Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools (664 Views)

Gov. Tambuwal Meets Shagari,Promises To Build More Schools In Sokoto(photos) / VIDEO: Boko Haram Releases Video, To Attack More Schools / Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by SensibleMusa: 1:20am On Jul 14, 2013
The Boko Haram sect has denied entering into any ceasefire agreement with the Federal Government.

The group stated this in a new video by its leader, Abubakar Shekau. The video is available to AP and quoted by Huffington Post.

“We will not enter into any agreement with non-believers or the Nigerian government,” Mr. Shekau was quoted as saying in Hausa language.

Mr. Shekau’s statement contradicts that of the federal government.

The Minister of Special Duties and chairman of the presidential task force negotiating with the group, Kabiru Turaki, had said the group had agreed to a ceasefire with his committee. He said the ceasefire would soon be signed publicly with the group.

Mr. Turaki had, however, said his committee did not meet nor negotiate with Mr. Shekau directly, but negotiated with his deputy.

To burn more schools

Mr. Shekau also said in the video that his group was not responsible for killing of school children in Borno and Yobe States.

“We don’t touch small children, we only burn the schools,” he said. “Our religion does not permit us to touch small children and women, we don’t kill children.”

The sect leader’s claim tallies with that announced by Mr. Turaki, who said the sect told his committee that they were not responsible for the attack on a government secondary school in Mamudo. About 28 students and a teacher were killed when gunmen attacked the school, weeks after similar attacks in other parts of Yobe and Borno. Most of the Mamudo students were burnt alive, witnesses had said.

Mr. Shekau, however, said he supported the attacks on the schools and his sect would “burn down the schools, if they are not Islamic religious schools for Allah.”

The Boko Haram leader also said his sect would attack and kill teachers teaching western education.

Attacks by Boko Haram and gunmen have continued- although to a lesser degree, according to residents- in Borno and Yobe despite the declaration of a State of Emergency in the states by President Goodluck Jonathan almost two months ago.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-denies-ceasefire-fg-threatens-burn-more-schools-premium-times
Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by scribble: 3:53am On Jul 14, 2013
first to comment. Lord let this reach front page. My enemies must see me shining.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 14, 2013
And who said there was a ceasefire agreement in the first instance? Believe FG at your own risk undecided But come boko-anumanu or whatever you call yourselves, the God of Elijah who answers with fire will be your guest soon angry
Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by bcomputer101: 5:11am On Jul 14, 2013
Observing!
Military zone!

I'm waiting for the 40-laptop members to say something.

KEEP OFF!
Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by Burger01(m): 5:50am On Jul 14, 2013
Good! We now see that those govt bastr.ards who claimed to have signed a phony ceasefire pact with these terrorists are nothing but buffoons.

sad
Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by Burger01(m): 5:52am On Jul 14, 2013
scribble: first to comment. Lord let this reach front page. My enemies must see me shining.
So you get enemies. No wonder you are 'first to comment' your stupidity.

sad
Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by Prowizy2(m): 6:20am On Jul 14, 2013
Even d great osama was killed.. Shekau ur days are numbered "blieve"
Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by LOUDmedia(m): 6:23am On Jul 14, 2013
Bunch of cowards, they are! BH my foot!
Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by nig2change: 6:25am On Jul 14, 2013
I am never in support of this cease fire arrangement. Military smoke them out.
Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by deijhi(m): 6:29am On Jul 14, 2013
may God help us in this country. Dis govt has failed in its primary duty which is to provide security for its citizens
Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by Bigcake: 7:48am On Jul 14, 2013
bcomputer101: Observing!
Military zone!

I'm waiting for the 40-laptop members to say something.

KEEP OFF!
How old are you?
Re: Boko Haram Denies Ceasefire With FG, Threatens To Burn More Schools by OAM4J: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2013

(1)

News From Lagos / Why Al-mustapha Came To See Me - T. B. Joshua / Opening Speech Of Senete Chairman Of Environmental And Ecology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.