Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed (1386 Views)

APC Carpets Jonathan Over Boko Haram, Hails Military / A.C.N, A.N.P.P And Others Called For Interim National Government In 2007 / Obasanjo Carpets Jonathan As ‘woman Wrapper’… Controlled By Patience, Dieziani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by nku5: 9:45am On Jul 16, 2013
Action Congress Of Nigeria(ACN),
Rivers State Secretariat,
No 1, Isaac Boro Street Old GRA, Portharcourt, Rivers State
Tel: 08055061296

Press Release

It has come to the notice of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Rivers state Chapter that Mr. Lai Mohammed, National Publicity Secretary of the party, has been issuing statements on the unfortunate events unfolding in Rivers state. We the ACN in Rivers Chapter know the true picture of events that are unfolding in Rivers State.
And we know that in this incidence the main culprit is Governor Rotimi Chuibike Amaechi, who during the last electioneering campaign and election, sealed up the Campaign Secretariat of Dr. Abiye Precious Sekibo, used the Nigerian security agencies to arrest and intimidate our members. When all this was going on, Mr. Lai Mohammed did not send us word of encouragement or support, as a party in Rivers state.
Political parties have structures; starting from the Ward level to the National Headquarters. It is against the party’s constitution for the National Publicity Secretary to usurp the functions of the party at the State, Local and Ward levels. We as members of the ACN in Rivers state, have never met and passed a resolution or informed the National Headquarters of the ACN that we want President Goodluck Jonathan, the Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, to be impeached. Mr. Lai Mohammed should respect the high office he holds as Publicity Secretary of our great party.
Consequently, we the Executive and members of the Rivers State Chapter of the ACN totally disown the call for the impeachment of President Goodluck Jonathan, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces. We unanimously condemn the hasty action and resolution passed by one arm of the National Assembly – the House of Representatives, to take over the business of the Rivers State House of Assembly.
We however commend the Nigerian Senate for the unbiased and balanced position it has taken to send a fact-finding mission to Rivers State, and find out the true position of things. We also call on the Inspector General of Police not to heed the one-sided call for the deployment of Mr. Joseph Mbu the Rivers State Commissioner of Police, as Governor Rotimi Chuibike Amaechi had used the police to hunt down, harassed and intimidated members of the ACN party of Nigeria and other opposition parties in Rivers State.
We ask that the status-quo in Rivers State should be maintained until the fact-finding mission dispatched by the Senate, arrives to ascertain the true picture of events. We urge Rivers State people to be law-abiding, as whatever we do shall affect our people and not the likes of Mr. Lai Mohammed, the uninformed members of the House of Representatives and their acolytes, whose inciting statements would only ignite more fire for us to burn.
LONG LIVE ACN,
LONG LIVE RIVERS STATE,
LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OPF NIGERIA!
Signed: Amonibia Akoko,
Secretary,
Action Congress Of Nigeria,(ACN)
Rivers State

4 Likes

Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by nku5: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2013
Akpako continues
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by duality(m): 10:16am On Jul 16, 2013
grin grin

What can I say? Politics is all about interests. every one got their own.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 16, 2013
this can not make front page. Nairaland like most nigerian media is funded and bankrolled by the opposition
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by idumuose(m): 10:24am On Jul 16, 2013
Gbawe and eko-ole and other ACN lap dogs over to Ɣ☺u.What
have Ɣ☺u got to say about your ACN(Rivers state chapter)
brothers' comment on the situation in Rivers state?

1 Like

Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 16, 2013
Lie Baran Mark Lai lai lie lie !!!

Washhhhhhh newsss !!!
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Alaska123: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2013
some nicompoops ll start accusin gej, and start callin him names.....lier mohamed nd Tinubu who re hard bent to make sure dez rubish gej's name ll not read dis......bia muds make una take dis to front page now ooooooo
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Pygru: 10:49am On Jul 16, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Elueme: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2013
Things just got funnier. Laughing in Chinese language.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by awodman: 11:04am On Jul 16, 2013
I just wanna be sure of the credibility of this press statement....but in the mean time I yaff sotey I fall inside palm oil...
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by NaijaFlow: 11:05am On Jul 16, 2013
It keeps getting interesting. The people living in rivers state are now talking and not those who live far away and dont know anything that goes on in the state before the run their mouth.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Maxymilliano(m): 11:10am On Jul 16, 2013
I laugh in Swahili ... It was the same thing the former State Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr. Jerry Needam kept complaining about Lai Muhammed, and was criticized by ignorant folks on this forum for 'allegedly' doing the bidding of the PDP .

Few weeks after his resignation from the party, the State secretary is raising similar complaint against him.

