Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves (1872 Views)

No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) / National Assembly Approves Life Pension For President, Vice In New Constitution / Reps Reject 25%, Insist On 7.5% Pension For PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by OmerianConsult: 9:32am On Jul 17, 2013
l just saw this on Channels TV news. Nigerian senators yesterday voted massively in support of life pension for the members of the national assembly (house of reps members and themselves). The voting, which was done using the newly installed electronic voting board (reminds me of Who Wants to be a Millionaire audience) also killed the bill for local government autonomy.
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Acidosis(m): 9:37am On Jul 17, 2013
If this is true...THEN LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN

1 Like

Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Maxymilliano(m): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2013
Truly, Nigerian legislators behave more like conscience-less crooks than responsible lawmakers.
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 17, 2013
[size=20pt] REVOLUTION!!! [/size]

[size=19pt]Click like if you are in support. [/size]

10 Likes

Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Emperor007: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2013

Sovereign National Conference or Revolution is long over due in Nigeria.

They have not and will never pass a single bill that would benefit unemployed graduates or the poor Nigerian masses.

This can only happen in Nigeria and people are quiet as if nothing happened, part of the character which qualifies Nigerians as the most gullible creature ( beings ) presently existing on earth.

Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Smartluv(m): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2013
selfish senators
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 17, 2013
So why wont somebdy break another's head in d house? These pple will b geting pension fo 4/8 year "service" and im sure dat pension will be far bigger dan d average fo dose wu served fatherland fo 35/40yrs! This is anoda reason to cry fo Nigeria
somebdy wu servd fo 4yrs and anoda wu servd fo 8yrs, wat type of pension will d two get?
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by otokx(m): 10:47am On Jul 17, 2013
How can Nigeria progress like this?
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Scarpon(m): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2013
those politicians are the exact people bokoharam are supposed to be bombing
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by rash47(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2013
Sad
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Myself2(m): 11:21am On Jul 17, 2013
Why has Wole Soyinka not issued with the speed of light, a press release and addressed a press conference to condemn this wicked vote,or is he only interested in affairs that will spite the wife of the president??Shame

I wonder why Tinubu not spoken out against this,Sule Lamido and the three semi-literate governors n oise-making governors of Niger,Adamawa and Kano,not flown to Abuja to register their protest.Bloody self-serving hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Myself2(m): 11:23am On Jul 17, 2013
emmysenior: [size=20pt] REVOLUTION!!! [/size]

Shut up my friend,you think by hiding in your room and typing revolution revolution,that's how they come about?
What practical thing are you willing to do to start one?If you hear gboa now,Usain Bolt no go see ya brake light

4 Likes

Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Ozonna(m): 11:39am On Jul 17, 2013
Guys let's be reminded that there ACN and CPC members of Ϯh℮ senate. They all voted for this. Amaechi who's now a hero for Ϯh℮ opposition now also signed into law that Rivers people will build a house for him in Abuja and PH when his tenure expires.

So guys we all can see that our political elites are Ϯh℮ same. Siamese twins, they don't care about us. They are all wicked.

I'll support any revolution that will target all past and present political office holders from councillor to President. Irrespective of Ϯh℮ region or religion

6 Likes

Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by tawa89(f): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2013
Did both ACN,CPC and ANPP senators vote for this bill?huh? So APC senators voted overwhelmingly to enrich themselves till they die? Even Tinubu's wife? If Tinubu and Buhari cannot influence their wives and members of their party in the upper house to kick against this crazy bill then they should hide their head in shame. I thought Buhari is an anti-corruption czar? So APC senators connived with PDP senators to vote for this anti-masses. Well Liar Mohammed hasn't released a press statement regarding this obnoxious bill? Hypocrites everywhere!
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Akpaife(m): 11:52am On Jul 17, 2013
emmysenior: [size=20pt] REVOLUTION!!! [/size]

I dnt agree wt u,u wat 2 turn Nig into war zone NO I dnt agree wt u
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by greatgod2012(f): 11:53am On Jul 17, 2013
Life pension for those who will serve the country for 4-8 years and no pension for those who will serve the country for 35 years.....

