Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police (18441 Views)

10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents / David Oyedepo Got Painted By Nigerian Artist Ayeola Ayodeji / My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by olatade(m): 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Doubf if the commisioner of police was even aware of any incident that occured in your neigborhood......d cops just used it as an excuse to snuff bail money from u guys,they are fond of this "mass arrest" tin,happens everywhere
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by hardbody: 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
You said you want to sue, i say SUE. The law says 'ubi jus ibi remedium' (where there is a right, there must be a remedy). It is this attitude of let us leave it to God that encourages those bandits to carry on with their gross illegality.

I hope you can identify the police man(men) that effected the arrest. If you are not able to get their names, sue the NPF and join the IGP. All the best.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by iyobs7(f): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
bennyraz: Write a letter of petition to the National assembly.. copy the Police service commission, copy the inspector general of police.. copy the Assistance Inspector General of police of your zone, copy the commissioner, copy the DPO of the police station.. Submit at the National assembly and all other places you copied. Your matter will be treated.. Going to court is a waste of time.. how many cases are still in court against the NPF since the 90's??

When them go fling the petitions from their table
Oga nor go even see am sef, na secretary go just laff tear am throway

1 Like

Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by tellwisdom: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
They wrongfully detained your dad and you are here crying on what to do...Guy go plant bomb angry
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by greatgod2012(f): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
dehcko: that's 9ja for you. lawless country with clueless president.....

and what has the president got to do with this report

Is he the one that asked the NPF to get them arrested unlawfully
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by dammytosh: 6:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
My dear,

Drop the idea of suing anybody. Let that be a motivation for you to work hard and be so successful that one of your security details (a police) attached will open the door for your Dad.

That is the sweetest revenge I can think of. Weird ? Yes , but that is what we understand in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by greatgod2012(f): 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
@op, if you have concrete evidence(s) that you can use, then, you can sue them, but, if not, you might not win the case if you do.
Thank God and wishing you goodluck in your decision.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
iyobs7:

When them go fling the petitions from their table
Oga nor go even see am sef, na secretary go just laff tear am throway
nobody would fling the petition off his/her table.. Nigerians need to learn to start writing letters.. once it gets to the senate or house of reps.. it will be treated and investigated.. the officers involved might be fired if found guilty..
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by timowale: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2013
Sue so long as you have evidence you'll win and it will teach the police how to respect people's rights! Some years ago the police had to pay N1 million naira to the family of the Editor of Tell magazine for pointing a gun at their 4 year old daughter's head while trying to arrest him (the editor)

As in for real?sounds more like of nollywood to me.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Anvaller: 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Seun, the 1st to comment BS needs to be curbed. Even if some kids can access Nairaland, they should learn to pretend to be adults on the forum. It waters down the integrity of this forum and I know u wouldnt like that do u? So pls do something about it.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by kokoye(m): 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
Some live in a foreign land and this has NEVER happened to them.

1st class citizens of your country indeed

very sad.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by raynold(m): 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
same thing happened to me..but for a different reason...
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by edwardjr: 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
God bless al wonderful nairalanders al ur contributions were very helpful. D police said i shud b bck on tuesday so, i'll wait 4 dem 2 finish al their game b4 i decide on d next action. Thank u all
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Geniusvic(m): 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
NPF doesn't take human rights serious in this country! Sue 'em man!
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by edwardjr: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
Damn!

Is he stable now?
yeah by God's grace he is ok now
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by rodeo0070(m): 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
This is mad! Please do we have an experienced lawyer in the house to address this matter. We must not always leave "matters to God". That attitude is killing Niger-Area...
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by edwardjr: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
God bless nairalanders,al ur contributions were helpful. I've bin asked 2 com 2 d police station again on tuesday,i'll wait 4 al their game 2b over b4 my next action. Thnk a zillion!
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by sanandreas(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nigerian police are terrific. abeg sue dem. Cell nor be place where dem dey go for even one hour.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by creativemusic: 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
for them is a normal thing and they claim they are doing their job: God help Nigeria People from Nigeria Police grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Okeikpu(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
You & ur dad get criminal face? U know say 9ja police dey arrest pple by look (-?-)
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Oyinspower: 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by NEROSKY(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
Abujafood:

@Seun do something about this first to comment it's becoming very annoying. If you banned people for asking about the price of garri I think we need to ban this first commenters as they're really annoying!

