Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,708 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo (2747 Views)

UK: Jonathan’s Govt Did Not Reject Help To Rescue Chibok Girls / My Govt Inherited Nothing From Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan – Buhari / I Will Employ Illiterates Into My Govt, They Voted For Me - Ayo Fayose. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by emamos: 6:09am On Nov 13, 2015
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State on Thursday gave reasons why his administration did not build any industry in the state, saying it was not in his campaign promise, but that what he did promise was to create the enabling environment for investments to thrive in the state.
Oshiomhole who stated this against the backdrop of insinuations by the opposition that he in his seven years of government, no single industry was built at a town-hall meeting marking his seventh year in office, said the industry purportedly built by the previous government was done to siphon government funds.
He said of the four industries, namely, Fertilizer plant, Auchi; Cassavita Industry, Uromi; Chemical Plant; Ikpeshi; and Fruit Juice Factory, Ehor built by the previous administration, all was built with second hand equipments at inflated prices.
For instance, he asked if anyone has ever drunk or bought any of these products, adding that his administration tried selling them (industries) but no buyer was willing to purchase because of their depreciating value.
“The only value of these industries are the land spaces they occupy,” Oshiomhole stated, noting that the same previous government in their usual characteristic sold Okpella Cement with the intention to use it as a base for re-bagging of cement until he waded in, disclosing that very soon, Okpella Cement Industry would come back on stream through a private initiative.
According to the governor, “Our responsibility is to get the private sector build industries by creating the enabling environment and not to build any.”
Oshiomhole who promised to leave a robust revenue for his successor in office, further said that in the past seven years of his administration, a lot of private initiatives have been built, giving the establishment of furniture company using bamboo at Anegbete as example because government was able to build roads in that area which in turn attracted that private company to the area.
On Bendel Brewery, Governor Oshiomhole, he disclosed that the court case between Churchgate, the core investors and the company contributed to the stalling of progress and non-rehabilitation of the company, but promised however that with negotiation with AMCON who has bought over the debt of about N1 billion with an agreement to inject the sum of N23.5 million monthly until the debt is liquidated, assured that very soon, Bendel Brewery would back.
On the state of roads in the state especially Benin City, capital of the state, the governor promised mass rehabilitation of roads and the continuation of existing ones, saying that the reason for this was as a result of the rains which according to him not conducive for road construction and rehabilitation.
“Now that the rains appear to have subsided and the dry season fast approaching, we have spoken with all the contractors working on our roads and they have been mobilised and would soon go back to site. This is in addition to the rapid response agency to patch up and resurface bad spots with the metropolis”, he promised, assuring that in the next 12 months, all projects initiated by his administration would be completed, leaving none behind.http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oshiomhole-why-my-govt-did-not-build-industries-in-edo/225530/
lalasticlala
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by EternalTruths: 6:19am On Nov 13, 2015
I think Lara has made this guy stupiddddddd angry

Ever since he married her, his mumurity increased. angry

Since investors did not come to build industries, why not build industries and sell the shares to local and foreign investors.

Most Nigerians don't know that investors like putting money in already established businesses than build new ones

Even China and Russia followed this path to achieve industrialization

Therefore it is wise to build with the intention to sell it to local and foreign investors through the stock market

Anyway , all APC governors are thieves.

While the people are not wise for voting JUJU called CHANGE grin

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by biafranqueen: 6:27am On Nov 13, 2015
Can this be 4 real? shocked
He is promising mass rehabilitation with one more year in office?
Some people on this forum are busy shouting land grabbers, while the whole Edo State money is spent on an Imported goods only enjoyed by the Governor in his bedroom.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by Aegon(m): 6:28am On Nov 13, 2015
He did not promise to build any industries but promised to create an enabling environment bla bla bla.

My question is, for SEVEN years has the enabling environment been created? If so what results were achieved thereby?

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by erunz(m): 6:31am On Nov 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by christinie(f): 6:43am On Nov 13, 2015
When I say change you say scam. Change! Scam! Change! Scam!

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by abiolert(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2015
My Governor don dey blow lie Again.this na the same man wey make somebody almost one blind my eye for polling booth, I swear I hands up for politics self until I see a youth contesting I nor dey answer anybody again.This my Governor don change oh.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by illmatic101(m): 6:53am On Nov 13, 2015
biafranqueen:
Can this be 4 real? shocked
He is promising mass rehabilitation with one more year in office?
Some people on this forum are busy shouting land grabbers, while the whole Edo State money is spent on an Imported goods only enjoyed by the Governor in his bedroom.