Lai Muhammed, see your life ?
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by takedat(m): 11:12am On Jul 16, 2013
So which one is this ACN since we all know that Sekibo represents the ACN structure in Rivers State, and he has left the party together with his men? Ok, he prolly left some there to continue harassing Amaechi. cheesy
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 11:28am On Jul 16, 2013
@NaijaFlow
What are you talking about? Thesame Abeyi Sekibo that left the party? Let me tell you this, if really you are interested in knowing the mindsets of rivers people on this power tussle then tune to one of these rivers state radio stations; Love Fm, Nigerinfo, Cool Fm, Rivers radio, Wazobia. They are constantly bashing the presidency.

These guys are from okrika, the same place patience jonathan originated from, so we expect them to side with the presidency.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Bensonite: 11:53am On Jul 16, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
@NaijaFlow
What are you talking about? Thesame Abeyi Sekibo that left the party? Let me tell you this, if really you are interested in knowing the mindsets of rivers people on this power tussle then tune to one of these rivers state radio stations; Love Fm, Nigerinfo, Cool Fm, Rivers radio, Wazobia. They are constantly bashing the presidency.

These guys are from okrika, the same place patience jonathan originated from, so we expect them to side with the presidency.
You keep dragging tribe into this crises even when evidence show it is not a tribal war. If it was tribal as you are painting it Rivers state would have boiled beyond what it is. So you mean Sergeant Awuse, Odili, Austin Opara, Azubuike Emerekini,Chibudom Nwuche, Elem Chuku Oboh,Nyesom Wike are all from Okrika. Jerry Needam and Kenneth Kobani all former ACN who have are Ogonis are they also from okrika. Even the current ACN secretary that signed the piece we are reading is from Kalabari just as Tonye Princewill is criticizing Amaechi.
Again you are not saying the truth on these radio programmes you mentioned as we all listen too. I will invite you to listen to viewpoint rhythm 93.7 on Saturdays 8:15am. Some of the callers are paid from both sides of the crises. Walk into the street and villages then you will see the real people. You once invited someone to meet you at genesis GRA can I invite you this time. I am not on any side of the divide because I want peace to rain but we should not jettison truth to get sympathy.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Amanwulu1(m): 11:55am On Jul 16, 2013
awodman: I just wanna be sure of the credibility of this press statement....but in the mean time I yaff sotey I fall inside palm oil...
. Why palm oil and not acid? Just pity dem, I think they deserve 2 b pitied.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Amanwulu1(m): 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
Heeey!!! PEJ has bought Rivers' acn. GEJ will buy Tinubu b4 2015, dis I'm sure of. Does he not like MONEY?
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by duni04(m): 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
I can't believe people are debating this without a source. The OP probably wrote this in his bedroom.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
@Bensonite
What did I said that is wrong here? isn't it right to tie everything to tribe and region in this present day Nigeria? I see you trying to water down the glaring facts that majority of people calling are on the side of amaechi with this your "some of the callers are paid ".

You know that amaechi really dealt with the okrika people and it is expected and natural for them to fight back, but trying to say this press release is not ethnically motivated will amount to dishonesty on your own side. From the demolition of waterside to displacement of okrika cultist like Ateke Tom and Abiye Sekibo. Amaechi became sworn enemy of PEJ after the demolition of waterside, and his sheer arrogancy didn't help the situation either.

Secondly, Wike is just an opportunist cashing into the present fracas to pursue his political ambitions of becoming the next governor of rivers state, so his angle and his followers shouldn't count per say. His problem with amaechi started when amaechi announced during a town hall meeting that no ikwerre man will succeed him, after his second tenure. PEJ saw wike as a willing tool to fight amaechi and nothing more.

Lastly, the rumours of amaechi trying to contest against president jonathan, which was peddled by Orubube to pacify the president saw amaechi fighting 3 wars at the same time. So, I can bet my last dime that this press release is ethnically motivated.

I won't be around for 2 weeks, besides you know the security siietuation is now deteriorating since the latest showdown.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by princesammmy: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
No comment for now
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Bensonite: 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
@Bensonite
What did I said that is wrong here? isn't it right to tie everything to tribe and region in this present day Nigeria? I see you trying to water down the glaring facts that majority of people calling are on the side of amaechi with this your "some of the callers are paid ".

You know that amaechi really dealt with the okrika people and it is expected and natural for them to fight back, but trying to say this press release is not ethnically motivated will amount to dishonesty on your own side. From the demolition of waterside to displacement of okrika cultist like Ateke Tom and Abiye Sekibo. Amaechi became sworn enemy of PEJ after the demolition of waterside, and his sheer arrogancy didn't help the situation either.

Secondly, Wike is just an opportunist cashing into the present fracas to pursue his political ambitions of becoming the next governor of rivers state, so his angle and his followers shouldn't count per say. His problem with amaechi started when amaechi announced during a town hall meeting that no ikwerre man will succeed him, after his second tenure. PEJ saw wike as a willing tool to fight amaechi and nothing more.

