Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? (2269 Views)

Can't Nigerians Do Without Jonathan & Buhari? / Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) / Breaking News Fg To Sack All Civil Servants (cos of strike and protest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by launique: 8:59am On Jul 15, 2013
Why is it that Nigerians shy away from sustained mass action and protests like their counterparts in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Bahrain and USA? Why do we prefer to protest from the comfort and luxury of our bedrooms with our laptops and mobile phones instead of taking to the streets to pour out our frustrations. We prefer to protest and insult our leaders with our phones and laptops behind the veil of anonymous monikers? what are we afraid of or are we scared that nobody will listen to us? Egyptians alone have toppled two administrations and one regime over the past two years (Mubarak, Field Marshal Tantawi and Mursi) just by trooping to the streets and singing protest songs? By so doing they captured the attention of the whole world which sped up the revolution. A typical Nigerian only knows how to complain and complain and complain when he is with his friends or at the beer parlor or when she gossips at the salon. When are we going to have our own Nigerian Revolution, Naija Harmattan or whatever?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 15, 2013
la_unique: Why is it that Nigerians shy away from sustained mass action and protests like their counterparts in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Bahrain and USA? Why do we prefer to protest from the comfort and luxury of our bedrooms with our laptops and mobile phones instead of taking to the streets to pour out our frustrations. We prefer to protest and insult our leaders with our phones and laptops behind the veil of anonymous monikers? what are we afraid of or are we scared that nobody will listen to us? Egyptians alone have toppled two administrations and one regime over the past two years (Mubarak, Field Marshal Tantawi and Mursi) just by trooping to the streets and singing protest songs? By so doing they captured the attention of the whole world which sped up the revolution. When are we going to have our own Nigerian Revolution, Naija Harmattan or whatever?

The people of the Eastern Region wont let it work.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by launique: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2013
It is a collective affliction and misfortune that cannot be narrowed down to or blamed on a particular region
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 15, 2013
la_unique: It is a collective affliction and misfortune that cannot be narrowed down to or blamed on a particular region

Deceive yourself all you want instead of speaking up and telling the truth as it is. Yeah, I guess it pays to be politically correct so u can look detribalized and neutral. Dude, truth is the Eastern Region is the only section giving this present Govt the balls to act with impunity. Whether you want to admit it or not thats your problem. Tell me, when Occupy Nigeria happened which Region killed it with their inaction? Which Region voted (somes as much as 2000 times by one person--- we saw it on Youtube) for this present Govt? Which Region of the country continues to overwhelmingly support this Govt. inspite of its terrible record on Corruption and graft.

Collective affliction and misfortune indeed. When youre ready u'll tell urselves the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by mickyarams: 9:20am On Jul 15, 2013
Because Nigerians would rather spend time and donate money to religious leaders that brain washes them God will magically turn their situation around.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Linoversace: 9:21am On Jul 15, 2013
Have you watched the videos on youtube? There's no such thing as a peaceful protest! You might be anxious to see some action,i bet you when it starts you'll be praying for an end to it!
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by nedu2000(m): 9:22am On Jul 15, 2013
kingoflag:

why?haven't they've fought their war in the past?make una start una own

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by stanogb(m): 9:26am On Jul 15, 2013
Peharps you can lead the protest...better stop behaving like we are still in the rococo era, this is the 21st century in Nigeria not egypt.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2013
Majority of Nigerians are not Muslims, therefore one should expect some level rationality and not extrimism that seem to drive some muslims. Nigerians are highly tribalistic and this started with the founding fathers like Bello and Awolowo etc
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by IGBOSON1: 9:36am On Jul 15, 2013
nedu2000: why?haven't they've fought their war in the past?make una start una own

^^^Don't mind the guy abeg! If he cares about his dear 'nation' that much why doesn't he immolate himself in protest. After all, that's how the arab-spring started innit?.....but he'll say 'no thanks, let an Igbo do it instead'!

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 15, 2013
kingoflag:

You should have started the mobilization when someone from the former eastern region wasn't at the helm of affairs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 15, 2013
When I see people advocating for revolution and then cite Egypt, Libya and Syria as examples I just shake my head for them. what do those countries have to show for their revolution fights except massacre, war and grief. I won't be surprised if op is sitting down in a comfy house in US typing this.Abeg no bring that kind talk here o I am not ready to lose any member of my family. If you really want to do this go and meet mend or boko haram, ask for bomb, strap yourself and find your way into their mist.

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 15, 2013
nedu2000: why?haven't they've fought their war in the past?make una start una own

You sure? You want the United States to go to war with Nigeria?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2013
dozzybaba: You should have started the mobilization when someone from the former eastern region wasn't at the helm of affairs.

Tribalism wont kill u donkeys. Actually, I hope it does kill you clowns.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by alaoeri: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2013
Op thought u are one of GEJ a$$ lickers, why did u wanna revolt against your very own.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Wendyslim(f): 10:18am On Jul 15, 2013
We Nigerians are voiceless so if dey try anything dey may end up in police custody undecided undecided
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by NEROSKY(m): 10:26am On Jul 15, 2013
Believe me, it's the only thing I like from that arab people, you can't tell them nonsense as a leader... It will only work if 85% of Nigerians are Muslims.. But in Nigeria case, i don't think Muslims are up to 45%(yoruba man nogo won die, so as igbo)but i can bet u hausas can protest till death do them apart with just lil promise, That the only thing I really like about Muslims, they have one mouth, Nigeria is a confused nation, is only God can save us from this legal criminals.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by NEROSKY(m): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2013
kingoflag:

Am from Enugu, i think the guy is somehow right..

