Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? (8797 Views)

Fbi's Most Wanted Nigerian Criminals / Nlanders List Your 5. Top Nigerian Criminals Of Your Choice + Reasons. / Northern Ambassador Tells Host Country That Nigerian Criminals Are Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Reverend(m): 7:52pm On May 30, 2006
@ Kimba

Lets take the 419 scum as being the ants. If that was the case I would go to the nest and exterminate them all!

Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Reverend(m): 8:13pm On May 30, 2006
One thing is for sure. many of the scammers are not very bright!

You can see all the 419 scammers that were scammed here:-

http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Jakumo(m): 8:42pm On May 30, 2006
Ah yes, what some folks would do for free cash - even if it never actually materializes.  I just love the looks of intense concentration and canine anticipation on the faces of those prick-heads.    Reverend my favorite trophy from 419eater would have to be the "Order of the Red Breast" episode which made Sky News and featured a series of hilarious photographs of a big fat blubbery Nigerian who was persuaded to pose half-naked with red circles painted around his grotesque pendulous breasts.   That timeless classic was acquired after great perseverance and then displayed for the world to see by none other than the fabled Shiver Metimbers himself, the Big Kahoona and creator of the 419eater website, which incidentally has played pivotal roles in sending more that a few 419 jockeys into nice warm jail cells worldwide.   

It will interest any 419er fans and admirers in the house to learn that one of the most senior slimeball smashers based with 419eater is an IGBO man who evidently translated his rage at the antics of his countrymen into a very effective counter attack, using his knowledge of the Igbo language to run circles around his criminal adversaries while causing them to waste enormous amounts of time and money in futile wild goose chases to win prizes that exist only in empty promises.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by carly1958: 9:18pm On May 30, 2006
cry This is for Kazey and the Reverend.

Personally, no one deserves to be scammed. Secondly, me being an American, I resent being a fucking target. Moreover, I was scammed for money on a dating site by a Nigerian who claimed he loved me but needed money so that he could come to U.S. and be with me. How gullible I was to think that this person was even remotely honest and kind enough to want to marry me or love me -- For this and you call me, the victim, a thief? What the Bleep did I steel? Not a fucking thing.

Well, thanks to some real bad Nigerians, I will never trust again.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Jakumo(m): 10:18pm On May 30, 2006
Carly.1958 sorry to hear of your misfortune in love, but the 419 apologist and spokesman here is neither Reverend nor Kazey but Kimba who just loves the way those scumbuckets ruin lives, and is not afraid to say so. Why Kimba holds all 419 scam victims in such contempt is anyone's guess, but I expect he'll be around shortly to open his gob and spew some more hot air. Stand by for that.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Reverend(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2006
There can be no other explanation other than Kimba is or was actively involved in 419 himself!

That is the only reason that I can think of, also maybe he was stung by a scambaiter from 419eater.com which would explain his bitterness grin
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by kimba(m): 6:14pm On May 31, 2006
@Filch
@ Kimba

Lets take the 419 scum as being the ants. If that was the case I would go to the nest and exterminate them all!
Thats where you missed it. You would end up looking for how many nests of ants in your backyard? How many of them do you want to find out. And after you succeed exterminating all the nests in your backyard, how about those in your neighbors backyard who might not even know there is a nest-in-reality or a nest-in-making at the backyard of his house. How about the nests in your neighborhood that you have no clue about.

Its plain Logic and you just missed it.

Yes, the 419scums are the ants. But if I were you, I'll remove the Sugar on my table, at least before looking for nests, coz as long as theres sugar somewhere open and free for all, the ants will keep coming, and their future route will differ from the route they find to my table and sugar jar today. Thats where the solution to the problem should begin.

Thanks for those pictures. Now, @Filch, @Jakumo, if you come report to me that you got scammed by the likes of people in the pictures posted above, do you expect me to take you guys as serious people? dont you think yourselves might be labelled as suspects?

It is just a very thin line that divides Ignorance and Stupidity.

@Filch, you said
One thing is for sure. many of the scammers are not very bright!
THe way these guys look, you would note that they havent gotten an ounce of IQ because if they did, their head should have informed them that such pictures with such inscriptiions should have something fishy about it. Or would you admit that such people of a mean estate are wiser/smarter than you are? if so, then I think you have got a problem and your problem might be greater than theirs. If someone who "isnt bright" outsmarts the bright/averagely bright, dont you think there is a problem somewhere?

Its like this: if you see a fool on the street, and you sit and begin to jist and laugh with such, dont you think people passing by would conclude that 2-fools have arrived at the corner of the street?

@Jakumo
Carly.1958 sorry to hear of your misfortune in love, but the 419 apologist and spokesman here is neither Reverend nor Kazey but Kimba who just loves the way those scumbuckets ruin lives, and is not afraid to say so

@Filch
There can be no other explanation other than Kimba is or was actively involved in 419 himself

@Filch, @Jakumo
Can you please pinpoint where exactly, since the beginning of this thread, that I have encouraged, promoted/said that 419 scammers are doing something good?

