Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,273 members, 7,860,636 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:34 PM

“it’s An Insult To Compare Okorocha To Mbakwe” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “it’s An Insult To Compare Okorocha To Mbakwe” (497 Views)

Abians Welcome Governor Ikpeazu At Sam Mbakwe's Airport, Owerri(Photos) / Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate / Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“it’s An Insult To Compare Okorocha To Mbakwe” by Stevogue(m): 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
To say Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha is not working would be unfair to him and highly untrue. Owelle indeed is working. Somebody said to me the other day that if all the previous governors of this state aside from Late Chief Sam Mbakwe, had done at least half of what Owelle is doing, Imo would have been a wonder to behold. Indeed, there is truth and reason in what that man had said and clearly, our leaders since after Dee Sam Mbakwe haven’t lived up to expectation.

My take in the whole issue as has always been my stand remains that whatever is worth doing, is worth doing right and on that premise, I cannot rate Owelle very far from his less performing predecessors and I deem it an insult to the immortal memory of Dee Sam that Owelle should be compared to him...CONTINUE: http://crimefacts.org/its-an-insult-to-compare-okorocha-to-mbakwe/
Re: “it’s An Insult To Compare Okorocha To Mbakwe” by amakenny: 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
Stevogue: To say Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha is not working would be unfair to him and highly untrue.

My take in the whole issue as has always been my stand remains that whatever is worth doing, is worth doing right and on that premise/

Yeah Owelle is working in many areas but failing in some areas. He has to sit up.

Mbakwe provided more than a biilion Naira worth surface water supply project for his Okigwe area (though the water project is yet to be fully functional), Owelle's Orlu area has no pipe-borne water supply, but Owelle declared water supply in Imo state a private affair. Dig your borehole?

Without building a new one, Owelle is fast dismantling a modern sports stadium built with close to a billion Naira by his predecessors in his Orlu area. Even if his government wanted to build a more modern stadium, why dismantle the old one?

With many road junctions blocked and electric poles knocked down for more than a year now, Owelle's Orlu area is suffering severe set-backs.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria will end up in a civil war -- Engr Musiwa / The Media Should Ignore Boko Haram – Information Minister / First Lady Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.