Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,587 members, 7,958,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

My Home Is Breaking - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Home Is Breaking (11868 Views)

How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? / Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home? / My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Sweetmom115: 10:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
babyosisi:

Anyone that tells you to divorce your husband over this is a fool
If you decide to follow that advice you will be a bigger fool
At the end of the day,everyone logs off the site and life goes on
You will be the one living the consequences of your decision

These people here including myself are strangers to you
Your own mother has advised you on this matter but you would rather listen to people you don't know?
You made a decision when you decided to marry a Christian man
Since he will not join you,you have to join him as his wife
If the man is good to you,not abusive,cares for you and baby,you want to throw all that away because some person you don't know gives you an email address and you walk out into the unknown?
Be wise
Your decision to make
there are millions of Muslims converting to Christianity annually
In Yoruba land tons of former Muslims have become Christians,you can do that too
I promise,you will not regret that decision

Thanks alot sis.

If you read my last reply, I ask him even when I've baby for my hubby I shld divorce him??... I find it vry hard to blieve some pple wld even advise me 2leave when a baby is involve bt every1 with diff views on this thread.

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Sweetmom115: 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
bukatyne: I will sincerely not blame the Muslims that want her to divorce the man.

If the husband is a muslim, I would tell her to divorce him if they cannot reach a compromise. Her salvation is much more important than any marriage. No body would ask if she was married or not.

I wish the OP's could read this thread. Him forcing her to become a christian speaks volume of his own salvation too. If he wants her to be a Christian, he should repent, work on himself and pray to God for her soul.

The last I remembered, it is the Holy Spirit that convicts and not man.

I pray the OP does that which she feels is best for her

Thanks alot.

We're working things out amicably and by Gods grace divorce wld never be the best options because we love each other more than what people think. My hubby is more concerned with he's children joining my religion which I'm trying to convince him nothing of such would happen.

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Sweetmom115: 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
babyosisi:

Anyone that tells you to divorce your husband over this is a fool
If you decide to follow that advice you will be a bigger fool
At the end of the day,everyone logs off the site and life goes on
You will be the one living the consequences of your decision

These people here including myself are strangers to you
Your own mother has advised you on this matter but you would rather listen to people you don't know?
You made a decision when you decided to marry a Christian man
Since he will not join you,you have to join him as his wife
If the man is good to you,not abusive,cares for you and baby,you want to throw all that away because some person you don't know gives you an email address and you walk out into the unknown?
Be wise
Your decision to make
there are millions of Muslims converting to Christianity annually
In Yoruba land tons of former Muslims have become Christians,you can do that too
I promise,you will not regret that decision

Thanks alot sis

I would never do such becos I remba how we started nd how we stood by me, I can say he's the best husband I could ever ask for, Wish I cld go on and on... All the same thank you so much

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 28, 2013
Sweetmom115:

Thanks alot.

We're working things out amicably and by Gods grace divorce wld never be the best options because we love each other more than what people think. My hubby is more concerned with he's children joining my religion which I'm trying to convince him nothing of such would happen.

God bless you jare, my sister!

I can't believe some people mentioned Divorce shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 4:38am On Aug 28, 2013
Sweetmom115:

Thanks alot.

Excellent, that's a wife talking and not baby mama.
Hold ur man and family tight dear!
Every other thing is secondly.
I tire o.

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by bukatyne(f): 8:46am On Aug 28, 2013
biolabee: Personally... it does not matter which religion she chooses as long as they are both compatible

That is the koko
///

Remember she has been hassled already for being unequally yoked

she has now taken the wiser(meeker) path of compromise so that peace can reign grin

If the issue on ground was anything else, I might just drop one or two posts and leave.

You as a Christian say that religion does not matter as long as they are compatible

There is something wrong somewhere.

I am saying all this because a Christian woman with similar issues might be reading this and think 'Oh, religion does not matter'

It's well
Re: My Home Is Breaking by bukatyne(f): 8:58am On Aug 28, 2013
Sweetmom115:

Thanks alot.

Thank God for the new development.

If eventually he insists you have to become a Christian, please don't become one because 'my husband said so' and think that he means you should drop hijab, keep your prayer mats and follow him to church but he means that you renounce Allah as your God and you believe (confess loudly) in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Salvation is a personal race and you must work out your salvation irrespective of your husband or kids.

That is the only reason acceptable

I might sound harsh but this is a matter of eternity

I pray God will help you understand my post

It's well with you and family
Re: My Home Is Breaking by ameenahz(f): 9:07am On Aug 28, 2013
Babyosisi, it is unfair to call anyone who does not share your opinion a fool. That was uncalled for. The fact that you see something this way does not mean everybody else sees it that way.

