Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,897 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit (21221 Views)

APC May Sanction Atiku, Tambuwal Over N’assembly Elections / Obasanjo & Omar Al-Bashir Of Sudan Meet Over Instability In Africa / Police To Move Against Israeli Security In Rivers •may Sanction Lastma, O Yes, Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Leemak: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
Snoopy wallace: Why do people look for the slightest opportunity to speak ill of the US...if you re given a visa to USA and sudan,which wld u choose...its all jealousy.
Poverty stricken brain
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by whitecat007: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2013
There is nothing the US or UN can do to Nigeria. The UN is just trying to see how weak Nigeria really is.

Nigeria must come out swinging with 3times the noise.
Snoopy wallace: Why do people look for the slightest opportunity to speak ill of the US...if you re given a visa to USA and sudan,which wld u choose...its all jealousy.

2 Likes

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Wittywizard(m): 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
Abeg sanction us... I go lay my life 4nigeria..... I wil represent naija... Make una even prison me sef... Make i enta airoplane for d1st time, kum enjoy una prison service for d 1st time in my life... Up nigeria... We no dey carry last...
Akpos where are u make we go celebrate d sanction
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
[quote
author=Fadelex]for those likening this case to Iraq and Afghanistan,
bush and Blair acted based on intelligence report that Saddam Hussein
was having WMD (weapon of mass destruction) and their activities were
sanctioned by UN security council... where as al-Bashir was desperate to
hold on to power...[/quote]

So after killinh Sadam Hessein, how many weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq? GEJ is not as cowardly as Nigerians think. Let's watch and see events unfold.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Leemak: 4:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
kalokalo:

You are a victim of Western propaganda
. There was no killing of women and children in Sudan. Everything you read in the Western press are lies. What happened was that the US/EU through their intelligence agencies created, financed and armed separatist militias/death squads in Southern Sudan. These terrorists started to attack government installations and kill civilians and when the Sudanese government fights back to restore order, the propaganda media shouts "genocide".

That is the exact same scenario happening in Syria at the moment where the US/EU/Israel/Saudi/Qatar are waging a proxy war against the Syrian State using Al-qaeda/Al-nosra terrorists airlifted from Libya, Chechnya, Iraq, Saudi, Qatar and the 30 Middle East countries, armed them and unleashed them into Syria via Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan. It is these terrorists that are killed by the Syrian government that the so called free press calls "peaceful protesters", pro-democracy activists", "women and children" and "killing his own people".

The exact same playbook was used against Libya to overthrow the then Libyan government with NATO acting as an airforce for terrorists. where are the "peaceful pro-democracy activists" the media screamed to us where being killed by Gaddafi in Benghazi/Libya now? They have miraculously metamorphosed into Jihadists exporting terror to Syria, Mali, Northern Nigeria etc.

The ICC is a kangaroo court created to implement the foreign policy agenda of Western powers. Only Africans are being prosecuted while the blood drenched wars criminals in Washington, London, Tel Aviv, Paris and Western client states roam the world free. A "court" that can only unleash on state actors that challenge Western hegemony but cannot confront brazen war criminals and mass murderers like George Bush, Tony Blair, Benjamin Netanyahu, Ariel Sharon, Henry Kissinger, Donald Rumsfeld, Zbigniew BrzezinskiBarack and virtually all US presidents since WW2 is a non-court.

Why was a separatist war fomented in Sudan? Because all of Sudan's oil is in Southern Sudan and it all goes to China. By dividing Sudan into two, the West hoped to create a client state in Southern Sudan that will alienate China and fall into the Western orbit. Read the foreign policy journals of corporate funded think-tanks like the Council on Foreign Relations, Chatham House and the Brookings Institution and you would see the events playing out before our eyes years in advance.
God bless you my brother.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by seanet02: 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
Thunde3r Fire united nations!!!
of what use is the united nations and this bloody hypocrites for the Nigerian and african people at large.
na sanponna go strike them dead.
Arrest Bashir because he refuse to be a puppet?

4 Likes

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Chrixtopha(m): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
So UN expects us to fight their war for them.,.. Don't they know where to get him and arrest him except here.... They should please let us be managing our already security challenges before creating another one..