Naijaloaded has done that & is working out
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Oyinspower: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
Naija police are not helping maters @all
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Vonwolf(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2013
My Advice is Twofold

(1) Sue if you know that your safety is guaranteed cos we all know police officers in Naija and what they can do.

(2) Those Idiots responsible would not want to be tried for illegal/unlawful detention so they can do anything to get off the mess.so I'm sure you understand me better?
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by stildude(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
edwardjr: God bless nairalanders,al ur contributions were helpful. I've bin asked 2 com 2 d police station again on tuesday,i'll wait 4 al their game 2b over b4 my next action. Thnk a zillion!
By coming to seek opinion, I am sure no action will be taken by you. If you really mean business, you should be talking to a lawyer. seriously.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by deeptesting(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
@OP i am happy that your Dad is doing fine and you guys have your freedom without any issue of accidental discharge from their gun. This is the more reason why we all have to stand up and fight for the progress of this nation because we will all be suffering from the mismanagement of this country one way or the other... I read on one of the national papers that the monthly allocation this Divisional police stations receives every month or two is N35,000 as running expenses...Please tell me how a police station will carry out their functions with this amount? Is it to buy fuel for their patrol vehicles monthly? or what? This story was confirmed by the force PRO or DPRO dont know his rank but his name is Frank Mba...The arrest of your dad,you and other neighbors and the demand for bail charges is just one of the numerous antics they deploy to meet up with their expenses. The people you are sending the petition to are all aware of this rot from the IGP, to the Commissioner of police down to the Divisional Police Officer. The President has to do more in fighting corruption if this country is to move forward but does he have the WILL? However, that does not stop you from crying out as it may serve as a deterrent to them coming to your neighborhood for such arrest and unlawful detention..(Next time them go say ur area na bad market)...
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by free2ryhme: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
edwardjr: pls Nairalanders

what would you do if police broke into your house by 1.20am to arrest you and your dad alone, because boy was be-headed last month and the body dumped in a primary sch.in your neighbourhood?

N/B:
1.they said they were petitioned and that the commissioner of police said they were not doing anything about the incident(murder case)

2.They said they were on mass arrest but 2 other tenants were not arrested in my compound apart from about 10 other innocent people living close.

3. We were taken into the cell directly without writing our statements and were kept in cell till 9am

4. the police collected 10,000 for our bail(me and my dad).

5. It was after all this that we were now asked to write our statements.

6. My dad was under medications,sick yet he was put into d cell without clothes to cover cold and it triggered his BP which was very high.

I want to sue!

I understand your plight and this is the usual situation with the Nigerian police when there is no culprit everyone in close proximity where the crime was committed becomes the suspect .. and pls the money to take up a lawyer against a police use it to feed yourself and attend to your dad's health .. that's is my own two pennies for you ... use common sense and do your deduction.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by addicted268(f): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
@OP sorry about your dad.I hope he's getting better.Please Sue.it is the issue of "leaving everything to God" that got Nigeria where she is today.we are harrassed everyday and we leave everything to God.The harrassment gradually becomes a norm/way of living.we have to shake off this suffering and smiling mentality.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
Sue them, resue and sue them. They are bastard
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by FILEBE(m): 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
There is a sayin in Nigeria that "i no follow na 5000". That was then i heard it has been increased to 10k. Nigerian Police are the most stupid, useless and foolish in the world ( sorry if any of ur relatives is a police officer).
If they cant catch the culprit they will catch the witnesses and on-lookers. Ever wondered why every alledgely caught thieves are paraded with guns and ammunition? Even a petty theif that the police claimed to have fingered a phone will have an Ak 47 displayed infront of him as evidence. Whenever their is a street fight you will see guys migrating from the street the next day afraid that the police will raid house to house looking for boys. You will be unlucky if you are the type that has muscles.
I dislike NPF more than anything!
@O.P hope ur father is alright now sha?
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Oguieke(m): 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
my pikin leave vengians for God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Nice Yoruba Name 4 Baby Boy! / ‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study / This 4-Year-Old Boy, Odunayo Adeyemi Is Missing (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.