Bukatyne, even though we do not practise the same religion, you have spoken with so much wisdom. God bless you.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by bukatyne(f): 9:12am On Aug 28, 2013
Amelian:

Do you think being a Musilimah without consience reconciles with God?.... Or being a Christian? What reconciles anyone with God is having a clean conscience, good heart, mind towards pple and God himself, and worshipping God in truth and spirit... Not just carrying the cross on the head for pple to see that you are a Muslilmah or Christain, when deep down the heart and mind is filled wickedness, deceit and corrupt practices ...why am insistent on family , is this when two pple in love are married, and one partner files for divorce from the marriage due to religion or any other instances, do u know that action of divorce has killed the spirit of the other partner..... I mean kill the spirit of either the husband , one is divorcing from , or the wife one is divorcing from. Then we, now talk of the children who will then become lost and follow peer groups and pressures because the children has, no stability and focus point , anymore from a home , they use to know but it's no longer there...
So, invariable that action divorce has killed the spirit of the husband to be a good loving husband to any other woman, cos he will then feel women do not appreciate good men... Then the children , their will to live the right way can also be killed , spiritually especially at a young impressionable age...
And expect God to be happy?
Instead of winning souls, the wife has already killed the loving spirit of her family , just because of the craze of Religion?.......
The husband will cry to God, why such ill fate of marriage ... The poor children will cry to God.. Why did u give us such a mother..... And you, Muslim fanatics expect God to be happy with those despaired minds and hearts.... angry..... And claim the wife will make heaven , after ruining minds and souls of her family....

I shake my head in disgust...

Remember, The ways and thots of Man is so so far from God ways and plans....

Amelian,

I am a Christian.

The truth is not always sweet and muchy muchy. The issue of eternity is not as simple as be good and loving else Jesus Christ would not have left His throne and Glory to come to Calvary.

The Bible has stated clearly and explicitly that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. It is either you are a Christian or you are not. it's either you believe or not.

The husband has already disobeyed God's explicit command and this is the result.

It's the husband I have a problem with. If he wants her to become a Christian, he is to do it on his knees and not ordering her to do it.

I will say it again: we are all remembering love because she is to turn to a Christian she? I will like to see the responses of everyone when a Muslim wants his Christian wife to become a Muslim. If she were a Christian, the last option is to divorce her husband...

To those who say it doesn't matter,

Remember Sapphira: God did not say 'Oh, you are joining your husband, you are a good wife'
Remember Lot's wife: Lot did not say 'My darling has looked back and turned to a pillar of salt, let me kiss her one last time'

Salvation is personal and eternal; marriage ends on this earth!

'What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world(marriage, fame, career, kids, family, wealth etc) and loses his soul?'

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by biolabee(m): 9:13am On Aug 28, 2013
There's no biggue because we don't have to agree.
you don't see christianity as a religion which it is really

Remember christ, peter and john were not called christians

Note jesus praised the woman who gave the least in the temple because of what? - the heart

Read between the lines and you will get my point

Have a nice day

bukatyne:

If the issue on ground was anything else, I might just drop one or two posts and leave.

You as a Christian say that religion does not matter as long as they are compatible

There is something wrong somewhere.

I am saying all this because a Christian woman with similar issues might be reading this and think 'Oh, religion does not matter'

It's well
Re: My Home Is Breaking by bukatyne(f): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2013
ameenahz: Babyosisi, it is unfair to call anyone who does not share your opinion a fool. That was uncalled for. The fact that you see something this way does not mean everybody else sees it that way.

Bukatyne, even though we do not practise the same religion, you have spoken with so much wisdom. God bless you.

Ameenahz:

Thanks.

I decided to play my part. It's easy to say 'it doesnot matter' and I will be a liar because if it was the other way round, I will not fold my arms and say 'it doesn't matter'

It's well
Re: My Home Is Breaking by bukatyne(f): 9:24am On Aug 28, 2013
biolabee: There's no biggue because we don't have to agree.
you don't see christianity as a religion which it is really

Remember christ, peter and john were not called christians

Note jesus praised the woman who gave the least in the temple because of what? - the heart

Read between the lines and you will get my point

Have a nice day

I am sorry but I have to ask 'Are you born-again?' Not a church goer or bench warmer

Christianity is a 'religion', God looks at the heart?