1 Like

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by PosCaricature: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
Why should Nigeria be at the receiving end, why have UN not arrested Al Bashir all these years, or don't they know the way to his country- Sudan?
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by ERF: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2013

If i may ask, wah'z the president's offence?

Please anybody should tel me, i don't really know
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by PStacks(m): 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
fydence: this is how to educate a western a$$licker who is addicted to western 'messiah' style media propaganda and thinks he sees the whole picture... A thousand likes bro!!!

For all you all hating on the west..
You have a facebook account today, its a product of the west.
You have a twitter account today, its a product of the west.
You are Educated today, its a product of the west,
You can read and write in English language today, its a product of the west.. Abi is English your mother tongue?
You can come and post on nairaland today is an extension of a product from the west.
You have a fone today in ur hand, u are holding a western property..

Let me ask you? What does Boko Haram mean?

Western Education is a sin..
That means everybody that has western education is a sinner, that means every nairalander that can read and write is a sinner.

You just come here and be hating on the west, but everything about you and with you is from the west..

However, I have never and would never say the west is perfect as no one man is perfect..

All of you hating on the west and Boko haram saying western education is a sin, I don't see any difference between you and boko haram.. You might be a more refined version of boko haram, but you are still a boko haram..

If you hate the west so much, why did you receive western education? Y do you have a fone? Why do you watch TV? Why do you wear cloths?

Look, weda you like it or not.. The west owns you and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it..

I'l rather be with America than be with China or Russia or India or middle east.

Every nigerian runs to Europe or America. You can hate the west all you want but the west is the very air you breath..

You just want to give yourself a reason to hate? Keep hating.. That has never and would never stop the west from progressing..
You can hate all you want.

1 Like

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
Since Most members of the UN Security Council (US, China, Russia) are not Signatory to the ICC treaty, this is laughable. In the case of Falkislands, UK has out rightly ignored the court before, so there is precedence!
I guess Nigeria should quickly rescind her signature to the treaty, and compel other African countries to do so too, before they make the report. No more Nigerian money paying for the Salaries of the judges!
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by PStacks(m): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
ShyM-X:

No one is saying Al Bashir is a saint. However, double standards is just unacceptable.

What did the UN do about the plights of the Tawergha people of Libya(black Libyans)? Oh, Tawerghans aren't humans because those who destroyed their town and killed, and are still killing them have the support of the West for oil, no?

What's the UN doing about the plights of indigenous people around the world despite having a charter that stipulates that: indigenous people must be protected(paraphrasing)?

UN has no right whatsoever to condemn Nigeria when the organisation itself has been a failure since the end of the cold war. Anyway, it has served its purpose and it needs to be scrapped. We need a new world order!

Whom ever you are God bless you!
I tot I was done with this thread but if I don't give you due recognition, I will never forgive myself for life..
You are the most constructive thing I ever read on nairaland..

"WE NEED A NEW WORLD ORDER"
That was the only thing you said that beat my imagination and I'm wondering if Geniuses like you exist.. I think its to way heavy than one man to think of changing the World order..

You have truly inspired me with your speech. You are an Inspiration.. When I see people that are better than me, I study them and I appreciate them.. I wonder what your Brain is made of, I wonder how you think.. Seriously, you are my Hero.. Like Evans Bipi said of PEJ, You are my Jesus Christ on earth..

I seriously appreciate you and I more than 100% agree with you..
We Need a New World Order..
Thank you very much.. You are someone I want to be with.. I admire not only your reasoning but the level of your reasoning. Your IQ would break the Record if you subject yourself to an IQ test..

I think you are too good to be Good..

We need a new world order..
Pls how can I meet you? How can you pls send me a mail? I want to tap from your brain..

I will never forget the most Constructive thing av read on Nairaland..

We need a new world order..
I never knew someone could reason and think as such.. You are my hero. You are my everything. I think I owe you my life at this point..

