Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu (1851 Views)

Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President / Fashola, Amaechi, Tinubu And Change By Shaka Momodu / Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by iykofias(m): 12:20am On Jul 15, 2013
LAGOS — Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN leader,
Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu has urged support for
Governor Chibuke Amaechi of Rivers State from the
hierarchy of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who
he claimed, have added public brawling to their
achievements.
He cited the recent election for the chairman of the
NGF and the quest of five members of the Rivers
State legislature to dominate the others as
illustrations of how far the PDP would go to achieve
its aims even against reason.
While urging all Nigerians to rally round Amaechi,
Tinubu traced the governor’s problem to the face off
over ownership of some disputed oil wells between
Rivers and Bayelsa States as part of the reasons for
the onslaught against Governor Amaechi.
Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State
“The PDP appears to have added public brawling to
its list of accomplishments. The self-proclaimed
largest party in Africa has turned into a fight club
that employs the police as ushers for its matches,”
Tinubu said.
“There is no way the police and the small number of
five lawmakers would act so brazenly unless they
receive instructions for their high places. Nigerians
must ask, Is this the way the President Jonathan
intends to transform Nigeria? By turning it from an
imperfect democracy into a perfect mess. A total lack
of respect for constitutional democracy is what we
are witnessing. Governor Rotimi Amaechi swore an
oath to protect and serve the people of Rivers State.”
“My advice is that we should not leave Governor
Amaechi to suffer his fate alone. All true democrats
must defend constitutional democracy and true
federalism. In what stable and functioning
democracy can you find a President or his agents
bully a governor this way or violate the federal
constitution so openly with complete impunity?”
“Discerning minds must locate the present crisis in
the suspected injustice in the Bayelsa and Rivers
State oil boundary legal battle. For standing up in
defence of the interest of his people, Governor
Amaechi became a marked person.”
In some ways, this Rivers episode is unsurprising.
Over and over again, the PDP has attempted to
scuttle fair elections and genuine democratic
processes. Undermining democracy has become a
central plank in the party’s manifesto. What
happened in the Rivers House is one more reminder.
PDP leaders hold democracy in contempt and will
trample it if given the slightest opportunity. If they
invert the relatively small numbers involved in the
Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) and the Rivers
State House, what they might do to general elections
involving such a large population as ours is a hard
piece of wood to chew.”
“If we continue in this way, we are heading for an
encounter with fate that will leave no one unscathed.
These people need to realize they can’t lord over 150
million people as if they had replaced our colonial
masters. You cannot attempt to control the mind of
every person only to threaten, intimidate and assault
people who do not fall perfectly in line. Such a world
is not a world of democracy. Such a place is the land
of elected dictatorship and a dictator is unacceptable
even if he initially gained office through the ballot.”
“Perhaps we now know why the PDP is such a poor
steward of democracy. It is hard to be a good
democrat without knowing how to count properly and
this crew cannot count. During the NGF debacle, they
claimed that 16 was larger than 19. Now in Rivers,
they claim 5 outnumbers 27. If they can’t count, how
can we count on them to improve the nation? If they
can’t add, it is a mistake to rely on them to add
anything good to our lives. For reasons best known to
them, they have tried to pin the Rivers governor to
the wall.”
”In doing so, they have turned Rivers into an
embattled state. Those of us living in other states
should not be indifferent. What is happening in
Rivers today can come to your state tomorrow if the
PDP holds sway. Events in that state are but a
symbol and a forecast. As long as the current PDP
leadership holds forth, we will have many rivers to
cross before this land sees genuine democracy.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/why-we-must-rally-round-amaechi-tinubu/

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by LOUDmedia(m): 12:40am On Jul 15, 2013
This is just a case of pot calling kettle "black". Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Pygru: 12:49am On Jul 15, 2013
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Pygru: 12:51am On Jul 15, 2013
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 15, 2013
If I save space wetin go hapen? I go respond to Tinubu wen I sleep finish. Afam biko I tek God beg u, no hide dis my P.R.A
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by tomakint: 12:58am On Jul 15, 2013
Now we are getting somewhere, Amaechi has definitely been bought over, why can't he make his move now before it's too late for him! Tinubu sef dey form one Dramendra like say APC na one Party with reasonable ideology undecided oya make the drama keeps unfolding from the opposition! All I know is that the good works of Jonathan shall continue till 2019 that is one FACT 1 million Tinubus plus 1 million Buharis cannot refute cool