It is really really well.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by biolabee(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2013
?..
Re: My Home Is Breaking by biolabee(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2013
Madam buka..

Christianity is a religion
A lot of people profess to be xtians does not mean they really obey Christ's teachings

Let's leave it at that

You were right to point out she should not just be a church goer but nEeds to understand it in her own way

Can the man guide her,, Lord knows

It is well

Asking ones spiritual pedigree is irrelevant

What matters is where you stand on judgement day

Even pastors are falling

bukatyne:

I am sorry but I have to ask 'Are you born-again?' Not a church goer or bench warmer

Christianity is a 'religion', God looks at the heart?

It is really really well.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by bukatyne(f): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2013
biolabee: Madam buka..

Christianity is a religion
A lot of people profess to be xtians does not mean they really obey Christ's teachings

Let's leave it at that

You were right to point out she should not just be a church goer but nEeds to understand it in her own way

Can the man guide her,, Lord knows

Christianity is not a religion, it is a way of life. The apostles were called Christians because they behaved like Christ.

it's well
Re: My Home Is Breaking by biolabee(m): 10:03am On Aug 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Christianity is not a religion, it is a way of life. The apostles were called Christians because they behaved like Christ.

it's well

Amen...
Re: My Home Is Breaking by deols(f): 10:26am On Aug 28, 2013
bukatyne: I will sincerely not blame the Muslims that want her to divorce the man.

If the husband is a muslim, I would tell her to divorce him if they cannot reach a compromise. Her salvation is much more important than any marriage. No body would ask if she was married or not.

I wish the OP's could read this thread. Him forcing her to become a christian speaks volume of his own salvation too. If he wants her to be a Christian, he should repent, work on himself and pray to God for her soul.

The last I remembered, it is the Holy Spirit that convicts and not man.

I pray the OP does that which she feels is best for her

I like that you are always so so sincere.
I am not going to ask her to divorce her husband. Family is a very big deal. So is her religion.

But the hypocrites on here know themselves.

@Op's decision and the consequences thereof are hers to bear eventually.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2013
broken homes can be caused by inferior building materials especially cement and roofing materials, dont patronise fake product sellers, if you have done tht already and your home is now falling, fill the cracks with original cement products and never leave your roof leaking as this can lead to the timbers there getting wet thereby collapsing on you unawares.

apply this advice to your real home
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Thank God for the new development.

If eventually he insists you have to become a Christian, please don't become one because 'my husband said so' and think that he means you should drop hijab, keep your prayer mats and follow him to church but he means that you renounce Allah as your God and you believe (confess loudly) in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Salvation is a personal race and you must work out your salvation irrespective of your husband or kids.

That is the only reason acceptable

I might sound harsh but this is a matter of eternity

I pray God will help you understand my post

It's well with you and family

Must she confess LOUDLY Is this some kind of Religion vendetta thread abi what's all these Prohibitions and Salvation Threats all about??

Na waya oh. As-Sabur ... God is really patient. undecided

@CC thanks for that posts.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by bukatyne(f): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
jidegirl12: .

Must she confess LOUDLY Is this some kind of Religion vendetta thread abi what's all these Prohibitions and Salvation Threats all about??

Na waya oh. As-Sabur ... God is really patient. undecided

@CC thanks for that posts.

Jide,

Like I said earlier, if it was another issue, I might not even comment.

But in this case of eternity, I will say the truth as it is. There is no need coloring or romanticing anything to look 'good'.

When she gets to that bridge, she must confess with her mouth Rom 10: 9 - 10

It's not a religious vendetta thread.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by bukatyne(f): 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
deols:

I like that you are always so so sincere.
I am not going to ask her to divorce her husband. Family is a very big deal. So is her religion.

But the hypocrites on here know themselves.

@Op's decision and the consequences thereof are hers to bear eventually.

Thanks dear kiss
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
My dear ur husband loves u and sees it right you join him.
Give Christianity 90days trial from the sincerity of your heart and come back here and share your experience.

Pls let's join hands and make our home a home for our kids.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by deols(f): 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
Dominiquez: My dear ur husband loves u and sees it right you join him.
Give Christianity 90days trial from the sincerity of your heart and come back here and share your experience.

Pls let's join hands and make our home a home for our kids.

Actually, you seem to not be getting the point. There is no reason whatsoever for her to taste christianity. She has lived with a Christian man for long enough to have had a child with him and she has not converted.

Husband needs to see her as a Muslim anf let her be the way she met him. Her self esteem needs to remain intact. She is an adult and should not be coerced by force or crook into something she does not believe in.