Lastly, the rumours of amaechi trying to contest against president jonathan, which was peddled by Orubube to pacify the president saw amaechi fighting 3 wars at the same time. So, I can bet my last dime that this press release is ethnically motivated.

I won't be around for 2 weeks, besides you know the security siietuation is now deteriorating since the latest showdown.
Rhino,
It is true Amaechi had problems with Okrikans in an attempt to demolish the waterfronts(no doubt PEJ acted silly too). Look at the bolded except you are not familiar with Port Harcourt very well. Amaechi demolished only Abonnema wharf and Njemanze waterfronts(this places constitute less than 5% of the planned demolition) which are not occupied by Okrikans but mainly Kalabaris. Shortly after Amaechi re-election he ran to Okrika to celebrate his birthday for the massive vote received even winning Abiye Sekibo in his ward. Till date Okrikans hold the key commissioners positions in the state viz health, information and communication, education and lots of special advices. Out of the three Okrika lawmakers in the house of assembly two are with him. What more do you need to know that though not all okrikans love him- just with his own people but there is relative peace as He did not carry out the rest of 95% planned demolition. It is good to say what you know bro not media propaganda.
At your last paragraph, I would have love to show you around old PH township where I lived over 35yrs because I believe you live far off from the city center.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
@Bensonite.

You are right, I live far away from town and can't even remember the last time I had anything to do with that side. 35 years in PH shocked shocked shocked. . .I give up. My movement is between GRA, waterlines, Trans - Amadi, Artillery I & II, Mile 1,3 and 4, Choba cool. I would 've actually like meeting you, but for security and personal safety (If na Lagos or Abuja)

On a side note,

1- Do you really believe this press release has nothing to do with current political crisis, I mean ethnically motivated?

2- How do you see amaechi as a governor, I mean his performance cos I know of his arrogancy and other not -so-nice attitude (first hand).
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Bensonite: 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
@Bensonite.

You are right, I live far away from town and can't even remember the last time I had anything to do with that side. 35 years in PH shocked shocked shocked. . .I give up. My movement is between GRA, waterlines, Trans - Amadi, Artillery I & II, Mile 1,3 and 4, Choba cool. I would 've actually like meeting you, but for security and personal safety (If na Lagos or Abuja)

On a side note,

1- Do you really believe this press release has nothing to do with current political crisis, I mean ethnically motivated?

2- How do you see amaechi as a governor, I mean his performance cos I know of his arrogancy and other not -so-.nice attitude (first hand).
Rhino,
I am well learned and also working in the O/G so will not hurt you or put you in harms way- though I seem to know the good and bad boys- you name any of them very well. I only wanted to clear some facts because the media has influenced our emotions too badly.
On your questions:
1. It is possible to think that it is ethnically inclined since the author is riverine and rivers state seems polarized since its creation into upland/riverine but if you are friendly with rhythm 93.7 fm and the local print media, Mr Jerry Needam(Ogoni man-upland) has been crying of this since 2011 pre-election and post-election. Infact, the approval of the jet in 2011 by RVHA brought so much press releases and criticism but so many people kept deaf hear because Amaechi was performing.
2. On a personal note Amaechi is closed to some of my friends having lived in Borikiri(Okarki street to be precise) and also Diobu in his struggling days- there are things I cannot say here for now.
On governance, let me eliminate his days as speaker and assess him as governor. No doubt He belongs to the "A" cadre and only a blind man will say He is not performing. PH has transformed significantly but he is not judged by performance anymore but on attitude which is has contributed to the whole political conundrum in Rivers state.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Goddex: 4:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hehehehehe . . . strange how my South West
APC politicians (Liar Muhammed & Tinubu)are crying more than the bereaved.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Rhino5dm: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
@Bensonite

Fair enough!
We are on the same page. personally, I hate amaechi as person cos of his arrogancy and slight extravagance. I still see no reason why a state governor should use public funds to buy private jet for his exclusive use, when the money could be put into better usage. Aside that, he performed well as a governor going by Nigerian standard.

Let's look out for the eggs of the current situation when the storm is over. cool
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by Bensonite: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
@Bensonite

Fair enough!
We are on the same page. personally, I hate amaechi as person cos of his arrogancy and slight extravagance. I still see no reason why a state governor should use public funds to buy private jet for his exclusive use, when the money could be put into better usage. Aside that, he performed well as a governor going by Nigerian standard.

Let's look out for the eggs of the current situation when the storm is over. cool
Well, we just need peace and progress thats all. Politicians will always mend ways when their interest is assured but we the citizens should always demand for the right thing to be done.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by vizboy(m): 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
Cross my legs,picks up my popcorn hmmmm

these movie is getting interested.
Re: A.C.N. Rivers State Carpets Lai Mohammed by solomon111(m): 11:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
Funny shitt.

(1) (Reply)

Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn / Who Is The Current Best Governor In Nigeria? / Anambra Elections: We Can Stop Obi From Rigging-in Obiano(1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.