Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police (18442 Views)

10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents / David Oyedepo Got Painted By Nigerian Artist Ayeola Ayodeji / My Dad Has Been Detained 4 Two Months, Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Vonwolf(m): 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
otijah: so u knw its expensive, and u want him to get free lawyer. Forgeting that not only lawyers alone would be involved in terms of expenses. @op fighting NPF in Nigeria is just starting a fight u can't win at all so leave the rest for God.

Or he can go to Brekete Family Radio programme in Abuja where free legal services will be offered to him and a telephone conversation btw d presenter and D.P.O will be held for people to know.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by FILEBE(m): 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
deeptesting: @OP i am happy that your Dad is doing fine and you guys have your freedom without any issue of accidental discharge from their gun. This is the more reason why we all have to stand up and fight for the progress of this nation because we will all be suffering from the mismanagement of this country one way or the other... I read on one of the national papers that the monthly allocation this Divisional police stations receives every month or two is N35,000 as running expenses...Please tell me how a police station will carry out their functions with this amount? Is it to buy fuel for their patrol vehicles monthly? or what? This story was confirmed by the force PRO or DPRO dont know his rank but his name is Frank Mba...The arrest of your dad,you and other neighbors and the demand for bail charges is just one of the numerous antics they deploy to meet up with their expenses. The people you are sending the petition to are all aware of this rot from the IGP, to the Commissioner of police down to the Divisional Police Officer. The President has to do more in fighting corruption if this country is to move forward but does he have the WILL? However, that does not stop you from crying out as it may serve as a deterrent to them coming to your neighborhood for such arrest and unlawful detention..(Next time them go say ur area na bad market)...

so...because a doctor is not paid well means he should start infecting people with fever? O
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by FILEBE(m): 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
What the hell mods and robots? Why changing my words na?
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by deeptesting(m): 8:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
FILEBE:

so...because a doctor is not paid well means he should start infecting people with fever? O

Hope you know how to read?
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by maclatunji: 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
bennyraz: Write a letter of petition to the National assembly.. copy the Police service commission, copy the inspector general of police.. copy the Assistance Inspector General of police of your zone, copy the commissioner, copy the DPO of the police station.. Submit at the National assembly and all other places you copied. Your matter will be treated.. Going to court is a waste of time.. how many cases are still in court against the NPF since the 90's??

I think this makes sense if OP is ready for a long fight. This country is beyond needing reform and needs a total overhaul of its entire structure.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by mannobi(m): 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
Juni4jay: pls sue...NPF r group of criminals demself?
D police isnt a big issue any longer. We all know that we only have bunch of criminals putting on uniforms[/color][color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Funkeogunjobi(f): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
Just allow Almighty God to fight you.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
you should proceed to sue for breach of your fundamental human rights. Consult a lawyer asap!
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by VicGoodGuy(m): 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
segzi cres: Pele. 1st to comment!!!!!!!!!! 1st time ever!

After all your haste to be 1st to comment, u couldn't even achieve it. While the real first to comment didn't even mention it. Maturity!

1 Like

Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by juman(m): 8:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
The main problem of this country is one nigeria.

@OP, consult a lawyer.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by blackbeau1(f): 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
Please oh be careful. The Nigerian police are good at murdering people.it is the only thing they excel at

1 Like

Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Chima2012: 9:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
If you are living in Lagos, I suggest you contact Human Rights NGOs in like LEDAP or HURILAWS to pursue your case. They will do it free of charge. You can also go to the office of the Public Defender in Ikeja or the secretariat of the Nigerian Bar Association in Ikeja or Igbosere (Lagos Island). Don't let this go. If you are not in Lagos, please contactbthe local branch of the NBA in the town you reside in. The office will usually be in the High Court of that town. Don't let this violation pass. Sue them and set an example.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by supaeagles(m): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
segzi cres: Pele. 1st to comment!!!!!!!!!! 1st time ever!
pele your self bros, for you were actually #2. Better luck next time.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Emmy9ite(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Thank God you are out o! That was the same way my roommate and I were arrested at our home in uyo in the name of mass arrest during the uniuyo incident. some people are in the prison for doing nothing.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
bennyraz: Write a letter of petition to the National assembly.. copy the Police service commission, copy the inspector general of police.. copy the Assistance Inspector General of police of your zone, copy the commissioner, copy the DPO of the police station.. Submit at the National assembly and all other places you copied. Your matter will be treated.. Going to court is a waste of time.. how many cases are still in court against the NPF since the 90's??
@ Op roger the above suggestion. Although I'd add that u copy ur senator & house of rep. member that represents ur constituency and forward all the letters through DHL/Fedex to make sure it reaches the resipients.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by abbeymighty(m): 10:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
please don't try to sue oo. they may turn the case against you that you are the suspected murderer.plsssssss leave them for God and pray for dad recovery
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by kid7soccer(m): 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Guy u and ur pops no try at all ooo. U for make them no say u get ur right and u go sue them for break in i gest the didnt hav a warrant by the commissioner. All the same i think they broke and wanna use u guys to table their income. Sori about ur dad, that wat hapin in a country rule by fools. Get a gud lawyer wit a SAN tag and sue them.
edwardjr: pls Nairalanders

what would you do if police broke into your house by 1.20am to arrest you and your dad alone, because boy was be-headed last month and the body dumped in a primary sch.in your neighbourhood?

N/B:
1.they said they were petitioned and that the commissioner of police said they were not doing anything about the incident(murder case)

2.They said they were on mass arrest but 2 other tenants were not arrested in my compound apart from about 10 other innocent people living close.