6 Likes

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by dayokanu(m): 1:22am On Jul 15, 2013
Well said Tinubu

Every sensible person would ask why this clueless president is on Amaechis case? Just because he defended Rivers state against Bayelsa in the oil bloc case.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by mgbeketoto: 2:28am On Jul 15, 2013
Hmmmmmm!
Na wetin consain PDP with ACN. . . .ABI NA 'OPC' OR 'APC'?
AMAECHI. . . .RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUN!
It is better for GEJ to killy ya!
WEH-LEH-HEE TEH-LEH-HEE!!!! cry

Tinubu traced the governor’s problem to the face off
over ownership of some disputed oil wells between
Rivers and Bayelsa States as part of the reasons for
the onslaught against Governor Amaechi.
Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State. . . .BLAH. . . .BLAH. . . . BLAH. . . .BLAH. . . .BLAH!!!!

We know!
SHORRROP jor! angry
LIKE WHEN OBJ CARRY 'OANDO' DASSH YA AZZZE? cheesy
After killing all the PEOPLE OF THE LAND!
Ewu!!!!

2015 yeye dey BOOOM!
Come take 'VICE PRESIDENCY'. . .
ALAYE DRUG BARON! kiss
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Brimmie(m): 5:26am On Jul 15, 2013
tomakint: Now we are getting somewhere, Amaechi has definitely been bought over, why can't he make his move now before it's too late for him! Tinubu sef dey form one Dramendra like say APC na one Party with reasonable ideology undecided oya make the drama keeps unfolding from the opposition! All I know is that the good works of Jonathan shall continue till 2019 that is one FACT 1 million Tinubus plus 1 million Buharis cannot refute cool

[size=20]May God Work On Ur Life N Household D Same Way GEJ Is Working On Nigerians... Fa Fa Fa Phoool![/size] undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by brixton: 6:07am On Jul 15, 2013
reading this poo means giving credit to S^H^I^T talkers
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by kehinde1588(m): 6:10am On Jul 15, 2013
Tinubu was rilly candid in his words. This has obviously shown hw 2015 election would be run by pdp,its a pity that some Nigerians are suffering and smiling cos tribalism has blind folded them from seeing the truth.if we allow GEJ and PEJ to continue till 2019,i bet must folks would regret this. GEJ is a devilish president who is to desperate and can go any lenth just to achieve his aim.5 is more than 27 and 16 is more than 19 This cant cease to amaze me. The development of this great nation is in our hands. WE ARE THE CHANGE WE ARE THE FUTURE
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by iykofias(m): 6:48am On Jul 15, 2013
brixton: reading this poo means giving credit to S^H^I^T^S talkers
buh u did
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by tomakint: 7:17am On Jul 15, 2013
Brimmie:

[size=20]May God Work On Ur Life N Household D Same Way GEJ Is Working On Nigerians... Fa Fa Fa Phoool![/size] undecided undecided

[size=20]And may the Good God of Heaven handle your life, family, future exactly the way Boko Haram are handling human lives in Maiduguri[/size] undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by adino(m): 7:28am On Jul 15, 2013
tomakint:
[size=20]And may the Good God of Heaven handle Brimmie life, family, future exactly the way Boko Haram are handling human lives in Maiduguri[/size] undecided

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen and Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by samilo88(m): 7:33am On Jul 15, 2013
Tinubu sef get mouth to talk on democratic issues. I thought dogs don't eat dogs, well it's Nig politics what do we expect..
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Tolexander: 7:45am On Jul 15, 2013
Tinubu traced the governor’s
problem to the face off
over ownership of some
disputed oil wells between
Rivers and Bayelsa States as
part of the reasons for
the onslaught against Governor
Amaechi.
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by dridowu: 8:23am On Jul 15, 2013
When will these rivers movie end, am tired of ds movie
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by kettykin: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2013
Shameless Hypocrite and Kleptomaniac,Rivers people don't allow Rivers State to be turned into another Lagos State
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by iykofias(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2013
kettykin: Shameless Hypocrite and Kleptomaniac,Rivers people don't allow Rivers State to be turned into another Lagos State
who wouldn't want his/her state to b like lagos state? Fashola av set d mark

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Super1759: 8:34am On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu: Well said Tinubu

Every sensible person would ask why this clueless president is on Amaechis case? Just because he defended Rivers state against Bayelsa in the oil bloc case.
wrongly figured.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Garrithe1st: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2013
Tinubu spoke well. GEJ's reign has been an utter disappointment. Amaechi's fight is a fight of Light and Darkness, Freedom Vs Tyranny, Order Vs Anarchy, Civility Vs Barbarism.

