Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School (11377 Views)

Usa Has More School In Western Nigeria To 27 Primary/sec By Nigeria / Boko Haram Give Reasons For Cease Fire / Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by fkaz(m): 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
The leader of the Nigerian Islamist militant group Boko Haram denied that it entered into a cease-fire agreement with the government and endorsed an attack last week on a school in northeast Yobe state.
Abubakar Shekau, in a video message sent to reporters today, denied claims by Nigerian Minister of Special Duties Kabiru Turaki this week that a cease-fire was reached on July 8 after talks with the group’s deputy leader, Mohammed Marwan.
“Let me assure you that we will not enter into any truce with these infidels,” Shekau said. “We will not enter into any truce with the Nigerian government.”

Boko Haram, whose name means “western education is a sin” in the Hausa language, has killed thousands of people in gun and bomb attacks since 2009 in the mainly Muslim north and Abuja in its campaign to establish an Islamic state in Africa’s largest oil producer. Nigeria’s more than 160 million people are roughly split between Christians, predominant in the south, and Muslims, mostly in the north.

The purported cease-fire came in effect two days after 20 students and a teacher were killed in an attack on a secondary school in the northeastern state of Yobe. Eli Lazarus, a spokesman for the joint military and police task force in Yobe, said the attack was probably carried out by Boko Haram.
“We believe in the massacre inflicted on the secondary school in Mamudo and Damaturu and other schools; we earlier warned that we are going to burn all schools,” Shekau said. “They are schools purposely built to fight Islam.”

Military Offensive
While Boko Haram doesn’t attack “children and young girls or old women,” he said, “teachers that teach Western education, we are supposed to kill them in the presence of their students.”
The military began an air and ground offensive against Boko Haram on May 16, two days after President Goodluck Jonathan imposed emergency rule in the northeastern states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa to step up the fight against the Islamist militants. The insurgents were taking over parts of Borno state, according to Jonathan.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-13/nigeria-s-boko-haram-denies-cease-fire.html
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by omiobo: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
This matter self don tire me. Today cease fire,tomorrow JTF kill boko haram commander.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by djeezy(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2013
I knew the cease fire pact was hoax and a big propaganda. When we cannot trust the government with our lives, I wonder why they think it would be easy for us to trust what they say. Just as I thought the government will exterminate the boko haram group and bring them to extinction, the government came up with the cease fire pact. In US, they do not negotiate with terrorists, Nigerian gov should take a leaf out of their book.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by imeller: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2013
More Problems
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by DIVINE78: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2013
#yaaaawwwwwnnnnnn!
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by osaroodion(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2013
this is mind game. did they think we didnt know. we nor be mumu. let him wait until his head is hung...bunch of f..ls
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2013
I've earlier read T̲̣̣̥HĨ̷̊S: on my fb page today and now wonder when an OP will bring up the story.Since I don't know how to start a thread,I would've started since.Meanwhile,after we've taught peace will gradually return to the North-East war zone,reverse is the case.What is the nxt line of action now?
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2013
boko haram winning the battle but losing the war
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by fitzmayowa: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2013
This rag heads again...well this is what you get for wanting peace with rag heads.....JTF kill them all

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Blazinraj01(f): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2013
These guys are enjoying the publicity the media keeps giving them. Its high time they are faced out of the media.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Sealeddeal(m): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2013
It is now very clear that stopping Boko Haram through dialogue is a wild goose chase. I think its better the Military and Civilian JTF step up action against Boko haram to either eliminate them or keep them at bay.i have always wished to be to core north one day but it seems i will drop the plan altogether as Boko haram are not leaving any stone unturned in their strategy against humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by jaymdee(m): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2013
Bearing in mind the closeness between the Yobe school massacre and the alleges ceasefire, I knew something wasn't right. IMO the demands of these daredevils still present them as a people of a dark race, a people we shouldn't have existed at same time with, a people set to drag as much sting of humanity to its doom pit.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 14, 2013
Coward. Hiding in a safe place while ordinary people suffer.

You will burn in hell, its a matter of time.
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 14, 2013
Blazinraj01: These guys are enjoying the publicity the media keeps giving them. Its high time they are faced out of the media.
simple
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Lordave: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2013
They are cowards if it's schools they have resorted to.
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Pataki: 11:06am On Jul 14, 2013
I made this quote on July 08 when the government of Jonathan brought out this lie about the ceasefire:

Pataki: What ceasefire - temporary or permanent?

Where was it signed? Who signed it on behalf of FG?

Who signed the agreement on behalf of Boko Haram?

Why is this foolish lie being spewed by Jonathan and his croonies?v

Does El-retardeen think all Nigerians are this gullible to believe the fanciful idiocy he is selling to Nigerians about Boko Haram?

Jona, I know you are too obtuse to get it, but here it is: Yourbeloved PDP is Boko Haram!!!

The government of Jonathan is all about lies. No honesty lies in the heart of Jonathan. This man is a curse to this country. Nigerians will be utterly foolish to believe every gobbledygook that spew forth from the Jonathan administration.

Jonathan is not ready nor committed to ending the Boko Haram menace.

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by launique: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2013
hmmmm
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by theozobby(m): 11:08am On Jul 14, 2013
The minister that announced the cease fire should be arrested for false alarm

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by canalily(m): 11:09am On Jul 14, 2013
Its ok naa. But remember that all the guns nd explosive you were using are made by western education your antagonist. One day you will go back on your shield nd nt with your shield.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by lifestyle1(m): 11:10am On Jul 14, 2013
i talk am
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by benchilovsky(m): 11:11am On Jul 14, 2013
No ceasefire!let them fight till the end...BH Will always lose....

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2013
Cowards!!
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Nnamdini(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2013
I'm not surprised at dis news.there's somtin pple dont understand abt boko haram.boko haram is a message while dey r many splinter groups carryin out such massage backd by powerful forces both internal & external.one splinter group may claim somtin(i.e ceasefire wit govt) while anoda wil counter it.this groups are scatterd mostly all over d northern part anr dey r loosely connected to each oda
bottomline,d war against terror is a very long one

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by omarky(m): 11:19am On Jul 14, 2013
Dis is a clear indication that the Federal government is not sincere with tthe whole amnesty programme. Why one earth will d FG annouced ceaced firm when dr is non. FG shud stop taking dd life and properties of d masses with levity........ And to d BH boiz, they will all rot in hell.
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 14, 2013
*yawns* i av always felt dat d CEASE FIRE stuff was a lie, but i dnt knw d reason y fg decided to lie to d people.. They r realy infidels.. Anyhw sha on a brighter note; hapi sunday peeps
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by Willgates(m): 11:21am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Denies Cease-fire With FG & Threatens To Burn More School by gerald09(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2013
I know all dem talk of cease fire was crap. Its now official, My fellow Nigerians we all now know who heads Boko Haram unless Boko Haram give up Shakau and 5 of its top leaders all these talk of cease fire or truce is just BS. Before Nigeria agree to a cease fire BH needs to produce its leaders or d war continues. These other fraction of Boko Haram trying to collect amnesty money are just bunch of fake individual including the committee set to stop BH are all lookin to defraud d FG n the people of Nigeria n Not stop killing. But they 4get the news and information aint what it use to be, NTA aint the only 1s anymore.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cross Rivers Assembly Approves 35 Special Advisers For Gov. Ayade / Clark's Statement Senseless & Misguided - IBB / Yinka Johnson Re-arraigned For Reckless Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.