WTF
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by drnoel: 11:54am On Jul 17, 2013
Omerian Consult: Nigerian senators yesterday voted massively in support of life pension for the members of the national assembly (house of reps members and themselves). The voting, which was done using the newly installed electronic voting board (reminds me of Who Wants to be a Millionaire audience) also killed the bill for local government autonomy.
Source pl
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by greatgod2012(f): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2013
Indeed, no human government have people's interest in mind before seeking for political power, they are only clamouring to be there for their own interests.

Citizens, BEWARE!
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by greatgod2012(f): 11:58am On Jul 17, 2013
These senators are damn selfish, if its salary increment for workers now, they wont oblige.

SMH..
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Akpaife(m): 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
An open leter 2 our leaders hear me oooo
If u do good kingdom,if u do bad no more kingdom keep looting ds nation 1day u will account 4 all might God how u lead us,wht shall it profit a man 2 again d whole world n lose his own soul
Nigeria is a country where one person be richer dan d whole country
If u like make it generation 2 generation d children of God must survive
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
Did the 'progressive' Acn/Cpc senators oppose this? Tomorrow the same opposition and their supporters will be accusing GEJ of being the problem of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by KwoiZabo(m): 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
it is things like this that make me support GEJ. if i look around and see how bad these politicians are i can't help but say that President Jonathan is God's gift to this country. take a look of how the presidency is sruggling to pass the budget in the house because these dishonourable members have slashed a good portion of capital projects and allocated it to themselves as constituency projects. When Madam Ngozi talks they will say its blackmail.http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-deepening-budget-crisis/152776/

1 Like

Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by greatgod2012(f): 12:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: Did the 'progressive' Acn/Cpc senators oppose this? Tomorrow the same opposition and their supporters will be accusing GEJ of being the problem of Nigeria.

abeeeeeeg.....chill!!!
They are all the same.........CPC o, ACN o, PDP o, APGA,o........., they are all selfish, they are all there for their selfish interest, not for anyone.
Anyone of them that condemns GEJ is only being unfair to him and untrue to the populace.

1 Like

Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by 4Play(m): 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
This kind of article exposing bi-partisan egregious theft by our politicians doesn't usually make front page as it doesn't follow the formula of pro or anti-GEJ stories which the paid agents and bigots that infest this forum prefer.
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Amanwulu1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2013
D lawmakers ar our problems in dis country and dat includes pdp nd apc and nt GEJ. Let GEJ refuse to sign dis and u'll c fight and d same opositn wil blame him. Parasitic lawmakers.
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Amanwulu1(m): 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
II c arm robbers on rampage robbing and asasinatg d lawmkers at d same time thereby cuting their lives short and saving our economy. Or Do dead men collect pension?
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by princesammmy: 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
niger my country
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2013
Akpa ife:
I dnt agree wt u,u wat 2 turn Nig into war zone NO I dnt agree wt u
make nigeria be warzone,if e no be war zone,na poverty zone
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by greatgod2012(f): 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
princesammmy: niger my country

"niger" no be your country, na "naija"
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
Smartluv: selfish senators

Really selfish.
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by Danhumprey: 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
Speechless!!! Can't believe these are the same people we elected to go and protect and promote our interest. Selfish people. Let them not forget that the would die and leave the money and that they are jeopardizing the future of their children,grandchildren,great-grandchildren.
Re: Senators Approve Life Pension For Themselves by LFJ: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
Myself2: Why has Wole Soyinka not issued with the speed of light, a press release and addressed a press conference to condemn this wicked vote,or is he only interested in affairs that will spite the wife of the president??Shame

I wonder why Tinubu not spoken out against this,Sule Lamido and the three semi-literate governors n oise-making governors of Niger,Adamawa and Kano,not flown to Abuja to register their protest.Bloody self-serving hypocrites

What are you waiting? Are you not a Nigeria? You have the same right and freedom of speech like WS as a Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Code Name For Mr President / Arewa Youths Warn Asari Dokubo Over Odd Remarks Against Northern Leaders / Jonathan Supervises A Corrupt Govt, Says Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.