Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. (6049 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Desola(f): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
taiocol: u cant fight gej govt. Its just lyk fightin God. Ibb come soyinka attack nw soyinka wan spoil Gej name ibb don pursue am. Haha

People like you who do not bother to click on links to read the full story would always be lead by fools.

If you had bothered to click on the link you will see that the article was written in 2007.
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by wisdomw(m): 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
Problems we get 4 nigeria re as folos--- (1)Hausa/fulani. (2)yoruba touts etc. Nt xcludn odas unda politics oooo
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Katsumoto: 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hahahaha

It seems some folks want a Sunday knockout. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Tolexander: 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
emmysenior:

Must you quote almost d whole thing just to pass ur trivialised point across?
must you comment if you have nothing to say?
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
Desola:

People like you who do not bother to click on links to read the full story would always be lead by fools.

If you had bothered to click on the link you will see that the article was written in 2007.

How does it change the facts stated in the article? By the way, this has got nothing to do with Patience Jonathan.

Does the fact that it was written 6 years ago change the alleged fact that;

"[b]From all the available records of service in Soyinka’s trajectory in life, there are legions of references to suggest that he is a man of dual personality. It is a matter of fact that Soyinka served in the Babangida regime in the capacity of Chairman, Federal Road Safety Commission. It is also on video tape that he publicly endorsed the Structural Adjustment Programme of the Babangida era. It is also a matter of fact, that he had always abhorred the objective behind the Nobel Laureate until he was made a beneficiary. It is on record that he accepted the second highest honour of Commander of the Federal Republic [CFR:
during military regime of General Ibrahim Babangida.
The award was to shore up his profile against the wholesale criticisms by his colleague writers, of his Nobel Laureate which they said he did not merit. It is on record that he went overseas to campaign against the democratic elections of 1983 won by Alhaji Shehu Shagari, on account of the elections being rigged. It is also on record that his tenure as Chairman of FRSC was not the best of times for the organization. He ran the Commission as his personal fiefdom. When the Abacha regime tried to investigate his tenure of the FRSC he went on self exile.It is a matter of historical correctness that he walked into the studio of Western Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation in 1965 to substitute a pre-recorded broadcast of the Premier just to cause chaos. Typical of a man whose upbringing was admittedly characterized with storm and stress, he established the Seadogs Confraternity during his undergraduate years in the University of Ibadan. We all know the implications of that confraternity in the life of Nigerian universities.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Katsumoto: 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
one.east4:
"Typical of a man whose upbringing was admittedly characterized with storm and stress, he established the Seadogs Confraternity during his undergraduate years in the University of Ibadan. We all know the implications of that confraternity in the life of Nigerian universities. Such a man cannot, by every societal standard, be a role model."

I still wonder why yurubas worship mediocres and such a character as Soyenka who championed campus secret cultism.

IBB has proved it again that there is no role model in yurubaland, its either they are crooks or cultists or they are committing suicide like awoalowo did.

Yurubas should come to the east of Niger and see abundance of role models to emulate from: great Zik to Achebe to Ojukwu to Orizu to Ekwueme to Tansi to Cardinal Arinze to Chuka Umunna to .......infact NL cannot contain it.

Soyinka spent 26 months in prison for taking sides with Biafra during the civil war. He was in solitary confinement for the entire time. I dare you to name one personal sacrifice that any of those you mentioned above, made for other Biafrans during the civil war. Lets forget about non-Biafrans now. Direct your response to the millions of innocent women and children who died.

2 Likes

Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Katsumoto: 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

How does it change the facts stated in the article? By the way, this has got nothing to do with Patience Jonathan.

Does the fact that it was written 6 years ago change the fact that;

"[b]From all the available records of service in Soyinka’s trajectory in life, there are legions of references to suggest that he is a man of dual personality. It is a matter of fact that Soyinka served in the Babangida regime in the capacity of Chairman, Federal Road Safety Commission. It is also on video tape that he publicly endorsed the Structural Adjustment Programme of the Babangida era. It is also a matter of fact, that he had always abhorred the objective behind the Nobel Laureate until he was made a beneficiary. It is on record that he accepted the second highest honour of Commander of the Federal Republic [CFR:
during military regime of General Ibrahim Babangida.
The award was to shore up his profile against the wholesale criticisms by his colleague writers, of his Nobel Laureate which they said he did not merit. It is on record that he went overseas to campaign against the democratic elections of 1983 won by Alhaji Shehu Shagari, on account of the elections being rigged. It is also on record that his tenure as Chairman of FRSC was not the best of times for the organization. He ran the Commission as his personal fiefdom. When the Abacha regime tried to investigate his tenure of the FRSC he went on self exile.It is a matter of historical correctness that he walked into the studio of Western Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation in 1965 to substitute a pre-recorded broadcast of the Premier just to cause chaos. Typical of a man whose upbringing was admittedly characterized with storm and stress, he established the Seadogs Confraternity during his undergraduate years in the University of Ibadan. We all know the implications of that confraternity in the life of Nigerian universities.
[/b]

Now that you have quoted an IBB errand boy, why don't you supply proof to support the assertions above. Please don't shy away from this challenge.

To be clear, provide evidence that
1. Soyinka abhorred the Nobel prize

2. The prize was given to him because they didn't want him to criticize other writers.

3. Soyinka went into exile because he wanted to avoid FRSC probe rather than because he was fighting for the June 12 mandate to be upheld.

