Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP (4061 Views)

Ex-ministers Of Defence, Army Chiefs Jittery As COAS Sets Up New Probe Panel / Photo:Gen.Obasanjo & Lt.Gen.T.Y. Danjuma With His Wife In Calabar On 14 May 1978 / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by nduchucks: 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
Justice would be fully served when Al Mustapha is fully reabsorbed into the army and given his rightful rank/position - Brigadier General/Chief Of Army Staff. Ihejirika has done enough harm to that office.

If GEJ does not have the stomach for that, Governor Al Mustapha or Senator Al Mustapha would be just fine, come 2015.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by manny4life(m): 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
ndu_chucks: Justice would be fully served when Al Mustapha is fully reabsorbed into the army and given his rightful rank/position - Brigadier General/Chief Of Army Staff. Ihejirika has done enough harm to that office.

If GEJ does not have the stomach for that, Governor Al Mustapha or Senator Al Mustapha would be just fine, come 2015.

You funny o, if Gen. Ihejirka as a Lieutenant General holds that position, what makes you think a lower ranking one-star general will assume such position? Abi is the ranking not - Brigadier, Major, Lieutenant and then General of the Army?
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Abagworo(m): 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
manny4life:

You funny o, if Gen. Ihejirka as a Lieutenant General holds that position, what makes you think a lower ranking one-star general will assume such position? Abi is the ranking not - Brigadier, Major, Lieutenant and then General of the Army?

I think he mistook Brigadier as being higher than Lieutenant General. Ihejirika is not doing bad but I heard he's gunning for Abia Governorship after retirement. That's the part that will make things ugly.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by nduchucks: 12:03am On Jul 16, 2013
manny4life:

You missed the point. I remind you that Lt Col Yakubu Gowon and later, Lt Col Joseph Akahan were COAS at some point in time even when there were higher ranking officers in the army. Its time to retire a whole host of Generals including the Ihejirika anyway.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Ngwakwe: 12:05am On Jul 16, 2013
You don follow for gossip anywhere you go?

Abagworo:

I think he mistook Brigadier as being higher than Lieutenant General. Ihejirika is not doing bad but I heard he's gunning for Abia Governorship after retirement. That's the part that will make things ugly.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 16, 2013
Recruit (Lowest)
Private
Lance Corporal
Corporal
Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Army Warrant Officer
Second Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Captain
Major
Lieutenant Colonel
Colonel
Brigadier General
Major General
Lieutenant General
General
Field Marshal (Highest)

1 Like

Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Ngwakwe: 12:07am On Jul 16, 2013
Check the title of your thread. It seems you are confused.

ndu_chucks:

You missed the point. I remind you that Lt Col Yakubu Gowon and later, Lt Col Joseph Akahan were COAS at some point in time even when there were higher ranking officers in the army. Its time to retire a whole host of Generals including the Ihejirika anyway.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by nduchucks: 12:07am On Jul 16, 2013
Ngwakwe: Check the title of your thread. It seems you are confused.

No confusion here buddy. Your man and other rogue Generals should be retired and cleared out for competent people
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Hadone(m): 12:08am On Jul 16, 2013
I SO WISH IT WILL BE REALITY
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by IdomaLikita: 12:13am On Jul 16, 2013
Mumu Thread
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Ngwakwe: 12:20am On Jul 16, 2013
Now I understand, Ihejirika is my man while Al Mustapha is your man and by unwritten constitution the North is born to rule hence any other tribesman with a higher rank must give way for a coup plotter cum murderer to assume leadership of the Army and by extension to overthrow GEJ

ndu_chucks:

No confusion here buddy. Your man and other rogue Generals should be retired and cleared out for competent people

10 Likes

Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by nduchucks: 12:29am On Jul 16, 2013
Ngwakwe: Now I understand, Ihejirika is my man while Al Mustapha is your man and by unwritten constitution the North is born to rule hence any other tribesman with a higher rank must give way for a coup plotter cum murderer to assume leadership of the Army and by extension to overthrow GEJ

I suppose you have not yet learnt that I have zero tolerance for for thieves and incompetent people put in leadership positions in Nigeria. Many of the Generals who need to be weeded out are from both the North and the South. You have no idea how they are enriching themselves while hiding under the skirts of fighting BH.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by manny4life(m): 12:34am On Jul 16, 2013
Abagworo:

Well good for him, as long as when he wins, he doesn't rule the state like a war zone using ORDERS.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by manny4life(m): 12:39am On Jul 16, 2013
ndu_chucks:

That Nigeria did not have structure back then was a testament of our failure, the army now has good structure and balance. To assume the position of a Chief, in a good army structure, the top tiered ranking officers are only competent for such positions. You cannot retire Major General, Lieutenant Generals and Generals of the army only to leave a mere brigadier who was acquitted of a murder case to be the highest ranking army official.

