Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

My Home Is Breaking - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Home Is Breaking (11758 Views)

How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? / Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home? / My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Sweetmom115: 10:20am On Aug 27, 2013
joker5180: and thats the reason why u shouldnt hv gone into this marriage in the first place, u will deliver children who wil practice a religion different frm urs nd u may ultimately lose ur iman(faith). check the english versions of SAHIH BUKARI and SAHIH MUSLIM, read the chapters on marriage u wil get ALL the answers u need. MANY nairalanders dnt understand ur religion and hence give a one sided advice

Thank you so much

I wld reads the verse you mentioned but in situation like dis, wld you advice me to divorce him jst other people said?. Awaits your sincere answer
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 27, 2013
Sweetmom115:

Thank you so much

I wld reads the verse you mentioned but in situation like dis, wld you advice me to divorce him jst other people said?. Awaits your sincere answer
thats the ryt thing to do
Re: My Home Is Breaking by ameenahz(f): 11:15am On Aug 27, 2013
Sweetmom115:

Thank you so much

Sis, AbdH was a bit harsh, but yes, that is the right thing to do. Love is a very small price to pay for Allah's Jannah. And like i said earlier, it is important to be happy especially in marriage but the hereafter is much more important than a 'happy marriage' in this world (see Quran 87 verse 15-16)

And if a divorce isnt going to be 'possible', at least maintain ur position. You both can still work something out as regards the kids. As Deols said, i'm sure he doesnt want to loose you too as much as you dont want to loose him.

The decision is all yours in the end anyway.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by AbdH: 11:24am On Aug 27, 2013
Sweetmom115:

Even when I've a baby for my husband I shld divorce him all in the name of religion?

Thanks alot
Trust me sister, I know now hard it can be but I have no choice but to tell you the absolute truth. The questions you ask now, you should have asked before you got married because it is easier to leave a boyfriend or fiance than leave a husband and child(ren).
You can choose happiness in this life and be unsure of your hereafter by following your spouse or choose happiness in this life and the hereafter by following your Lord.
Many Muslimahs have chosen what seems to be the hard way and have had a better life afterwards.
Mind you, I and others who have advised you in this direction cannot make the decision for you and you have the right to do whatever you deem right.
By the way, I pray Allah guides you and strengthens you in this time of fitnah but nothing should gladden your heart more than the freedom to worship Allah for that is the purpose of our creation.
Ma'salaam.

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
@sweetmom I and other brothers and sisters in islam hv done our best to tell u what we believed is the truth, the decision is now urs. May Allah guide and protect our IMAN
Re: My Home Is Breaking by deols(f): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
@AbdH

Seriously? You know so much about the Qur'an but failed to see the part that says that you should preach to them with wisdom??

How does anyone listen to you if that is the best way to present it? You are doing more harm than good, unfortunately.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by deols(f): 2:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
Sweetmom115:

Thanks alot

I tried to email you but I got failure delivery reply.

Please try again or use the nairaland PM.

You can also give me your email add and I'll send u a mssg in sha Allah.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: My Home Is Breaking by bellong: 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
^^^ That is the advice of religious fanatics
Re: My Home Is Breaking by jaybee3(m): 2:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
I personally don’t think either partner in a relationship/marriage has the right to demand the other change his/her faith to suit his/hers. It does help if you share the same faith and all but surely there are other things to worry about in marriage than religion issues.

I’ve never once asked my wife who is of the Christianity faith change to Islam and I’ve known/dated her for a lil over 13years. We did have the conversation before we started dating though.

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by deols(f): 3:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
bellong: ^^^ That is the advice of religious fanatics

Name calling. Smh

It is normal for people to provide different views.

There was a time a woman came here to claim her husband didnt tell her he was infertile before they got married. 99% of the people on the thread advised her to divorce him because he deceived her. This is also deceit. He waited until they had their child before making religion an issue.From the same point of view, you may be giving same advice and that would be your view.

In the case mentioned, everyone thought having a child was important. In the same view, you can think making it to paradise is a must.

Before you call people names, try to have an understanding of what you would have acted like if presented the same scenario.

You might end up being the real fanatic here for making comments out of prejudice.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by AbdH: 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
deols: @AbdH

Seriously? You know so much about the Qur'an but failed to see the part that says that you should preach to them with wisdom??

How does anyone listen to you if that is the best way to present it? You are doing more harm than good, unfortunately.
"Deols, I just wanted her to know that the situation she has found herself in is a dicey one and the best way out of it is what I and few others have recommended. As for my style of presentation, I apologize to sweetmom115 if I have hurt her for that was not my intention. I hope that the PMs you send each other on this issue and on other issues eventually leads her to the right way.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2013
AbdH:
"Deols, I just wanted her to know that the situation she has found herself in is a dicey one and the best way out of it is what I and few others have recommended. As for my style of presentation, I apologize to sweetmom115 if I have hurt her for that was not my intention. I hope that the PMs you send each other on this issue and on other issues eventually leads her to the right way.

