries Out “My Sister Is Being Used By Miracle Fans" / Pete Edochie To Feature In 'The Pledge', A Prince UC Ingawa Movie (Photos) / Yousef Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.