Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. (7035 Views)

Skye Bank Apt. Test By Dragnet / Exxonmobil Aptitude Test By Dragnet / Chevron Ng Aptitude Test By Dragnet Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 16, 2013
I was part of those invited for the Computer Based Test (CBT) organised by Dragnet on behalf of Flour mills Nig. Plc for experienced Internal Audit officers.

Just before I went for my test, I came on this forum to seek help with materials but the only response I got was from an individual who prefers to help only after I must have paid him but I will give the much needed help to those who need it without any payment.

My test was done yesterday (15th July, 2013) and before then I was filled with apprehension because I did not know how to direct my preparation. I ended up reading almost anything in order to prepare myself but got there only to find out that most of what I read were not relevant.

The test has two sections: Verbal and Quantitative tests. The verbal test has about 30 questions which you are expected to complete in less than 20 minutes; while the Quantitative test comprise of 20 questions which has a time frame of just 30 minutes.

For the verbal test, you will be given a set of comprehension passages to read of which a statement will be made at the end of each passage.

Based on your understanding of the passage, you are expected to choose from 3 options i.e 'True', 'False', or 'cannot say'. In order words, if your answer choice is TRUE, it implies that the statement made can be directly inferred from the passage. If your answer choice is FALSE, then it means that the statement made does not follow from the passage while if your answer choice is CANNOT SAY, it implies that there isn't enough information to give a TRUE or FALSE answer.

The above question type can be gotten from any good GMAT aptitude text. I will advice that you read the statement first before reading the passage. This would help you avoid time wasting, because with this approach, you might not need to go back to read through the passage a second time to get your answer.

If you choose to adopt the above method, please do read through the passage and understand it because you will need to apply this understanding subsequently, as they tend to repeat the same passage after some time. Understanding a passage will help you choose an appropriate answer without necessarily going through the passage again when the passage is repeated. This can buy you the much needed time.

For the Quantitative test, you will be allowed to use the on-screen calculator. Please get used to using this because if you are not familiar with its use, you might end up wasting time instead of using it to your advantage. The questions are basically to test your ability to interpret graphical representations e.g bar graph, pie chart etc, use ratios, percentages e.g comparing percentage increase and decrease between two periods.

If you can cover the SHL sample questions then you won't find the Quantitative test a problem. When you practice with SHL questions, try and do the full practice test. This can be done a number of times in order to improve on your speed and accuracy. You can get this on http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests/

PS: There is no need to practice any abstract reasoning test. I wasted my time practicing this before my test. Don't make the same mistake I made

Most of all, pray, work hard and be calm. Get to the venue on time to get properly rested.

Goodluck!

DISCLAIMER: Do note that what I gave up there is strictly for those invited for the Internal audit CBT for experienced persons which is organized by dragnet on behalf of Flour mills for 2013. I do not know if the format will be the same for other tests organized by dragnet and I am assuming that since this test is standardized for invitees there is a chance that the format will not change.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Damolee(m): 3:18am On Sep 10, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience. It was really insightful. Pls can u help me with the practice materials u used for the test cos all I've got is GMAT stuff. Thanks
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
Damolee: Thanks for sharing your experience. It was really insightful. Pls can u help me with the practice materials u used for the test cos all I've got is GMAT stuff. Thanks

send me an e-mail and I get them across to you. calculus112@yahoo.com
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Damolee(m): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
I've sent u a mail...Thanks bro
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by blazerMaks: 5:20am On Sep 12, 2013
Can you send to me please? amarocks2010@yahoo.com
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Sleekbaby(f): 6:21am On Sep 12, 2013
Please send for me too @ onyiihoneypie@rocketmail.com
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by sunnyeaglez73: 7:08am On Sep 12, 2013
pls do help send it to me. fanks and God bless u @ sunnyeaglez73@gmail.com
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by FirstPrinciple(m): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2013
thanks for sharing ur experience with us God bless you... pls can you also fwd the material to me on xprinciple88@gmail.com. thanks
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by enohorglo(f): 7:38am On Sep 12, 2013
hi, nid it too enooyibo@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by zub(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2013
Pls send to azubuike.agbarakwe@gmail.com. ThankS
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by gwinzy(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2013
Calculus please help forward it to onuhgwin4lyf@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
Damolee: I've sent u a mail...Thanks bro

zub: Pls send to azubuike.agbarakwe@gmail.com. ThankS

enohorglo: hi, nid it too enooyibo@yahoo.com. Thanks

First Principle: thanks for sharing ur experience with us God bless you... pls can you also fwd the material to me on xprinciple88@gmail.com. thanks

Sleekbaby: Please send for me too @ onyiihoneypie@rocketmail.com

blazerMaks: Can you send to me please? amarocks2010@yahoo.com

Damolee: I've sent u a mail...Thanks bro

Sorry for responding a bit late guys. I have sent the materials.

