Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

What's So Special About Twins??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's So Special About Twins??? (18610 Views)

Mind-blowing Facts You Never Knew About Twins / What's So Special About Your Age That You Hide It? / 5 Things You Never Knew About Twins That Will Make You Look At Them Differently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's So Special About Twins??? by RoyalRoy(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2013
I have spent some decades on earth, and the most question I have been asked in my entire lifetime is::::::::::
Are you guys twins?
Who is Taiye, who is Kehinde?

Lolllllllz.....I have been doing so much brain storming thinking what's so special about twins?
I think I enjoyed some Buy One Get One Free (BOGOF) while we were much younger....from women who wanted twins.....hehehe...some unknown women even gave us free money just on the street!!!!

But apart from those BOGOF moments, the other stories weren't so pleasant!!!

I remember my dad wanted us to have our individual identities, so he never put us in the same class ever.....except in Nursery class!!
High school was seperate hostels too....separate friends!!!!

I got some beatings on his behalf.....talk of mistaken identities!!! You get punished for ur bro's misdemeanours, and u are sure he wl get some spanking for yours too!!

I remember "Abacha Days" when the country was so hard, and it wasn't easy with funds....I had always thought if I hadn't been a twin....my pocket money would have been much more than this....lolll....plenty days where all your friends get stuff easily & the twins had to wait, cos funds weren't surplus to fulfil ur demands at one!!!!

I also note a yoruba song "Epo n be, Ewa n be o, aya mi o ja lati bi ibeji"
Lolllllllllllz.....u think raising twin kids is about Beans & Red oil ?
You never jam!!

I remember the teenage fight-to-finish.....and Mama(God blesss Iyabeji) will always pray at night that these two boys don't end up killing each other someday!!!
Issues as little as I got the t.v remote first, I must watch NTA....no, u met me here, I must watch AIT....lollllz....constant fighting for supremacy.....battle for who gets the finest girlfriend....who drives faster....so much competition....unhealthy most times!!!

Fast forward to adulthood, plenty comparisons, one is fatter, the other is more friendly, I like this one, he laughs a lot, this one likes girls too much bla bla bla.....hahaha!!!!
Are you guys going to marry the same day?
Have u slept with each other's gf?
Why is he serious & you a player?
So many questions & assumptions!!

It all boils down to individual wishes!!!

I for one am so indifferent about having twin kids.....if they come along, welcome!!! If they don't, no regrets!!!

What about Twin kids make almost every lady I have met wish for them? What is so special about them?

12 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by EfemenaXY: 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lol! So you are a twin then? An identical twin? cheesy

Royal Roy:

Lolllllllz.....I have been doing so much brain storming thinking what's so special about twins?
I think I enjoyed some Buy One Get One Free (BOGOF) while we were much younger....from women who wanted twins.....hehehe...some unknown women even gave us free money just on the street!!!!

D'you know, I actually got that on the street, even over here too?

My older sons are quite close in age. When they were younger (ahhh...miss those days o!), I used to dress them up in identical clothes - from top to bottom. I got asked endlessly by people on the street: "Are they triplets?"

Omo, see excitement. I loved it all. My sons hated it. One morning during the summer holidays, on my way to the park with them for a picnic, we made a 'bet' on how many people would ask us that same question: "Are they triplets?"

Infact eh, from the moment we left the front door, the questions began. Someone not too good with spoken English asked while demonstrating frantically with her hands was like..."Excuse me...your boys...twins, three? three?" grin grin grin

When we got off the bus at the park, I noticed my sons counting money in their palms. I was like: "Where did you get that from?" and they pointed to some elderly ladies in the bus waving frantically as the bus drove off, gesticulating that they'd given my sons the money! Hmmm....extra ice creams for them sha...

Anyway, by the time we got home that evening, we'd been asked that question: "Are they triplets?" 13 times! shocked shocked shocked

Fast forward to present day. I can't even get them to wear the same coloured jeans or shoes or even caps. They make sure everything is different, even if it means one of them puts on shorts. sad sad sad What is it with teenage boys sef? angry
I did get my way when we were travelling back home for Christmas. Only because I packed their overnight travel bags, but even then, they still wore different jackets!

Then the question used to be: Are they triplets. But now, if I could get all of them to wear the same clothes, it would be: OMG!! shocked shocked ARE THEY ....

*** Come, come, you weren't really expecting me to reveal the number now, were you?*** grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by uboma(m): 12:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
@ op, twins, just like every other child, are gifts from our Creator. That alone makes them special...

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2013
@Efe....yesso...a bonafide identical twin!!

Wearing same outfit was a no-no for us after we got tired of "are you guys twins" question!!!

It did help with getting some girls back then though ****winks****

"I love twins...I just love them".....till they start kissing one!!!

@Uboma....I agree, they are blessings from God no doubt....but people around me are kinda obsessed with it!!!
While I don't seem to see the big deal in it. My thoughts though!!!!

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2013
I wish them to those that want them,they should stay far away from me grin

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
byvan: I wish them to those that want them,they should stay far away from me grin

Hahahhahaha....a first one!!!

You scared of breast-feeding double mouths?

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by EfemenaXY: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
byvan: I wish them to those that want them,they should stay far away from me grin

Lol!

Why na? cheesy
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
@Efe,My dear i love seeing other parents with multiples but I really can't explain why I don't like them for myself . Maybe because of the stress or I don't need that weird duplication of the same face,i think it has more to do with the latter.Talk of overstretched tummy that comes with carrying multiples and the fact that most are born premature. I just don't like them for myself,the thought of them scares me.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by EfemenaXY: 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
byvan: @Efe,My dear i love seeing other parents with multiples but I really can't explain why I don't like them for myself . Maybe because of the stress or I don't need that weird duplication of the same face,i think it has more to do with the latter.Talk of overstretched tummy that comes with carrying multiples and the fact that most are born premature. I just don't like them for myself,the thought of them scares me.