Sorry bros, but this argument I'm not buying. Even in the US, Col and even Brigadier Generals are NOT part of the Joint Chiefs let alone being the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

4 Likes

Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by lacasa: 12:44am On Jul 16, 2013
Give us the needed Coup General Al-Mustapha asap
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by nduchucks: 12:48am On Jul 16, 2013
manny4life:

That Nigeria did not have structure back then was a testament of our failure, the army now has good structure and balance. To assume the position of a Chief, in a good army structure, the top tiered ranking officers are only competent for such positions. You cannot retire Major General, Lieutenant Generals and Generals of the army only to leave a mere brigadier who was acquitted of a murder case to be the highest ranking army official.

Sorry bros, but this argument I'm not buying. Even in the US, Col and even Brigadier Generals are NOT part of the Joint Chiefs let alone being the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

I hope you noticed that I put "Brigadier General" in quotes in the thread's title. Now,please answer this question honestly: If Al Mustapha is made a Lt General, would your objection to my wish reduce? Is Al Mustapha's name more problematic to you than any Army structure? Are you a closet "tttttttrx"?
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by ChrisOD: 12:49am On Jul 16, 2013
I trust Ihejirika. He will place that lucky murderer in the office with no khaki boys around him.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by confusion247(m): 1:17am On Jul 16, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I hope you noticed that I put "Brigadier General" in quotes in the thread's title. Now,please answer this question honestly: If Al Mustapha is made a Lt General, would your objection to my wish reduce? Is Al Mustapha's name more problematic to you than any Army structure? Are you a closet "tttttttrx"?
I think you are wasting your time on nairaland, kindly go down to army headquarters and send Ihejirika parking. Your own way to fight corruption is to retire army them rather than prosecute them. sentimental bigot!!!

1 Like

Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by nduchucks: 1:37am On Jul 16, 2013
confusion247:
I think you are wasting your time on nairaland, kindly go down to army headquarters and send Ihejirika parking. Your own way to fight corruption is to retire army them rather than prosecute them. sentimental bigot!!!

You want to prosecute corrupt Army officers in Nigeria, ko? Please enumerate the number of corrupt Army officials, politicians, and other government officials who are currently serving very long prison terms. I'd rather line them up for target practice and stone the mofos.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 16, 2013
Idiotic thread... He should straight be given brigadier general,because he is a superman or he is using a spell of some sort. What of those who have ben serving in the army?
I think i know the problem of the Op. Its called in pidgin: IGG- initial gra gra.
The op should go and sleep if he cant present logical reasons why the post should be handed straight to him. Is it his birthright?
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Nobody: 2:32am On Jul 16, 2013
Hamza al-mustapha is still a major,he is yet to be promoted to a lt-col let a lone brigadier Gen.

GEJ would only be committing suicide if he should retain the muderer in the army.He should be immediately retired.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Omen100(m): 2:38am On Jul 16, 2013
Ok guys, I have heard both sides & I must say this, pls "its late already, all of you should go and sleep, tomoro na work, abi una nor get work"?
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by dayokanu(m): 2:53am On Jul 16, 2013
I dey laff
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by manny4life(m): 3:14am On Jul 16, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Bia Alj ndu_chuks, I cannot join words with you or argue with you. Whatever you're thinking or assuming, it's your opinion.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Katsumoto: 3:20am On Jul 16, 2013
Ndu_Chuks

What did you smoke today? You want to replace a disciplined officer with a common hitman? Try something else.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Katsumoto: 3:22am On Jul 16, 2013
ndu_chucks: Justice would be fully served when Al Mustapha is fully reabsorbed into the army and given his rightful rank/position - Brigadier General/Chief Of Army Staff. Ihejirika has done enough harm to that office.

Isn't the decision to make Al Mustapha, the murderer, a senator or governor down to his people? Others can't interfere with that but as for COAS, Al Mustapha and you must be on something else.

1 Like

Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by musiwa33: 3:24am On Jul 16, 2013
grin

i like this topic. it is funny, but tell you what your future hold.

it is time i declare to break up nigeria. relocate all member of the army.
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by manny4life(m): 3:26am On Jul 16, 2013
I left NL and came back, ndu_chuks is still smoking that hot ganja...bia nwanne, pass the ganja here jor...lol grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by flexymole: 3:28am On Jul 16, 2013
hmmmm lmao as lwkmd but sha, him no go get dat rank oo cos he needs to go through the normal channel, i see him endin as a retired major, na politics get am..
Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 16, 2013
I will be suing the MD of yaba psychia for being non-vigilant enough when you escaped yesterday causing public pandemonium. Co-plaintiffs who are interested in the suit, should without compulsion sign the document by tapping LIKE.

1 Like

Re: 'Brigadier General' Al Mustapha Should Replace Lt Gen OA Ihejirika As COAS, ASAP by Enegito: 7:13am On Jul 16, 2013
Ooooooooooooooooh i hate to see pple from north talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Picture Of "FUFU AREGBE" From Aregbesola's Supporter / Oyedepo's Church Divided Over Prayer For President Jonathan / Team GMB Vs Team GEJ - RubbinMinds Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.