3. We were taken into the cell directly without writing our statements and were kept in cell till 9am

4. the police collected 10,000 for our bail(me and my dad).

5. It was after all this that we were now asked to write our statements.

6. My dad was under medications,sick yet he was put into d cell without clothes to cover cold and it triggered his BP which was very high.

I want to sue!
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by kid7soccer(m): 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
Guy u and ur pops no try at all ooo. U for make them no say u get ur right and u go sue them for break in i gest the didnt hav a warrant by the commissioner. All the same i think they broke and wanna use u guys to table their income. Sori about ur dad, that wat hapin in a country rule by fools. Get a gud lawyer wit a SAN tag and sue them.
edwardjr: pls Nairalanders

what would you do if police broke into your house by 1.20am to arrest you and your dad alone, because boy was be-headed last month and the body dumped in a primary sch.in your neighbourhood?

N/B:
1.they said they were petitioned and that the commissioner of police said they were not doing anything about the incident(murder case)

2.They said they were on mass arrest but 2 other tenants were not arrested in my compound apart from about 10 other innocent people living close.

3. We were taken into the cell directly without writing our statements and were kept in cell till 9am

4. the police collected 10,000 for our bail(me and my dad).

5. It was after all this that we were now asked to write our statements.

6. My dad was under medications,sick yet he was put into d cell without clothes to cover cold and it triggered his BP which was very high.

I want to sue!
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Erukuomoibadan: 10:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Judolisco: If u dnt sue u are a fool

Wachere oooo
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by kabba7(m): 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
When will Nigerians wise up somone posted an allefation U̶̲̥̅̊ did not investigate but virtually jump to conclusion that the allegation is true is this part of prove of being educated ?
If anyone stupidly gave 10k to a policeman let him collect the reciept from the IGP in Abuja .
If U̶̲̥̅̊ are not dumb why give money to police are they courts or don't U̶̲̥̅̊ have some kuekue lawyer in your families as U̶̲̥̅̊ claim book everyday but still behave OLODO , Shior
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by mrofficial(m): 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
Rogues in uniform.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Sike(m): 10:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
Our Police, Our Problem.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Wittywizard(m): 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
carry ur 1st to comment go colect money 4rm a.t.m ..
Mtcheeeew
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Midastorch(m): 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
ajetunde:

Typical Naija attitude, to thank God and leave the rest for God.

Two people die in an accident....Thank God it's not Ten
PHCN gave us light for just 3 hours today......Thank God they brought it, they tried.

@Op, I know it may be expensive to get a lawyer but there are human right lawyers who could pick up your case for free. Do your best to get justice but don't expect too much so that you won't be disappointed
And where did u drop your brain beforemtschewww.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Meddler(f): 11:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
bennyraz: nobody would fling the petition off his/her table.. Nigerians need to learn to start writing letters.. once it gets to the senate or house of reps.. it will be treated and investigated.. the officers involved might be fired if found guilty..

I'm with you on this one. I actually think its the best option. Forget suing the police, I'm sure they already have a gazillion cases against them with no action.
Petitions are like kryptonite to civil servants. Your best option is to write a petition and do as benny suggested. Nigerians really do have to start writing letters. I would also suggest u involve one or two newspapers if you can too.
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Meddler(f): 11:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
Vonwolf:

Or he can go to Brekete Family Radio programme in Abuja where free legal services will be offered to him and a telephone conversation btw d presenter and D.P.O will be held for people to know.

That's another good advice. But isn't their cases limited to abuja only?
Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by MrMcJay(m): 11:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
OP, the guys that were shot and injured by the Police during the subsidy protest were awarded N100 Million each by the Court last month. They couldn't get lawyers, so they sued through the officers of the Office of the Public Defender in the Lagos State Ministry of Justice. Sue the Inspector-General of Police, sue the Commissioner of Police and sue the cops that arrested you personally (in their own names). The day they are served with the summons, they'll burst into tears. You have a very good case, don't leave it in the hands of 'God'. He has given you one brain and two balls.

1 Like

Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by tbaba1234: 12:02am On Jul 19, 2013
......God does not change the condition of a people unless they change what is in themselves.......... ( Quran 13:11)

We, as individuals and as a country have to make the changes and make an effort before seeking God's aid.

If we do not make the changes required then quite frankly, we do not deserve the help of God. It doesn't matter how many hours you pray, if you do not study for an exam, you will fail, woefully.

We can't expect change in Nigeria by simply praying and making no effort. God does not change the condition of a people until they change themselves.

So op, seek justice if you have the means to. You can explore the options already suggested.

1 Like

Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by Vonwolf(m): 12:37am On Jul 19, 2013
Meddler:

That's another good advice. But isn't their cases limited to abuja only?

No, their coverage does not have limit, anywhere in the world so long as you are a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Unlawfully Arrested & Detained By Nigerian Police by anonimi: 2:31am On Jul 19, 2013
tbaba1234: ......God does not change the condition of a people unless they change what is in themselves.......... ( Quran 13:11)

We, as individuals and as a country have to make the changes and make an effort before seeking God's aid.

Good quote from the Quran. Thanks.
I wonder how many muslims know this particular and similar ones to it

The Bible has equivalent quotes but the pastors don't emphasis on those as it means they will be out of business shocked

Until more & more of us realise that God has given us brains to sort ourselves out, since he will not come down physically to help us, we will continue in our individual and collective ROT!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study / Pls I Need A Nice Yoruba Name 4 Baby Boy! / This 4-Year-Old Boy, Odunayo Adeyemi Is Missing (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.