Success and don't forget to study your shl questions. I already gave the website in my OP.
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
gwinzy: Calculus please help forward it to onuhgwin4lyf@yahoo.com. Thanks

Done!
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
Calculus12:

Done!

Pls kindly help with the material calculus. I am i dire need as well. And tanks for sharing

Makoo579@gmail.com
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 14, 2013
makoo579:

Pls kindly help with the material calculus. I am i dire need as well. And tanks for sharing

Makoo579@gmail.com

Sent!
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 14, 2013
Please guys remember that what I have in my OP is basically for the EXPERIENCED INTERNAL AUDIT position and it is basically a guide.
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 15, 2013
Pls i also nid a copy of the materials. Thnx 4 d tips bawz smiley
jinxfantacy@yahoo.com
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by vicksony(m): 9:20am On Sep 15, 2013
Pls send a copy 2 me, vicksonybless@gmail.com. Tnx in advance. God bless u.
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by olumomo: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2013
pls send to me Oluchionyia@gmail.com
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
Monsieur Pete: Pls i also nid a copy of the materials. Thnx 4 d tips bawz smiley
jinxfantacy@yahoo.com

olumomo: pls send to me Oluchionyia@gmail.com

vicksony: Pls send a copy 2 me, vicksonybless@gmail.com. Tnx in advance. God bless u.

Sent!
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
Calculus12:

Sent!

Got it! Thnx bawz..u'r d best cheesy smiley grin
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by wonda26(m): 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
angry
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
wonda26: Please send to oke26otor@yahoo.com

Sent!
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please send to me too God bless you temiosunrinde@yahoo.com
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by sixpee(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2013
pls do well to send: charlesdice@yahoo.com
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by delvinmaya(m): 9:09am On Sep 16, 2013
bro, pls i need the material as well, do send to me tayoakinwoleola@outlook.com
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
temiosunrinde: Please send to me too God bless you temiosunrinde@yahoo.com

delvinmaya: bro, pls i need the material as well, do send to me tayoakinwoleola@outlook.com

wonda26: Please send to oke26otor@yahoo.com

Sent!
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Tuntheycr7: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
Tanx 4d info mr Calculus.
My ma
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by delvinmaya(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
oga calculus, your head is there ooooo. may you always be uplifted. got your mail
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 17, 2013
Tuntheycr7: Tanx 4d info mr Calculus.
My mail tundefolaranmi@gmail.com.

Sent!
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by seniorklop: 9:57am On Sep 17, 2013
@calculus12, i got an iv for a test from flour mills nig coming up on 19th sept, however i'm yet to receive an email to that effect. i have been calling the line on the text msg but no luck. can u pls tell me ur test venue and what is required of me?

....and don't forget the material too.

seniorklop@gmail.com

best regards.
Re: My Experience At The CBT Organized By Dragnet On Behalf Of Flour Mills Plc. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
seniorklop: @calculus12, i got an iv for a test from flour mills nig coming up on 19th sept, however i'm yet to receive an email to that effect. i have been calling the line on the text msg but no luck. can u pls tell me ur test venue and what is required of me?

....and don't forget the material too.

seniorklop@gmail.com

best regards.

I have sent you the materials requested.

I already did my test.

The e-mail they are supposed to send you would most likely take the following format:

Dear Candidate,

We refer to your application to Flour Mills of Nigeria PLC for the position of INTERNAL AUDIT OFFICER and hereby invite you for a Computer-Based Aptitude Test. Find details below:

Date: Monday, 15th July, 2013
Time: 3.45pm prompt
Venue: Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc. 2 Old Dock Road, Apapa, Lagos

Kindly come along with your writing materials, a passport photograph and a form of identification.

Acknowledge receipt and availability to this mail address.

Yours faithfully,
for: Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc

Shoroye Opeyemi

The bold was the venue for my test but do note that if you were not invited, then there is no way you can 'gate crash' because the test is computer based and your details would be needed to login to the system.

Alll da best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Tired! Can I Still Get A Job? / Today's Vacancy / Describe Your Present Job With One Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.