Please answer the following
1. If an election is rigged, should stakeholders keep quite?

2. If Soyinka is guilty of causing the wahala in Nigerian universities because he is a founder of a confraternity, then humanity should hold Karl Benz and Henry Ford responsible for inventing the car and mass producing it, no?
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
Katsumoto:

Now that you have quoted an IBB errand boy, why don't you supply proof to support the assertions above. Please don't shy away from this challenge.

I personally hold Prof. In high esteem but the allegations stated above are disturbing and shouldn't be swept under the carpet.
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Katsumoto: 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

I personally hold Prof. In high esteem but the allegations stated above are disturbing and shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

I edited my post, please re-address.
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Tolexander: 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
Katsumoto:

I edited my post, please re-address.
what has gone wrong with your time?
You gat no time for sh1t before now!
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Katsumoto: 10:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
Tolexander: what has gone wrong with your time?
You gat no time for sh1t before now!

Sorry bruv but I don't get you.
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by tomakint: 10:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

If breeze no blow, we no go see fowl yansh.
Wao welcome back Sunny, I never knew you are on! Well, as to the matter on ground, I must confess, this is not the best of times for Prof. He should quit commenting in order not to soil his profile the more undecided
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by 4chi: 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
Katsumoto:

Soyinka spent 26 months in prison for taking sides with Biafra during the civil war. He was in solitary confinement for the entire time. I dare you to name one personal sacrifice that any of those you mentioned above, made for other Biafrans during the civil war. Lets forget about non-Biafrans now. Direct your response to the millions of innocent women and children who died.

Soyinka wasted his time and energy. Ibo cretins are not worthy of such sacrifice.they are an absolutely irredeemable and ungrateful lot.

While he was in solitary confinement , the beast from the east

(ashebe) was globetrotting for biafras recognition. Yet you can see from his last trash book that he,like the majority of ibos are forever besotted with "Awo and his Yoruba people"......

1 Like

Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by fkaz(m): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
@ops Nawa o, just to defend retardiannn and his dunce you went as far as 2007 article haba.
If tomorrow IBB insult the clueless president, you go and dig what WS said against IBB. Stop jumping around like a squirrel, i know is not easy to be man but give your self some rest abeg. Nndo

1 Like

Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by PHIPEX(m): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
one.east4:
"Typical of a man whose upbringing was admittedly characterized with storm and stress, he established the Seadogs Confraternity during his undergraduate years in the University of Ibadan. We all know the implications of that confraternity in the life of Nigerian universities. Such a man cannot, by every societal standard, be a role model."

I still wonder why yurubas worship mediocres and such a character as Soyenka who championed campus secret cultism.

IBB has proved it again that there is no role model in yurubaland, its either they are crooks or cultists or they are committing suicide like awoalowo did.

Yurubas should come to the east of Niger and see abundance of role models to emulate from: great Zik to Achebe to Ojukwu to Orizu to Ekwueme to Tansi to Cardinal Arinze to Chuka Umunna to .......infact NL cannot contain it.
Don't make a mess of this thread, this is not an ethnic challenge.

This is certainly not the best of times for Wole Soyinka but I still respect what he stands for, he has his weak points as a human but it doesn't take away the fact that he is a national icon I still admire.

1 Like

Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Katsumoto: 10:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
PHIPEX: Don't make a mess of this thread, this is not an ethnic challenge.

This is certainly not the best of times for Wole Soyinka but I still respect what he stands for, he has his weak points as a human but it doesn't take away the fact that he is a national icon I still admire.

He had best of times when standing up to Northern dictators and siding with Biafra but now that he is speaking against GEJ and his dumb wife, he isn't having the best of times. SMDH
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Controversy: 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
Desola: This stupid nonsense was culled from an article which was supposedly published in 2007 and from an unknown website,

What the heck is consciencedaily.com?

A very lame attempt by the op to stroke the embers of maliciousness riding on the back of patience's rebuttal to the professor.

Sunny bobo, I see what you're playing at but you're not smart enough. Try harder,
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Tolexander: 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
Katsumoto:

Sorry bruv but I don't get you.
why have you decided to create time for those subzero intelligent fellows when you have many things to do.
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Katsumoto: 10:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
Tolexander: why have you decided to create time for those subzero intelligent fellows when you have many things to do.

oh i see. grin grin grin grin

its not any different from previous debates. They lie without understanding their lies and I challenge their lies.
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Btruth: 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Tolexander: all these haven't qualified IBB to give the NLNG keynote address at this year award.

A bi? I wonder my brother. As if all this still qualify IBB to speak in any public place either.

Wahala!
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 14, 2013
take dat: A sponsored article written in 2007! Desperados, Every Day Crooks, Shysters and Losers in Action!

An IBB, who has been consigned to the dustb A coupist, murderer and one who looted Nigeria into an unfathomable abyss of unimaginable ruin.
not bad..nice
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
y
Re: IBB To Soyinka; Practise What You Preach. by eggheaders(m): 11:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Don't start what you cannot finish Alfa Salam

like I care, start whatever you wanna start i have already signed up with roforofo united.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo State Government Rename Oshiomole's Street After Saraki / See What Nigerian Army Did With Innoson SUV- PIC / Kalu Withdraws From Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.