You are the best.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
nigeria should sanction UN because UN is totally useless to nigeria.
UN only wakes up to bully small countries
nigeria is not a small country.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by elfico(m): 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
for those likening this case to
Iraq and Afghanistan, bush and
Blair acted based on intelligence
report that Saddam Hussein was
having WMD (weapon of mass
destruction) and their activities were sanctioned by UN security
council... where as al-Bashir was
desperate to hold on to power..."
And did they find any WMD, abi na just recently they born u?
Let UN do their own dirty work, we are nt their night-soil me. *Nonsense*
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by whitecat007: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
I quite understand your point, but as it is, the U.S is hating on Nigerians especially in the southern part of the country by cracking down on them for no reasons, just for being Nigerians. They seek out vulnerable Nigerians to file false charges against. The whites in America are good strategist they wanted a buffer zone between them and the Blacks, so they brought in millions of Hispanics to weaken Blacks[with this attitude of you must fight these people first before getting to us} Nigeria being the most populous Black nation is firmly on their minds and keeps them up at nights. To the West, if Nigeria does well it will prove them wrong and make them look bad cos of the image they wanna portray to the world, I don't know if the UN is a party to it yet but trust me they are all seeing black in their sleep.

Our leaders are not helping matters but we have to chase the eagle away before scolding chicks.
P.Stacks:

Oh! So u said you have been looking at me..
Oh thank you. I have a fan..
U make make feel like a super star.
"You hav been looking at my comments"
Good to know someone is using his life to look at mine.. What does that make me?
I don't give a f*uck about you,
I don't know you,
I don't look at you,
I don't even c you.
I don't ever want to know u.
You don't exist..
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Dbeliever(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
This is really worrisome. But my prayer is that the sanctions should not affect ordinary populace.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by SIRKOL(m): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
Thank God Nigeria and africa is beginning to know her right N hv her stand. The western countries can nnot continue dictating to us wat to do.I wish dis would continue
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by trolling(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
A new world order is coming and a One world is coming but you guys aint gonna like it simply because of those who would be at the top of the pyramid but before you have a world order there has to be world war, world war 1 brought league of nations,world war 2 brought united nations,world war 3 then you have your world order then after that the war to end all wars ,this is the true world order under a righteous govt
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by PStacks(m): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
Warri _Pikin:
They are bloody hypocrites and their countries fund,but does not respect the ICC.
Crimes are supposed to be only committed by Africans and thus the ICC is set up specifically to disgrace African leaders that fall out with the west.
I will not be surprised if they put GEJ on their list for going to China to sign business deal.

You guy are talking of Africa like Africa is Heaven..

Ok in Order of properity.. Arrange all the continents..

Africa, Asia, South America, Asia, Middle East, America. Be objective and Place Africa where she belongs..

If Africa was world power nao, we would say na bad belle them dey witch hunt us..

But arrange the continent in order of Advancment, Prosperity, Per capital income, life expectancy, GDP ratio, Unemployment, Poverty and starvation..

You guys are making it look like africa is more advanced than all the other continent and its just a witch hunt..

ICC is looking for one of the people setting the Africa continent backwards and Africa is still complaining.. OMG. I'm finished..

Ok, I accept. Africa is the number one continent in the world, since we prefer to fool ourselves than say the truth to ourselves.

Africa is better and more advanced than America.
Africa is better than South America..
Africa is better than Europe.
Africa is better than Asia..

I rest my case..

1 Like

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by whitecat007: 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
Also just because it was not found does not mean it wasn't there.

2good:

Just to point out the flaws in your above statement, [b]the American led coalition force that invaded Iraq have not found any weapon of mass destruction in Iraq as alleged since Saddam Hussen fell. [/b]Also UN did not sanction the invasion. America and its allies invaded Iraq against the ruling of the UN which in itself is a crime. Then convictions of the ICC so far, shows that it was a body set up convict non western leaders which to me is a double standard.

Note: I am not in any way in support of the Sudanese leader but just stating the facts.
i

1 Like

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by bajosky: 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
we no go gree o , we no go gree,
UN dey fear to sanction AU,Sudan befor dem go shame dem self for naija wey just be venue for meeting.
i laugh for EFIK WOIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by sambos994(m): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
Did you guys know that Uhuru Kenyatta the president of Kenya, who by the way also visited Nigeria, is wanted by the ICC? Why didn't the ICC complain about that?
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by MagnatedGreat: 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
...Why didn't ICC and UN arrest Al-Bashir? Maybe they're afraid. Nigeria you're great if you're their hope to arrest him...
Chei!...
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by MagnatedGreat: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
[quote
author=WildChild00]The question is why has UN not taking any action
against George .W. Bush and Tony.Blair. of the united kingdom, for crime
against humanity they committed when in office? eg in Iraq etc.[/quote]