Then in that case, you, mlady, shall be blessed with quadruplets!

Two handsome boys and two beautiful girls (shout Amen!) cheesy cheesy

On a more serious note, look at the bright side, when you have them all at once, they grow up together and leave together. So you get to put your feet up and enjoy the rest of your (independent, child-free) life smiley smiley

6 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
Three boys is enough,am only asking God for one more,my doc could only detect one fetal heart beat,i have escaped Efe!!!!!! grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by EfemenaXY: 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lol!

Lucky escape, indeed-ie cheesy cheesy

Congratulations on the Omomo (newest addition), mami kiss kiss
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thanks dear kiss
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by trixandra(f): 1:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
I am also a twin. I agree with op and I can relate with his opinions. We are both girls but became separated from primary school. We were not in the same class for a while, went to different secondary schools. While I schooled in Abuja, she did hers in Owerri. Even now in different universities. When we were younger,we wore identical clothes but now,it is very very rare but we still get attention like before. I love being a twin especially the getting attention thing and special favours and I will like to have twins too

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 14, 2013
If you were one, you would not ask. Since its obvious that you are not a twin, then pray you give birth to twin. Then you would know how special they are.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by RoyalRoy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
trixandra: I am also a twin. I agree with op and I can relate with his opinions. We are both girls but became separated from primary school. We were not in the same class for a while, went to different secondary schools. While I schooled in Abuja, she did hers in Owerri. Even now in different universities. When we were younger,we wore identical clothes but now,it is very very rare but we still get attention like before. I love being a twin especially the getting attention thing and special favours and I will like to have twins too

A big e-hugs to you sis!!!
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
Message to Mukina
#Free Abu Mikey
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by sheniqua: 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
I have heard people call Peter and Paul of P square identical
They are not
They just have a strong resemblance.
Too much work for a mother to handle two babies at a time sha
I never wished for twins
They look cute but not for me ,I no fit handle two at once.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
Everything
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by supaeagles(m): 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
What's special about identical twins??
1) relative rarity
2) when twins are together in public places, it is an attention drawer.
Even ugly twins still create a bit of a buzz grin.
I also just hope that with the advancements of medical sciences, cloning will not one day kill the whole awe inspiring effect of seeing/interacting with identical twins
undecided
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by blackbeau1(f): 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
The special thing about twins is that they are twins . I,for one pray that I'll have female identical twins
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
mikeyhernadez:

Message to Mukina
#Free Abu Mikey
Serve ur sentence mr.ibu..
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by RoyalRoy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
idnoble135: If you were one, you would not ask. Since its obvious that you are not a twin, then pray you give birth to twin. Then you would know how special they are.

Hahaha....idnoble....idowu....aburo awon ibeji.!!!!

I tell you, there ain't much special feeling to it right now!!!
If u ask ur elder siblings, maybe they would explain to you how "surprising" it is when people go all Gaga over you asking ridiculous questions & comparisons!!!

Hehehehe.....ain't nothing special about it.....I teeeeeeeeeeyuu!
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by munaco: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Then in that case, you, mlady, shall be blessed with quadruplets!

Two handsome boys and two beautiful girls (shout Amen!) cheesy cheesy

On a more serious note, look at the bright side, when you have them all at once, they grow up together and leave together. So you get to put your feet up and enjoy the rest of your (independent, child-free) life smiley smiley

U BI TB JOSHUA
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Lordave: 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2013
Nothing!
Their existence just happened by chance.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by friendl: 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2013
Funny enough,I am a twin ODION and AKHERE
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by sheniqua: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lordave: Nothing!
Their existence just happened by chance.

No be so people dey get unfinished division and a baby go carry 4 legs 3 eyes and two mouths comot
Mommy go dey breasfeed one mouth,the other mouth is crying
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
Cos instead of coming turn by turn, they came once, in twins, in triplets, quadrauple, sextuplets.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
I PREFER GETTING MY KIDS ONE AFTER THE OTHER, NO TIME FOR BIG BELLY, STRETCH MARKS, SLEEPLESS NIGHT, NO CLUBBING...ALL BECAUSE OF THEM.

I LOVE ENJOYING MA LIFE ABEG. MAKE THEM COME ONE AFTER THE OTHER.
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2013
buhahahahaha
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by RoyalRoy(m): 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2013
nadia_SA: Everything

Tell Me Something!!
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by SaintChukz(m): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
I'm a twin too am the boy and the other a girl and we look somewhat identical too... So you still want to know what's so special about them? Click here and comment this name - LOUIS OFFOR on it...and that's after u must have liked the centenary logo page... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=484470851645572&id=20667095942425564&comment_id=66772264&offset=0&total_comments=215&refid=48 Thanks...or better let the mods stick this thread on the FP.. https://www.nairaland.com/1342473/nairalander-needs-least-500-votes#16544449 ...
Re: What's So Special About Twins??? by Lordave: 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2013
sheniqua:

No be so people dey get unfinished division and a baby go carry 4 legs 3 eyes and two mouths comot
Mommy go dey breasfeed one mouth,the other mouth is crying
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Blessed With Triplets After 25yrs Of Childlessness! / Is Penny Auctions Of Kobobid Legit Or Scam? / Appeal To All: Feminism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.