Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Hackers Convince Bank To Send $15000 Wire Transfer With The Help Of Hacked Gmail - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hackers Convince Bank To Send $15000 Wire Transfer With The Help Of Hacked Gmail (2382 Views)

Access Bank To Deactivate ATM Cards Trapped In Other Banks' ATMs / First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days / Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hackers Convince Bank To Send $15000 Wire Transfer With The Help Of Hacked Gmail by Slyr0x: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2013
Cybercriminals hacked the Gmail account of a Dubai based Indian expatriate Anil Abraham and used the account to convince bank to transfer $15,000 from his bank account in India.

When Anil contacted the Bank, he was told by the Branch Manager that the Money was transferred at his request only via email. The cybercriminals are reportedly send a signed document with the email to trick the Bank into transfer the money.

Sponsored Links
According to Emirates247 report, the money was transferred to someone named Garry Albert Frazer to Westpac bank account in New Zealand.

Anil said whoever hacked into his email id had managed to steal fianancial information and managed to use those info to write email to Bank with forged signature.

I'm still wondering how bank allowed the cyber criminal to steal the money, they usually don't allow us to transfer money via email accounts without any personal verification. As far as i know, Bank always careful when it comes to big amount of transfer - $15,000(nearly 90,0000 Rupees).

Source: http://www.ehackingnews.com/2013/07/hackers-convince-bank-to-send-15000.html
Re: Hackers Convince Bank To Send $15000 Wire Transfer With The Help Of Hacked Gmail by olenyi: 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
shocked
Re: Hackers Convince Bank To Send $15000 Wire Transfer With The Help Of Hacked Gmail by Cyborg2011: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
What ! That will be the worse bank I ever heard, so no further verification like phone call, hardware token, sms etc. I will advice folks (in India) having account with that bank to suspend their accounts, cos I think the bank doesn't have proper, tighter, high bank transfer policy/ethics etc.

I pity the guy, else he has to study their transfer policy and if violated should sue them and claim serious damages.

By the way, I will like to know which Bank is this ? any clue.
Re: Hackers Convince Bank To Send $15000 Wire Transfer With The Help Of Hacked Gmail by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2013
Cyborg2011:
By the way, I will like to know which Bank is this ? any clue.
Umukoro Community Development Bank (UCDB)
Re: Hackers Convince Bank To Send $15000 Wire Transfer With The Help Of Hacked Gmail by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2015
the best hacker so far is robertyoung153@yahoo.com.... he is the best hacker, he can transfer money into your account... Any country you want. Even western union money transfer too...

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Invest 20,000 / Company From Hell! How Rosabon Financial Services Has Been Endangering Lives... / Flutterwave- My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.