Imported goods like...
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by permsec: 6:59am On Nov 13, 2015
illmatic101:
Imported goods like...
Iara from Cape verde.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by biafranqueen: 7:04am On Nov 13, 2015
illmatic101:

Imported goods like...
Round Steak from Cape Verde grin

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by kurt09(m): 7:05am On Nov 13, 2015
The gods are not to blame.
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by biafranqueen: 7:05am On Nov 13, 2015
permsec:
Iara from Cape verde.
U beat me to it lol!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by illmatic101(m): 7:09am On Nov 13, 2015
biafranqueen:
Round Steak from Cape Verde grin

lipsrsealed
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 13, 2015
Oshiomole is what happens when you live in a glass house and throw stones.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2015
abiolert:
My Governor don dey blow lie Again.this na the same man wey make somebody almost one blind my eye for polling booth, I swear I hands up for politics self until I see a youth contesting I nor dey answer anybody again.This my Governor don change oh.

why him no go change? Shey no be APC again? No be change? You get luck say dem no burst your eye in 2012

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by abiolert(m): 7:17am On Nov 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
why him no go change? Shey no be APC again? No be change? You get luck say dem no burst your eye in 2012
Barcarnista the PDP man you don come again this moni abeg I nor go fit your talk this moni abeg you be the boss sir
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by luvinhubby(m): 7:17am On Nov 13, 2015
This man's stupidity is getting legendary.
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by homesteady(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2015
This Oshiomhole is a very useless man.
Due to the mass protest that happened in Benin against his government, another set of rented crowd staged their protest to defend him.

He started telling them that Lucky igbenedion took government lands worth hundreds of thousands hectares and distributed it to his family members and his government would sue lucky.
This is Oshiomhole's 7th year in office, and he is still telling people this crap, he is still blaming a government that left 7 years ago for his ineptitude. Who doesn't know Lucky distributed land to his family members? because his rating is at an all time low, he is now trying to bring up silly cases to increase his rating.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2015
abiolert:

Barcarnista the PDP man you don come again this moni abeg I nor go fit your talk this moni abeg you be the boss sir
I'm in solidarity with my Edo brothers. I know how it is to have miserable leaders. Amaechi(2013-2015) was the height of it in Rivers state
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by abiolert(m): 7:31am On Nov 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I'm in solidarity with my Edo brothers. I know how it is to have miserable leaders. Amaechi(2013-2015) was the height of it in Rivers state
You have opened another door for matured discussion this morning from me, so let's keep it flowing .let me give you at least 3 reasons why PDP can never rule Edo at least for the time been but maybe in the future.
1. Edo state was bastardised by PDP maladministration of Lucky igbinedion and Osunbor,and there is this resentment of the people towards any thing that starts with P.
2.APC controls the federal and the state which will definitely make it a hard nut for PDP to crack.
3.lastly Even though the Governor is misbehaving in some aspect which also makes him human,His developmental strides has enabled him win d heart of the people.
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 13, 2015
homesteady:
This Oshiomhole is a very useless man.
Due to the mass protest that happened in Benin against his government, another set of rented crowd staged their protest to defend him.

He started telling them that Lucky igbenedion took government lands worth hundreds of thousands hectares and distributed it to his family members and his government would sue lucky.
This is Oshiomhole's 7th year in office, and he is still telling people this crap, he is still blaming a government that left 7 years ago for his ineptitude. Who doesn't know Lucky distributed land to his family members? because his rating is at an all time low, he is now trying to bring up silly cases to increase his rating.

Distraction is his name and diversion is his game.

Oshiomole is a hypocrite and by far the worst thing to happen to Edo

Lucky was a dunce and a thief but at least he never claimed pious or tried to blame others unlike this shameless customer and oko ashewoe oshiomole.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2015
abiolert:

You have opened another door for matured discussion this morning from me, so let's keep it flowing .let me give you at least 3 reasons why PDP can never rule Edo at least for the time been but maybe in the future.
1. Edo state was bastardised by PDP maladministration of Lucky igbinedion and Osunbor,and there is this resentment of the people towards any thing that starts with P.
2.APC controls the federal and the state which will definitely make it a hard nut for PDP to crack.
3.lastly Even though the Governor is misbehaving in some aspect which also makes him human,His developmental strides has enabled him win d heart of the people.
1. Perhaps I should invite Erunz and Mogidi

2. APC is on a borrowed time in Edo

3. The Oshio-love died in 2013 when he started manifesting his fraud

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by ChappyChase: 7:43am On Nov 13, 2015
EternalTruths:
I think Lara has made this guy stupiddddddd angry

Ever since he married her, his mumurity increased. angry

Since investors did not come to build industries, why not build industries and sell the shares to local and foreign investors.

Most Nigerians don't know that investors like putting money in already established businesses than build new ones

Even China and Russia followed this path to achieve industrialization

Therefore it is wise to build with the intention to sell it to local and foreign investors through the stock market

Anyway , all APC governors are thieves.