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 15, 2013
NEROSKY:

Am from Enugu, i think the guy is somehow right..

What has u being from Anugu got to do with if Men did really land on the moon?
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by NEROSKY(m): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2013
kingoflag:

What has u being from Anugu got to do with if Men did really land on the moon?

I how we easterners behave
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by launique: 11:34am On Jul 15, 2013
Linoversace: Have you watched the videos on youtube? There's no such thing as a peaceful protest! You might be anxious to see some action,i bet you when it starts you'll be praying for an end to it!
There is always a price to pay
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by launique: 11:43am On Jul 15, 2013
honey86: When I see people advocating for revolution and then cite Egypt, Libya and Syria as examples I just shake my head for them. what do those countries have to show for their revolution fights except massacre, war and grief. I won't be surprised if op is sitting down in a comfy house in US typing this.Abeg no bring that kind talk here o I am not ready to lose any member of my family. If you really want to do this go and meet mend or boko haram, ask for bomb, strap yourself and find your way into their mist.
Why is it so difficult for people to understand the simplest of things By protest I don't mean trooping to the streets and throwing stones at each other. Have you forgotten what Mahatma Gandhi did? He led one of the biggest protests the world has ever seen to drive the British out of India yet not a single protester drew blood from an opponent. There is something called a peaceful protest like sit-ins or protest marches. Not all protests are violent my dear.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by launique: 11:46am On Jul 15, 2013
alaoeri: Op thought u are one of GEJ a$$ lickers, why did u wanna revolt against your very own.
Nairalanders you guys like to misunderstand yourselves. That I was defending Jonathan against Amaechi does not mean that I approve of all his other actions.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by launique: 11:47am On Jul 15, 2013
NEROSKY: Believe me, it's the only thing I like from that arab people, you can't tell them nonsense as a leader... It will only work if 85% of Nigerians are Muslims.. But in Nigeria case, i don't think Muslims are up to 45%(yoruba man nogo won die, so as igbo)but i can bet u hausas can protest till death do them apart with just lil promise, That the only thing I really like about Muslims, they have one mouth, Nigeria is a confused nation, is only God can save us from this legal criminals.
true talk
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by PointB: 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2013
kingoflag:

Lol, Sad tribalist!
So the people of Eastern Region are holding your balls? Are you truly lily-livered? grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by TechRev: 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
kingoflag:

Lol cry cry baby. And you cant do nothing about it!!! The Eastern Region glued your a55 on the chair. Go eagle square go start am naa if blood dey flow for your veins.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
PointB:

Lol, Sad tribalist!
So the people of Eastern Region are holding your balls? Are you truly lily-livered? grin grin cheesy cheesy
Ohh see kettle
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by nedu2000(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
la_unique: Why is it so difficult for people to understand the simplest of things By protest I don't mean trooping to the streets and throwing stones at each other. Have you forgotten what Mahatma Gandhi did? He led one of the biggest protests the world has ever seen to drive the British out of India yet not a single protester drew blood from an opponent. There is something called a peaceful protest like sit-ins or protest marches. Not all protests are violent my dear.
peaceful protests won't produce any result in countries like ours or those in africa/middle east,can I start a 'sit-at-home' protest when I'm already tired of 'sitting at home' 'cos ders И̣̣̣̥o job,or can I embark on a hunger strike when I never had food in the 1st place........peaceful protest 4 all already insensitive govt produces И̣̣̣̥o results
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Horus(m): 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
la_unique: Why is it that Nigerians shy away from sustained mass action and protests like their counterparts in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Bahrain and USA? Why do we prefer to protest from the comfort and luxury of our bedrooms with our laptops and mobile phones instead of taking to the streets to pour out our frustrations. We prefer to protest and insult our leaders with our phones and laptops behind the veil of anonymous monikers? what are we afraid of or are we scared that nobody will listen to us? Egyptians alone have toppled two administrations and one regime over the past two years (Mubarak, Field Marshal Tantawi and Mursi) just by trooping to the streets and singing protest songs? By so doing they captured the attention of the whole world which sped up the revolution. A typical Nigerian only knows how to complain and complain and complain when he is with his friends or at the beer parlor or when she gossips at the salon. When are we going to have our own Nigerian Revolution, Naija Harmattan or whatever?

It is futile trying to unite Nigerians, physically, without first uniting them, mentally. When the mind is out of order, the person is out of order. When the minds of Nigerians are divided, the physical persons are divided. There can be no mental unity as long as tribalism and religious bigotry is upon Nigerians. If the minds of Nigerians are free from tribalism and religious bigotry, the physical persons are free or will soon be free, because the mind is the control, and thereby determines the course that the person or persons will take. When destruction of tribalism and religious bigotry is complete, Nigerians will have a free and united mind without confusion, ignorance and apathy.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by PointB: 3:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
Obiagelli:
Ohh see kettle

The way you stalk me; pray, say, have we met? wink wink
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
kingoflag:

From time immemorial, when you mention tribalism, we know those who carry it like tribal marks....it's definitely not the ubiquitous ppl of Eastern Nigeria. Even their former premier wore it like Agbada.
Re: Why Can't Nigerians Be Like The Egyptians And Protest Against Bad Leadership? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
Igbos are having the best of time...they feel they are in control, it's their presidential slot..so why must they join other part of the country to 'destroy our son and our presidency' ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is No Honest Person In Nigeria By Onyeka Nwelue / Peter Obi: So, This NGIGE Is Still Popular Despite All We Have Done? / APC Just Paid Helpless Students To Invade Abuja Streets To Protest (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.