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
Sweetmom115:

Thanks alot sis

I would never do such becos I remba how we started nd how we stood by me, I can say he's the best husband I could ever ask for, Wish I cld go on and on... All the same thank you so much

Bless you
I wish you well.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Ifyjemila(f): 9:20am On Jul 01, 2014
Bigcake: My Brother, its only JESUS dat can save. Just try Him today n u wont regret.
This thread is for muslims so pls back off.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Bigcake: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2014
Ifyjemila: This thread is for muslims so pls back off.
if a blind man leads a blind man, assuredly i put it to you that both will fall into a pit. Jesus christ is the only saviour of Mankind. Am not attacking you, but try and have a personnal relationship wit Him and you will never regret it. I wish u well my guy.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Ifyjemila(f): 11:10am On Jul 01, 2014
Bigcake: if a blind man leads a blind man, assuredly i put it to you that both will fall into a pit. Jesus christ is the only saviour of Mankind. Am not attacking you, but try and have a personnal relationship wit Him and you will never regret it. I wish u well my guy.
where do you worship?
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Bigcake: 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ifyjemila: where do you worship?
My guy, whr i worship may not really count in this case, but i will rather want u to have a personal relationship wit our Lord Jesus Christ by reading the Holy Bible frm New Testament. I will recomend Deeper Life Bible Church for u. Am not their member but i knw they preach undilluted doctrine.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by Ifyjemila(f): 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2014
Bigcake: My guy, whr i worship may not really count in this case, but i will rather want u to have a personal relationship wit our Lord Jesus Christ by reading the Holy Bible frm New Testament. I will recomend Deeper Life Bible Church for u. Am not their member but i knw they preach undilluted doctrine.
Do you really read your bible very well? Because if you had red your bible very well, you would known that there is nothing in christainity so back off.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by soulglo: 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
This is my problem with Nigerian Christians. At best y'all are weekend christians and if no one is watching you'd probably sacrifice an animal to solve your problems. What does the Bible say about being married to an unbeliever. No where does it say that you should force your spouse to convert. In fact it clearly says that you should not divorce your spouse if they are not saved. They are covered and so are your children.If the unbelieving spouse decides to leave then that's their issue. No where at all does it say that if he or she does not convert then they are a bad husband or wife. You guys should not mix your personal beliefs or your traditional beliefs with scripture. OP if you want a purely scripture based solution then you have come to the wrong place. Everybody has issues in their marriage and the whole idea is to work on that marriage and not leave no place for divorce. If your husband chooses to divorce you over this just know that it is not about his faith but about his selfish reasons. Should you convert to Christianity it should be 100% your choice. Not threat of divorce or pressure from people who do not even read their Bible should make you convert. I'm a Christian so of course it would bring me joy to hear that you chose to convert. Keep being a good person and if one day you are touched to convert then I will also be happy for you. Keep talking to your husband. Ask him to search the scriptures and see how he should approach this situation. It is clear in the scripture what role he should play. Good luck because I know it will not be easy. Make the right choice but make sure it is your choice

Just wanted to add this
One couple I know who are Muslim/Christians are the Fashola's. It was the agreement he made with his inlaws before he married their daughter. In fact he promised that their children would be raised as Christians. Fashola's wife has not converted to Islam. From all indication he is dedicated to his marriage even though he is the muslim in the equation. He donates his money to Christian organizations. Yes your marriage might not be the typical thing but your marriage could be an example of how we should strive to live today in Nigeria. Muslims and Christians living together in peace. Says a lot about this idea that Muslims are barbaric and will not compromise on their faith. It is Christians suggesting that you must convert even though out Bible does not support that.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by soulglo: 10:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
deols:

Actually, you seem to not be getting the point. There is no reason whatsoever for her to taste christianity. She has lived with a Christian man for long enough to have had a child with him and she has not converted.

Husband needs to see her as a Muslim anf let her be the way she met him. Her self esteem needs to remain intact. She is an adult and should not be coerced by force or crook into something she does not believe in.

Thank you dear. This husband could break her spirit and have a long lasting marriage that would be filled with bitterness and anger. Why not enjoy the wife you have been enjoying instead of forcing her to change now. Especially as the Word does not support it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Dance Queen, Olufunke Ayotunde Kafayat `kaffy` Wedding To Joe Ameh / Modern Day Witchcraft As A Bird Turns Into A Woman In Broad Day Light / Why Are Most Nigerian Nurses Inconsiderate And Uncompassionate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.