The whole world knows Nigeria plus 419 is a problem. It has been and its affecting everybody. How do we solve it. Is it by killing all the scammers? where are they? How many US Marines can pick out the scammers in Nigeria. Where is the govt to eradicate them? will some of them ever be arrested? where are the Nigerian citizens to cooperate and pick out all the scammers in their neighborhood? with the advancements in technology, wont they get smarter too? The internet is basically virtual reality, its where impossibilities become possible. How do we go around it and nail the person sitting behind the PC at the moment he gets there to perpetrate evil. He could be in your backyard and yet appear to you as being far away.

There is a problem, what is, who is, where is the solution?

Now guys, get this straight: rather than attacking Kimba - the person, because you cant answer his questions, because you dont share the same view as his, why not get your references out, put your biases aside and discuss issues on a reasonable educated level. Ive read your posts here and there, on various threads, and you guys are like secondary school children who begin to abuse themselves and one-anothers parents once they disagree that 1+1 wont always equal to 2. Im not bothered by your attacks, neither would I reply you foul-words for foul-words. Im more than that. Besides its an indication of immaturity on your part. Usually, people cant communicate better than the tenses they use in writing. so im not surprised.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Mariory(m): 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2006
kimba:

@FilchThats where you missed it. You would end up looking for how many nests of ants in your backyard? How many of them do you want to find out. And after you succeed exterminating all the nests in your backyard, how about those in your neighbors backyard who might not even know there is a nest-in-reality or a nest-in-making at the backyard of his house. How about the nests in your neighborhood that you have no clue about.

Its plain Logic and you just missed it.

Yes, the 419scums are the ants. But if I were you, I'll remove the Sugar on my table, at least before looking for nests, because as long as theres sugar somewhere open and free for all, the ants will keep coming, and their future route will differ from the route they find to my table and sugar jar today. Thats where the solution to the problem should begin.

Thanks for those pictures. Now, @Filch, @Jakumo, if you come report to me that you got scammed by the likes of people in the pictures posted above, do you expect me to take you guys as serious people? don't you think yourselves might be labelled as suspects?

It is just a very thin line that divides Ignorance and Stupidity.
The basis of the argument was your proposed solution to the problem. That is, to treat the scammers and the victims the same way. Which by all measures of reliaty and legality absolutely cannot happen.

You should keep in mind that most of the users on the World Wide Web are not experienced with computers. What is needed is an educative campaign which the mainstream media don't seem interested in. In comparison, I notice that with almost every new blockbuster hollywood movie released these days, there is a segment dedicated to piracy, and file sharing. Goes to show you how selective the media are with their stories.

Only once I have seen a section of the news dedicated to talking about spam. Which second to malware is probably the largest money losing source in regards to cyber crime for individuals and companies.

Now since most of the scams originate from internet cafes whether in Nigeria or not, how do you begin to trace the scammer sending out the emails?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Odeku(m): 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2006
Last week 550 Nigeria's were arrested in Houston for all Nefarious activities, most of this people are the 419 scammers. I am glad to see all this bastard useless good for nothing people taken off the street. This people are losers that prey on Innocent life's and need to be in jail
please lets start a trend and start forwarding the schemers email to

fpro@nigeriapolice.org

FBI

https://complaint.ic3.gov/Default.aspx
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2006
This is a country that says it believes in the lord almighty. These scum are so called church going people that go to church ever week and take the bible to its word….bull shit…it says in the bible i.e. thy shall not lie, thy shall not steel. I was never a racist person until I met a young lady on a web site, and I did donate a lot of money to this country each year but never again, the faster that all the people in this country are dead the better for the white man it will be. Her name is that of Miss Bright Carey Spencer or Miss Carey Tolla Spencer. I met this lying bitch 15 months ago and all it has been is lie after lie. This black bitch scammed me out of a lot of money in the name of love, in the name of a wonderful and happy future. With the help of other black people I have been scammed and all I have to show for it is a load of fake cheques. The Nigerian government is a waste of space and so is the law in Nigeria. I have given them so much info about this black scammer that even a white child could find her but not a black Nigerian person. I have a list of phone numbers that swear she is not a scammer….bull shit… what pisses me off even more is that this bitch is in the U.K. working. Yes she travels back and fourth to make money here and then goes back to Nigeria to scam white men out of more money. They call this the motherland, the sooner the motherland is dead and all the black peoples the better and every government and business should look at this waste land and think before helping again. It is full of scammers and liars, not even worth pissing on…
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Drusilla(f): 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2006
Truewhite,

What do you think Black people should think about Whites and the European motherland, Europe?