Interestingly, those against Amaechi have repeatedly shown themselves to be barbaric children of Darkness, lies and tyranny.

cool
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Super1759: 8:39am On Jul 15, 2013
APC home of rebellious greedy fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Danhumprey: 8:50am On Jul 15, 2013
It seems to be difficult to discern which of the two opposing side is wrong. As for GEJ,he seems to have a good heart toward developing this nation,but his arrogance wife wouldn't let him dictate the pace of his administration. Also,he has surrounded himself with clueless aides,who are ill-advicing him. As for Amaechi,he seems to be a victim of some political battle. I just pray this crisis end soon.
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by iykofias(m): 8:55am On Jul 15, 2013
Danhumprey: It seems to be difficult to discern which of the two opposing side is wrong. As for GEJ,he seems to have a good heart toward developing this nation,but his arrogance wife wouldn't let him dictate the pace of his administration. Also,he has surrounded himself with clueless aides,who are ill-advicing him. As for Amaechi,he seems to be a victim of some political battle. I just pray this crisis end soon.
well said!!! Like ur sense of reasoning
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by brixton: 9:24am On Jul 15, 2013
iykofias: buh u did

Nope, theheadline says it all and didnt av to go thru d body
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by dlight1(m): 9:27am On Jul 15, 2013
words well spoken I think he has a point. It's only in Nigeria this kind of ugly incidents take place where 5 is > 27 and 16 is > 19. These things shouldn't be happening in a truly democratic setting let's leave sentiments aside and it's all d handiwork of d president just to fulfil his second term ambition
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by carzola(m): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2013
Why is nigeria practisin toutish politics? Why cant we learn? Politics is fun, educative like we see in other contries... #wears my cloths and and goes to check my visa#
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by nku5: 9:49am On Jul 15, 2013
Tinubu is just being plain mischievous. He should get his mind off oil and say the truth. The wahala began with Amaechi's removal of the Obio-Akpor Local government chairman

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by ChainBlinger: 9:55am On Jul 15, 2013
tomakint: Now we are getting somewhere, Amaechi has definitely been bought over, why can't he make his move now before it's too late for him! Tinubu sef dey form one Dramendra like say APC na one Party with reasonable ideology undecided oya make the drama keeps unfolding from the opposition! All I know is that the good works of Jonathan shall continue till 2019 that is one FACT 1 million Tinubus plus 1 million Buharis cannot refute cool
dat na for inside ya guguru and groundnut mind oh!
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by tomakint: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2013
Chain_Blinger: dat na for inside ya guguru and groundnut mind oh!
I beg I need three bling bling chains undecided politics is not for you stay at the sidelines cool
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 15, 2013
Tinubu d Politician!!!
Re: Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 15, 2013
dayokanu: Well said Tinubu

A "clueless" President declared state of emergency,

You "well saying" Tinubu condemned it along side the NGF led by no other than the "intelligent" Amaechi!

And "sensible" people like you are here doing what you know how to do best: Opposition.
Only that this "progressives of yours are moving in retrogression.

I am not against any of you using your God's given right to blame Jonathan for the fallout of Amaechi and his benefactors, but I get pissed off when your leaders are so stupid when making public comments.

Somebody got his head broken in the Rivers Assebly crises and the hand that broke the head belongs to Amaechi's righ hand man.

Perhaps, the blood that will "soak dogs and baboons" in 2015 have started flowing now?

Yet let me quickly say this: you have succeeded in branding some negative notoriety about yourself in this forum!
When the chips are down, be a man and stand up to the poisons you spit out here in the name of free speech!

Any sensible person will know that Tinubu and his fake "opposition" are nothing but opportunist!
Nigerians beware!

Cheers and have a great week ahead!

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Will The Politicised ASUU Call Off Their Self-serving Strike? / Oyinlola To Decamp And Join Aregbesola In APC????? / Nairaland City Of Residence Census(2014) Come And Rep Ur City 8)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.