While the people are not wise for voting JUJU called CHANGE grin
It seems I will buy this your idea, cause I can't seem to rap my hands around the reason why one of the acclaimed best governor edo has ever gotten will just go awol in less than 2weeks after he Got Married! Well I suspected something fishy when he dumped his khaki for a designers suit few days after he got married!
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by Mogidi: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2015
abiolert:

What is this one saying?
Which part of Edo would vote APC considering PDP has zoned governorship position to the Binis while the APC has zoned theirs to Esan.
How would APC win Edo with an Esan that is traditionally PDP? Where would the votes come from?

Tonyebarcanista thanks for the alert, imagine a governor blaming rainfall for his inability to maintain good roads.

On the state of roads in the state especially Benin City, capital of the state, the governor promised mass rehabilitation of roads and the continuation of existing ones, saying that the reason for this was as a result of the rains which according to him not conducive for road construction and rehabilitation.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Mogidi:

What is this one saying?
Which part of Edo would vote APC considering PDP has zoned governorship position to the Binis while the APC has zoned theirs to Esan.
How would APC win Edo with an Esan that is traditionally PDP? Where would the votes come from?

Tonyebarcanista thanks for the alert, imagine a governor blaming rainfall for his inability to maintain good roads.

Finish Him.. grin

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by Theflint1(m): 8:10am On Nov 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

1. Perhaps I should invite Erunz and Mogidi

2. APC is on a borrowed time in Edo

3. The Oshio-love died in 2013 when he started manifesting his fraud
The same trend I noticed before the 2015 general elections when I was hearing dissatisfaction with Jonathan's government in Edo state is playing again, this time against an APC led government. Edolites are tired of APC in Edo State, the only problem is that PDP has no reliable candidate for the governorship election. The only candidate that would have easily won it for PDP- Osunbor, switched to APC as soon as Buhari won (wonder how some politicians can be so dull).

Edo is PDP'S for the taking but they have to pick someone better than Iyamu and his likes. Nobody will vote for Iyamu.
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by abiolert(m): 8:14am On Nov 13, 2015
Mogidi:

What is this one saying?

For your information what do u know about Edo politics well I presume that you are from there.well let me intimate u wit the fact that APC has not picked a candidate from any of the senatorial district but i bet you bro APC is also fielding a Benin man so its going to be a battle of the south as Edo north is for Apc ,Edo central for PDP and Edo south will be the decider.so get your facts right abeg before u start inviting Barcanister who is not from Edo to do your debate for you.Even if you bring Aneni here it won't change the fact on ground.
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by Mogidi: 8:15am On Nov 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Finish Him.. grin

Hehehe, bros I dey go out ja re, would be back tonight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by abiolert(m): 8:17am On Nov 13, 2015
Theflint1:
The same trend I noticed before the 2015 general elections when I was hearing dissatisfaction with Jonathan's government in Edo state is playing again, this time against an APC led government. Edolites are tired of APC in Edo State, the only problem is that PDP has no reliable candidate for the governorship election. The only candidate that would have easily won it for PDP- Osunbor, switched to APC as soon as Buhari won (wonder how some politicians can be so dull).

Edo is PDP'S for the taking but they have to pick someone better than Iyamu and his likes. Nobody will vote for Iyamu.
The truth is that the candidates from PdP are all criminals. So forget them no gud candidate from Edo south from PDP.
Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by Mogidi: 8:20am On Nov 13, 2015
abiolert:

For your information what do u know about Edo politics well I presume that you are from there.well let me intimate u wit the fact that APC has not picked a candidate from any of the senatorial district but i bet you bro APC is also fielding a Benin man so its going to be a battle of the south as Edo north is for Apc ,Edo central for PDP and Edo south will be the decider.so get your facts right abeg before u start inviting Barcanister who is not from Edo to do your debate for you.Even if you bring Aneni here it won't change the fact on ground.

All indications point to APC fielding "the rice man" who is from Ewohimi in Esan. APC would be lucky to win a village in Ewohimi because Edo central is PDP.

Pastor Ize-Iyamu is our next governor and has already pledged to revive our industries, something Adamu couldn't do in 7yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 13, 2015
Nobody should underestimate the rigging capacity and lengths at which the APC will go to ensure Edo remains APC.

Oshiomole can not afford to have his shoddy dealings exposed just as Amaechi and Roch as did in Rivers and Imo recently.

The APC will use the election tribunals and Judiciary to subvert the final outcome and you can bet that Buhari will use the security forces to defranchise voters to the extent of snatching ballot boxes.

Once APC janjawiids take roots it is very difficult to uproot them as they will use every crooked means to remain in power ( see the Southwest for reference).

The Edo people have only themselves to blame for all this

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why My Govt Did Not Build Industries In Edo by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:35am On Nov 13, 2015
He wants to create enabling environment for investors yet they no gree come Osho is a joke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Desert Bikers / President Buhari Tweets Support For Brussels Explosion, Nigerians Clap At Him / Imo Police Command Arrest Four Priests, Shuts Down Cathedral Over Dpo’s Shooting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.