...Why didn't ICC and UN arrest Al-Bashir? Maybe they're afraid. Nigeria you're great if you're their hope to arrest him...
Chei!...
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by somalia11: 5:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
the ay-rabs must be defended at all costs even if they kill negros. grin
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by sambos994(m): 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
somalia11: the ay-rabs must be defended at all costs even if they kill negros. grin

F**k outta here, we're not defending anybody.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Fadelex(m): 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Leemak: Are you a learner bros? Sorry to say if im too harsh on you, you are a novice of international issues....Both Bush and Blair conived together to formulate a false report on Saddam that he possesed WMD which was submitted to UN and who do you think is controlling that racism organisation called UN?
During 2002, Bush repeatedly warned of military
action against Iraq unless inspections were allowed to
progress unfettered. In accordance with UN Security
Council Resolution 1441 Iraq reluctantly agreed to new
inspections in late 2002 . With the cooperation of the
Iraqis, a third weapons inspection team in 2003 led by
David Kelly (weapons expert) viewed and
photographed two alleged mobile weapons
laboratories which were actually facilities for the
production of hydrogen gas to fill balloons.... if US and it's allies had not invade... Saddam was preparing for it
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by fydence: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
P.Stacks:

For all you all hating on the west..
You have a facebook account today, its a product of the west.
You have a twitter account today, its a product of the west.
You are Educated today, its a product of the west,
You can read and write in English language today, its a product of the west.. Abi is English your mother tongue?
You can come and post on nairaland today is an extension of a product from the west.
You have a fone today in ur hand, u are holding a western property..

Let me ask you? What does Boko Haram mean?

Western Education is a sin..
That means everybody that has western education is a sinner, that means every nairalander that can read and write is a sinner.

You just come here and be hating on the west, but everything about you and with you is from the west..

However, I have never and would never say the west is perfect as no one man is perfect..

All of you hating on the west and Boko haram saying western education is a sin, I don't see any difference between you and boko haram.. You might be a more refined version of boko haram, but you are still a boko haram..

If you hate the west so much, why did you receive western education? Y do you have a fone? Why do you watch TV? Why do you wear cloths?

Look, weda you like it or not.. The west owns you and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it..

I'l rather be with America than be with China or Russia or India or middle east.

Every nigerian runs to Europe or America. You can hate the west all you want but the west is the very air you breath..

You just want to give yourself a reason to hate? Keep hating.. That has never and would never stop the west from progressing..
You can hate all you want.

yay... Obama is sending u ur green card... This is exactly the slave mentality that is keeping africa down...u see injustice u clap cos you think 'the west owns u' ..do u even knw that africa was impoverished and is still being impoverished to support western advancement...(of course with aid frm our leaders) where does the bulk of raw materials come frm nt to talk of human resources... Back to the topic...the simple point is al bashir is no saint bt if there trully an ICC, Bush, Blair and that gay hawking Obama shld hve to answer for Iraq,Afganistan,yemen and the others lyk bahrain that u didnt see on CNN (oh yes there ws a revolution there too that ws brutally crushed) ... Why the double standard? Secondly... They knw the road to Sudan...abi them nor get special forces.? They shld go and catch him there and nt turn africa against nigeria for their agenda...Nigeria ws just the Host.. And pls pls if 'boko haram' is the best analogy u cn come up with? I... I.. Gosh i dnt get it... Cos u r missing the point.

2 Likes

Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by PStacks(m): 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
whitecat007: I quite understand your point, but as it is, the U.S is hating on Nigerians especially in the southern part of the country by cracking down on them for no reasons, just for being Nigerians. They seek out vulnerable Nigerians to file false charges against. The whites in America are good strategist they wanted a buffer zone between them and the Blacks, so they brought in millions of Hispanics to weaken Blacks[with this attitude of you must fight these people first before getting to us} Nigeria being the most populous Black nation is firmly on their minds and keeps them up at nights. To the West, if Nigeria does well it will prove them wrong and make them look bad cos of the image they wanna portray to the world, I don't know if the UN is a party to it yet but trust me they are all seeing black in their sleep.

Our leaders are not helping matters but we have to chase the eagle away before scolding chicks.