We have spent centuries being ripped off by them.

Should we be hoping all White people die off and that Europe is destroyed?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2006
the truth is that the world would be a better place if there were no Nigerians and it is not just men women are just the same, miss carey bright spencer/ miss carey tolla spencer, if you ever see this bitch kill her for me, she lifes in ikeja and when you are about it so is mr sunday and all these people who answer the phones and lies for her, 00234 8028306967
00234 8057539064
00234 8039233688
00234 8060069714
00234 8023059998
00234 8056624045
00234 8054636681
002341 72247545
00234 8024416807
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2006
when was the last time an honest hard working white man scam'd a nigerian? it is only the white people at the top that ripe you off. not the small man/woman that works day in day out trying to better himself/herself. just like your own government and people at the top in your own country, i would never sell the words of love to anyone but it seems that in your shit hole of a country it is a way of life, you do not think about what it does to the person in question. i may have lost a lot of money but the feeling i have for this person goes much deeper even though she is black, i offered her a better way of life by living here in a country that has opporunities and all she could do was steel my love to steel my money, if you want to steel from someone steel from the rich not the hard working class that try to make ends meet.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by baby4u2(f): 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2006
@truewhite, whats your story? i can see your really hurt.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Odeku(m): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2006
Truewhite, you need to learn how to spell “opporunities” before you come to this chat room and talk rubbish about Nigeria, I am a true Nigerian and I live in Chicago, I have never stolen or scam any one out of money. If you are dumb and silly enough to fall for some scam over the net, then you need to do some soul searching, People scam people all over the world, they just do it in a civilized way, I don’t support or encourage the miscreant Nigerians on the NET, but at the same time there are more respectable and reputable Nigerians both at home and abroad.  You calling Nigeria a hole is stupid, you need to go visit Nigeria to see what Africa has to offer the world.  The people are fascinating and loving.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by mamaput(f): 10:39pm On Jul 01, 2006
I too do not understand how anyone can give someone money they met over the net.
Every child knows that.
Even my kids know .
Do not give any one your name or Nr .
That were it starts. and the older you get the more laws come in.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 9:22am On Jul 02, 2006
Dear Odeku.

That’s low, to say that because a person can’t spell, he/she does not have a right to an opinion. Next you will be saying that a person with no legs has no right to have the chance to walk or a baby/person with a disability has no right to life? You say that Nigeria is full of loving people, It is a small-minded people like yourself that says a lot about the country.

My story is, I met a young black lady on a web page and over 15 months, every night we shared our love. I thought it was about love and that I was helping her out in her hour of need. I checked her i.p at the start and it was coming from the U.K. I talked to this young lady on the phone when she was in London. She even phoned me when she was in the U.K. even when I spoke to people in Ikeja about her, their all told me she was not a scammer, here and in the U.K. I asked for proof about what she was doing in Nigeria i.e photos, custom papers, passport hotel receipt, she even came on a web cam… I even sent her money in the U.k to prove that she was here, which she picked up. A week later I received a cheque for the money she borrowed and it is fake. She has now changed her phone number and the last words she said to me was goodbye. I have been to the police about it and all their could say was their could not do anything….
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Drusilla(f): 9:58am On Jul 02, 2006
truewhite,

Oh. You shared a true love with a black lady for 15 months but when she needed you, you checked on her like she was a common thief.

Making all the people in her town even know what you really thought about her by all your questions.

I think I might see the problem.

Even the fact that your on the web calling for the deaths of Nigerians. Let's me know exactly why she freaked out and got away from you.

You want to make us think she is a thief but I say she could be no more than a girlfriend who ran off with all the house furniture. Kept the diamond ring. Whatever.

The police evidently agree with me and ain't getting in that boyfriend, girlfriend stuff.

Just because she is a Nigerian, you have racistly assumed she was just a 419.

I don't think the story is that clear cut in this case.

Whatever.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by mamaput(f): 10:09am On Jul 02, 2006
Drusilla Please get real she is a tif and a 419 she took his money without any intension of giving it back to him.
Am sure she doe it with many other people not only him.
We all know that Nigerians do a lot of 419, and drugs.
And that is why we have a very bad reputation.
What you are doing is calling a man eating lion a kitty cat
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by mamaput(f): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2006
The fucking bitch did not live with him have sex with him or cook and clean for him that she can "run with the car or house" They never met face to face.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by IAH(f): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2006
Truewhite is only reacting the way any HUMAN BEING would react if he/she is betrayed, robbed and made fool of. To think he trusted the lady, loved her, etc., I know it can be painful & frustrating. So let the PERFECT human beings who are immune to anger stop shouting at him. As if you won't do worse if you found yourself in his shoes. *loud hiss* This is a clear scam so no need defending it with baseless arguments.

