Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Udoedehe: Akwa Ibom Govt Did Everything To Kill Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udoedehe: Akwa Ibom Govt Did Everything To Kill Me (551 Views)

Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings / Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo / SSS Uncovers Stockpiles Of Arms, Ammunition In Akwa Ibom Govt House-PremiumTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Udoedehe: Akwa Ibom Govt Did Everything To Kill Me by blog4all(m): 1:04am On Jul 15, 2013
http://blog4all-com..com/2013/07/udoedehe-akwa-ibom-govt-did-everything.html

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom State, Senator James Akpanudoedehe, yesterday said the government did everything possible to “kill” him during the 2011 general election.
Akpanudoedehe, who was the ACN candidate in the 2011 election, said murder and treason charges were slammed on him as a result of the March 22, 2011 mayhem in the state.
He spoke at a thanksgiving service organised in his honour by the ACN at Solid Rock Kingdom Church, Uyo, the state capital, as part of the activities marking his victory in court.
His words: “We were warned not to come to Ikot Ekpene by the power-that- be. We went to Ibiono; they attacked our members. We went to Ini, they maimed our members.
“We were asked to go and campaign at Ikot Ekpene, the first venue was taken away from us. On our way, our convoy was attacked, they told us not to pass the same route we took and we told them no. Our people were killed, 10 women died in the process.
“They lied against me. The Akwa Ibom State government did everything to kill me. They said I am a murderer, that I have a gun factory but I was vindicated at the end of the day.”
The ACN chief also decried the level of poverty in the state, despite the huge amount of money coming from oil derivation.
Read more at the link below

http://blog4all-com..com/2013/07/udoedehe-akwa-ibom-govt-did-everything.html

www.twitter.com/blog4forall

(1) (Reply)

Malala At U.N: I Learn Forgiveness From, Jesus Christ, Mandela, etc / Underage Marriage In Nigeria. God Help Us / NMA Lauds Pate, Says Health Sector Starting To Improve Under Current Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.