Two Boko brothers caught in this thread.
JTF come with my bonus payment fast.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by biolabee(m): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
Personally... it does not matter which religion she chooses as long as they are both compatible

That is the koko///

Remember she has been hassled already for being unequally yoked

she has now taken the wiser(meeker) path of compromise so that peace can reign grin

bukatyne: I guess we are all saying the mother is wise because her hubby is a Christian.

In as much as marriage is important, our faith in God is much more important. The mom is probably not grounded in her religion that's why she thinks a woman should follow her hubby's religion.

I do not even understand the selfishness in me wanting to serve my God the way I am convinced to.

P.S.: Christians and Muslims do not serve the same God.

This is a big lesson to the singles out there: Do not marry someone of another religion esp. if you know you cannot change.

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
jay bee: I personally don’t think either partner in a relationship/marriage has the right to demand the other change his/her faith to suit his/hers. It does help if you share the same faith and all but surely there are other things to worry about in marriage than religion issues.

I’ve never once asked my wife who is of the Christianity faith change to Islam and I’ve known/dated her for a lil over 13years. We did have the conversation before we started dating though.

urs is different because u r a man. islam permits muslim men to marry non muslim women if they r 'ahlil kitab' but prohibits muslim women frm marrying non muslim men. ur CHILDREN wil most likely grow up as MUSLIMS her CHILDREN will CERTAINLY grow up as NON MUSLIMS. as muslims we believe that islam is the ONLY true religion of GOD, how comfortable will u be been a muslim seeing ur children grow up in a life that will lead them nowhr? we should love for our children what we love for ourselves

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by deols(f): 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
Dominiquez:

Two Boko brothers caught in this thread.
JTF come with my bonus payment fast.

How so nice of you.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by deols(f): 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
joker5180: urs is different because u r a man. islam permits muslim men to marry non muslim women if they r 'ahlil kitab' but prohibits muslim women frm marrying non muslim men. ur CHILDREN wil most likely grow up as MUSLIMS her CHILDREN will CERTAINLY grow up as NON MUSLIMS. as muslims we believe that islam is the ONLY true religion of GOD, how comfortable will u be been a muslim seeing ur children grow up in a life that will lead them nowhr? we should love for our children what we love for ourselves

How are you sure he had that in mind?

Fact is, not everyone knows of these prohibitions and it is wrong to lash out at them for the mistakes thereof.

I am sure many of us also make certain mistakes right now that we'll learn of only after sometime. I dislike the holier than thou attitude.

I can only imagine how troubled the lady is, already.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by deols(f): 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
AbdH:

It is ok smiley
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
chaircover: Please are people advising this woman to divorce her husband?

You're still asking?? I know what they're doing ...but won't say it to respect Islam.

Oga o
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
religion is MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE, has any one of us thought of been muslim but having christian children? or been christian but having muslim children? we r muslims or christians because we believe our religion lead to the right path, there cant be 2 heavens or 2 Gods one each for christians and muslims, there is one heaven and there is one God. between muslims and christians 1 is on the right path and the other on the wrong path. as a christian if u WILLINGLY brought up ur children as muslims then u r doubting christianity likewise as a muslim if u WILLINGLY brought up ur children as christians then u r doubting islam

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by bellong: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
deols:

Name calling. Smh

You might end up being the real fanatic here for making comments out of prejudice.

The lady had already said that she probably will go with her mum's advice before some people came to threaten her using religion. If her choice is to remain in her marriage, why would she be threatened with religion? Does that not show fanaticism?

The example you noted does not correlate with the present situation.

At least there's no where you threatened her using religion. When it becomes a threat, it is fanaticism.

I am sorry if you see it as name calling, my intention was to point out the action.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
deols:

How are you sure he had that in mind?

Fact is, not everyone knows of these prohibitions and it is wrong to lash out at them for the mistakes thereof.

I am sure many of us also make certain mistakes right now that we'll learn of only after sometime. I dislike the holier than thou attitude.

I can only imagine how troubled the lady is, already.
u r right we all make mistakes on daily basis and not everyone knws of such prohibitions. atleast now she knws of those prohibitions. may Allah guide u in giving her the right advice, if u succeed in doing so i will be a happy dude.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by deols(f): 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
Amin
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
chaircover: Please are people advising this woman to divorce her husband?

Of course nah.... That's how myopic, some pple can be disregarding the fact, of what a broken home can do to children sad....and this people advising the op to divorce her husband because of religion , are comfortable and happily seated with their families and various wives ....well, op... Only you can use your tongue to count your teeth.. Be wise in your decision... God ways and thots are so far different from man's ways.....over far sef!
Re: My Home Is Breaking by biolabee(m): 8:01pm On Aug 27, 2013
hmm.... nice insight,,, a good family irrespective of religion is the foundation of a solid society
she made the initial error but someone needs to retrace the steps and compromise
in this case .... its the woman... not the best but ....