Nevertheless, truewhite you are a FOOL. Sorry but there's no other way to put it, that's what you are. Only a fool gets fooled this way and with all the awareness and stories going on about scam, you still let someone pull the wool over your eyes, parted with your hard-earned money and gave it to someone you've never seen. Isn't that foolish of you?

Don't defend Nigerian Scammers, they are guilty as charged.
Don't defend White Mugus, they are foolish.
To support any of the two parties involved does not make sense.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 10:53am On Jul 02, 2006
This has nothing to do with sex, doing my cleaning, doing my ironing etc etc. this was about trust, I trusted this person and her friends all being Nigerian. This was about a future, being as one, being a family, enjoying life to the full. The way a partnership, relationship should be, that is what life is about is it not? No matter what colour he or she is….

In the 15 months of exchanging the words and feeling of love with this person, I have got to know a lot of young Nigerians who use photos of white people because their think all white people won’t talk to them because of their colour. It has never mattered to me where a person comes from, what their believes are. It is what is on the in side the matters and the way their sell them self. I say sell them self because that is what we all do when we exchange ones opinion. I have read the bible but it does not make me a better person. I have read many books about other religions and I have respect for all. I did have respect for people from Nigeria until I found out that most of the people I have talked to are nothing more than a bunch of lying scammers. My opinion has been made clear even more so when a certain person (Odeku) under minds people because of the way he or she spells. If your country is so nice why did you leave, why is it everywhere you look on the web it is about 419 scam? Only this morning I read that women in Nigeria woke to find a nail in her head. Is that what you call loving people?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2006
this is so called miss spencer

Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 11:29am On Jul 02, 2006
dear Iah

yes i was a fool, a fool to think that anything good could come out of your country.

why do you think i asked for so much info from this person, ie photos, passport, custom papers, hotel receipts, why do you think i phoned people in the U.K and in Nigeria to back up her story?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Drusilla(f): 11:30am On Jul 02, 2006
true white,

How did you have the money to go to her.

Yet for 15 months you did not go see this true love?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2006
She spent a lot of time in Ikeja collecting antiques and bringing them back to the U.K to sell and when she was in the U.K I was working or she would come up with some excuse like the time her mother was in hospital. I asked her to back up her story about her mum being in hospital, which she showed me an email from a friend dated a couple of days before. she also had her friends Mr Sunday from the hotel (Days inn and Towers 00234 8054636681) she stayed in back up her story and the people in the U.K. he convinced me she was no scammer and nor was he? as i have said i phoned lots of people here and in Lagos to comfirm she was not scammer.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Drusilla(f): 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2006
truewhite,

Alright. You were a fool. You've got no one's ass to kick but your own.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by baby4u2(f): 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2006
As u can see truewhite, this post was started to try and sort out scamming problems, not to solve whatever has already happened to u.  take it easy with this ur insults. where did u get that picture from of miss spencer? doesnt she look like a thief? anyway it happened sadly that the only nigerians u got to meet where this so called miss spencer the scammer and the people around her of course which were also scammers. This however has not justified ur point being that all nigerians are scammers. However u may be hurting because of the money that was taken from u, u have to also consider ur own foolishness and work on ways never to repeat it again. First off, how can u be so in love with someone for 15months and never have set eyes on her but only thru pictures, emails and phone calls? Then again why was it that u had to send her money constantly? Didnt u hear of a guy in america that doctors found a nail in his head? That nigerian woman with a nail iin her head didnt happen today. If we are wicked because of her story then americans are wicked too. Get ur story straight before critizisim nigerians. Sorry for loosing ur precious love, time and especially money. Find miss spencer and deal with her dont come here and disrespect other nigerians.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2006
Is this place not for ones opinions? How can one say who looks like a thief? Does that not mean that everyone you see is either a thief, a murder? Do you not trust anyone you talk too? This has nothing too do with money as that will be and can be replaced. This has to do with respect and I have not had none from anyone of the Nigerians I have spoke too about Miss Spencer, not one of these gutless people nor Miss Spencer has told me the truth and that is what I want from these people.

As for you point about a person with a nail in her/his head I was referring too a point made to me by someone that wrote to me saying that Nigerian are a loving bunch of people. I know that Americans like other countries in this world have bad people but to the landmass and population Nigeria is the worst. You tell me one other country that you find on the internet that has such a bad name?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2006
or are you saying because she is black and from nigeria she is a thief?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Seun(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2006
truewhite, why not contact the EFCC with the picture you have of her? Maybe they can invite her for a chat?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by truewhite: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2006
i have done that and i have sent it to your govenment. along with the phone number i have. i would have thought that i would have heard something back by now but no,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FOI: Buhari’s State House Among Most Non-Transparent Govt Institutions – Survey / Bishop Chris Udeh: Prominent Igbos Must Secure Kanu's Release To Save SE Economy / How Much Does A Local Govt. Councillor Earn In A Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.