Thank you for enlightening me.. I see where you are coming from and I see your views..
I buy everything you hav said completely and hold same to be true..

Thanks once again. We learn everyday till we die.. Atleast av learnt a new thing today..

Yes, Racism is something we must fight..
I was screeming on twitter and joining black solidarity movement on twitter for tha protest going on in America for #Trayvon Martin..

When it comes to issues of Racism. I'm as black as charcoal. You need to see me..
I can never and will never support White over Black.. God forbid it and its over my dead body.. Black is beautifu, Black is ebony, I'm black and I'm proud I'm black.. Yes! Having said that..

But the issue is, are African leaders corrupt or not?
Is Africa as a continent Backward or Not?
Is there Hunger in Africa or not (Somalia, Congo, Sudan, Liberia, Niger)

We cannot leave the main substance and chase shadows..

Yes I agree with your closing proverb..
A White man is never and can never be superior to me being black, but the thing is, are Black showing Whites y we are better?

If you pass person, you no go talk am, you go show am.. How are we showing the world we are better? We receive Aid from western Donors, what says we shouldn't donate to the west.. If we pass these people, we must show them how we pass them..

We can as a people of Nigeria being the most populous Black Nation, put our acts 2geda and tell America to learn from us.. But right nao, how does America learn from us when we too haven't gotten our bearing?

Look, its complicated but the most constructive person I read on nairaland today just said one thing and I respected him so much for it... "We need a new World Order"

Africa can be the light of the world if we put our Act 2geda, but not till then, we would remain in darkness.

Thank you, I appreciate you so very much. You enlightened me and I'm glad you did.

I will never suppourt a white man against a black man.. Never ever, but what if truly the Black man is wrong?

Martin luther king said, don't judge by the colour of the skin but by the content of their character..

If I see a black man and a white man fighting and can prove the white man is at fault, I will join the black man in fighting the white man..

But if I c a white man and a Black man fighting and I can prove the black man is at fault, I won't take sides with the black man because we are both blacks. Never..

If ICC is looking for Al-bashir a black man, for a crime he committed and I can prove he committed this said crimes, I will willingly submit Al-bashir to the white man..

I'm am not a racist, if a Black man does what is not good, I will say so..

In the Trayvon Martin case, some white men were on TV saying the judgement had a Racial undertone.. Some White people stood with blacks on Trayvon Martin..

Why won't I stand with ICC if they are looking for someone that has looted my continent dry? Someone that has added to the hunger and starvation and poverty and crimes against Humanity..

I will never support a proven Black criminal even if I am Black..

I will only celebrate Black Hero's Like
Nelson Mandela.
Martin Luther king
Rosa Parks.
Barrack Obama
Tope Folarin the winner of Caines Price..
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by fydence: 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
'I think this is the right time for Nigeria to pursue a foreign policy that meets its needs and not merely enforcing policies that promote Western interests. My Position is purely as an African'
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by Abuklaw(m): 5:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
I love nlanders when it comes to things that unite us and not those political dichotomy,see how everyone speaks with one voice and condemn UN action.it is good to talk point blank (utter nothing but the truth) when other sensitive issues are being discuss. Let unite to foster the development of this Nation.
My take on this issue is that UN/ICJ should sanction us as clamoured for by fellow nl sages.this will go along way to wake our slumbering leaders to face the reality of being a sovereign nation.
Re: UN May Sanction Nigeria For Al-bashir's Visit by fydence: 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
Abuklaw: I love nlanders when it comes to things that unite us and not those political dichotomy,see how everyone speaks with one voice and condemn UN action.it is good to talk point blank (utter nothing but the truth) when other sensitive issues are being discuss. Let unite to foster the development of this Nation.
My take on this issue is that UN/ICJ should sanction us as clamoured for by fellow nl sages.this will go along way to wake our slumbering leaders to face the reality of being a sovereign nation.
totally agree with u...i think the sanction is wht we need to start our refineries, take our destinies in our hands and more importantly show the ingenuity of the Nigerian here in Nigeria...The only set of people who can adapt, survive and excel anywhere in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of Soldier Killed By Boko Haram / 2019 Budget Presentation: PDP Lawmakers’ Action Irresponsible - APC / Governor Sanwo-Olu At Interdenominational Thanksgiving Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.