Amelian:

Of course nah.... That's how myopic, some pple can be disregarding the fact, of what a broken home can do to children sad....and this people advising the op to divorce her husband because of religion , are comfortable and happily seated with their families and various wives ....well, op... Only you can use your tongue to count your teeth.. Be wise in your decision... God ways and thots are so far different from man's ways.....over far sef!
Re: My Home Is Breaking by bukatyne(f): 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
I will sincerely not blame the Muslims that want her to divorce the man.

If the husband is a muslim, I would tell her to divorce him if they cannot reach a compromise. Her salvation is much more important than any marriage. No body would ask if she was married or not.

I wish the OP's could read this thread. Him forcing her to become a christian speaks volume of his own salvation too. If he wants her to be a Christian, he should repent, work on himself and pray to God for her soul.

The last I remembered, it is the Holy Spirit that convicts and not man.

I pray the OP does that which she feels is best for her

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by bukatyne(f): 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
biolabee: hmm.... nice insight,,, a good family irrespective of religion is the foundation of a solid society
she made the initial error but someone needs to retrace the steps and compromise
in this case .... its the woman... not the best but ....

I disagree with you

A family is not the ultimate, God is...

What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his soul? Marriage is for this earth, salvation is for eternity.

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2013
What am I seeing here?
*rubs my eyes*
Maybe I will go and start from d beginning.

C why its not always good to seek advice on sensitive issues on a forum like this.

Nigerians, the world's most religious and yet extremely corrupt people.
Mtcheeeew.
Opium of the masses

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by baby124: 9:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
OP,

trust me. Dont divorce your guy. Am sure you can find a middle ground. Your daughter can go to church. When she is an adult, she can switch to islam or whatever religion pleases her. Nothing your husband can do about it. Salvation is personal. Dont mind all the fanatics on this thread. mtscheew! Am sure before going in, you guys were probably flexible on the religion your kids will follow. So nothing spoil. Nothing dey happen. See them winning souls for Jesus or Allah by hook or crook. grin grin grin
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
Sweetmom115:

Even when I've a baby for my husband I shld divorce him all in the name of religion?

Thanks alot

Anyone that tells you to divorce your husband over this is a fool
If you decide to follow that advice you will be a bigger fool
At the end of the day,everyone logs off the site and life goes on
You will be the one living the consequences of your decision

These people here including myself are strangers to you
Your own mother has advised you on this matter but you would rather listen to people you don't know?
You made a decision when you decided to marry a Christian man
Since he will not join you,you have to join him as his wife
If the man is good to you,not abusive,cares for you and baby,you want to throw all that away because some person you don't know gives you an email address and you walk out into the unknown?
Be wise
Your decision to make
there are millions of Muslims converting to Christianity annually
In Yoruba land tons of former Muslims have become Christians,you can do that too
I promise,you will not regret that decision

2 Likes

Re: My Home Is Breaking by biolabee(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
well.... religion is what it is....

remember the story of the good samaritan, the religous authorities failed the test while the product of mixed marriage passed

salvation,.. God convicts everyone in his own way ,.. not by force but by gentle persuasion of His Spirit

if it is Gods will, she will come in time, but to lose her marriage over this is not good

Dont forget, horse fit reach water by force, hin kukuma no go drink

bukatyne:

I disagree with you

What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his soul? Marriage is for this earth, salvation is for eternity.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
bukatyne:

I disagree with you

Do you think being a Musilimah without consience reconciles with God?.... Or being a Christian? What reconciles anyone with God is having a clean conscience, good heart, mind towards pple and God himself, and worshipping God in truth and spirit... Not just carrying the cross on the head for pple to see that you are a Muslilmah or Christain, when deep down the heart and mind is filled wickedness, deceit and corrupt practices ...why am insistent on family , is this when two pple in love are married, and one partner files for divorce from the marriage due to religion or any other instances, do u know that action of divorce has killed the spirit of the other partner..... I mean kill the spirit of either the husband , one is divorcing from , or the wife one is divorcing from. Then we, now talk of the children who will then become lost and follow peer groups and pressures because the children has, no stability and focus point , anymore from a home , they use to know but it's no longer there...
So, invariable that action divorce has killed the spirit of the husband to be a good loving husband to any other woman, cos he will then feel women do not appreciate good men... Then the children , their will to live the right way can also be killed , spiritually especially at a young impressionable age...
And expect God to be happy?
Instead of winning souls, the wife has already killed the loving spirit of her family , just because of the craze of Religion?.......
The husband will cry to God, why such ill fate of marriage ... The poor children will cry to God.. Why did u give us such a mother..... And you, Muslim fanatics expect God to be happy with those despaired minds and hearts.... angry..... And claim the wife will make heaven , after ruining minds and souls of her family....

I shake my head in disgust...

Remember, The ways and thots of Man is so so far from God ways and plans....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Surrogate Mother / Should Women Do Hard Work? / Marital Conflict - What Do You Suggest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.