Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country (573 Views)

Orji Uzo-Kalu Becomes President Of World Ship Owners Association (WSA) / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / If Woman Becomes President Or Governor In Nigeria, Her Husband Will Be What??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country by akpomeme(m): 6:38am On Jul 16, 2013
When a woman becomes president of this country, would we have office of the first gentleman? What affairs will such a man conduct? Would he be considered a domestic appendage, would his views be subdued? I am painting this scenario to help our imagination, on what the case might be. What will be the reaction of men when talked down on?

Imagine Remi becoming a President or a governor and Lagos stakeholders tells Remi to shut her husband up that he is a mere domestic appendage. What will be your reaction?
Re: When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country by na2day(m): 7:12am On Jul 16, 2013
Sometimes I am amazed at the level of ignorance and id.iocy of some posters on this forum.
What is the essence of the rubbish above?
Is the presidency now a traditonal kingship?
You people need to rid yourselves of these slavery mentality.
This is democracy and not a monarchy!
In a saner clime, when a male or female president, prime minister or a head of government is in charge, the partner does not get publicly involved in the affairs of the state, so as not to whittle down the respect accorded that leader.
I'm sure you are trying to defend the criminal behaviour of your SHAME or is it DAME JONATHAN?
You people are just getting more ridiculous day by day.
Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country by akpomeme(m): 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2013
na2day!:
Sometimes I am amazed at the level of ignorance and id.iocy of some posters on this forum.
What is the essence of the rubbish above?
Is the presidency now a traditonal kingship?
You people need to rid yourselves of these slavery mentality.
This is democracy and not a monarchy!
In a saner clime, when a male or female president, prime minister or a head of government is in charge, the partner does not get publicly involved in the affairs of the state, so as not to whittle down the respect accorded that leader.
I'm sure you are trying to defend the criminal behaviour of your SHAME or is it DAME JONATHAN?
You people are just getting more ridiculous day by day.
Nonsense

Can you open your mind and answer the simple question... Defend Patience for what? I am questioning the morality behind Soyinka referring to the office of the first lady as a mere domestic appendage. It can be any other woman tomorrow.
Re: When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country by Peinstein: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
akpomeme:
Can you open your mind and answer the simple question... Defend Patience for what? I am questioning the morality behind Soyinka referring to the office of the first lady as a mere domestic appendage. It can be any other woman tomorrow.

Are you the first lady's nairaland publicist, all your recent threads have been mostly about Soyinka and Patience directly and indirectly. It's getting boring bro, you are getting predictable.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country by seunfly: 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
akpomeme: When a woman becomes president of this country, would we have office of the first gentleman? What affairs will such a man conduct? Would he be considered a domestic appendage, would his views be subdued? I am painting this scenario to help our imagination, on what the case might be. What will be the reaction of men when talked down on?

Imagine Remi becoming a President or a governor and Lagos stakeholders tells Remi to shut her husband up that he is a mere domestic appendage. What will be your reaction?
What use is that office to us? I think we only vote 4 the president, not first lady or first man, anything close to that is luxury and unecessary. In united state where it is borrowed from, they only do NGO stuff, pet project and voluntary project usualy to promote his or her partner's image.
In a society of people puffed up by ego, owambeism and na we de control mentality as a result of inferiority complex ( according to prof Ozuji Ozondu) they parade themself as a legitimate office holder and some low thinking individuals sing praises 4 them, run after and defend them as if it is right.
Re: When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country by akpomeme(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
Peinstein:

Are you the first lady's nairaland publicist, all your recent threads have been mostly about Soyinka and Patience directly and indirectly. It's getting boring bro, you are getting predictable.

Nope...
Re: When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country by takedat(m): 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
How will they address the husband of the female president? The First Man or First Sir? Have you ever heard anyone addressed as "The First Man" in countries with female president? That is why most of us believe that the position or office of the First Lady is a political aberration, an anomaly. The wife or husband of a President/Governor should keep a low profile, and must not be accorded the imprimatur of officialdom. The Office of the First Lady is unconstitutional, therefore it is a mere domestic appendage. Dame Patience is the First Lady in her matrimonial home.

1 Like

Re: When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country by hensben(m): 11:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
Is she(PEJ) d 1st 1st lady of ds country,y can't she emulate others, illiteracy is a decease. I no d prblem of GEJ she want 2 b relevance since her husband appointed female ministers e.g petroleum,finance,aviation et al she is jealous forgetting that 1st lady is not official unlike those female ministers.
Re: When A Woman Becomes President Of This Country by mensdept: 11:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
Peinstein:

LOL. This thread of what if is from a child that at age 21 is still sucking his mummies goodies

(1) (Reply)

Four Northern Governors Threatens To Stop Funding The Nigerian Police / 2015: ACF, Others Give Jonathan Quit Notice / Reuters Insight-Nigeria Seeks Farming Revival To Break Oil Curse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.